January Jellybeans 2013!...

La Mere: Hugs and Prayers!

Betheney: I was the same... I just had to get out!

I've been telling everyone that I'm not taking Matthew anywhere for at least a month or so, but just because it's going to be too cold in January.

I had a few people make nasty comments about general strangers who would be out and about with a newborn and how they're too young and there's too many germs and that it's wrong. So I was terrified of being judged for taking a baby out too early and didn't plan on leaving the house for weeks but like I said after a few days I was BORED!!! LOL. Plus I actually still had things to buy from the super market and things to do. I don't have any family around so it's all up to us to get things done.

Ha ha the movies, awesome!! You're definitely right though, will take it as it comes - hoping to be like you and it be pretty smooth sailing :thumbup: Hopefully with the early labour rather than the late!!

I had this big harry potter day organised with my girlfriends for the deathly Hallows part 1. we were going to watch all the films first and have lots of games then at 11:30pm leave for the midnight screening. Well my waters broke 6am the morning of the party so I missed our movie marathon, she was born at 30mins past midnight so while my girlfriends were at HP I was squeezing out a baby!! lol. I knew I wouldn't get another chance to see the film because it would be too loud for a newborn so at 7days old we went to our first mums n bubs movie session :) it was really fun tho. We just sat up the back and had a breastfeed when we needed. I was so nervous as my first outing on my own with baby. One mum told me she can't believe I was out and about at 7days she was still curled up in bed at that point and all I could think was "really?" I'm just sitting at home twiddling my thumbs. lol. But I easily napped afternoons so that makes a big difference to your state of mind and well being

La mere - thinking of you and your mum.

Christmas dinner wise we normally have chicken as not a fan of turkey and then one other meat, normally beef or lamb. Plus roast potatoes, veg, stuffing, pigs in blankets (sausages in bacon) and Yorkshire puddings. We normally have something to start as well, either soup or prawn cocktail. Pudding wise the tradition is Christmas pudding which is like a sponge based dark cake with fruit and brandy although I could be wrong there as not a huge fan. We normally have something else.

We don't really celebrate big on Christmas Day as my grandfather dies quite close to Christmas so we do it for the children in the family and then we celebrate more on Boxing Day where the whole family, about 30 of us go to my mums.

I am pleased to stay that's I've nearly done all my Christmas present shopping, probably 2-3 more gifts to buy. We have to start early as wi have a very big family and with baby coming this year it's extra reason to ensure it's done!

If I can travel, we'll be spending Thanksgiving with my parents; They live about 3hrs away. If not, we'll go to in-laws who are about 45min away.

We always spend Christmas Eve by ourselves and go to the in-laws on Christmas Day for presents and dinner. We'll more than likely do that again this year unless I just don't feel up to it. Christmas is 3 weeks before my due date.

What do you ladies in the UK usually have for Christmas dinner?

We generally one or two meats including turkey/ham/lamb/beef with some sort of potatoes and vegetables. Don't forget rolls and appetizers. Of course, lots of desserts. My mom makes a killer apple pie that slays me warmed with vanilla bean ice cream.

We usually have a pretty traditional Christmas dinner of turkey, roast potatoes, brussel sprouts, other veg, stuffing and pigs in blankets. We also usually follow it with Christmas Pudding and cream (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christmas_pudding) or trifle. I LOVE Christmas dinner although it will be a bit different this year as DH decided to go vegetarian earlier this year so it will be me eating turkey on my own.

La Mere - I hope things go well for your mum! :hugs:

Christmas dinner wise we normally have chicken as not a fan of turkey and then one other meat, normally beef or lamb. Plus roast potatoes, veg, stuffing, pigs in blankets (sausages in bacon) and Yorkshire puddings. We normally have something to start as well, either soup or prawn cocktail. Pudding wise the tradition is Christmas pudding which is like a sponge based dark cake with fruit and brandy although I could be wrong there as not a huge fan. We normally have something else.

We don't really celebrate big on Christmas Day as my grandfather dies quite close to Christmas so we do it for the children in the family and then we celebrate more on Boxing Day where the whole family, about 30 of us go to my mums.

I am pleased to stay that's I've nearly done all my Christmas present shopping, probably 2-3 more gifts to buy. We have to start early as wi have a very big family and with baby coming this year it's extra reason to ensure it's done!

Wow, you are organised! I really need to start thinking about Christmas presents. My folks are coming to visit at the beginning of December so I need to have everything bought by then so I can send things back up north with them. One of my brothers and his wife also live in Australia so I need to think about presents for them in plenty of time.

Girls, I just found out that my mom is having to have surgery this afternoon because of a bulged disc that is pressing on her spinal cord. If I could ask you all to please say a few prayers for her. Her name is Anna. She's really scared and so am I. Thank you in advance, girls. <3
Prayers sent ur direction La Mere, has it been completed yet? Any update?

Went for the 3D yesterday, so crazy to see this little man - and of course he tries to fit his whole fist in his mouth! Feels so surreal but I can't wait to meet him :cloud9: SOOOO happy to have spent the money on this. :happydance:

Attachments

• Baby3D1.JPG
    Baby3D1.JPG
    38.2 KB · Views: 1
  • Baby3D2.JPG
    Baby3D2.JPG
    38.2 KB · Views: 1
La Mere - not sure if it's over yet, hoping everything has gone to plan x

Does anyone else get period type pain? I'm getting it daily and it radiates into my back just like with normal period pain. I don't remember this with my first pregnancy. I don't have any round ligament pain at all. Just this period type pain.

Does anyone else get period type pain? I'm getting it daily and it radiates into my back just like with normal period pain. I don't remember this with my first pregnancy. I don't have any round ligament pain at all. Just this period type pain.
I had been getting this pain but I think I've got the round ligament pain starting now since it feels like I've pulled all the muscles around my pelvis - baby is also laying transverse really low.... Hope he moves soon and it helps....

yeah i know it's not round ligament pain but it all happens in that area. I'm sure at the moment baby is lying low and tranverse... it did cross my mind that i think the pain only happens when baby is low and transverse but i'm not 100% sure. I'll have to pay closer attention to when the pain strikes again as to where it feels like the baby is.

I've been having period pains for months. They are only mild and every now and again, so I've just ignored it

If I can travel, we'll be spending Thanksgiving with my parents; They live about 3hrs away. If not, we'll go to in-laws who are about 45min away.

We always spend Christmas Eve by ourselves and go to the in-laws on Christmas Day for presents and dinner. We'll more than likely do that again this year unless I just don't feel up to it. Christmas is 3 weeks before my due date.

We generally one or two meats including turkey/ham/lamb/beef with some sort of potatoes and vegetables. Don't forget rolls and appetizers. Of course, lots of desserts. My mom makes a killer apple pie that slays me warmed with vanilla bean ice cream.

Traditional christmas dinner in the UK is turkey but some people have other meats :) we have turkey, potatoes, veg, stuffing and pigs in blankets :) then christmas pudding with custard nom nom nom.

We go to the in-laws for christmas dinner every year and then stay over night, luckily they only live 7 miles away so not a problem if labour starts, although my mil has said Ill be sitting on a plastic sheet just incase my waters go pmsl

Thinking of your mum la mere, hope all goes well xx

What is Christmas pudding?

Erm... Im not really a fan but its like a heavy moist spongey cake with mixed fruit in it thats steamed and traditionally has rum or brandy in it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christmas_pudding

Girls, I just found out that my mom is having to have surgery this afternoon because of a bulged disc that is pressing on her spinal cord. If I could ask you all to please say a few prayers for her. Her name is Anna. She's really scared and so am I. Thank you in advance, girls. <3
Prayers sent ur direction La Mere, has it been completed yet? Any update?

My mom called me this morning. She said her back doesn't hurt anymore, but is still numb from the waist down. She told me that they are putting the surgery off for right now, but will be doing a spinal tap to get cord fluid and do more blood work to see if there is another option other than surgery. Thank you all so much for your prayers and thoughts! :hugs:

La Mere: Hugs and Prayers!

Betheney: I was the same... I just had to get out!

Thnk you leniz!

Thank you, Sonia!

We usually have a pretty traditional Christmas dinner of turkey, roast potatoes, brussel sprouts, other veg, stuffing and pigs in blankets. We also usually follow it with Christmas Pudding and cream (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christmas_pudding) or trifle. I LOVE Christmas dinner although it will be a bit different this year as DH decided to go vegetarian earlier this year so it will be me eating turkey on my own.

La Mere - I hope things go well for your mum! :hugs:

Thank you, Lilah!

La Mere - not sure if it's over yet, hoping everything has gone to plan x

Thanks, Blossom!

Glad that she updated you La Mere! Maybe they can find an alternative way to help her back. :hugs: Still keeping her in my thoughts!

La mere
I'm happy she's not in pain and u can breathe a little I hope they find an alternative :)

Going to the in laws no Internet will be back Monday ill be posting pics of the crib this week coming since they finally put it togeather this morning while dh let me sleep :) going to be buying some baby bottles and other stuff missing and getting McDonald's today I've been craving it just like my pistachio ice cream last night :)

La Mere - Glad it's not as bad & hoping they work something out so surgery isn't needed.

Kaiecee - Pistachio icecream = yuck yuck yuck! Each to their own though, glad you enjoyed it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs.K2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->