January Jellybeans 2013!...

We're going to MIL's, but will be taking all DS's present the day before & staying overnight so we'll wake up there & spend the whole day there. Only problem is both DH & I are allergic to dust & the house is full of junk & never gets thoroughly cleaned. She always moves things out of the way to make room for guests at christmas, thus sending it all into the air. We'll be leaving wheezing!

We had the whole family at our house last year & I cooked. I don't do it every year & don't fancy it this year.

Could you take a few presents for DS to open Melly?

I know it's a while away, but I've been thinking about Christmas dinner! As my due date is only a week after, I don't think I'm going to bother cooking a proper Christmas dinner. I thought about going out but I don't want to drag ds away from his presents or if I go into labour early, we will loose all the money. Can't decide what to do! The in-laws have also said we can go there but 1) I'm allergic to their cats, 2) it's still dragging ds away from his presents and 3) they don't put salt in their cooking and it tastes really bland, hope that doesn't sound ungrateful!

Is everyone else still cooking or have you made any plans?

I'm probably around the same time or a weeks and a bit after u since ill be induced but I'm thinking of making dinner at my place for my boys and my in laws but maybe a smaller one plus if u have any extras u can freeze it and it can make a meal for when ur home with baby

We are planning to either go out or go to my mums, she would love to have us there. DH would cook but I prefer to do it, we shall see how I feel at the time.

It's my birthday on Tuesday and my mum and I are going to a health spa, I'm booked for a mother to be massage and pedicure! Heaven! The massage includes massage of your bump but I'm going to ask them to do neck, shoulders, back and legs inc hips, ESP hips!

I was so sick last night and heartburn almost killed me at least nothing today

Normally for Xmas we take turn about going to each others parents. As both our family's live at least 2 hours away we have decided this year we are just going to stay at home. It will be the first time it has ever just been the two of us and I am really looking forward to it. DH is a great cook so while I would normally want to do the cooking, I think I will leave DH to it this year.

Sonia - pregnancy massages are soooooooooooooo nice. I had one a couple of weeks ago. They didn't touch my stomach, but concentrated on my neck, back, hips and legs which was great. She said my back and hips were in really good condition for a pregnant women which was good to hear. I am def going to book another one maybe for November when I will be even more uncomfortable. Enjoy!!!

We're going to MIL's, but will be taking all DS's present the day before & staying overnight so we'll wake up there & spend the whole day there. Only problem is both DH & I are allergic to dust & the house is full of junk & never gets thoroughly cleaned. She always moves things out of the way to make room for guests at christmas, thus sending it all into the air. We'll be leaving wheezing!

We had the whole family at our house last year & I cooked. I don't do it every year & don't fancy it this year.

Well I suppose I could, but don't really want to go if I'm honest. I think I just feel a bit off with them at the minute. Every year we have to go round boxing day, it's such a pain as we also have to go to dh's aunts in the afternoon, so spend all day running round trying to please everyone! And then they cone round today and say if you want you can come for xmas dinner but we are going to my friends on boxing day! Maybe I'm just being petty and hormonal but feel like why have we bothered all these years? It's obviously not important to them!

I just got a call that my nursery furniture has arrived!!! EEEE!!!!

Getting the hardwood refinished next week then probably having the furniture delivered on Friday!!!

Well I suppose I could, but don't really want to go if I'm honest. I think I just feel a bit off with them at the minute. Every year we have to go round boxing day, it's such a pain as we also have to go to dh's aunts in the afternoon, so spend all day running round trying to please everyone! And then they cone round today and say if you want you can come for xmas dinner but we are going to my friends on boxing day! Maybe I'm just being petty and hormonal but feel like why have we bothered all these years? It's obviously not important to them!

I think you've got a point. Sounds like you'll be happiest at home. You could get some nice pre-prepared veg etc. from M&S that just needs fired in the oven? Then you're only worrying about the Turkey. I'm sure DH could manage that?

Honestly I'm not at all concerned about what's for Christmas dinner. If I'm able to make it to the dr's original induction day it's Dec 26th. So right now we are unsure who will be here for delivery if my mom or mil make it to town either they can cook or we will probably order Chinese and have it delivered. :haha: I'm more concerned about making christmas special dd as it will be her last by herself (considering I make it til after) and being on bed rest it will be harder to shop for her gifts. :thumbup:

We normally do Christmas with the In-laws on Christmas Eve and Christmas day we spend at home and my mom and brother come up. Since it is just the two of them for my family (that can visit) we let them spend the day with us. We use to have to go visit DH's family on Christmas and it was a pain because he has a HUGE family and they all wanted us to bounce from one house to another. Last year I put a stop to it. I said that we would be at one house on Christmas Eve to do our Christmas with them and everyone could meet at the same house. I said that since DD was getting old enough to really do the whole Santa thing, we didn't want to have to miss out on that ... she totally doesn't buy into santa. She knows we get the presents for her but it is fun to do anyway. hahaha! She is too smart for her own good. I never understood how parents get away with Santa for so long as the kids see the toys in the store ... DD just figured it out. :haha::haha::haha: We still talk about Santa but it is in that fun way like after you find out.

However this year with it being SO close to my due date, I may arrange for whoever in DH's family wants to come up the weekend before Christmas can and do our Christmas then because I do NOT want to travel when I'm at the end like that.

We are staying home, don't wanna risk a 4 hour drive and have baby in the middle of no where. Haven't thought about food, but I'm sure we will make something of it, even if it's pre cooked. Haha. We plan from now on staying at home for holidays and make it just our little family thing, that way our children get use to it too. Dunno, just something we always wanted to do with hubby.

We are going for the whole 5 days to spend thanksgiving with inlaws this year, though... since no Christmas.

Ya my friend had her first kid and got his name on her wrist first on one and middle on the other and I'm like what about the next kid?? She plans on more but I don't think dh should have done it there knowing she is having more someday. That's not fair to the others.

What about your other foot? :shrug:

I made this error lol, I have Caitlyn on one wrist and Lucas on the other, not sure where this one will go, possibly on my ankle?

So Ive had lots of rest the last few days but today Im shattered, feeling sicky and a little crampy but it could be braxton hicks? Ive not had them in either of my other pregnancies so who knows.

Monday is the point that my waters broke with dd so next week Ill be on edge, it doesnt help that I seem to leak a little pee everytime I move lol.

Well we think we know what we are doing now! As me and ds don't really like Sunday dinners, we are going to go to our favourite Italian and get take away a few weeks before and freeze it, and have that! If the pizza place was open we would just get a take away lol.

Hang in there Ginger! Think happy thoughts. I know it must be worrisome when you've been through it before but I think you'll be just fine. :hugs:

Cute picture Lauren!

DH, DD and I are all laying in the living room watching the original Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. I love this movie! :happydance:

Girls, I just found out that my mom is having to have surgery this afternoon because of a bulged disc that is pressing on her spinal cord. If I could ask you all to please say a few prayers for her. Her name is Anna. She's really scared and so am I. Thank you in advance, girls. <3

If I can travel, we'll be spending Thanksgiving with my parents; They live about 3hrs away. If not, we'll go to in-laws who are about 45min away.

We always spend Christmas Eve by ourselves and go to the in-laws on Christmas Day for presents and dinner. We'll more than likely do that again this year unless I just don't feel up to it. Christmas is 3 weeks before my due date.

What do you ladies in the UK usually have for Christmas dinner?

We generally one or two meats including turkey/ham/lamb/beef with some sort of potatoes and vegetables. Don't forget rolls and appetizers. Of course, lots of desserts. My mom makes a killer apple pie that slays me warmed with vanilla bean ice cream.

Both our families are in the same area all within 10 minutes of each other...every holiday we go to my mom and step side for x mas eve dinner then open some gifts there... Then his parents for more food lol and funny gifts....then x mas day we go to my gram on my dads side, stop at my moms to open gifts then head to his family for dinner and sit there for the rest of the nightlol.. Holdays are exhausting around here..hope i feel up for it this year!

Girls, I just found out that my mom is having to have surgery this afternoon because of a bulged disc that is pressing on her spinal cord. If I could ask you all to please say a few prayers for her. Her name is Anna. She's really scared and so am I. Thank you in advance, girls. <3

Ill be praying and thinking about u and ur mom please let us know how it goes and I know it must be hard just know where here for u for support :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs.K2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->