January Jellybeans 2013!...

I did something really stupid. When I'm playing around with DH i'll pretend I want a hug but then jump and wrap my legs around his waist and cling for dear life until he supports me. I knew my belly wouldn't get in the way but didn't consider my pelvis and back into this activity. So needless to say I really damaged my pelvis and back, I've been in pain for 2 days now and it's only slowly improving

Oh no - ouchie!!

Christmas here in so-cal is not warm, but its usually in the forties Fahrenheit. Back home, around 20 degrees and snowy. I miss that a lot. I'm so glad I'm moving back before the holidays. Although, after spending so much time here, my husband and I might have trouble adjusting to the cold.

Its hit or miss in pennsylvania... Snow sometimes, but dont bet on it....we get it when uts not wanted, like last year on halloween we had a huge sniw storm and everything was closed lol

I can't remember if it was last year or the year before but it actually snowed on Christmas day and it was awesome! We usually don't get snow but it is cold but having that white Christmas was just beautiful.

Ladies i know im being absolutely crazy but feeling those cramps in my back yesterday and in my lower stomach i think they felt like a slight contraction( but ive never had a baby before so im not even sure if thats what im feeling) but the heating pad helped a bit, and babies been moving like crazy all night and today...i have nodischarge or blood...i dont kno why i swear im thinking im going into preterm labor! I really need to calm down! Lol let me know its normal and just some growing pains!!

I would def call your dr, your not crazy for being concerned. Some symptoms are similar to preterm labor and it's better to be safe then sorry. In the meantime try to stay off your feet and rest. Let us know! :thumbup:

Welcome,.hunnibunni! Congrats on your lil man!

Sonia- hope you have a great birthday and have fun at the spa!

Betheney- I don't think you crossed a line at all. I would have done the same thing. I don't always control Rayven the best ay home, but when she starts doing something at someone's house even if they say she is fine, not to worry.. I still get embarrassed.

Re headtburn: its been horrible! Seems like its constantly churning! I used papaya tablets with Rayven and they worked.wonders! I'm gonna.try pineapple and see if that helps at all since i'm out of my papaya tabs.

I do feel unattractive somedays, buy my Dh is a wonderful help. He always makes me feel beautiful and is always trying to get some :haha: so its a big booster.

I have a couple of bump pics I will post later if I have a chance. And a quick update on my mom: she had another MRI and they told her that there wasn't anything pressing on her spinal cord, she has a tiny bit of movement in her hips but she still can't move her legs. They are starting her on physical therapy and steroids. Thank you all so much again for your prayers, thoughts and best wishes. I love you girls!

I had another friend tell me to use papaya tablets for heartburn but when I was reading about them it said they can cause contractions? Did your dr say they were ok to use? :shrug: I had planned on asking at my OB appt Friday because my heartburn is in full swing.

https://i1072.photobucket.com/albums/w367/nikkilewis14/nursery2.jpg

Very cute!

I used them my last pregnancy with no problems. My midwife said they were safe. Green/unripe papaya can cause contractions though.

Happy Birthday Sonia!! So glad you had a lovely day :flower:

Nikki, looking lovely as always, bump is coming along nicely :)

La Mere, sending more thoughts your mums way for a nice speedy recovery :hugs::hugs:

Beautiful nurseries ladies, very jealous here too as we're currently renting while looking for the right place!

Ditty, thank you for the tips for stretching out the lower back, mine has been killing me this past week - oddly just on the lower left hand side.

Hope everyone is doing well xxx

Thank you, Lillian!! :hugs: I got another update this morning, the doctor finally gave her a diagnosis.. she has a spinal cord infarction, which is apparently a pretty rare thing as the doctor who has been seeing her has only been on 2 cases and my mom is one of them.

Here's a couple bump pics and a couple pics of my adorable Rayven.

https://i1141.photobucket.com/albums/n588/Rayvens_Mama/2012-10-01173643_zpsd3007cd2.jpg

https://i1141.photobucket.com/albums/n588/Rayvens_Mama/2012-09-30111227_zpsd22472af.jpg

https://i1141.photobucket.com/albums/n588/Rayvens_Mama/2012-09-30111147_zpsf3e148b0.jpg

https://i1141.photobucket.com/albums/n588/Rayvens_Mama/2012-10-01173632_zpsf9b5dde8.jpg

Gorgeous LaMere - your bump and your little cutie-pie too!

Well I'm pleased at least your mum finally has a diagnosis, now they can focus on treating her right, sending big :hugs: both your ways xx

:hugs: Thank you, Lillian!

La Mere - you look gorgeous!!!! great pics and your little one is such a cutie!!!!

:hug: Thank you, Betheney!

Beautiful pics La Mere!

I'm currently lying in bed, it's 7.20 & I'm trying to wake up fully. Need to get up & clean a little for a playdate we have after my 9am midwife appointment & swim class for DS. I can hear him in his room blowing raspberries then laughing at himself! :)

Soooo don't want to get up, it's freeezing!

Thanks, Blossom!

La mere - glad they have finally diagnosed her, have they said how they can treat it? X

Physical therapy and occupational therapy are what they are doing for her now. She had her first physical therapy session this morning and she did really well. They told her they were impressed with what/how well she is doing already. She still isn't mobile, but wouldn't be surprised if she is again really soon. Thanks so much asking after her! :hugs:

Just one more week for 3rd tri, can't wait!!!

And I'm just a couple days behind you, DeeDee!

I want hot cinnamon and sugar apples with vanilla ice cream on top!!!

I think I just want it to be Christmas hahahaha.

Omg! That sounds fantastic!

I did something really stupid. When I'm playing around with DH i'll pretend I want a hug but then jump and wrap my legs around his waist and cling for dear life until he supports me. I knew my belly wouldn't get in the way but didn't consider my pelvis and back into this activity. So needless to say I really damaged my pelvis and back, I've been in pain for 2 days now and it's only slowly improving

:hugs: oh thats terrible, hun! I hope you feel better soon! :hugs:

I'm in Australia so our Christmas day can vary but it's not unusual to have a 40 degree Christmas (104 Fahrenheit), but the mid 20's is probably more likely which google is telling me is 77 Fahrenheit.

I don't know about food, it's hard in our family. All my family live interstate so Christmas together is a little hard to do. So it will just be me, DH and Eva. But i'm vegetarian and DH is not, so it's hard to do roasts and big meals when he's virtually the only one who will eat it and most of the meat goes to waste. Maybe we'll find a small ham thingy on the bone (i don't know what it's called because i don't eat it).

Last year i was vegan so i had my own feast and hubby had his own feast. I splurged and bought all vegan friendly mock stuff which i don't usually eat and just ate it with some roast vegies and things like that.

I really have no idea about this year. I miss my grandmothers trifles. I suppose we could still get a big ham because my mum is coming to visit straight after christmas to wait with us for when the baby is born so she can look after Eva.

That Halloween snow storm was crazy!! I hope we have a white Christmas this year...I feel like it's been ages. Although we had that big blizzard a few years ago the day after Christmas which was just an excuse to skip work, snuggle inside all day, and play with all our new Christmas toys!

Anyone planning on decorating less for Christmas this year? I usually do the bulk of decorating but also the cleanup. And I hate taking the tree down early, it's usually up until the end of January! I think we're putting up the tree but not do all the extra trim and ornaments that I would be putting away. And nothing too high for me to have to climb to get to. We'll still have it Christmas-y just a little scaled down from normal.

This is random but I don't know if anyone has seen this site... My mom found it because I was talking about Petunia Pickle Bottom. She bought me one that is normally $175 and got it for $116. They clearance out certain patterns, etc. and even though it seems extravagant I can't help but drool over these everytime I'm in the store. If anyone else has been eyeing them, it's a good chance to get one for less!
https://www.laylagrayce.com/Departments/Sale/Petunia-Pickle-Bottom.aspx?sortorder=2&page=all

My Christmas is full of snow and around -20 to -30 degrees celcius

This sounds similar to my weather before we moved. We use to live in Maine. :thumbup:

How many packs of nb diapers are u girls gonna buy I bought 2 but was wondering if its enough

Honestly I wouldnt buy any more because depending on what size the baby is when born you may not need them for long. DD was 8lbs 1oz and she wasn't in them long but I can't remember exactly how long. If u want to buy ahead of time I'd buy 1's and 2's. Tape your receipt to the box so if u end up not needing that Many of one size or if baby doesn't do well in the brand you can return them. :hugs:

That Halloween snow storm was crazy!! I hope we have a white Christmas this year...I feel like it's been ages. Although we had that big blizzard a few years ago the day after Christmas which was just an excuse to skip work, snuggle inside all day, and play with all our new Christmas toys!

Anyone planning on decorating less for Christmas this year? I usually do the bulk of decorating but also the cleanup. And I hate taking the tree down early, it's usually up until the end of January! I think we're putting up the tree but not do all the extra trim and ornaments that I would be putting away. And nothing too high for me to have to climb to get to. We'll still have it Christmas-y just a little scaled down from normal.

This is random but I don't know if anyone has seen this site... My mom found it because I was talking about Petunia Pickle Bottom. She bought me one that is normally $175 and got it for $116. They clearance out certain patterns, etc. and even though it seems extravagant I can't help but drool over these everytime I'm in the store. If anyone else has been eyeing them, it's a good chance to get one for less!
https://www.laylagrayce.com/Departments/Sale/Petunia-Pickle-Bottom.aspx?sortorder=2&page=all

Honestly I wouldn't decorate or celebrate Christmas at all if I didn't have dd, but since I feel like it'd be cruel to skip Christmas. :haha: we will do a tree that's about it. I think my inlaws have decided they're coming so my mil may cook but if not we will do Chinese food. :thumbup:

It ended up being more childish than I thought it would be! I wish they wouldn't keep steamrolling the moderator!!

Lol I agree with you, Nikki. That's why I'm not even bothering to watch....

It just helps with my whole context of USA and the fact that I am now living here. I watched without being able to vote this time around, since I am still just a resident and not yet a citizen. I think redundant or innovating information will give me a better idea of what I'm talking about when applying my own opinion in a conversation or just making my own mind about things.

It was surprising, though. Somebody had better connection of words and ideas IMO.

Yea... I just i dunno the whole health care thingy gets me... We pay thru dh job and we have great healthcare..i just feel like were screwed either way....

I don't usually get political because it can be a heated topic, and although there is no quick fix. I will say I'd much rather have Romney in then Obama. Obama is a terrorist and I'm seriously considering moving out of the US if he's re-elected.

Don't have much to say but I am keeping up with u ladies, sadly by the time I start typing I don't remember anything I was planning to say :dohh: can't believe in 12 weeks my pumpkin should be here!

This pregnancy has made me feel more stupid than my others my memory is so bad

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs.K2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"