January Jellybeans 2013!...

Waiting for my blood draw and just got a flu shot. I have been worried because baby has been really quiet. I feel an occasional flutter but nothing like the belly rocking kicks ive had for weeks. I mentioned it and they are having me come back a little later for an ultrasound just to check that everything is ok. I hope all goes well... His reduced movement strength has made me nervous.

Morning everyone! I hope everyone had a nice weekend. I had my cousin's wedding on Saturday and it was really nice, but I really missed my sister. Got a busy week coming up - 4 doctors appointments (one for me (GTT) and three for the boys - eek!) Then we have a birthday party on Saturday and my parents' 40th anniversary on Sunday!

Aruppe
Hope everything goes wells ill be thinking about u today keep me updated :)

Dh is on my last nerve I don't feel good but he seems to b doing everything in his power to start a fight with me !

Okay, girls. This is the reply I got from the admin about our secret santa.

"I am going to discuss this with the others.

I think there needs to be requirements and rules if I permitted it but at the end of the day we take no responsibility and will not get involved if things go wrong.

I would request if I agree that you have a required min membership and post count. The post count must be those posted prior to the date the thread started (it's easy to go and post 100 times and then join in)"

Sonia, if you could when you have time help me find out when everyone joined and how many posts they had prior to posting in our thread. I am going to start, I just hope we have enough members who we can get to participate. If you have any ideas for the requirements please let me know either here or through a PM.

Thank you Kaiecee!

Also, apparently my fundal height is measuring big. Not enough to be concerned but they're going to keep an eye on his size... Apparently I'm cooking a big boy in there!

Hey girls. I hadn't been on BnB since Saturday - we talk a lot!!! :)

Welcome to the newbies!

This week I have my GTT (on Wednesday). Kind of dreading it because I cant stand orange flavored anything except actual oranges! Hope they have another flavor. After my appointment on Wednesday, I am heading to my parents' house for the rest of the week. My mom said she was going to spoil me and pamper me! Woohoo! She's the type of woman who's not happy unless you're eating, napping, or shopping!

I worked 12.5hrs yesterday. It was too much even though I occasionally got to sit down. My ankles were swollen last night for the first time. Sitting with them elevated today hoping the swelling goes down.

And La Mere - I saw a Bouvier des Flandres in an appointment yesterday named...La Mer!!! :)

Waiting for my blood draw and just got a flu shot. I have been worried because baby has been really quiet. I feel an occasional flutter but nothing like the belly rocking kicks ive had for weeks. I mentioned it and they are having me come back a little later for an ultrasound just to check that everything is ok. I hope all goes well... His reduced movement strength has made me nervous.

Let us know how your u/s goes I'll be thinking about you! <3

Ditty- they gave me the choice of orange or lemon. But I have heard of some getting fruit punch. :thumbup:

Maybe u can talk them into jellybeans. ;-)

Good luck with your GTT, Ditty. and I hope your swelling goes down!! Hope you have fun with your mom too, it's been a while since I've gotten the chance to be pampered!!! And that's neat! (i had to look up what kind of dog that was though :haha:) They're so cute!!!!

ARuppe- Thinking of you! Let us know how everything goes!!!

I missed the secret santa convo. ??? What's the idea??

Well, the initial idea is to do a secret santa card swap. But I was also thinking if some ladies wanted to do a little gift along with the card, they could. I am just waiting to hear back with the go ahead from all of the admins.

We're going to have to set up rules so things do get out of hand, not that I think they will as we all get along so well. But we do have to have min. membership and min. post requirements. (a certain number of posts prior to the start of this thread.) I've been looking at those of us who post regularly here to see when we joined, when this thread started and how many posts we all had before we started posting in this thread.

But, I just want to make sure that none of us get excluded.

Gtt test done, hopefully get my results tomorrow. Fasting really takes it out of you though im shattered lol

Did u do the one hour or three hour? It totally sucks when I did the three hour the other day. Not only had I fast and had that nasty drink I didn't get home til noon. So I was nauseous from fasting, the drink, weak and nauseous from them drawing my blood 4 times. I got home and ate too fast cause I was starving. Then felt even worse and like I was going to crash. :growlmad: I think next pregnancy I will just refuse the test!

Well, the initial idea is to do a secret santa card swap. But I was also thinking if some ladies wanted to do a little gift along with the card, they could. I am just waiting to hear back with the go ahead from all of the admins.

We're going to have to set up rules so things do get out of hand, not that I think they will as we all get along so well. But we do have to have min. membership and min. post requirements. (a certain number of posts prior to the start of this thread.) I've been looking at those of us who post regularly here to see when we joined, when this thread started and how many posts we all had before we started posting in this thread.

:cry: I barely have, if any, posts before this thread. :shrug:

Update on my doctors apptmnt!

Well... I gained.. dun dun dun 26 whopping pounds!! But my blood sugars have been perfect so he is not worried... Also... i had a little protein in my urine this morning but i did have a low blood sugar during the night which would cause it.. and my blood pressure was fine so he was not worried...

BUT NOW>.......

I will be getting weekly ultrasounds (to check fluid levels, babies size etc) EVERY WEEK! and Non-stress tests every week... Not only that but I have to get blood work and get the rhogam shot again when I go in, also need to do a kidney function test boooo....

Once i hit 32 weeks, i will be seen twice a week.. OY... The joys of being a type 1 diabetic :/ Thankfully I work from home and have the time to just go!

Good thing is they have the 4d there and she said she will get as many pictured as possible at every ultrasound now.. Today wasnt a good day because she faces my left hip and wont show her face loil.. but i did get to see her back..

Also.. she is in the 74th percentile! 1 lb 14 oz at 26 weeks.. Eeeek...

:cry: I barely have, if any, posts before this thread. :shrug:

:hugs: I will send you a card even if you don't meet the requirements. :hugs: I knew there would be some of us that would be cutting it close. I just want to try to make it as fair as possible.... If they even let us do it.

And its weird, I just found out that my bump buddy mommyb, posted in this thread before I did and she never got added to the list! She's due on the 24th with her 2nd boy. :shrug: just thought that was really weird....

Update on my doctors apptmnt!

Well... I gained.. dun dun dun 26 whopping pounds!! But my blood sugars have been perfect so he is not worried... Also... i had a little protein in my urine this morning but i did have a low blood sugar during the night which would cause it.. and my blood pressure was fine so he was not worried...

BUT NOW>.......

I will be getting weekly ultrasounds (to check fluid levels, babies size etc) EVERY WEEK! and Non-stress tests every week... Not only that but I have to get blood work and get the rhogam shot again when I go in, also need to do a kidney function test boooo....

Once i hit 32 weeks, i will be seen twice a week.. OY... The joys of being a type 1 diabetic :/ Thankfully I work from home and have the time to just go!

Good thing is they have the 4d there and she said she will get as many pictured as possible at every ultrasound now.. Today wasnt a good day because she faces my left hip and wont show her face loil.. but i did get to see her back..

Also.. she is in the 74th percentile! 1 lb 14 oz at 26 weeks.. Eeeek...

The good side to all the appointments is that you get to see the little lady more often :).

I have had an ultrasound at every appointment, and still have yet to get a good picture of her. Last time she was facing my back. They measured her at 2lbs, but I know their machines can be off. Just hope I don't have a 8lb baby :/

Since I am not creative in any way I thought I would ask you ladies :). I'm making a "new daddy kit/ gift basket" for my husband to give to him at the baby shower. I want to include some funny and some serious items. So far I have a coffee maker, energy drink, mask/gas mask, and ear plugs.

Any other suggestions? I want to add a good daddy to be book, preferably geared toward the Christian father. Any suggestions for a book will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abourne499
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->