January Jellybeans 2013!...

Since I am not creative in any way I thought I would ask you ladies :). I'm making a "new daddy kit/ gift basket" for my husband to give to him at the baby shower. I want to include some funny and some serious items. So far I have a coffee maker, energy drink, mask/gas mask, and ear plugs.

Any other suggestions? I want to add a good daddy to be book, preferably geared toward the Christian father. Any suggestions for a book will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

I just took a class by Dr Kevin Leman he has written many books, tho I haven't read any yet I enjoyed the class. It was "New kid by Friday" I thought it was very helpful. :thumbup:

They have these cute onesies I've seen that have directions on them like head goes here, arms here etc directions for daddy. I saw them recently at Buy Buy Baby. :flower:

I can't remember if I'd mentioned this before or not, but thought I would just incase I hadn't. If you still haven't bought your crib bedding, I recommend checking eBay, they have really nice sets for super cheap. I bought dd's there it was a set that was in stores was $189 and I bought new for $79. :thumbup:

If that's how you want to do it, but the one I missed last year,they have ladies in the UK sending cards to ladies in the US etc.

If that's how you want to do it, but the one I missed last year,they have ladies in the UK sending cards to ladies in the US etc.

Ya but I'm the only one from Canada? Or is there more?

I don't know much about the secret santa thing and I barely posted anything before here but why are there rules? Especially if we are just sending cards?

Ya but I'm the only one from Canada? Or is there more?

I'm not sure, Kaiecee. As far I as I know you are the only one who posts regularly that lives in Canada.

I don't know much about the secret santa thing and I barely posted anything before here but why are there rules? Especially if we are just sending cards?

Because that's what I was told by the admin when I asked for permission to set this up. It's just things like have to a member for x amount of time, have x amount of posts, how things should be sent and when they should be sent out by. I wasn't going to have any rules, because we all get along well enough but was told I had to have them. I was going to tweek them so everyone could participate. Like the posts, would just be how many you have, not how many you had before posting in this thread. I even cut the membership down to half of what the other card swaps require. And I did this because a lot of you girls haven't been members too terribly long and you have well over what most of the others require for posts.

If this is going to be too much trouble, then I can just msg the admin again and tell her never mind... :shrug: I just wanted to try to do something nice and fun for all of us who post regularly for the holidays.

Hubby and I have been married 1 year today!!! Such sweet memories of what was happening a year ago! :)

My breasts started leaking saturday night, hahaha. You should of seen me, you would of laughed at me, I did freak out a little bit since I've never ever seen my breasts do that, I'd never seen anything come out of ma boobies! I even rushed hubby out of the bathroom, knocking 'til he came out hahaha. He was extremely cavalier and just laughed at my silliness and kept saying it was all part of the process, he said he couldn't wait to see how i'd freak out when it was actually milk coming out of them hahaha

Happy anniversary, DeeDee! :hugs:

Oh, and I edited my previous post. to add a little more info.

If people want to just send cards the easiest way is for everyone that wants to send/receive to email their address and username to one person, that person adds all the names and addresses onto one document which is then emailed to all the people on it on a certain date (1st or 30th Nov) and people can send the cards as they wish :)

If people want to just send cards the easiest way is for everyone that wants to send/receive to email their address and username to one person, that person adds all the names and addresses onto one document which is then emailed to all the people on it on a certain date (1st or 30th Nov) and people can send the cards as they wish :)

Yeah, i was just thinking this. If you girls want I can receive the addresses, since my email is already out there for the public knowledge of the masses xD

Happy anniversary deedee hope u have a great night with hubby :)

Ginger and DeeDee-

That is part of what I was trying to do. I was just trying to do it so the admins wouldn't get mad. :shrug: guess maybe I should just bow out....

Ginger and DeeDee-

That is part of what I was trying to do. I was just trying to do it so the admins wouldn't get mad. :shrug: guess maybe I should just bow out....

Im not sure if they could get mad about it as we're not posting our personal details on the forum? but I honestly dont know? At the end of the day I think we are all adults and if we wish to exchange addresses to keep in touch that shouldnt be a problem? Its not on other forums Im on but again each forum is different.

I dont think you shoud bow out hun, if its your idea then you should and will get full credit for it, I only read the last page lol cos Im having a lazy day :blush:

Ginger and DeeDee-

No sweetie, you don't need to bow out! It's gonna be fine! We are all just giving in ideas. :hugs:

How about one person, instead of sending all the addresses to everyone, just decides who is going to be the santa of the other person and just sends them that one address???? :flower: (All of this between just the ladies that want to play and actually send addresses)

Also are we thinking shop bought cards or hand made ones? I like handmade ones but then that will be hard if there is say 30 of us??

Hubby and I have been married 1 year today!!! Such sweet memories of what was happening a year ago! :)

My breasts started leaking saturday night, hahaha. You should of seen me, you would of laughed at me, I did freak out a little bit since I've never ever seen my breasts do that, I'd never seen anything come out of ma boobies! I even rushed hubby out of the bathroom, knocking 'til he came out hahaha. He was extremely cavalier and just laughed at my silliness and kept saying it was all part of the process, he said he couldn't wait to see how i'd freak out when it was actually milk coming out of them hahaha

Oh thats right happy anniversary hunnie! Its ours today too! :) we celebrated on friday but maybe well go to dinner and a movie tonight just because!

I'm so excited!!!!!! I just noticed that I've suddenly developed the line!!!!! I didn't get one with ds, and can't believe how excited I am lol.

Back to the secret Santa thing, I think I've got he wrong idea? I though we would just be allocated one person to send to, but would we send to everyone on the list?

Sorry I may have caused the confusion by not reading all the posts that had already been written lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abourne499
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->