January Jellybeans 2013!...

I'm so excited!!!!!! I just noticed that I've suddenly developed the line!!!!! I didn't get one with ds, and can't believe how excited I am lol.

Back to the secret Santa thing, I think I've got he wrong idea? I though we would just be allocated one person to send to, but would we send to everyone on the list?

I would think just one. :shrug: but for everybody to receive one and nobody to be let out have somebody tell you who, selected randomly? Whatcha ladies think?

Don't bow out! I have no idea how this thing works at all. :haha: DH and I do Christmas cards every year to all our family and friends with a picture of us in front of the tree. So it would be fun to add another person to the list ... or even people! lol! I think I might have a hard time just picking one of you ladies. I would need to know if there were special rules for mailing something out of the country? How many more stamps would we need to stick on there?:haha:

Happy Anniversary to Deedee and Nikki and LittleJ (I believe hers is today too)

I hope all of you ladies have a wonderful anniversary and I wish you and your DH's many, many years of happiness!!! :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Hubby and I have been married 1 year today!!! Such sweet memories of what was happening a year ago! :)

My breasts started leaking saturday night, hahaha. You should of seen me, you would of laughed at me, I did freak out a little bit since I've never ever seen my breasts do that, I'd never seen anything come out of ma boobies! I even rushed hubby out of the bathroom, knocking 'til he came out hahaha. He was extremely cavalier and just laughed at my silliness and kept saying it was all part of the process, he said he couldn't wait to see how i'd freak out when it was actually milk coming out of them hahaha

Oh thats right happy anniversary hunnie! Its ours today too! :) we celebrated on friday but maybe well go to dinner and a movie tonight just because!

Happy Anniversary to you too!!!!! :D
We have been doing little things through out the weekend. Nothing really over the top since we are saving haha.

I'm down for secret santa. I like the idea of giving our address to one person and the can tell us who we have. I think store bought or hand made cards can just be up to the person and whatever they wanna send : )

Ginger and DeeDee-

That is part of what I was trying to do. I was just trying to do it so the admins wouldn't get mad. :shrug: guess maybe I should just bow out....

Im not sure if they could get mad about it as we're not posting our personal details on the forum? but I honestly dont know? At the end of the day I think we are all adults and if we wish to exchange addresses to keep in touch that shouldnt be a problem? Its not on other forums Im on but again each forum is different.

I dont think you shoud bow out hun, if its your idea then you should and will get full credit for it, I only read the last page lol cos Im having a lazy day :blush:

Lol, I was originally the one who brought up the idea :blush: I just went and asked the person I knew had done this type of thing before and she told me I had to ask permission from the admins before I started doing anything.

I would love to just be able to do it ourselves, its just since I was told I needed permission, I didn't want to get in trouble and just go on ahead with it.

I do really appreciate any ideas you or any one of the other girls has.

Ginger and DeeDee-

That is part of what I was trying to do. I was just trying to do it so the admins wouldn't get mad. :shrug: guess maybe I should just bow out....

No sweetie, you don't need to bow out! It's gonna be fine! We are all just giving in ideas. :hugs:

How about one person, instead of sending all the addresses to everyone, just decides who is going to be the santa of the other person and just sends them that one address???? :flower: (All of this between just the ladies that want to play and actually send addresses)

That's a great idea and kind of how I had originally planned to do it before I had to get in touch with Wobbles.

Also are we thinking shop bought cards or hand made ones? I like handmade ones but then that will be hard if there is say 30 of us??

I say it's up to whoever wants to play. If we do it just like one person getting one address.. I think we could do hand made, but some might find it easier to buy one. :shrugs:

I'm so excited!!!!!! I just noticed that I've suddenly developed the line!!!!! I didn't get one with ds, and can't believe how excited I am lol.

Back to the secret Santa thing, I think I've got he wrong idea? I though we would just be allocated one person to send to, but would we send to everyone on the list?

I think it would be easier if one person picked a single person for everyone, seems more doable that way... but it's kind of a however we all feel comfortable doing it type thing.

Do you think that when we send the address, we say if we mind sending abroad or not? I wouldn't mind sending abroad since I have a post office less than a block away. :)

I would think just one. :shrug: but for everybody to receive one and nobody to be let out have somebody tell you who, selected randomly? Whatcha ladies think?

I think that is a really good idea, DeeDee. I think it would be fun to be picked at random :haha: there's this site we could use, like give each lady a number and put it in the generator thing and whoever's number comes up we can pair them together! If that made sense....

Don't bow out! I have no idea how this thing works at all. :haha: DH and I do Christmas cards every year to all our family and friends with a picture of us in front of the tree. So it would be fun to add another person to the list ... or even people! lol! I think I might have a hard time just picking one of you ladies. I would need to know if there were special rules for mailing something out of the country? How many more stamps would we need to stick on there?:haha:

As for special rules for mail of of country, I would just say maybe send air mail to get it there quicker. :shrugs: as for postage I think someone at the post office should be able to tell you that.

I hope all of you ladies have a wonderful anniversary and I wish you and your DH's many, many years of happiness!!! :hugs::hugs::hugs:

I'm down for secret santa. I like the idea of giving our address to one person and the can tell us who we have. I think store bought or hand made cards can just be up to the person and whatever they wanna send : )

I agree. One thing I was going to add to the "rules" :haha: was an optional only if you wanted to was enclose a small gift that would fit in the envelope. It's totally optional as I know not everyone will be able to do that, I just thought that would be kind of neat too.

I think that's a good idea too, because there might be some ladies who aren't comfortable sending mail abroad or just don't have the money to do so. It's totally up to everyone what they want to do. I'm getting excited again, DeeDee... :haha:

Thank you Sassy!!!

I think that's a good idea too, because there might be some ladies who aren't comfortable sending mail abroad or just don't have the money to do so. It's totally up to everyone what they want to do. I'm getting excited again, DeeDee... :haha:

That's good sweetie, there was no reason to get unexcited! :flower: :hugs: :thumbup: hehe

Thank you Sassy!!!

That's good sweetie, there was no reason to get unexcited! :flower: :hugs: :thumbup: hehe

:haha: Talk about hormonal mood swings!! :haha: Thank you! :flower:

Hey ladies just a quick question. I never did this after having dd, but had seen it mentioned somewhere and wanted to know if any of y'all have thought about or planne on doing it. Sending Thank You notes and/or treats to Labor and Delivery after giving birth? :shrug:

Lol, well, I guess I could send hubby a thank you note :haha: but with homebirth I don't have a lot of people to thank :haha:

Hey ladies just a quick question. I never did this after having dd, but had seen it mentioned somewhere and wanted to know if any of y'all have thought about or planne on doing it. Sending Thank You notes and/or treats to Labor and Delivery after giving birth? :shrug:

That's a very good and thoughtful idea. I'd do it depending on how they treat us hahaha.

Since I am not creative in any way I thought I would ask you ladies :). I'm making a "new daddy kit/ gift basket" for my husband to give to him at the baby shower. I want to include some funny and some serious items. So far I have a coffee maker, energy drink, mask/gas mask, and ear plugs.

Any other suggestions? I want to add a good daddy to be book, preferably geared toward the Christian father. Any suggestions for a book will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

I think a book with short devotions for the time-crunched parent would be nice. There is one called 15 minutes with God or something like that.

Just found a site called secretsantaelf.co.uk, you add the name and email of participants and then it randomly pairs people up and emails them who they have to buy for. Not sure if it helps la mere?

Since I am not creative in any way I thought I would ask you ladies :). I'm making a "new daddy kit/ gift basket" for my husband to give to him at the baby shower. I want to include some funny and some serious items. So far I have a coffee maker, energy drink, mask/gas mask, and ear plugs.

Any other suggestions? I want to add a good daddy to be book, preferably geared toward the Christian father. Any suggestions for a book will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

I think a book with short devotions for the time-crunched parent would be nice. There is one called 15 minutes with God or something like that.

Some big arm length rubber gloves? And lots more ear plugs! Maybe a printed voucher for something like an afternoon nap, or a full nights sleep?

Love all the Secret Santa suggestions...

Happy Anniversary to all the ladies celebrating today!!

Had our ultrasound and everything looked good. He is head up so that probably accounts for the change in movement I've felt. It's amazing how much bigger he looked from the last time we saw him. And even better I now have some peace of mind. I was getting really worried, so I'm glad they checked and all seems to be well. I should hear from all my blood testing by the end of the week so fingers crossed that all comes back good, as well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abourne499
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->