*** January Jellybeans 2015 *** - join & chat here :) 132 so far!

Evening ladies =]

Progesterone... I'm not taking it or been advised to what is it?? I'm taking folic acid once a day ( when my phone reminds me because I never remember otherwise)

I've only seen my midwife once for a booking in appointment, I'm not seeing her again for another two weeks and it's 3 weeks till my scan... Counting down worse then counting for Christmas.

I really want a Doppler but my boyfriend and mum have said no because I suffer anxiety and they think it will only make me worse =[ I really want one though. Lol

My boobs are huge and so painful, I can't run or jog anywhere and trying to lie cuddling my boyfriend last night my boobs were so painful.
My bras are now really abit too small but I'm reluctant to buy a new one and then a new one again in a few weeks. Anyone any ideas on what I should do please??

Feeling very lonely already as my boyfriend has gone away for a week and I'm in the house alone, I'm trying to be productive when I get home from work but all I really want to do is go to bed....

Hope everyone is all okiee

Xxxxxxx

Progesterone is a hormone produced by your body (actually the corpus luteum) after ovulation, and as long as it's producing it AF stays away. it's necessary for fetal development as far as i know, and contributes to a lot of PMS symptoms. Some women have a luteal phase defect where they have a short luteal phase where the egg can't implant before af starts, or the corpus luteum doesn't produce enough progesterone to sustain the pregnancy... usually doctors want to see a level of at least 10-15. My 2nd chemical i had 11. I was prescribed a progesterone suppl. This time it was in the 70's at the same point in the cycle, thanks to supplements. (This is just a summary of what i've been told and have read- so don't look at it as medical advice! haha)

I have horrible anxiety too as far as pregnancy goes. It's driving dh mad- but the nurse educator at my ob's office said she wouldn't discourage me from getting a doppler since i constantly worry if the baby is still alive.

My next scan (12+5) isn't until July 7- seems like forever away! It's been 5 days since my last, and I'm already scared of a MMC!

Dawnyybus, I'll be taking progestrone shots to help keep baby in longer. I had a preterm with my first and they're trying to avoid another :) You don't need to worry!

Baby is measuring 7 weeks. I'm due the 25th of Jan! Heartbeat was 134.

Attachments

• drtfghjk.jpg
    drtfghjk.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 4
Well I don't know about anyone else but here in the US if you have had a loss they give more internal scans...Especially if we request them for reassurance.

Yesterday they didn't do a internal scan, only used a doppler.

I meant internal examinations, not scans. I get they do internal scans early on as they are more accurate, but why do doctors do lots of internal examinations 'up there' throughout pregnancy!?

I'm not sure why she did an internal exam I was thinking it was because I also had my annual Pap smear as well? But all she said when she was up there was "we'll you definitely feel pregnant" lol and then wanted a dating ultrasound so I don't know if it was a good thing or bad thing? Can they tell how far along you are by just feeling? Because the nurse I had to book the ultrasound with asked me if she felt I was the 8 weeks and I said she didn't say

Hi ladies! I know I'm a little bit late to this party, but I'd love to join in :flower: I'm around about 7+2, due around the 27th (I think...I'm not sure as I feel pregnant right off the back of a super early mc, so no clue when I ovulated or anything!), and am going for a reassurance scan tomorrow to make sure everything is ok. Wish me luck please jellybeans!

I have an amazing 3 year old, and have been with my DH for 11 years - married for 4 (yeah, got married with a 5 month bump...classy!)

I've been trying to catch up on this thread...only up to p.164 so far!

Welcome to the Jellybeans! Can't wait to see scan pics!

Hi im new too. Im 10 weeks today. Due 6th Jan unless 12 week scan changes anything. I have a 2 yr old DD and been married 3 yrs now. Bit of background but my dear and lovely Dad died 10 weeks ago after a long illness and without jinxing anything this pregnancy is like a last gift to give the family something to focus on. I think its really helping my mum. I wouldn't be at all surprised if its a boy as they say when a family member dies, a new baby is replaced with the same gender. Don't know if its true or not but comforting all the same. Gender aside, I just really want to make it to the first scan to know everythings ok in there. Got fairly strong symptoms so I think somethings going on, I hope!

I'm so sorry for your loss :hugs: I hope you have a super sticky Jellybean!

Welcome izzle and buddy. H&H 9 months to you both.
Izzle, sorry for your loss.
Congrats on your scan thosevibes.
Glad you are ok sethsmummy.
Good luck for all who have scans, I still don't have a date for mine xx

Hi ladies! I know I'm a little bit late to this party, but I'd love to join in :flower: I'm around about 7+2, due around the 27th (I think...I'm not sure as I feel pregnant right off the back of a super early mc, so no clue when I ovulated or anything!), and am going for a reassurance scan tomorrow to make sure everything is ok. Wish me luck please jellybeans!

I have an amazing 3 year old, and have been with my DH for 11 years - married for 4 (yeah, got married with a 5 month bump...classy!)

Hi im new too. Im 10 weeks today. Due 6th Jan unless 12 week scan changes anything. I have a 2 yr old DD and been married 3 yrs now. Bit of background but my dear and lovely Dad died 10 weeks ago after a long illness and without jinxing anything this pregnancy is like a last gift to give the family something to focus on. I think its really helping my mum. I wouldn't be at all surprised if its a boy as they say when a family member dies, a new baby is replaced with the same gender. Don't know if its true or not but comforting all the same. Gender aside, I just really want to make it to the first scan to know everythings ok in there. Got fairly strong symptoms so I think somethings going on, I hope!

Welcome to our new ladies! Huge congrats to you both :flower:

Great news!

I'm not sure why she did an internal exam I was thinking it was because I also had my annual Pap smear as well? But all she said when she was up there was "we'll you definitely feel pregnant" lol and then wanted a dating ultrasound so I don't know if it was a good thing or bad thing? Can they tell how far along you are by just feeling? Because the nurse I had to book the ultrasound with asked me if she felt I was the 8 weeks and I said she didn't say

I have no idea, I mean, the cervix feels different I guess when pregnant, but I didn't think anyone should be feeling that far up there this early on incase they irritated something or disrupted the membranes!? I doubt anyone can tell how far along you are just by feeling up there! We don't have smear tests when pregnant here either :shrug: it's so odd how things vary!

Welcome izzle and buddy. H&H 9 months to you both.
Izzle, sorry for your loss.
Congrats on your scan thosevibes.
Glad you are ok sethsmummy.
Good luck for all who have scans, I still don't have a date for mine xx

Did you have your booking in appt already? I would try push for a scan date, you don't want to be left waiting too long x

Glad you're getting taken care of sethsmummy :hugs: glad you got a scan too, yay for being brought forward :dance:

My gums are so sore :( one whole side is inflamed and hurts to even touch it with my tongue. This is another new pregnancy symptom for me, never had dental problems with my other pregnancies :wacko:

thanks hun. Have you tried using a different brand toothpaste or mouth wash? xx

9wks today!! I've officially passed my milestone and despite feeling crappy, I'm stoked!! Scan is next Tuesday and I can't wait.
congratulations hun :D thats fab news :D

Hey ladies. I hope everyone has had a good day. I spent the day in hospital. My pains were getting worse so I went to the gp this am and was sent straight to a and e after they confirmed pregnancy. I got a scan on one of those portable scanners and my little jellybean is measuring 8 weeks and 4 days. Need to adjust my ticker when I can get on the laptop. Ill upload photo once on the laptop too xx

Sorry you had a scare today! :hugs: It seems like your scan went well, so did they tell you what might be going on?

they think the pains at the top of my stomach are a pulled muscle from all the dry heaving im doing and the bottom could be my inner section scar stretching.

:hi: hey hun :D nice to meet you :D

:hi: hey hun so so sorry for your loss :hugs: but i am with you on your beliefs that when one person goes another joins. we had that happen with DS1... DH's grandad was very ill when we found out i was pregnant.. we took our 7 week scan pic to him and he held it in his hand. he passed a few days later and then we found out we were having a boy.

congratulations hun <3

my little starfish
https://i59.tinypic.com/1zxnkoz.jpg

just sorted my booking in appointment for next thursday :D xx

Yes ive had my booking in apt at 8 weeks. Ive been referred to a consultant, vbac midwife and anaesthetic review because of complications with DD. Im having second thoughts about the hospital ive booked in at. Does anyone know how difficult or easy it is to change hospitals? I bet they will think im a pain because I would have so many appts to rearrange.

Yay, cute scan pic seths mummy.
Scan date came in post today, 1st july xx

I have a pressure type feeling just above my hairline, to the right hand side xx

Sethsmummy - great scan pic! Congrats!

Ab - I get little niggles like that too!

Anyone else already noticing their pants getting snug? I'm curvy, so I've always had to get larger sizes for my hips/bum, and the waist would have a huge gap away from my body... but now I'm having to get larger sizes because of my waist!

I don't have any shorts that fit, and since we still have 3+ months of hot weather ahead of us, I'm having to buy shorts with elastic waistbands- something I told myself I'd never do!

I also got approached by someone yesterday, saying "awww look at you and your baby bump!"... it's somewhere between bloat and bump right now! (also my body's been horribly thrown off from being pregnant and not pregnant so many times in the last few months)

Hi! I'm 7 weeks today and due January 27th! So excited, this is my first pregnancy and I'm feeling a little overwhelmed but have found sooo much support here! Thank you to everyone :)

Anyone else already noticing their pants getting snug? I'm curvy, so I've always had to get larger sizes for my hips/bum, and the waist would have a huge gap away from my body... but now I'm having to get larger sizes because of my waist!

I don't have any shorts that fit, and since we still have 3+ months of hot weather ahead of us, I'm having to buy shorts with elastic waistbands- something I told myself I'd never do!

I also got approached by someone yesterday, saying "awww look at you and your baby bump!"... it's somewhere between bloat and bump right now! (also my body's been horribly thrown off from being pregnant and not pregnant so many times in the last few months)

Yeah some of my jeans don't now fit me and by the end of my day I've had to undo my button because I've bloated that much.... I don't know when it's okiee to buy new clothes and bras?? Xxxx

Dawnyybus - buy 'em as you need 'em!

I wasn't about to pay full price in store when I'm only going to wear the stuff for a short time so I've been shopping ebay. Got some cute brand new bras for just $4 a piece because my 32B's weren't cutting it anymore and have been stocking up on loose fold over style yoga pants and capri's so I can roll the waist up or down depending on how bloated I'm feeling. Rouched side t-shirts are on their way as I type :thumbup:

Yep my bump is well and truly showing now, so glad I don't have to try & hide it anymore, it was getting more & more difficult to try & hide!!

I've started getting the spd pains already :-( can't believe it, I only had it with my youngest son & they didn't start until well into 20+ weeks but I've been I agony with if since Monday :-( my midwife did say she'd refer me to physio early if it started but seen as how I'm not due to see her until 21wks I don't know how that's going to work as there's always about 6-8eks for an appt for physio here, I think I'm going to have to make an appointment to see her in the next week or 2, I can't wait 11 weeks before the referal is sent, I've got a support belt which me mum bought me a few weeks ago so I think I'm going to have to try wearing that & see if it helps xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->