*** January Jellybeans 2015 *** - join & chat here :) 132 so far!

UK girls, has anyone found a pregnancy Multi vitamin that isn't massive!? I'm taking Pregnacare but really struggling because they are so big!

I meant internal examinations, not scans. I get they do internal scans early on as they are more accurate, but why do doctors do lots of internal examinations 'up there' throughout pregnancy!?

I'm not sure why she did an internal exam I was thinking it was because I also had my annual Pap smear as well? But all she said when she was up there was "we'll you definitely feel pregnant" lol and then wanted a dating ultrasound so I don't know if it was a good thing or bad thing? Can they tell how far along you are by just feeling? Because the nurse I had to book the ultrasound with asked me if she felt I was the 8 weeks and I said she didn't say

They do it to check your cervix, to make sure it's long and closed :thumbup:

They're not necessary, especially if you're not experiencing any cramping and have not had any previous history of preterm labor but most do it as basic precautionary monitoring. If you don't want them, just tell her and she'll probably agree to move forward without them.

I don't know how they could gauge how far along you are that way unless they also palpated your belly and your fundal height was higher than where you thought you were at?

UK girls, has anyone found a pregnancy Multi vitamin that isn't massive!? I'm taking Pregnacare but really struggling because they are so big!

I'm taking folic acid as prescribed but was unsure whether I could take other vitamins aswell, I really want too but not sure which ones will be best though?? Xxxx

I'm taking folic acid as prescribed but was unsure whether I could take other vitamins aswell, I really want too but not sure which ones will be best though?? Xxxx

I'm on prescription folic acid but was definitely advised to take a regular prenatal along with them! Any prenatal will work but if you want to, bring the bottle along to your next appointment and have doc check the levels of all in it.

Brunette - I'm not over there but here they have prenatals in gummy form. My doc mentioned them to me when swallowing those horse pills got to be a bit much with my HG. Maybe you could find something like that instead?

I'm on 5mg Folic Acid and was advised to take prenatals too.

I'm currently using Pregnacare but really struggling with the sickness.

I'm on prescription folic acid but was definitely advised to take a regular prenatal along with them!

Brunette - I'm not over there but here they have prenatals in gummy form. My doc mentioned them to me when swallowing those horse pills got to be a bit much with my HG. Maybe you could find something like that instead?

Oh my gosh now I feel terrible that I haven't taken anything... Can anyone advise which ones are best and that I should take?? Xxxx

most prenatals are the same tbh.. i take wilkinsons own (a store in the uk) and they have 1 or 2 more vitmains/minerals than pregnacare. I think they are all pretty much the same size unfortunately

Any are specially formulated dawny, so will work just fine :thumbup:

brunette - There's lots of brands but this is the one my doc recommended: https://www.target.com/p/vitafusion...sku=12353429&gclid=CIna7LG48r4CFXQiMgodk28Aww

most prenatals are the same tbh.. i take wilkinsons own (a store in the uk) and they have 1 or 2 more vitmains/minerals than pregnacare. I think they are all pretty much the same size unfortunately

That's cool I have a wilkos in kiddy I'll go on Saturday and have a look, definitely getting some. Feel so bad I haven't been taking anything yet, I was going to but wasn't sure if I was allowed xxxxxx

dawny, i wouldnt worry about it too much hun you've been taking folic acid and thats the most important bit. I was taking them since we started ttc so its just second nature. I take like 800mg folic acid but as far as i know you pee out what your body doesn't need.

That's cool I have a wilkos in kiddy I'll go on Saturday and have a look, definitely getting some. Feel so bad I haven't been taking anything yet, I was going to but wasn't sure if I was allowed xxxxxx

You're taking 5 milligrams of folic acid. What's in a prenatal is measured in micrograms. The amount in a prenatal won't be anywhere near your prescription dose so no worries about getting too much. I did actually bring my bottle in and ask just to be sure and doc reassured me unless you try to like, take an entire bottle of prescription, there is no threat of "overdosing" on folic acid.

Don't feel bad as many women who never take prenatals or supplements have healthy babies every day :thumbup:

dawny, i wouldnt worry about it too much hun you've been taking folic acid and thats the most important bit. I was taking them since we started ttc so its just second nature. I take like 800mg folic acid but as far as i know you pee out what your body doesn't need.

Thank you. I don't think I'm on that high a dose of folic acid... It's only like 500g. Why are we all on different doses?? Xxxxx

:dohh: ok i am no longer relying on forums for my info :dohh:

no wonder iv had diorrhea for so bloody long! its because of the amount of folic acid i take :dohh: going to have to go down to just the pre-vit and ask for a prescription for the extra i need :dohh:

Thank you. I don't think I'm on that high a dose of folic acid... It's only like 500g. Why are we all on different doses?? Xxxxx

I only took that much because i was using pre-natal plus a normal folic acid tablet which amounts to 800mg. but from what i was just reading then i need to stop and get a prescription for a lower dose extra one. x

Is it weird that I just had a scan Tuesday and still fear a MMC today..

Still having my symptoms. But still..... Next scan is Tuesday..I should be 10+ weeks if all goes well.

I am having twinges off and on on my lower left side..and some discharging too...blah

I was prescribed 5mg because I've had recurrent miscarriages. I'm also on aspirin and Clexane.

We're all on different doses because everyone is different.

Larger doses are prescribed because of history of multiple losses, I'm on more because I'm pregnant with twins etc

Again, keep in mind the difference between MICROgrams and MILLIgrams. The regular dose in prenatal vitamins is around 500-800 MICROgrams, while prescription doses typically vary 2 MILLIgrams and up (which would convert to 2,000 MICROgrams and up).

Dawny - I'd bet you are on 500 MICROgrams which is probably just fine for you :thumbup:

Baby is measuring 7 weeks. I'm due the 25th of Jan! Heartbeat was 134.

Anyone else already noticing their pants getting snug? I'm curvy, so I've always had to get larger sizes for my hips/bum, and the waist would have a huge gap away from my body... but now I'm having to get larger sizes because of my waist!

I don't have any shorts that fit, and since we still have 3+ months of hot weather ahead of us, I'm having to buy shorts with elastic waistbands- something I told myself I'd never do!

I also got approached by someone yesterday, saying "awww look at you and your baby bump!"... it's somewhere between bloat and bump right now! (also my body's been horribly thrown off from being pregnant and not pregnant so many times in the last few months)

My pants were definitely tight this morning. I read online that this early, it's not actually the baby that is showing, but that rather your body is releasing a hormone called "relaxin", which apparently slackens your stomach muscles and gives you bump-like appearance. That and bloating contributes to the look of the bump also. I'm not a fan of this phase! I just want a proper bump! Thinking of getting some maternity clothes soon though:)

Yep my bump is well and truly showing now, so glad I don't have to try & hide it anymore, it was getting more & more difficult to try & hide!!

I've started getting the spd pains already :-( can't believe it, I only had it with my youngest son & they didn't start until well into 20+ weeks but I've been I agony with if since Monday :-( my midwife did say she'd refer me to physio early if it started but seen as how I'm not due to see her until 21wks I don't know how that's going to work as there's always about 6-8eks for an appt for physio here, I think I'm going to have to make an appointment to see her in the next week or 2, I can't wait 11 weeks before the referal is sent, I've got a support belt which me mum bought me a few weeks ago so I think I'm going to have to try wearing that & see if it helps xx

Sorry you are having pain! It's not like we already don't have enough to deal with in the first trimester. Forgive my ignorance, but what is SPD? Something to do with the pelvis?

I'm feeling like crap, as always today. I've basically been forced to go full-time on a temporary basis at work, so now I'm at work and having to take little bathroom breaks to go dry heave every so often...it's miserable. I wish I could just be at home and lay on the couch until the morning sickness phase passes:-/ It would be so much easier if I wasn't required to function like a normal human being! lol

Thanks for the warm welcome ladies...you're all so lovely! The scan went really well today; HB seen, and everything was as it should be. I was so relieved I burst into tears and ended up hugging the sonographer (wasn't even embarrassed either hahaha!). After 2 mc's and a molar pregnancy it was absolute bliss to see that everything was ok. I was dated at 6+1, which I think might take me into Feb, but I'd love to stay here if that's ok.

We're scheduled in for another scan at the end of the month, so fingers crossed all will be well at the 8 week mark and I can relax a little more.

As for maternity gear: I'm walking around with my top button undone allll day, and then straight into PJ's when I get home...ahhhh, the comfort of an elasticated waistband!

And I hear you mrsstrezy, I did an extra shift at my part time job (I'm a PhD student, though should be qualified in 2 months) and had to subtly gag every once in a while. Not cool.

Currently at my appt in the room waiting for the Dr. She was called out to a delivery. Bonus, got s Starbucks gift card for my wait. Whoo hoo!!! :) I see a Valencia orange refresher in my future, lol.
I am actually soooo.. nervous!! I'm so afraid that they won't find a HB. I tried to find it on the Doppler last night but couldn't. I know its still early for that, and I'm bigger, but I was hoping. I would still be a nervous wreck even if I hadn't tried. We still haven't told anyone. No, I don't think that it has any bearing on a healthy pg, I just wouldnt want to have to tell everyone again that I had a mc. I actually have my 9 yr old with me. Couldnt get my regular babysitter so had to farm out the other ones but couldn't find a place for him today. If they do an u/s, I'm gonna have him wait outside until the find a HB. I really couldn't take having to tell my kids again. Broke their hearts before. He's so busy on the iPad that I don't think he's picked up on all the baby talk the nurse and I were having. Sorry for the book, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->