*** January Jellybeans 2015 *** - join & chat here :) 132 so far!

Is it weird that I just had a scan Tuesday and still fear a MMC today..

Still having my symptoms. But still..... Next scan is Tuesday..I should be 10+ weeks if all goes well.

I am having twinges off and on on my lower left side..and some discharging too...blah

I think it's normal to continue feeling nervous in first tri. We all just have to remember to keep the faith and have a PMA (positive mental attitude)! Hang in there!

Currently at my appt in the room waiting for the Dr. She was called out to a delivery. Bonus, got s Starbucks gift card for my wait. Whoo hoo!!! :) I see a Valencia orange refresher in my future, lol.
I am actually soooo.. nervous!! I'm so afraid that they won't find a HB. I tried to find it on the Doppler last night but couldn't. I know its still early for that, and I'm bigger, but I was hoping. I would still be a nervous wreck even if I hadn't tried. We still haven't told anyone. No, I don't think that it has any bearing on a healthy pg, I just wouldnt want to have to tell everyone again that I had a mc. I actually have my 9 yr old with me. Couldnt get my regular babysitter so had to farm out the other ones but couldn't find a place for him today. If they do an u/s, I'm gonna have him wait outside until the find a HB. I really couldn't take having to tell my kids again. Broke their hearts before. He's so busy on the iPad that I don't think he's picked up on all the baby talk the nurse and I were having. Sorry for the book, lol.

Wishing you so much luck! I'm sure everything will be great...fill us in when you get out!

We've not told anyone either, for exactly the same reason. It's really hard having to go and give the bad news over and over. We haven't told anyone yet, but maybe after the next scan we'll finally cave and let the grandparents know. I love thinking of nice ways to tell our son he's finally going to be a big brother (welling up at the thought right now!). That said, I quite like having this amazing secret though!

Good luck!

Hi everyone, can I join in?

I'm due around January 27th. This is my second ivf pregnancy, this one a frozen cycle. We lost our first son at 21+6 so I'm being monitored closely. Have had a bit of bleeding this time too, so am currently signed off work. Would be great to have some buddies.

Is it weird that I just had a scan Tuesday and still fear a MMC today..

Still having my symptoms. But still..... Next scan is Tuesday..I should be 10+ weeks if all goes well.

I am having twinges off and on on my lower left side..and some discharging too...blah

I think it's normal to continue feeling nervous in first tri. We all just have to remember to keep the faith and have a PMA (positive mental attitude)! Hang in there!

Exactly this ^^^ Beautifully said!

Thanks for the warm welcome ladies...you're all so lovely! The scan went really well today; HB seen, and everything was as it should be. I was so relieved I burst into tears and ended up hugging the sonographer (wasn't even embarrassed either hahaha!). After 2 mc's and a molar pregnancy it was absolute bliss to see that everything was ok. I was dated at 6+1, which I think might take me into Feb, but I'd love to stay here if that's ok.

We're scheduled in for another scan at the end of the month, so fingers crossed all will be well at the 8 week mark and I can relax a little more.

As for maternity gear: I'm walking around with my top button undone allll day, and then straight into PJ's when I get home...ahhhh, the comfort of an elasticated waistband!

And I hear you mrsstrezy, I did an extra shift at my part time job (I'm a PhD student, though should be qualified in 2 months) and had to subtly gag every once in a while. Not cool.

Congrats on a great scan! Must be so reassuring!

I'm due around January 27th. This is my second ivf pregnancy, this one a frozen cycle. We lost our first son at 21+6 so I'm being monitored closely. Have had a bit of bleeding this time too, so am currently signed off work. Would be great to have some buddies.

Congratulations, I wish you a H&H 9 months! I'm so sorry to hear about your previous loss, I cant imagine how painful it must be dealing with that. It's good that your being monitored though, hopefully you'll get all the care you need.

Hopefully the ladies here will be able to keep you entertained while you're off work!

Currently at my appt in the room waiting for the Dr. She was called out to a delivery. Bonus, got s Starbucks gift card for my wait. Whoo hoo!!! :) I see a Valencia orange refresher in my future, lol.
I am actually soooo.. nervous!! I'm so afraid that they won't find a HB. I tried to find it on the Doppler last night but couldn't. I know its still early for that, and I'm bigger, but I was hoping. I would still be a nervous wreck even if I hadn't tried. We still haven't told anyone. No, I don't think that it has any bearing on a healthy pg, I just wouldnt want to have to tell everyone again that I had a mc. I actually have my 9 yr old with me. Couldnt get my regular babysitter so had to farm out the other ones but couldn't find a place for him today. If they do an u/s, I'm gonna have him wait outside until the find a HB. I really couldn't take having to tell my kids again. Broke their hearts before. He's so busy on the iPad that I don't think he's picked up on all the baby talk the nurse and I were having. Sorry for the book, lol.

Fingers crossed for you! I'm sure everything will be great!

Welcome Izzie! It sounds like you've been through a lot. Fingers crossed this is a sticky little bean for you! :hugs:

Just got back from a really great MW visit. She did a smear for me, since it's been 4 years (oops!) She said uterus felt good and globular (whatever this means), and that pelvis felt good. Little bubs had a HB of 152, and flow through the placenta sounded great! Woohoo!

Just got back from a really great MW visit. She did a smear for me, since it's been 4 years (oops!) She said uterus felt good and globular (whatever this means), and that pelvis felt good. Little bubs had a HB of 152, and flow through the placenta sounded great! Woohoo!

Amazing! You must feel so happy! Ah, a globular uterus: magnificent :thumbup:

Well I found out today my midwife has sent a student round to booking appointments alone before, my neighbours daughter has the same midwife and at 35 weeks she's just had her notes redone because they were wrong. I have also learnt that she has left our area (no big deal eh) so I got the number of the new midwife to see if she can grow thru things with me again because the student was there 20 minutes for my booking appointment and didn't go through my care at all other than to tell me to book my 16 week appointment. I will call the new midwife tomorrow to find out what's going on

Wishing you so much luck! I'm sure everything will be great...fill us in when you get out!

We've not told anyone either, for exactly the same reason. It's really hard having to go and give the bad news over and over. We haven't told anyone yet, but maybe after the next scan we'll finally cave and let the grandparents know. I love thinking of nice ways to tell our son he's finally going to be a big brother (welling up at the thought right now!). That said, I quite like having this amazing secret though!

Good luck!

Well, my appt never happened. :( dr got called away for delivery and wasn't able to get back to the office. Rescheduled for tues. I'm totally bummed.

Sick and off to work but ok :)

Had an awful dream though, dreamt I was bleeding, I woke up sobbing!

How are you?

Aww no :-( I keep having the craziest dreams too! I'm guessing it's all the hormones.

I'm not too bad today except lack of sleep heat, sore hips & a baby crying constantly next door isn't a good mixture :-( I know babies can't help it & I'm going to have another myself but this baby takes crying to the extreme, all day & all night it's that bad sometimes I feel like knocking on & asking if they want me to try & settle her!! I've never heard a baby crying like that & I've had 3 of my own!

Aaahhh mrs, I hate hearing babies crying like that.
afm, my nausea is pretty much gone, but boobs still sore. Woke up in the night as dd was unsettled and took ages to get back to sleep. Was so hot and every time I lay on either side I could feel a pressure type feeling in lower abdomen. Almost felt like someone jiggling a water balloon! Xx

Lvspnk, thats crap about your appointment xx

I agree, I'm so sorry your appt. didn't happen. What a downer!

Ab - I think a water balloon is a good description of it!

Mrs - Maybe you should knock. It's crappy if they are struggling with a colicky baby. Your experience might help them a lot!

Sadly I am out of this. Went for 8 week scan and its just an empty sac, doc called it a blighted ovum, have to go for a d&c tomorrow morning.. He said its very common and that there is nothing wrong with our baby making abilities just that this one didn't take.. :( Wishing you all happy and healthy babies in January..

Sadly I am out of this. Went for 8 week scan and its just an empty sac, doc called it a blighted ovum, have to go for a d&c tomorrow morning.. He said its very common and that there is nothing wrong with our baby making abilities just that this one didn't take.. :( Wishing you all happy and healthy babies in January..

Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear this! Wishing you the best dear :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->