*** January Jellybeans 2015 *** - join & chat here :) 132 so far!

Hi hope everyone is doing ok.

Well Alex is over his chicken pox (finally) and I had my booking in appointment today, Alex was well behaved in all fairness.
I have to have the gtt at 25 weeks, hoping OH can get the day off work to have Alex and will have to take a good book with me lol. Then apparently I'm getting referred to a consultant as 5 years ago I had an abnormal smear..I didnt have to see a consultant last time but oh well.

Hi!!

I posted in here a little while ago, I was unsure of when my LMP was so I guessed my due date to be the 14th.

I just had my 1st U/S done and my new due date is the 1st! :happydance: Yay for New Year's baby!

Just wanted to update that! If I go early I may even be a Christmas baby, who knows! Hope everyone is doing and feeling well!! :hugs:

Welsh - Glad Alex is feeling better, and that your visit went well!

Ajlj - Congrats on the new due date, same as mine! My LO will def be here before Christmas!

Welsh - Glad Alex is feeling better, and that your visit went well!

Ajlj - Congrats on the new due date, same as mine! My LO will def be here before Christmas!

My Sister in Law is my best friend in the world, I love her to peices. I love her so much I named my daughter after her.:haha: Her birthday is December 27th so I'm hoping for that! Although I know I can't control when they get here. Christmas would be lovely too though!

I think I found the hb today- tried to count and got between 150-180, but I'm ok with any of that. (It wasn't registering on the screen.) hooray for baby being alive!!

Hi!!

I posted in here a little while ago, I was unsure of when my LMP was so I guessed my due date to be the 14th.

I just had my 1st U/S done and my new due date is the 1st! :happydance: Yay for New Year's baby!

Just wanted to update that! If I go early I may even be a Christmas baby, who knows! Hope everyone is doing and feeling well!! :hugs:

I'll update your EDD :thumbup: great you've been moved so far forward!

I think I found the hb today- tried to count and got between 150-180, but I'm ok with any of that. (It wasn't registering on the screen.) hooray for baby being alive!!

Awww I'm so glad you found the hb :cloud9:

Now that I've read up on home dopplers, I'm almost too scared to use it- I hope I haven't done any damage yesterday/today since I spent such a crazy long time trying to find it!

Now that I've read up on home dopplers, I'm almost too scared to use it- I hope I haven't done any damage yesterday/today since I spent such a crazy long time trying to find it!

Did I miss something? Why do you think they're any kind of dangerous?!

You know how there's always speculation about things (ah, google)- there's contradicting articles out, and I just don't want to be on the wrong side! Something about the radio/ultrasound waves possibly heating tissue and causing issues or sounding very loud to a fetus- I know nothing about this stuff so don't know if either are possible...

https://www.fda.gov/forconsumers/consumerupdates/ucm095508.htm

Congrats on finding the HB! It's so fun! All the research I've done suggests that what we're doing in pregnancy is pretty harmless. Ultrasonic waves are quite benign. I think harm comes when you receive hours and hours of continuous use, very different from us. Even some of my patients that receive continuous fetal monitoring are at no risk.

UK girls, has anyone found a pregnancy Multi vitamin that isn't massive!? I'm taking Pregnacare but really struggling because they are so big!

Is it just the size you have issues with? I take pregnacare & huge fish oil tablets too & I'm terrible at taking pills- I take it with my dinner, literally have a mouthful of food- chew- pop the pill in -swallow. That's how I've taken all pills since I was a kid, can't manage with drinks. Most pills are ok, especially those taken on a full stomach as you just use your last mouthful!

Xxx

Double check on those fish oil tablets...I'm pretty sure I read that you shouldnt take those while preg unless doc. recommended them.

They're the same ones I took with my last oregnancy, when I checked with the midwife- & double checked again with the pharmacist this time round & they both said they're fine. You mustn't take fish liver oils like cod liver oil etc but fish oils are fine- I rarely eat oily fish so need the extra omega 3! Pregnacare do a combo pack too so it's definitely ok :) as long as they're the right ones :)

Xxx

I'm sure occasional use here and there isn't anything to worry about SCgirl :flower: of course there's always worries about the unknown but unless you were constantly attached to the Doppler or being scanned daily I'm sure it's nothing to worry about :)

UK girls, has anyone found a pregnancy Multi vitamin that isn't massive!? I'm taking Pregnacare but really struggling because they are so big!

Is it just the size you have issues with? I take pregnacare & huge fish oil tablets too & I'm terrible at taking pills- I take it with my dinner, literally have a mouthful of food- chew- pop the pill in -swallow. That's how I've taken all pills since I was a kid, can't manage with drinks. Most pills are ok, especially those taken on a full stomach as you just use your last mouthful!

Xxx

Double check on those fish oil tablets...I'm pretty sure I read that you shouldnt take those while preg unless doc. recommended them.

They're the same ones I took with my last oregnancy, when I checked with the midwife- & double checked again with the pharmacist this time round & they both said they're fine. You mustn't take fish liver oils like cod liver oil etc but fish oils are fine- I rarely eat oily fish so need the extra omega 3! Pregnacare do a combo pack too so it's definitely ok :) as long as they're the right ones :)

Xxx

I should have known you'd have done your homework :)

Hello ladies, how are we all today? I've given up on reading the whole thread, it's hard enough keeping up just with one days stuff! Here goes though:

Wildchic – Congratulations on the twins! What incredible news!

Luvspnk – Sorry your scan got moved to Tues, hopefully the weekend will fly by and you’ll be there before you know it.

Dolcebella – How lovely you heard HB on the Doppler; its truly the most amazing sound in the world isn’t it!

ttc_lolly – amazing scan pic!

Welshgirl – Glad Alex is over his chickenpox, and well done him for dealing with the booking in appointment…those things can take aaaaages! Hope everything goes ok with the consultant too.

Ajij1126 – congrats on the new years baby…maybe you’ll be one of the first jellybeans to pop!

SCgirl – fab news with the HB…must be so reassuring to be able to hear it all the time. I think I’d be addicted if I owned one!

I've been feeling absolutely exhausted today; I'm really, really looking forward to getting into the second tri where you start to get some energy back! I'm so, so glad I've finally submitted my PhD thesis (3 weeks ago...phew!) because there is NO way I could've sat and done my uni work at night right now zzzzzz! I've been trying to eat healthily to boost my energy levels, but sometimes only 3 chocolate biscuits in a row will do the trick hahaha!

Oh, I totally forgot this amazing sweet thing my LO did today.

We were walking to nursery when he started saying how he'd love a little sister, how he'd look after her and share his toys because that'd make her happy. He doesn't know yet that I'm pregnant or anything! It was so cute I just about started smile-crying. I hope he's as nice if he gets a brother instead!

Which brings me to asking: who is going to find out the gender?

We're not. I love not knowing for sure, although I totally knew LO was a boy, to the point where we never even chose a girls name!

We are going to find out, I've always wanted to know beforehand. We will try not to tell anyone though as I don't want pink or blue stuff really. I like the yellow. Lol. Xxxx

We'll find out- DH wants to know as soon as possible. If I had to guess right now, I'd say boy. But- that means it'll probably be a girl!

we are finding out. We really want a girl this time so will be a little disappointed if its a boy. And i don't want that disappointment coming through at delivery... i want to find out at 20 weeks and then if its a boy have my little sulk for a day or two then get excited again.

Edit (because i really dont want to offend anyone else :( ) .... the only reason we tried again for another baby was because we really really would love a little girl to finish off our family. If it is another boy it will be loved just as much as ds1 and ds2 but i will have a little disappointment that i wont ever get to have a little girl. I wont ever get to buy little dresses and cute little hair clips and ill forever be surrounded by testosterone and men leaving the toilet seat up :haha: I wouldn't want this slight disappointment showing at the birth as i dont want anything effecting bonding with my baby... hense why i would like to find out early. Either way i am going to be over the moon just to have a happy, healthy baby places in my arms regardless of what sex it is. I'm really sorry to those of you who have had recurrent miscarriages.. i really don't mean to offend anybody at all :hugs:

I don't know how anyone can say that :(

After 3 losses I honestly couldn't care less what sex this baby is as long as it is ok.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->