*** January Jellybeans 2015 *** - join & chat here :) 132 so far!

This is so true Janet, no matter what their pros and cons are, they're still just guys!

That sounds really frustrating Dawny. What was the expectation when you first moved with him?

I always knew his hobby was important, it's how we met and I love it and have never asked him to stop it and never ever would. I just kind of expected him to grow up abit especially now and realise he can't go away as much, or go this year as normal and then less next year??

Xxxxxx

That seems like a totally reasonable expectation Dawny. Do you think he'll feel a bit different once the baby arrives? Hopefully you guys can find a compromise you're both happy with.

I like to think he will feel different but he uses the excuse a lot when he goes away, it's de stresses him and relaxes him?. So whether that will come into play more then it already does??

That sounds really frustrating Dawny. What was the expectation when you first moved with him?

I always knew his hobby was important, it's how we met and I love it and have never asked him to stop it and never ever would. I just kind of expected him to grow up abit especially now and realise he can't go away as much, or go this year as normal and then less next year??

Xxxxxx

Is it possible he feels that he has to get it out of system now? Maybe he's afraid it'll be much harder after LO comes.

Most definitely he's trying to go more this year, which is fine, but I wish he wouldn't keep throwing it in my face.

He has gone away this week for his hobby he goes away every month about 200 miles (April-October) for about 4 days and spends time locally also for his hobby.

Hi Dawny,

I JUST had this "discussion" with my husband the other day. I was sort of half-joking and said, "You know you can't just take off for your 3-4 day weekends with your friends after the baby comes."

He looked at me with absolute horror and shock! And then he stared at me to make sure I wasn't kidding...which, at that point, I was not.

And where is he now? He's at this 4-day festival where they're all worshipping their little "Barbie" trucks. But, I never mind him being away...in fact, I love it! I LOVE my me time...but when the baby's here I can't have him gallivanting around with his friends leaving me with no rest and no help.

I'm making him sound horrible, but he's actually a great guy...but let's face it, he's still a guy.

Glad to know it isn't just my boyfriend. Lol. But exactly it's not the fact he's going away it's the leaving me holding the baby...

I know I feel like I'm making him sound horrid when actually he is quite nice and when I text back and later told him how upset i was he did say sorry.

Xxxxxx

We will be finding out as soon as we can. I would like another little girl. I can't relate to boys I don't like sports or cars or dirt haha. SO keeps saying boy tho! So we shall see!

This is exactly how I felt when I was pregnant with my son. I was terrified to have a boy. I knew nothing about them. I'd been brought up surrounded by girls. Now that I have him though I could not ever imagine having a girl. He is so cute, sensitive and caring. He is cars mad but cars are actually pretty fun to play with :lol:

Morning x

How are we all today?

I won't be finding out what I'm having, I didn't with the other 3 either, I like the suprise plus I know of 3 people in the last 12 months that have been told they're having the wrong gender to what they actually had :-( so we're defo sticking to team yellow again & honestly not bothered as to what it is aslong as it's healthy, except I can see a lot of arguments if it's a girl as my mil is desperate for a granddaughter, she has 4 sons & 4 grandsons & always wanted a girl of her own so we know if it's a girl she will drive us insane, my hubby's already said we're moving away if it is! See she was never like that with the boys, & yeh she still isn't, I can't remember the last time she picked them up from school & took them to hers for there tea (she only lives over the road from there school) & I don't think it's fair on the boys for this 1 to be treated any different x

I would love to be patient enough to be team yellow but I'm not :rofl: Last time we went private at 15 weeks because we couldn't wait any longer! :lol:

Everyone in our family is hoping this is a girl too. Everyone has had boys in out family. I think there is one granddaughter on my side and one on my husbands side but the rest are boys! I really don't mind if it's another boy, I think it is another boy.

That's another reason I like to find out, I hate calling baby it!

I love my boys, I'm not sure I could cope with all the dramas a girl brings, esp in the teen years lol I have 1 niece & 6 nephews & she's Definatly more trouble then all the boys put together & she's only 5 so god help us when she's older haha xx

Don't be sorry :hugs:

I agree about the girls thing, all my friends little girls are so much more hard work than the boys I know :lol: Either way I will be happy!

We will be finding out as soon as we can. I would like another little girl. I can't relate to boys I don't like sports or cars or dirt haha. SO keeps saying boy tho! So we shall see!

This is exactly how I felt when I was pregnant with my son. I was terrified to have a boy. I knew nothing about them. I'd been brought up surrounded by girls. Now that I have him though I could not ever imagine having a girl. He is so cute, sensitive and caring. He is cars mad but cars are actually pretty fun to play with :lol:

To be fair I'm just looking forward to all the toys, so I can play with them. Lol xxxx

What does everyone feel like they are having?

I'm feeling boy again. This pregnancy has been very similar. Same sickness etc.

I think i'll have another boy. If signs were right id say girl because i never had nausea or heart burn like this with either of the boys. but I will stick with guessing its a boy.

Rant alert.
I'm sorry in advance.

A little background I moved 100 miles to live with my boyfriend we got the house in February. I left my family and friends back home, admittedly I do have some friends here already who I have known along time but it's still not the same..

He has gone away this week for his hobby he goes away every month about 200 miles (April-October) for about 4 days and spends time locally also for his hobby.

He text me today saying how he doesn't want to stop going away for his hobby and it's so important to him. We had this conversation on Monday and I said we would go for 2 one week holidays and a couple of long weekends and then he can go a couple of other times and I'll go home to my mums... I don't think unreasonable at all...

It's not fair how he can keep saying stuff like that when I gave up everything to be with him??

I'm sorry, kind of a pointless post but I needed to just say it somewhere...

:growlmad:

Xxxxxx

aww hun i honestly dont think men understand how much you give up sometimes for them. :hugs

Hi Ladies :D
Can you put my DD on 18th January 2015 please? :) x

welcome hun :hi:

Hi Dawny,

I JUST had this "discussion" with my husband the other day. I was sort of half-joking and said, "You know you can't just take off for your 3-4 day weekends with your friends after the baby comes."

He looked at me with absolute horror and shock! And then he stared at me to make sure I wasn't kidding...which, at that point, I was not.

And where is he now? He's at this 4-day festival where they're all worshipping their little "Barbie" trucks. But, I never mind him being away...in fact, I love it! I LOVE my me time...but when the baby's here I can't have him gallivanting around with his friends leaving me with no rest and no help.

I'm making him sound horrible, but he's actually a great guy...but let's face it, he's still a guy.

hahaha i would have paid to see his face.. i bet it was a picture. my DH seems to think he can sod off whenever he wants too down his mums house just because his friends asked him to. he doesnt do it often thankfully but im not allowed any holidays so he can forget it now. hes just had a 4 day break down there last month and now he and his friend are on about him going down again! I just looked at him and laughed. It costs over £100 for him to go and we need that money for christmas and baby and never mind the fact id be left alone to deal with the boys again while he goes and has a good time.

Morning x

How are we all today?

I won't be finding out what I'm having, I didn't with the other 3 either, I like the suprise plus I know of 3 people in the last 12 months that have been told they're having the wrong gender to what they actually had :-( so we're defo sticking to team yellow again & honestly not bothered as to what it is aslong as it's healthy, except I can see a lot of arguments if it's a girl as my mil is desperate for a granddaughter, she has 4 sons & 4 grandsons & always wanted a girl of her own so we know if it's a girl she will drive us insane, my hubby's already said we're moving away if it is! See she was never like that with the boys, & yeh she still isn't, I can't remember the last time she picked them up from school & took them to hers for there tea (she only lives over the road from there school) & I don't think it's fair on the boys for this 1 to be treated any different x

oh gosh hun good luck... theres nothing worse than an overbearing MIL. I love that your DH says he would move away though :haha:

Is anyone else being really emotional? I'm crying at stupid things today and just cant stop. x

Yep. I went to my sons first nursery sports day yesterday and teared up just because he walked in!

No need to apologise sethsmummy, gender disappointment is a real thing and nobody's personal feelings are wrong :hugs: we have already booked our gender scan for when I'm 16+2, and even though I've had 2 mc's and just want a baby, any baby(!), I'd be lying if I said I wasn't secretly hoping for a boy this time. Another girl will be obviously very much loved and welcomed, like her sisters, but this will be our last baby so it'd be perfect to get what I haven't yet got :cloud9:

Hi Ladies :D
Can you put my DD on 18th January 2015 please? :) x

Welcome and congrats!

I love my boys, I'm not sure I could cope with all the dramas a girl brings, esp in the teen years lol I have 1 niece & 6 nephews & she's Definatly more trouble then all the boys put together & she's only 5 so god help us when she's older haha xx

My girls are all drama, especially DD1!:haha:

Hello, I'm at 7 weeks 5 days, with my first. So excited, not enjoying morning sickness though...
I am due January 26th :)

Well ladies. I've broken out the Bella band.

Oh belly how you have popped!!

Hello, I'm at 7 weeks 5 days, with my first. So excited, not enjoying morning sickness though...
I am due January 26th :)

Welcome to the group! Congrats on your bfp :dance:

Well ladies. I've broken out the Bella band.

Oh belly how you have popped!!

Mine too! I must look 20w pregnant already :wacko: we shall all have to start posting our bump pics soon <3

I didn't have any shorts that fit me- and since I know I'll be growing.... Bought maternity shorts yesterday. Sigh. But they're soooo comfy!

I always wanted a boy and the last time I thought I was pregnant I assumed it was one, now that I'm actually expecting though I keep feeling it will be a girl which is great as I now hate all the boys names I used to love and my boyfriend and I can't agree on anything for a boy. I'm drawn to everything girly and honestly I will be a little disappointed if it turns out being a boy but I'll love them all the same and just hope they are healthy.
I've had one gender dream so far and it was a boy and I woke up very sad but it's the same thing that happened the last time I thought I was pregnant, I dreamt it was a girl and was almost heartbroken...
I'm for sure gonna find out so I can be prepared and honestly... the sooner I know the sooner I can buy some cute clothes, blankets, etc. not to mention if it does turn out being a boy I will need the extra time to find a name we can agree on!

I won't be too far away from you buying those!!!

My dad just walked into the sailing and told me I was getting fat. 0.o
Thanks dad! Haha

I'm definitely going to find out whether it's a boy or girl. And I don't have a preference except...

Little boys have a tendency to get wee all over the place around the toilet don't they? I have OCD and that will literally drive me insane. I mean, I'm ALREADY obsessing about it and I don't even know if I'm having a boy!

Does anyone with little boys have any advice about this? I realize I'm being ridiculous, but I am literally terrified of having to deal with this for years on end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->