*** January Jellybeans 2015 *** - join & chat here :) 132 so far!

What does everyone feel like they are having?

I'm feeling boy again. This pregnancy has been very similar. Same sickness etc.

I don't know how anyone can say that :(

After 3 losses I honestly couldn't care less what sex this baby is as long as it is ok.

Coming from your position, I'm sure that was hard to hear. :hugs: Please know, when some of us may discuss gender dreams, we're not at all trying to be insensitive to you. We can't help how we feel sometimes, same as you. For example, I have two girls at home and would love if this little bean was a boy. We're going to find out the sex this time, for the first time, because DH wants to mentally prepare if he's having a third girl! :haha: Please don't take it personally.

brunette...I have to say I'm with you there. I'm 0 for 3 so far and I'll be happy with any baby (ideally human would be nice :)

Dolce..that's a good point.

I have no idea yet. I honestly don't mind either! I've had 2 mc's and a molar pregnancy, and I think it does make one hope for health above and beyond anything else. That being said, I can totally appreciate someone longing for a particular gender; we all have our own, very personal, dreams and goals :flower:

I'd like a boy this time :) SO thinks this one is a boy but I think it's cause he really wants a boy.

I'm actually thinking boy this time. With my first, I just knew in my heart it was a girl. With my second, a lot of people kept telling me it was a boy, but I never felt connected to that idea. I never even came up with a boy name, and when DD2 came out as a girl, I understood why the boy connection wasn't making sense!

Rant alert.
I'm sorry in advance.

A little background I moved 100 miles to live with my boyfriend we got the house in February. I left my family and friends back home, admittedly I do have some friends here already who I have known along time but it's still not the same..

He has gone away this week for his hobby he goes away every month about 200 miles (April-October) for about 4 days and spends time locally also for his hobby.

He text me today saying how he doesn't want to stop going away for his hobby and it's so important to him. We had this conversation on Monday and I said we would go for 2 one week holidays and a couple of long weekends and then he can go a couple of other times and I'll go home to my mums... I don't think unreasonable at all...

It's not fair how he can keep saying stuff like that when I gave up everything to be with him??

I'm sorry, kind of a pointless post but I needed to just say it somewhere...

:growlmad:

Xxxxxx

That sounds really frustrating Dawny. What was the expectation when you first moved with him?

That sounds really frustrating Dawny. What was the expectation when you first moved with him?

I always knew his hobby was important, it's how we met and I love it and have never asked him to stop it and never ever would. I just kind of expected him to grow up abit especially now and realise he can't go away as much, or go this year as normal and then less next year??

Xxxxxx

I always knew his hobby was important, it's how we met and I love it and have never asked him to stop it and never ever would. I just kind of expected him to grow up abit especially now and realise he can't go away as much, or go this year as normal and then less next year??

Xxxxxx

That seems like a totally reasonable expectation Dawny. Do you think he'll feel a bit different once the baby arrives? Hopefully you guys can find a compromise you're both happy with.

We're going to find out gender, I'm not fussy either way as long as its healthy, I think it'll make it easier for the girls if they know if they're getting a bro or sis beforehand. I think boy this time as I never had nausea with the girls xx

I meant internal examinations, not scans. I get they do internal scans early on as they are more accurate, but why do doctors do lots of internal examinations 'up there' throughout pregnancy!?

I'm not sure why she did an internal exam I was thinking it was because I also had my annual Pap smear as well? But all she said when she was up there was "we'll you definitely feel pregnant" lol and then wanted a dating ultrasound so I don't know if it was a good thing or bad thing? Can they tell how far along you are by just feeling? Because the nurse I had to book the ultrasound with asked me if she felt I was the 8 weeks and I said she didn't say

They do it to check your cervix, to make sure it's long and closed :thumbup:

They're not necessary, especially if you're not experiencing any cramping and have not had any previous history of preterm labor but most do it as basic precautionary monitoring. If you don't want them, just tell her and she'll probably agree to move forward without them.

I don't know how they could gauge how far along you are that way unless they also palpated your belly and your fundal height was higher than where you thought you were at?

She did press around on my stomach while she was doing the internal

Xxxxxx

Is it possible he feels that he has to get it out of system now? Maybe he's afraid it'll be much harder after LO comes.

We're going to find out gender, I'm not fussy either way as long as its healthy, I think it'll make it easier for the girls if they know if they're getting a bro or sis beforehand. I think boy this time as I never had nausea with the girls xx

I have way more nausea this time around too.

I meant internal examinations, not scans. I get they do internal scans early on as they are more accurate, but why do doctors do lots of internal examinations 'up there' throughout pregnancy!?

I'm not sure why she did an internal exam I was thinking it was because I also had my annual Pap smear as well? But all she said when she was up there was "we'll you definitely feel pregnant" lol and then wanted a dating ultrasound so I don't know if it was a good thing or bad thing? Can they tell how far along you are by just feeling? Because the nurse I had to book the ultrasound with asked me if she felt I was the 8 weeks and I said she didn't say

They're not necessary, especially if you're not experiencing any cramping and have not had any previous history of preterm labor but most do it as basic precautionary monitoring. If you don't want them, just tell her and she'll probably agree to move forward without them.

I don't know how they could gauge how far along you are that way unless they also palpated your belly and your fundal height was higher than where you thought you were at?

She was feeling your ovaries when she did that. :thumbup:

She was feeling your ovaries when she did that. :thumbup:

Thank you! I feel like I've had my dd a million years ago! I can't remember a thing they did at appointments!

We will be finding out as soon as we can. I would like another little girl. I can't relate to boys I don't like sports or cars or dirt haha. SO keeps saying boy tho! So we shall see!

He has gone away this week for his hobby he goes away every month about 200 miles (April-October) for about 4 days and spends time locally also for his hobby.

Hi Dawny,

I JUST had this "discussion" with my husband the other day. I was sort of half-joking and said, "You know you can't just take off for your 3-4 day weekends with your friends after the baby comes."

He looked at me with absolute horror and shock! And then he stared at me to make sure I wasn't kidding...which, at that point, I was not.

And where is he now? He's at this 4-day festival where they're all worshipping their little "Barbie" trucks. But, I never mind him being away...in fact, I love it! I LOVE my me time...but when the baby's here I can't have him gallivanting around with his friends leaving me with no rest and no help.

I'm making him sound horrible, but he's actually a great guy...but let's face it, he's still a guy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->