*** January Jellybeans 2015 *** - join & chat here :) 132 so far!

So excited that we are all nearing the final stretch!

UK ladies what can I expect from a visit from the health visitor? Had a letter through the post today that she is coming tomorrow.

Been really swollen and uncomfortable the last few days. I've increased my water and added some lemon to see if that helps. It's really annoying!
I had a lovely dream this morning about baby girl being born. Of course, there was some strange parts mixed in there, lol. Like, there were several shirts to choose from to put in baby, but they all advertised the latest movies coming out. Hahaha!!! Not too much longer now!!!

That's good Storm is doing well with house training! FX'd the sellers are ok with the mortgage offer!

BB, sorry to hear you haven't been feeling great. Definitely keep an eye on that and if he's not moving a lot get yourself to ADAU for a quick assessment. Always better to be over cautious :)

0203, I've never had a visit from a HV pre- baby before. Did she not tell you what it was about? Usually you're under MW care and then they discharge you over to the HV team when baby is 5-10 days old x

Today? I'm sure all is well hun but definitely best to get checked. Let us know how you get on x

0203 I've never seen HV until after baby is born. Maybe just wants to introduce herself? ?
Hope everything is ok bb.xx

They've said to stay laying down for 2 hours and if I haven't had 10-12 movements to call them back

Keep us updated BB

I thought the hv only came when baby was born too but the letter only says they will be here tomorrow, that's it. Well it does say that I could call the "above" number if I want to rearrange but there are no contact details! Weird. Maybe it's just an extra my area offers, there's loads of uproar to do with maternity services at the moment as I live in busy town and they are turning the local hospital into a maternity unit so if any complications I will now have to travel nearly an hour away. Not sure what to expect now

He's moved and now has hiccups.
Whilst he's moved more than the 12 times in not sure whether im happy with that or not. His pattern has definitely changed since yesterday.

BB hun if hes had a growth spurt there wont be a great deal of room in there for him. Rohan not long changed his pattern of movements.. it worried me till i realised it had changed every single day. Just keep counting your movements and make sure your getting minimum 10 sets of movements in a 24 hour period. :thumbup: And if you feel really really worried then just go get checked... its better to ease your mind than be worried a lot. If i lived closer to the hospital id probably have been a few times by now.

0203 - mine always come out After baby was born.. on day 10 BUT i already knew mine. When i first moved to the area i got a visit though for them to introduce themselves. I hve heard in some places they ask to see where baby will be sleeping etc.

welsh - i hope the sellers are happy to wait till next week hun. I can understand why they are getting annoyed and frustrated BUT its not your fault.

luvspnk - eek sorry to hear your sore and swollen hun. try rest as much as you can and the upped water intake should help :hugs: xx

Oh dear I really hope they dont ask to see where the baby will be sleeping, as we are currently decorating our bedroom And It's more than a bit of a mess. Guess I have loads to do tomorrow before they arrive then, today I decided to wash all the baby clothes and bedding etc, thing is I'm now so exhausted and my back is sore that there is laundry everywhere!!

some do some dont hun. just tell them its not ready yet and your decorating. :)

:hugs: take it easy hun :hugs:

Good luck with the visit tomorrow 0203, and I hope you get to put your feet up tonight!

So glad you've felt 12 movements BB :hugs: I don't know if this is reassuring or not, but my baby has changed his/her pattern of movement in the last couple of days too x

I'm starting to wonder if I really have pre-e, as my blood pressure is in the normal range for over half of the day. When I woke up today, it was 111/72, which is great. But then I showered a bit ago and that simple act made it spike up to 195/109, which is probably should be in hospital level. However, within 20 min of laying down, it was back down to the upper end of normal. I'm wondering if there's something else going on here... Have a dr apt in 2 hours and will definitely ask, but wouldn't be surprised if I get sent back to hospital because of the spike. Problem is- as long as I don't move- my BP is amazing! (An when I don't move, I have too much time to sit here and think about it... Haha)

oo wow hun. I hope you can convince them you just need bed rest at home! i hope they give you some proper answers xx

Hope all is okay scgirl!!

Sorry I've been a bit awol lately, work got crazy crazy busy so have been working long hours and been so tired when I get home!

Congrats to all that are nearing due dates, getting to the exciting end of it all now! I still feel like I'm so far away!! Down to my last two weeks of work though which is exciting!

:wohoo: Woop for getting close to maternity leave hun!! im sorry works so hectic though :hugs: xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->