*** January Jellybeans 2015 *** - join & chat here :) 132 so far!

Oh and happy 36w to Ab & 0203! One week to go until term ladies :wohoo:

Thanks lolly, I hope you get the go ahead tomorrow for your home birth. Good luck xx

Good luck with the section tomorrow dawny. Let us know how everything goes.

Itsnowmyturn - sorry your house move is still stressful too. We got the mortgage offer through the post today, but our team of solicitors never got it until 6pm tonight. Hoping we can go up to manchester to sign what we need tomorrow after OH finishes work. Our solicitors are apparently still waiting on the sellers solicitors to send stuff, but we're getting hassled by the estate agents saying the sellers want it completed this week or they are pulling out and they spoke to our solicitors on monday and all they were waiting for is our mortgage offer. So someone is telling porkies! Would the sellers estate agents be able to speak to our solicitors?!
Hope we both get sorted with houses soon.

Good luck for your growth scan lolly. I have one tomorrow too, but I don't see my consultant until next Tuesday. Scarlett has been measuring in the normal range but more towards the smaller side. Hopefully no worries again with size of her head. Hoping I don't have to see the consultant again if everything is fine as I honestly do not see the point in seeing her. Sit there for over an hour just to be seen for 5 minutes if that! All because of my BMI.

Good luck SCgirl! Sounds like you're body is preparing for labour naturally and the induction might just be speeding things up a little bit. I'll be thinking of you, and I'm sure everything will be great! x

:hugs: to you Dawnyybus. I wish you loads of luck for the section tomorrow, and that you enjoy meeting and snuggling with your new baby! It's great that they have things set up for you, so that you'll get the support you need after the birth. We'll all be thinking of you! x

Good luck for the growth scan ttc_lolly; I really hope you get the go ahead for your home birth...it'd be so beautiful to give birth in the comfort of home!

I hope everything goes well at your scan tomorrow too Welshgirl!

Please can you add me to jan 16th I'm having a girl :) xx

Welcome and congrats!

I was at the consultant's clinic today to talk about my birth options, and was soooo happy to find out that I'm no longer considered high risk or "red path" :happydance: The registrar doesn't think the consultant will want to see me again, and they're happy for me to go for a vaginal delivery (my 4th degree tear doesn't cause me any issues now). They're even going to try and see if I can go into the midwife-led unit and use the birthing pool :thumbup: Ahhhhh....I'm so happy!!! It's not 100% yet, but just to know its even a possibility feels great. Baby is in a nice position, feels a normal size for gestation, so it's all looking good. Yipeee!

Good Luck Lolly!

As for heating at night, we always leave ours on about 18. It's far to cold not too. If we leave it off our son wakes up cold.

So I'm stuck in L&D at the moment... I went in to pre term again :( ugh. They have given me several shots to stop labour that did not work. Now I'm on a magnesium drip- it seems to be working pretty well. The hardest part is spending my first night away from my son :( I was bawling my eyes out when my husband took him to my parents house. I just wanna go home (this friggen catheter is killing me!!!)

PM good luck, hope your baby stays cooking a little longer.

Great news Buddy.

Welsh, good luck with everything today xx

Oh my goodness PM! :hugs::hugs: I really hope you're OK and that your little girl stays cosy inside for as long as possible. Thinking of you! X

So after a busy weekend, then stress regarding the house Monday and 2 night shifts iv just got into bed after throwing up all my food from last night, I had horrendous reflux yesterday so I'm pretty certain that's a huge contributing factor but it was horrid. Feeling pretty awful today, my spd is playing up, my throat is dry and sore and I still have reflux. So glad I have a few shifts off now, only 7 more shifts to go then I'm done.

Welshgirl I'm done worrying about the house move, what will be will be, I'm sure our buyer has signed the contract so is legally bound to buy unless they don't mind losing some money. I can't be doing with stressing over when we move, there's pros and cons to.moving both before baby comes and after baby comes so either is fine even if it's the day before the move she comes we will have help and if it comes to it I can just go and relax at a friends house while oh and removal men do the move, so yeah I'm thru with stressing over it, I just need to focus on finishing work now it's getting very difficult to work and it takes all my energy, if I had more shifts to go or it wasn't Xmas I would probably just go off sick until I start my annual leave but il try n manage them, if not I get full pay for sickness anyway so no biggy

So after a busy weekend, then stress regarding the house Monday and 2 night shifts iv just got into bed after throwing up all my food from last night, I had horrendous reflux yesterday so I'm pretty certain that's a huge contributing factor but it was horrid. Feeling pretty awful today, my spd is playing up, my throat is dry and sore and I still have reflux. So glad I have a few shifts off now, only 7 more shifts to go then I'm done.

Welshgirl I'm done worrying about the house move, what will be will be, I'm sure our buyer has signed the contract so is legally bound to buy unless they don't mind losing some money. I can't be doing with stressing over when we move, there's pros and cons to.moving both before baby comes and after baby comes so either is fine even if it's the day before the move she comes we will have help and if it comes to it I can just go and relax at a friends house while oh and removal men do the move, so yeah I'm thru with stressing over it, I just need to focus on finishing work now it's getting very difficult to work and it takes all my energy, if I had more shifts to go or it wasn't Xmas I would probably just go off sick until I start my annual leave but il try n manage them, if not I get full pay for sickness anyway so no biggy

Thats the best way. Im trying not to stress but it's hard as the house is just a mess lol. We signed the contract a while ago, they obviously haven't exchanged contracts yet. I mean they know we are serious buyers, we are buying their table, washing machine and shed off them and already paid it to their estate agents (we get it back if they pull out as they havent received it yet).
we will also have help too when it comes to it. My mum also said she will help my tidy the house if we don't get a date before Christmas. Considering we were hoping to be in the house a month ago.

Ah well. Best get ready for my growth scan and hope we can go and sign what we need to later :)

So I'm stuck in L&D at the moment... I went in to pre term again :( ugh. They have given me several shots to stop labour that did not work. Now I'm on a magnesium drip- it seems to be working pretty well. The hardest part is spending my first night away from my son :( I was bawling my eyes out when my husband took him to my parents house. I just wanna go home (this friggen catheter is killing me!!!)

Good Luck! I hope it works for you. :hugs:

I'm being induced next Friday when I'm dead on 38 weeks. Sooooo nervous! I hope everyone's okay xxxx

Wow, Littleluce that's so exciting!! You will be meeting your bundle of joy so soon!

Oh no princess mommy :( I hope they're able to stop the contractions for now until you're a little further along at least :hugs: let kmow how you get on x

Arghhh not good news from me ladies! I kinda knew I wasn't going to get the go ahead for the home birth but honestly I was expecting my BP to be high, as it's usually at this stage of pregnancy it starts to go crazy. Went in for my growth scan and baby is measuring fine for dates (estimated weight 6lbs 7oz based on AC & FL, she couldn't get a HC measurement because of the way baby was positioned), but I've been diagnosed with polyhydramnios :( too much amniotic fluid basically, so a home birth is a big no no. The volume wasn't severe as far as I'm aware from what little they explained to me, but a bit concerning as it's previously been within normal range (was fine just 4 weeks ago), and now it's quite a bit over what's classed as normal :wacko: the consultant didn't say much, other than it could be gestational diabetes I've developed later on (had the GTT @ 28w which came back normal but guess I could have developed it after then?) or an infection. Had my bloods drawn to see if they can find out what has caused it, and I'm to go back in 2 weeks time - CHRISTMAS EVE!! - to see the consultant again, and maybe another scan, I'm not quite sure. They'll probably discuss an induction, which I'm now hoping for as I'm terrified of my waters going now, as with polyhydramnios there's a risk of the cord being pushed out of the cervix/vagina with the waters before baby and that can cause all sorts of complications :nope:

Sorry to ramble on! I'm actually not too bothered about not being able to birth at home, of course I would've liked to but now I know I have too much waters I just want what's best for baby :thumbup: think I might beg for an induction as soon as possible though, because my waters going and having to go straight into hospital isn't exactly viable when OH sometimes works up to 3hrs away and our in laws are just over an hour away from us too. I have some friends I can depend on for emergencies but I'm just scared of it happening in the middle of the day when DD1 is at school, DD2 is at home with me and my friends I can all call on are in the middle of doing their own school runs or whatnot. Arghh why can nothing ever be straight forward!?

Good luck Lolly. That happened to my friend and she got admitted then needed a section when her waters went as there was a danger of the cord coming first.
Sorry it means no home birth but as long as you and baby are ok thats the main thing xx

Thanks Ab :hugs: eeeep, no one has mentioned anything about a c-sec and I'm hoping that's not an option either! They just said I'll end to go straight in and will be monitored throughout the birth. If my bloods show diabetes or an infection then I think they'll book an induction for 38/39w but I'm just going to plead with them to book me in for one wither way! Really didn't want am induction again (DD1's wasn't the best!) but I just feel so anxious about when/if my waters go and how I'll get to the hospital straight away with no immediate childcare, or OH(!), on hand!

I have only just come across this group!
Hope im not too late to join you all?!
Im due 27th Jan with my 2nd son.
He was diagnosed with a duplex kidney at my 20 week scan so have had regular scans since but at my last 2 scans they can't find it so its a possibility that it has corrected itself!
Next scan is 30th dec so hoping results are still the same!

He has also been a very low laying baby and has been head down since 26 weeks!

some of you ladies seem real close now :)
this pregnancy has flown by so fast!!
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"