*** January Jellybeans 2015 *** - join & chat here :) 132 so far!

Happy Birthday Lolly:)

Welshgirl- I'm really happy you got the keys hun! Finally! Your wait is at last over. Good luck with moving.

I had my scan today, bottom baby est. weight is 2.5kg's and top baby is 2.3kg's. They growing, so I'm happy!

My doctor is going away for 2weeks over the xmas and new years period. I see a different dr just before new years. I'm not very impressed coz if I go into labour while my dr is gone, someone else will be doing my c-section. I'm mostly worried because I haven't discussed weather I'll be awake or asleep when the c-section is done.

Oh well, I guess its my fault for not bringing it up!

You should be able to talk about it before surgery Hun. Have you a preference? I loved being awake for mine.

Happy birthday Lolly!

Welsh gz on finally getting your keys Hun! It's about time!

You should be able to talk about it before surgery Hun. Have you a preference? I loved being awake for mine.

Happy birthday Lolly!

Welsh gz on finally getting your keys Hun! It's about time!

I was awake with my dd and I so want to be awake with the twins, but my mom doesn't think its a good idea because there's 2 of them. She thinks it'll put a lot of strain on me/my body. So I wanted to chat with my dr and asked what he thought the best would be. If I go into labor while my dr is away, the dr that's standing in for my dr will not know what I want and it won't say anything on my patient file.

I hope they will allow me to choose and not make the decision for me!

They shouldnt hun. I honestly cant imagine it being any different to a singleton section apart from taking a little longer. I know a lot of women who have had sections for twins and were awake throughout. :hugs: just make your wishes VERY clear during your Pre-OP when your signing things xx

Happy Birthday Lolly!

Just wanted to let everyone know that our little baby lady will no longer be a January Jellybean - She'll be arriving Dec. 23rd via csection at 37+1 due to complete placenta previa! We are so excited to meet her and cannot wait! We've already bought her a 'my first Christmas' outfit. I just can't wait to finally hold her in my arms! :)

Apparently I've gained 8lbs since entering the hospital... 10 days ago!:dohh:

Headache and slight side pain has me wondering if we'll make it to our induction date in 6 days- they're running all the tests again- so we'll see... (Also had a super high BP number this evening that went down when I got on my side)

That 8 lbs is probably water weight. I gained about 3 lbs last week and I know it's from all the swelling.

I've never had a c-section, but here (US) I don't even think they give us the option of being asleep. Unless it's an emergency of course. Either an epidural or spinal block. I've had several friends have twins though, and they've always been awake. I don't think it would really be much different unless there are other complications.

Here (SA) they actually give you the option.
I also just realized that when I saw the hospital nurse, she put 'high risk' (although I'm fine) on my file due to family history of diabetes and heart failure.

Do any of you think that will make them put me to sleep?

Jennuuh- that's great that you get to meet your bundle before xmas! What a lovely gift!
Please update when you're able to.

Jenuuh that's fantastic news! What a lovely Christmas present!!

Sc here's hoping they either deliver you early and everything calms down so you and baby can be home for Christmas :D

Won't make a difference whildchic. I'm high risk... they'd always rather a spinal/epi over general as there's less risks to you and it doesn't effect the baby whereas a general will make the babies a bit sleepy xx

Jennuuh how exciting! Good luck :)

I went to my works meal last night and had Braxton hicks all night. I went home to bed and was woken a few times during the night with a pain at the top of my bump, I'm not sure if it is wind!?

Happy Birthday Lolly!

Just wanted to let everyone know that our little baby lady will no longer be a January Jellybean - She'll be arriving Dec. 23rd via csection at 37+1 due to complete placenta previa! We are so excited to meet her and cannot wait! We've already bought her a 'my first Christmas' outfit. I just can't wait to finally hold her in my arms! :)

:happydance: That's so exciting...only 3 days before you meet your little girl! Good luck with everything, and please do update when you get the chance! X

Headache and slight side pain has me wondering if we'll make it to our induction date in 6 days- they're running all the tests again- so we'll see... (Also had a super high BP number this evening that went down when I got on my side)

I hope it all calms down and you get to reach the planned induction date :hugs:

Here (SA) they actually give you the option.
I also just realized that when I saw the hospital nurse, she put 'high risk' (although I'm fine) on my file due to family history of diabetes and heart failure.

Do any of you think that will make them put me to sleep?

Jennuuh- that's great that you get to meet your bundle before xmas! What a lovely gift!
Please update when you're able to.

I don't know much about c-sections, but I know that they'd rather give you an epidural/spinal than GA, as it's less strain and they can monitor how you're feeling as you can communicate. I second what all the other ladies have said, just be very clear about what you want. Can you call your usual Dr before they go on holiday and get them to note it before they leave?

Jennuuh how exciting! Good luck :)

I went to my works meal last night and had Braxton hicks all night. I went home to bed and was woken a few times during the night with a pain at the top of my bump, I'm not sure if it is wind!?

The MW were talking about "practice surges" or BH at my hypnobirthing class this week, and mentioned that they often start right at the top of your bump (mine are usually from the side, going from right to left). I get so many of them now...and, weirdly, I love them! If it was wind I hope it went away during the night! X

As for me, we had a growth scan yesterday and everything is looking beautifully normal :happydance: Baby is measuring bang-on for dates and the fluid levels are totally normal. It was actually a Dr who did the scan, which I've never had before....made me a wee bit nervous! I've to go back after the New Year for another growth scan, which confuses me a little. I mean, everything has been spot on at every scan, so why keep doing more scans? It seems like a waste of resources, and me and DH just get all anxious beforehand! I'm thinking about cancelling it to be honest!

I don't want to scare you but don't cancel. Ours have all been perfect up until this week. My baby has hardly grown between 32+1 and 36+1. I have to go back on Christmas Eve for another scan to see how he is. They are now saying I won't be allowed go past 39 weeks with possible induction at 38 weeks and a sweep between Christmas and New Year.

BB- I had that the other night(if its a wind). It was the worst thing ever!! Had me up from 12:15am-6am. I asked my obgyn about it and he said it could just be the ligaments stretching or my colon or maybe just a wind! But all I know is the pain was horrible!!!

Buddy- I don't think you should cancel your appointment! At this late stage, you would want to keep an eye on bubs, just to be sure everything is ok!

My doctors offices closed yesterday and there's no one there for the next 2 weeks! I'll just have to hear and hope that they'll accept my decisions.

I don't want to scare you but don't cancel. Ours have all been perfect up until this week. My baby has hardly grown between 32+1 and 36+1. I have to go back on Christmas Eve for another scan to see how he is. They are now saying I won't be allowed go past 39 weeks with possible induction at 38 weeks and a sweep between Christmas and New Year.

:hugs: It is a worry isn't it? You're right, of course. I know it's better to keep an eye on things given my history, but I could live without the pre-scan anxiety. Im keeping everything crossed for you honey, and that you and your boy will be just fine x

BB- I had that the other night(if its a wind). It was the worst thing ever!! Had me up from 12:15am-6am. I asked my obgyn about it and he said it could just be the ligaments stretching or my colon or maybe just a wind! But all I know is the pain was horrible!!!

Buddy- I don't think you should cancel your appointment! At this late stage, you would want to keep an eye on bubs, just to be sure everything is ok!

My doctors offices closed yesterday and there's no one there for the next 2 weeks! I'll just have to hear and hope that they'll accept my decisions.

Yeah, I know you're right. I just feel like everything is going so well and I don't like being reminded that there's any risks. Im just enjoying being positive I guess! That's ridiculous that your Dr office is closed for 2 weeks! im sure they'll listen to what you want...if they don't, shout until they do!

Awww thank you for all the lovely birthday messages! :kiss: :friends: I had a good day and baby stayed put, yay! Have woken up today with swollen feet and hands but am otherwise feeling fine so not panicking. Seeing the MW on Monday anyway :thumbup:

Happy Birthday Lolly!

EXCITING! Best Christmas present ever!

Eeeep you poor thing, must be all the excess fluid from swelling :hugs: not long for induction now x

Hope everyone's having a lovely weekend :flower:

Congrats to those who will be seeing their babies soon!! So exciting :)

Happy birthday lolly!! Glad baby stayed put ;) sorry about your swelling.

I am trying to read back on everything here and don't have much time to do so these days. The days are getting harder to keep up with and my little man is wiggling all over the floor like a little inch worm now :o I have to stay off of my feet since the hospital and they gave me a stupid medicine to take that relaxes my muscles. I really hate taking meds while pregnant... :| We have been so back and fourth on names for the baby and haven't really settled on one. It needs to happen cuz I know she is coming soon! I can feel it! She's in the 83%, more than a pound over what the average baby weighs in the womb at this point. Another big baby @_@ My husband is guessing mid jan at the most now. We have had little to no money lately and have had to rely on the kindness of family and strangers to help. Good thing is I have found out there are still wonderful people left in the world!!

I hope you ladies aren't too uncomfortable lately with all of those BH contractions. I am used to them unfortunately. When not on my meds I get 5-10 an hour. Sometimes more. They suck!!

I will try to keep up more with the forum better than I have.. Sorry I'm so in and out lately ;(

Congrats to those who will be seeing their babies soon!! So exciting :)

Happy birthday lolly!! Glad baby stayed put ;) sorry about your swelling.

I am trying to read back on everything here and don't have much time to do so these days. The days are getting harder to keep up with and my little man is wiggling all over the floor like a little inch worm now :o I have to stay off of my feet since the hospital and they gave me a stupid medicine to take that relaxes my muscles. I really hate taking meds while pregnant... :| We have been so back and fourth on names for the baby and haven't really settled on one. It needs to happen cuz I know she is coming soon! I can feel it! She's in the 83%, more than a pound over what the average baby weighs in the womb at this point. Another big baby @_@ My husband is guessing mid jan at the most now. We have had little to no money lately and have had to rely on the kindness of family and strangers to help. Good thing is I have found out there are still wonderful people left in the world!!

I hope you ladies aren't too uncomfortable lately with all of those BH contractions. I am used to them unfortunately. When not on my meds I get 5-10 an hour. Sometimes more. They suck!!

I will try to keep up more with the forum better than I have.. Sorry I'm so in and out lately ;(

:hugs: PM, I hope your comfort levels go up, though there's no doubt 3rd tri is definitely the most physically uncomfortable trimester (1st tri nausea not withstanding!). I think those that don't have to worry about money are pretty lucky! That's great that you've got such good support around you. I do get a bit concerned about finances, and I think I'll have to aim to be working by September next year (only p/t though) at the very latest so that we can be more secure. It makes me a little sad, as I'd love to have the luxury of not working at all, but at the same time, I just got a PhD so I want to use it! And, in the long run, it'll help us provide the best life we can for our family. Ideally, I'd like to only work 3 days a week, but we'll see what jobs are available.

Am I the only one who actually likes BH's? I guess I'm a weirdo :haha:
It's actually been a really stressful week for me. My wonderful, gorgeous little DS has been poorly all week, and my DH has had to work a lot of hours before finishing up for Christmas, so I've just been indoors and stressing for 7 days! We ended up taking DS to the out-of-hours Dr last night as he seemed to just be getting worse. It breaks my heart seeing him unwell, and I get so anxious about it! Hopefully this nasty bug will run its course asap and we can get back to our normal fun filled chaotic life! Hope everyone is having a lovely day so far! xxx

Hello girls! :hugs: I know its been awhile, I wanted to update you all. Baby Milania was due on Jan 8th 2015 but yesterday my water broke at 645am and I was put on pitocin around 8am, went into active labor for about 5-7 hours later and after 20 minutes of pushing she arrived on December 20, 2014 @ 9:16pm and she weighs 5lbs 12oz. We are so very proud! Daddy flies home from overseas today and cannot wait for him to meet our angel! :) :happydance:

Attachments

• PhotoGrid_1419167236981.jpg
    PhotoGrid_1419167236981.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 14
  • PhotoGrid_1419167255592.jpg
    PhotoGrid_1419167255592.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 15

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads