*** January Jellybeans 2015 *** - join & chat here :) 132 so far!

Silly question, I know, but what the heck does mucus plug look like? I felt something drip the other day and I ran to go wipe. It was a small bit of yellowish discharge. But creamy and not stringy at all. Will I know when I start to lose my plug as I don't think that was it.

It's SUPER thick usually. When I've lost mine, I pretty much had to pull it out because it was so thick. I didn't lose mine all at once either. I know some do.

My baby boy was born yesterday evening- entire process from beginning of induction was 22 hours. At 37w1d, he weighed 5lb15oz, but is totally healthy.

After what we originally thought was an easy delivery, we found out that I had literally been torn to shreds on the inside- through muscle, arteries, etc. I lost over 2L of blood, BP went down to 40s/20s, and I almost ended up in icu. Got lots of transfusions, and amazingly doing much better today... Aside from tons of pain. And to think- my worry with pre-e was high blood pressure!

My baby boy was born yesterday evening- entire process from beginning of induction was 22 hours. At 37w1d, he weighed 5lb15oz, but is totally healthy.

After what we originally thought was an easy delivery, we found out that I had literally been torn to shreds on the inside- through muscle, arteries, etc. I lost over 2L of blood, BP went down to 40s/20s, and I almost ended up in icu. Got lots of transfusions, and amazingly doing much better today... Aside from tons of pain. And to think- my worry with pre-e was high blood pressure!

Omg Hun I'm glad your both ok!! :hugs: what a scary experience.

Rohan and I got home yesterday (boxing day). He's doing great.. still jaundice and still dropping weight but they're not worried about it yet. He won't sleep in his cot :dohh: so right now he's in his car seat. I need to get a Moses basket or something for him. Healing this time round is a lot harder than last.. every cough is really painful on my wound. I'm trying to take it easy but we weren't ready for him comings there's loads to be done and Seth and Ethan aren't being the easiest which means poor Dh can't get anything done ( ethans ill.. he was really bad yesterday but thankfully today he's no fever.. and Seth's overestimulated with everything going on).

I managed to pump one ounce of bm today :wohoo:

Wifey- it's usually thick and chunky/stringy... Looks like snot!!

SC- Congrats!!! I am soooo sorry you had so much blood loss :( I am glad you and baby are well!! Good job mama :) any pics for us?!

Seth!!! Oh my goodness! Congrats to you too!!!!! I haven't been on here very frequently lately so I must have missed your announcement! Did everything go ok? Sorry you're in pain :(

Seth!!! Oh my goodness! Congrats to you too!!!!! I haven't been on here very frequently lately so I must have missed your announcement! Did everything go ok? Sorry you're in pain :(

Thanks 's Hun :) everything went ok.. I wouldn't say smoothly haha. My waters broke at 2:30am but I didn't get contractions so had a section. First they couldn't get a cannula in my arm so made a mess of it (my bruise is amazing lol) then Rohan got stuck.. one doctor had to pull with forceps while the other shoved down just below my ribs really hard. Then he was born at 11:51 breathing funny... I felt awful due to the pain meds they give you but the whole experience for the section was fab.. the staff were hilarious even though everything wasn't going how it should. I lost less blood then I should have :haha:

Rohan was take to nicu after an hour or so and I didn't get him back till the next day. He was on billi lights and iv anti biotics for two days as well due to my being strep b positive and him being really bad jaundice.

We're both doing great though.. Healing slowly and he feeds like a champ every three to four hours. :) I am so glad to 've home though...Christmas away from Seth and Ethan was heartbreaking xx

Ooo pictures!

Attachments

• IMG_23469957092291.jpg
    IMG_23469957092291.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_23474515167242.jpg
    IMG_23474515167242.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_23486047576910.jpg
    IMG_23486047576910.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_23510022766119.jpg
    IMG_23510022766119.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 3
Lovely sm!!!! He is super cute! Glad you are home! Make sure you take it easy ok!!

Scgirl - massive congrats to you too, sorry to hear you had complications but glad you are better today!!

Keep the pics coming all you ladies with babies! I am so clucky and looooove seeing them!!

Wifey with my first son mine was like really really really thick snot tinged with pink! It came out in clumps during labor.

SC congratulations! What did you call him? Sorry you had a rough time afterwards but glad you are doing ok now.

Tara I'll reply to you in your journal because I'm headed that way anyway :)

SC- Congrats lady! Glad you're doing better!

Seth- Rohan is beautiful! Glad you guys are home:)

Congratulations on the birth of your baby boy :flower: so sorry that you were so unwell though. Hope you're recovering and taking it nice and easy and both you and baby are doing ok :hugs:

Omg Hun I'm glad your both ok!! :hugs: what a scary experience.

Rohan and I got home yesterday (boxing day). He's doing great.. still jaundice and still dropping weight but they're not worried about it yet. He won't sleep in his cot :dohh: so right now he's in his car seat. I need to get a Moses basket or something for him. Healing this time round is a lot harder than last.. every cough is really painful on my wound. I'm trying to take it easy but we weren't ready for him comings there's loads to be done and Seth and Ethan aren't being the easiest which means poor Dh can't get anything done ( ethans ill.. he was really bad yesterday but thankfully today he's no fever.. and Seth's overestimulated with everything going on).

I managed to pump one ounce of bm today :wohoo:

Yay for getting home! Sorry it's all a bit hectic at home though, hopefully it'll calm down soon and you'll all get into a nice routine :happydance:

Just 2 more days until my induction!! Think I'm going to do a food shop today and get all stocked up on ingredients for simple and easy meals and necessities and tomorrow I plan on doing something special with just me and the girls, what will be our last day as just the 3 of us. Feeling quite emotional about it actually, even though I know DD1 is so excited for her new baby sis, and DD2 doesn't have a clue what's going on but I think she'll be fine anyway! So thinking cinema, maybe a little game of bowling and a lunch date with my little ladies :)

Also madly rushed to finish baby's blanket last night! It's not taken long to make but I've been taking my time, doing half a row or a full row here and there. Wanted it ready in time for her first pics and to take her home in so was at it non stop yesterday (well when possible when you have crazy 4 & 2 yo's running around :lol:). Here's DD1 "modelling" it! I found her draped in it playing on the iPad this morning haha x

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 11
Lolly- that sounds great! I would love to do something like that with my DD, especially now that she leaves Friday for 5 whole days to play in a national chess tournament! Babies may come while she's away and I'm not sure how she'll handle it. She's been the baby in the house & family for 7 years and its being taken away from her not by 1 but 2 babies! Doing something with just the 2 of us would have been great but I'm in too much pain to move around much!

Do you think a good movie and popcorn and girly things at home will do the trick?

I want some advice off second time or more mums. I want to start getting my baby ready for coming, I don't want her early but I couldn't imagine going up to 2 weeks over with her, I'm really suffering with the spd and my rhinitis of pregnancy is back so neither me or oh r sleeping well. I have just over 3 weeks left so what can I do to get my baby ready to come out the week she should?? I no the whole thing of the baby will come when she's ready but I don't want to do anything like castor oil that could harm the baby, just natural things that may help.

Ooo I got my pram yesterday, me and oh had a little test drive around the house lol, its much bigger than I remember it being in the shop lol, good job iv just upgraded my car from a hatchback to an estate....very practical but I love it lol.

Still haven't moved house yet but don't really expect any progress this week or next week with Xmas and new year, I think it will end up being the end of Jan....baby's due date lol. This is providing our buyer tried to remain patient lol, but I think her patience is running out, no room at the inn for a baby here though lol

Can't be too many people left who haven't had their babies lol, only us poor end of Jan folk lol

Lolly that's a great idea. I think we may try and do something on Wednesday with Tristan before the scan. The blanket is lovely too! :)

INMT there isn't much you can do to be honest. If baby isn't ready baby won't come. I had my son at 39+2 last time. All that I did was lots of walking, RLT and EPO. I don't know if any of them helped. I won't be doing EPO this time because I am high risk. Stay active as much as you can.

Great blanket Lolly!! I started to crochet one when we found out about LO but since getting pregnant I've lost all my interest in crocheting and knitting.

It's 6:20am here and I've been tossing and turning all night long. Finally woke up at 4:30am and haven't been able to fall asleep since. It's weird because I've slept well the past few nights. Ate some breakfast and now watching tv. I'll try to go back to bed after I finish the episode of Gilmore Girls I'm watching.

Is anyone still sleeping through the night?

Thanks ladies :) wildchic, I'm sure a lovely, chilled out girly day at home will be just as amazing! We are staying in today too so we'll be watching movies (basically Frozen on repeat :wacko::haha:) and I might get the nail polishes out later and have a little pampering sesh with DD1 whilst DD2 naps.

INMT, I'm afraid there's really no proven way of getting baby to come out earlier (at home methods). You just won't labour until your body is ready. EPO is said to help ripen the cervix so I would get on that at 37w if I was you, and you can insert the capsules vaginally too (will also help to reduce tearing). Clary sage oil is pretty potent stuff, and I've used it from 38w onwards with my pregnancies, in baths and mixing with moisturiser to rub on my bumps. It only actually helped when I was already contracting though, so I don't think it necessarily helps bring on contractions just strengthens ones that are already happening. You can have fun trying al the different methods though!

Full term today! Back to the doctor tomorrow! I'm really hoping that I'm dilating some with all the pain I'm having. I can't even walk well without it hurting. I feel like she has dropped and will fall out every time I move. I got most of my Christmas stuff down and will try to finish cleaning the house and car today. Hopefully I'll get the car seat installed and the bags in the car this afternoon. I've been looking at dressers for the baby room as we're getting close to ready to decorate. I've been picking up small decorations slowly. I hope to pick out curtains today while I'm in town.

Seth- he is beautiful!! That sounds like a rough delivery but I'm glad all is well! You certainly are handling it better than I would :p I wanna squeeze him so badly <3

INMT- only thing proven to actually work with labour is a tooooon of nipple stimulation ;) also orgasms can bring on some contractions. So perhaps you and your SO should just have a bit of alone time :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->