January testing thread / Starting 2019 with BFPs

Aw hun, that sounds awful. I'm in a similar boat to you, just not been quite so long. It's been just over 10 years that I started nagging my other half to try for baby no2, although it took a few years to get him fully on board.
I had nothing for years and years and then caught twice this year but both resulted in 2 early losses. My folks know about this but I've still had comments at family gatherings that I've only given them one grandchild. I'm like, I'm trying my best guys!! My older sister was a Clomid baby, so they should know that it's not always easy.
People can be so thoughtless, I just try to remind myself that they love me and mean no harm. They just don't understand and would be sad if they knew that their words hurt.
MinnieMcMoose...I'm so sorry you've been through this. 10 years is such a long time. Sometimes I think secondary infertility is more cruel because you've had the joy of having one, and it's so unfair that it becomes so difficult to have another one. It's just not fair. But what you said is true. They don't understand and you're so right, if they knew that their words hurt, it would make them sad. You are so incredibly strong!

There's a possibility, although slight, that I'm 1dpo today. Have to wait and see what temps I get tomorrow, but I'm cautiously optimistic that I can get a period in 13 days. Not quite ready to hope for a BFP. But...today I am not sad and I am optimistic, so I'll just start there!

Sending everyone love and hugs!

Seriously, you guys picked me up yesterday and I'm back in action. Thank you again, for such sweet words everyone.

Thencomesbebe, I see all the time where people say that no symptoms was their main symptom of being knocked up! I'd prefer no symptoms then having a bunch and then having a BFN. You're not out until AF shows! Testing starts the 31st right?
Yes, I will start testing on the 31st, if there is really nothing, maybe I will have a glass of champagne at midnight...

Hello!

I would like to join. Please put me down for January 4th. 8 more sleeps!

I used to be on these boards all the time. I was TTC from 2011-2013 and gave up after severely hyper stimulated ovaries. After that I became a foster parent, and I brought my current little guy home from the NICU last year. Alas, he is not intended to be my forever baby. I just get to love him one day at a time.

This is my first cycle trying again. I had my IUI with frozen donor sperm on the 21st. Yesterday I had some intense cramping and there's nothing today. My breasts are huge and darkening. I also cannot get enough to eat. I'm feeling hopeful that it's not all in my head!

I told myself I wasn't going to symptom track and was "just going to wait until test day to think about it." :^o Whoops! What a joke!

I'm have so much love and empathy for everyone who has had chemicals. January will be our month!

- Hannah

Hello!

I used to be on these boards all the time. I was TTC from 2011-2013 and gave up after severely hyper stimulated ovaries. After that I became a foster parent, and I brought my current little guy home from the NICU last year. Alas, he is not intended to be my forever baby. I just get to love him one day at a time.

This is my first cycle trying again. I had my IUI with frozen donor sperm on the 21st. Yesterday I had some intense cramping and there's nothing today. My breasts are huge and darkening. I also cannot get enough to eat. I'm feeling hopeful that it's not all in my head!

I told myself I wasn't going to symptom track and was "just going to wait until test day to think about it." :^o Whoops! What a joke!

I'm have so much love and empathy for everyone who has had chemicals. January will be our month!

- Hannah
Welcome Hannah! You're a foster mommy? How awesome is that! I wish I were able to be one as well but my DH doesn't want to adopt for a billion reasons. I think you're amazing!

Fingers crossed that all these symptoms are because there's a bub growing in there!

Welcome Hannah! You're a foster mommy? How awesome is that! I wish I were able to be one as well but my DH doesn't want to adopt for a billion reasons. I think you're amazing!

Fingers crossed that all these symptoms are because there's a bub growing in there!

Thank you! Yes, I am. We would love to adopt our little guy, but his bio mom is still working the program to get him back. It's a crazy journey, that's for sure!

What's the earliest anyone has started to feel symptoms when they landed BFPs?

Hello!

- Hannah
Hi Hannah! Welcome :) I've had an IUI this month as well (currently 8dpiui), though I'm not having any symptoms. Except I slept most of the day yesterday, like I just kept falling asleep. That's so unlike me. And yesterday and the day before I felt some pinching to the right of my belly button. But I've had that before and not had a bfp. Other than that, I have literally zero changes. No breast soreness or anything. I hope your symptoms are due to a little bean growing!! Have everything crossed for you!!!

Welcome Hannah and PurplePear!

Hannah that is such an inspiring journey you are going through. You must be such a big person to love somebody every day at a time, knowing it isn't ment to be forever. I admire you for that. I got everything crossed for you for an easy bfp this time around.

AFM I got my lab results back and they are perfectly normal. So relieved. My parents are coming to visit today so I might be away for a few days, will add everyone new when I'm back.
Good luck if you're testing early!

Thank you! Yes, I am. We would love to adopt our little guy, but his bio mom is still working the program to get him back. It's a crazy journey, that's for sure!

What's the earliest anyone has started to feel symptoms when they landed BFPs?

You're a foster carer?! Wow, that's fab. My sister is a respite foster carer for a little girl who has medical and behavioural issues and so i know how hard it can be. I have so much respect for foster carers, what an amazing thing you're doing for that little boy.

With regards symptoms, with my Feb BFP at 11dpo, I had symptoms quickly.
The day before the BFP, I was irrationally emotional. I mean, not like PMS emotional, I mean sobbing over nothing emotional.
Another strange early symptom was heart palpitations (which I'm sure was a symptom because I got them again before my July BFP).
And then I had incredibly sore boobs, uterine twinges and nausea after the BFP but before AF was even late.

I'm CD14 today, so O expected today.
I started bleeding yesterday, which is a new one on me. Only lightly and for a few hours. According to Dr. Google, bleeding before or during ovulation isn't uncommon, maybe it's because of the Letrozole?! I'm feeling lots of tweaks in my left ovary, which I don't normally feel, so perhaps that has something to do with it.

We've only BD'ed once so far coz of hubby's shifts. Was planning on today, but worried how his swimmers will manage if there's any blood left over.
Was planning on not temping this month, to try and relax me a but and take my mind off ttc, but I did this morning and it was 35.75, so at least I haven't missed my window.

I'm CD14 today, so O expected today.
I started bleeding yesterday, which is a new one on me. Only lightly and for a few hours. According to Dr. Google, bleeding before or during ovulation isn't uncommon, maybe it's because of the Letrozole?! I'm feeling lots of tweaks in my left ovary, which I don't normally feel, so perhaps that has something to do with it.

We've only BD'ed once so far coz of hubby's shifts. Was planning on today, but worried how his swimmers will manage if there's any blood left over.
Was planning on not temping this month, to try and relax me a but and take my mind off ttc, but I did this morning and it was 35.75, so at least I haven't missed my window.
Good luck! Maybe use preseed for the blood not to affect the swimmers? Hope you catch the eggy!

Good luck! Maybe use preseed for the blood not to affect the swimmers? Hope you catch the eggy!

Will do! Thank you x
Getting lots of twinges on the right side too this morning so maybe the Letrozole is giving me doubles! Twins! Lol x

Here's my OPK from now. Looks like I haven't missed it but I'm nearly there!! Will try again this afternoon :)

20181228_125541.jpg

Good luck catching the egg Minnie!

AFM - OPKs are getting darker - digital OPK is finally a flashing smiley. If the chemical didn’t mess up my cycle too much, I expect to see my positive on Monday. Hoping we can catch the egg because we need some good news after the last month we’ve had!

Currently at 3 dpo, so I'll be testing sooner than I thought as my ovulation was 2 days earlier than last mos. I haven't noticed any symptoms as of yet, maybe that's good because last cycle I noticed all types of symptoms and got a bfn! Lol the wait is killing me! :test:

Thank you for all the kind foster words! It's .... it's a trip.

I'm not noticing any symptoms today, which frankly I feel like it's a good thing. I know it's incredibly unlikely to feel any symptoms before you get the positive HCG. At least that's what "they" say. I just want to believe that this is not true and that you CAN tell.

One more week until I find out! Seven sleeps!

I took the fourth off work. I've made up several random excuses about why it makes sense for me to do this. However, in reality I want to be able to sit with my sadness or happiness. Whichever it'll be!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->