January testing thread / Starting 2019 with BFPs

Feeling pretty down today. It's officially 14 years of trying now. Yesterday a few of my family members asked me when we were going to have kids, why we didn't have any, did we want them, could we have them, etc., and it was just hard. I hate being around family for the holidays for this very reason. Last year one of my cousins just blurted out "you all know Pepper can't have any kids anyway" from another room while i was in the kitchen serving food. I don't even know why my name was mentioned or what the conversation was about. It's just hard. Today I feel hopeless and so, so, so sad. I've tried everything and nothing has worked. I think I'm going to give it until my birthday in August of next year, and if I'm not pregnant by then, it will be time to give up.

Thanks for letting me vent today.
So sorry Promise, sending you lots of love today

Feeling pretty down today. It's officially 14 years of trying now. Yesterday a few of my family members asked me when we were going to have kids, why we didn't have any, did we want them, could we have them, etc., and it was just hard. I hate being around family for the holidays for this very reason. Last year one of my cousins just blurted out "you all know Pepper can't have any kids anyway" from another room while i was in the kitchen serving food. I don't even know why my name was mentioned or what the conversation was about. It's just hard. Today I feel hopeless and so, so, so sad. I've tried everything and nothing has worked. I think I'm going to give it until my birthday in August of next year, and if I'm not pregnant by then, it will be time to give up.

I send you big hugs. This sounds so hard and exhausting, you are a hero for trying so long. Really.

Sending love your way Promise! That has to be so very hard. 14 years of TTC is more than I’d ever be capable of handling - you are so strong!

I’m sending every bit of sticky baby dust I have over to you - good luck for a BFP for the new year!

Hugs, Promise....that is just awful and sad. 14 long years is a very long time. I'm praying 2019 brings your rainbow into your arms. :dust:

promise :hugs: I'm so sorry I can't even imagine how hard that must be :(

Promise! Every time I read your signature I realize how strong you are and how tough of a road you have been on! But I have known a lot of people with different struggles to overcome when TTC and they have all had children!! I know it will happen for you!! Keep trying new things and seeking out new help! Sending hugs!!

You guys... thank you for these words. You brought tears to my eyes of relief and gratefulness. Kind words like these can do so much to heal a heart broken by hurtful words. It helps so much to just not be alone and have someone the who gets it. You helped me pick myself back up to try again today. God bless you all.

Thinking of each one of you tonight and sending love and hugs to you.

I’m so sorry! <3
People can be so blunt sometimes, even family members. And the baby subject is something that isn’t everyones business - just yours. It’s ok to feel hurt and sad and it’s also ok to say something back.

It’s not ok to ask someone about babies because they don’t know what they’re going through.

I’ve had like 4 people (including my mother) asking me about a sibling and we’ve only been trying since July.

Lots of FX for you! :dust:

Aw hun, that sounds awful. I'm in a similar boat to you, just not been quite so long. It's been just over 10 years that I started nagging my other half to try for baby no2, although it took a few years to get him fully on board.
I had nothing for years and years and then caught twice this year but both resulted in 2 early losses. My folks know about this but I've still had comments at family gatherings that I've only given them one grandchild. I'm like, I'm trying my best guys!! My older sister was a Clomid baby, so they should know that it's not always easy.
People can be so thoughtless, I just try to remind myself that they love me and mean no harm. They just don't understand and would be sad if they knew that their words hurt.

I'm so sorry! People can be so insensitive and it takes going through this infertility journey to fully understand the how those questions may affect people. That comment was horrible of that person to make, and I'm so sorry about that. I will be praying hard for you, don't give up, you'll get your little bean in due time! Chin up! We're all here for you!

8dpiui and I don't feel any different at all. I can't even symptom spot because I have no symptoms. I feel like I should be feeling at least something from the progesterone suppositories....worried that I'm out already.

8dpiui and I don't feel any different at all. I can't even symptom spot because I have no symptoms. I feel like I should be feeling at least something from the progesterone suppositories....worried that I'm out already.
Hang in there hun! No symptoms means nothing, it could be you are only now implanting. You are not out, it is early and there is still so much time and hope!
:dust:

Hang in there hun! No symptoms means nothing, it could be you are only now implanting. You are not out, it is early and there is still so much time and hope!
:dust:
Thanks, I just feel like I'm having a hard time staying positive after so many BFNs. I'm really going to try and think positively!

Hello! I'm new to this forum...but not new to TTC.

Please put me down for January 1st! Crossing everything I've got as I have never felt so weird (ha, famous last words?).
Welcome and good luck!! Hope you get a wonderful BFP to start 2019 with.
How long have you been ttc? What feels weird?

8dpiui and I don't feel any different at all. I can't even symptom spot because I have no symptoms.

I'm having a hard time staying positive after so many BFNs. I'm really going to try and think positively!

I hope the lack of symptoms is the symptom in and of itself.

Past BFNs were different. This is your first cycle after all those tests, meds, and iui. Just a few more days and you'll know. Fx!

Feeling pretty down today. It's officially 14 years of trying now. Yesterday a few of my family members asked me when we were going to have kids, why we didn't have any, did we want them, could we have them, etc., and it was just hard. I hate being around family for the holidays for this very reason. Last year one of my cousins just blurted out "you all know Pepper can't have any kids anyway" from another room while i was in the kitchen serving food.

14 years of TTC is a very long road and reading your history I see that recently you had 2 BFPs that were chemicals? The last one on November? I hope your patience and persistence rewards you with your rainbow soon! Something seems to be working recently.

Meanwhile, we're here for you. There's no excuse for what your cousin said. You can vent here. We get it. :hugs:

Seriously, you guys picked me up yesterday and I'm back in action. Thank you again, for such sweet words everyone.

Thencomesbebe, I see all the time where people say that no symptoms was their main symptom of being knocked up! I'd prefer no symptoms then having a bunch and then having a BFN. You're not out until AF shows! Testing starts the 31st right?

Hello! I'm new to this forum...but not new to TTC.

Please put me down for January 1st! Crossing everything I've got as I have never felt so weird (ha, famous last words?).
Welcome! January 1st is right around the corner! When do you want to start testing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->