July 2014 rainbows :)

Celesse im sorry she did that i def understand why it would upset you, glad she deleted it now.

Swampmaiden glad to finally hear from you again really hope you make it to your scan and all is ok.

Afm just struggling.with all day naseau no actual getting sick yet and my boobs hurt like i have never felt before. Hope everyone has a great weekend

Swampmaiden - could it be cervical erosion? I had that before my mmc, and it was a completely separate issue. It's harmless but sure makes you worry. I was bleeding with it, first brown, then bright red with small clots.
But when they checked my cervix it was cervical erosions or abrasions (can't remember the right word). Avid my cervix was closed.

Celesse- wow that's awful. My last preg was spread round by a girlfriend of a family member. We ended up having to tell everyone early because of her :growlmad: I told her not to tell anyone but she went round Facebook messaging everyone telling them :nope: it's awful when others do that. Although it seems like your mil might just not of understood boundaries, while the girl who did it to be because she's a b*tch lol

AFM the nausea has been dreadful. I've been bed bound. I've only been sick a couple of times a day but the nausea kills me. But I woke up this morning feeling a bit better. Still nauseous but I'm able to get out of bed. So of course I'm now worrying that something's wrong.

Also the spotting I had stopped soon after it started and hasn't returned since!

Sedgeez sorry about naseau but so glad your spotting is gone :)

Hi Celesse, your MIL sounds like mine! It's not her place to say anything, I'm glad it's been deleted now.

dairy- I'm glad everything is looking good for you, time to relax now :)

swampmaiden - I hope you managed to enjoy thanksgiving and I really hope you make it to your appointment Monday to receive some good news, let us know how you're doing.

sedgeez - nausea has been killing me too, everything I ate and drank Thursday and Friday came right back up, even a few sips of water I felt so thirsty and tired, I've been sucking on ice cubes today and so far not been sick but I'm dreading eating :( Have you tried sea bands? I'm not sure they're working for me but I know they do for lots of women.

I'm getting a bit worried because as well as my prenatal vits I'm taking metformin which I was told would reduce my chances of miscarriage but what with the sickness I'm not keeping either down :(

Swamp maiden - I don't like false hope because it's ultimately more rubbish than realism....but the fact you haven't passed anything and the fact the blood flow isn't getting worse is a good sign...mc isn't inevitable with bleeding. I had bleeding, check dairy momma too, and it was genuine red blood I had too....got my fingers crossed for you love x

Celesse- oh that's the pits! Crickey. I don't know how mums can have forgotten what a tense time pregnancy is!?

Dairy momma- that is awesome!! Great stuff. The fact that wee bub is measuring right for your timingis great news! I looked up a study after my bleed and it said if the CRL was close to the timing you have for OV the chance of miscarriage was very low after that. So yeah, relax and enjoy your massive boobs :) hehe. X

Afm - Christmas party last night, I would normally be hitting the free wine and obviously wasn't. I said it was antibiotics etc. then said I was being picked up early. The chaps didn't bat an eyelid but the 2 ladies weren't fooled...unfortunately one of them had a cousin who used the antibiotics line when preg. Sigh. Both drunk and one inquiring. Damage limitation - I said yep but it is absolutely under wraps. I felt very superstitious after, like I'd jinxed myself!?! I didn't expect anyone to challenge my story. Not much I can do now but it's hard when Christmas demands drinking and parties...especially having been a lady who liked a few martins. How is everyone else managing this stuff over Xmas? X

wow lots happening -

Celesse - I'm sorry your MIL did that to you!

Loup - I hope the m/s has calmed down for you!!!

AFM - Nausea is settleing down in the mornngs thanks to drugs!!!
My worst time is 4pm - 7pm. I have gone from feeling really tired to NOT being able to sleep even with the help of Phenergan.

I have my scan tomorrow for the 9 week mark. This is when lost baby last time - although things feel completely there this time.

Linnypops - don't worry about jinxing it, last time I told 2 close friends and miscarried the next day, I hated myself for thinking it was that...how silly really, telling people wont change a thing its all in our minds. This time I've told a few people and nothing bad has happened so far.

I was pregnant around this time last year and up until a few days before christmas, I remember going out for my work christmas party which my husband was at and told him to get me a vodka and coke to which he only got me a coke etc. bit hard when people want to get you drinks or you're right by them when ordering. I did the other thing of pretending to be hungover on a few occasions, that way the tiredness and nausea were explained too :p

mumaoftwoboys - thanks, I've not been sick again today but feel very close to it, definitely worse in the evenings :( best of luck with your scan tomorrow, it's really positive that things feel better this time. After tomorrow you'll have seen your little baby and have passed that milestone, how lovely :)

Linny we've got family staying this weekend and I don't want to tell til after early scan so have hidden a bottle of shloer (sp?) In the cupboard and pretending its wine! Got my booking in appt for 20th dec!

Morning.

Its not fair all this talking of sickness, i want some morning sickness (stamps feet!!).

Mind you I didnt have any before when i m/c and only had a weeks worth with DD, although that was when i was on holidfay in greece, and wasn't eating dinner untill about 11pm uk time, so think it was more that than actual sickness.

I got my NHS scan through, 13th Jan. I will be 13 weeks then. Seems ages away!

Hope your all having a good weekend xx

Suffolksarah i've not got much nausea either :( a bit of ickyness when i've not eaten but otherwise not much at all. I'm sick of all my apps telling me i should be having morning sickness. I didn't get much with my DD either though.

Ladies i'm 7 weeks tomorrow and getting really nervous about my 8 week scan :(

In some ways the last few weeks haven't been too bad because i've been in blissful ignorance, and after the MMC at 12 weeks last time i haven't been worrying about a 'normal' miscarriage happening at this stage. But in about a week i'll have to face the reality of what's really going on in there and my bubble could be burst :(

I really need some encouraging words xxx

Aww munchkin i know your getting nervous i am to i started bleeding about 6 + 3 and passed baby on 7 weeks so im nervous to but we got to remember this is a totally different preg which means we arw not bound to them circumstances again. This is another chance at a take home baby and we got to trust that is what were gonna get.

Loup - Yep, it's daft really - I know it's superstitious but it's such a strong feeling. No rationality! I think i'm going to try your approach at the next party because it seems like everyone tries the antibiotics route and it's a dead giveaway!

Nessaw- I like the cut of your jib! I need to be far more cunning in future :) x

Munchkin - That is same for me...or rather started like that around 6.5/7 weeks. Before it was a feeling of extreme hunger/emptiness. Now it is just plain sick when not eaten for an hour or more. As for your 8 week scan....I only ever find reassurance through facts, s let me chuck some studies at you and a bit of anecdotal evidence ;) :
There is a 5% chance of 2 consecutive miscarriages (I think we talked about this before!). Since MMC's are themselves uncommon the chances of 2 consecutive ones would logically be incredibly low. You have none of the signs or symptoms of an impending mc - Bleeding according to studies is the only thing to pay attention to...Pain without bleeding has no increased chance of mc. Also, you're through the earliest rockiest period pre-6 weeks! I know there are still risks....I also worry about them daily, and also thought i'd see nothing at my 8 week scan. But despite my strong gut instinct - i was just plain wrong. So, I think your scan will be fine, the odds are on YOUR side.:hugs: X

I'm off to my 9 week scan.... had a mmc this time last time so a little nervous. have some hideous pains going on down there but I think its my bowels that need emptying. Darn Zofran always constipates me!

Suffolksarah i've not got much nausea either :( a bit of ickyness when i've not eaten but otherwise not much at all. I'm sick of all my apps telling me i should be having morning sickness. I didn't get much with my DD either though.

I am also not one to get morning sickness and I'm sure that everything is just fine. I never experienced it with my first pregnancy and she was a perfect 8lbs. 1oz. delivered naturally at 38 weeks. I'm not concerned, in fact, I am thankful because I teach high school and have absolutely no time for that.

Have you guys heard of hook effect at 6 weeks think it happened to me this morning

My scan was perfect thanks ladies. still at 9w 1d, heard the heart it was 172bpm. Was moving a bit today too wriggling around. Can't wait for the 12 wee one now which is booked the day bfore xmas eve. Such a relief!!! Thanks for al your support xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->