July 2014 rainbows :)

Dairymomma- really good to hear you're doing well. I think it bodes well with bleeding if scans etc are all good, I'm still spotting too. Hoping to make another appt with doc to try and pin down what it is. Are you feeling ok with it emotionally day to day etc? X

Mumoftwoboys- gosh, must be hard then to go back to me appt but, I think the good thing about revisiting these places is that a new positive memory helps move on from the negative one x

Great bumps and scans ladies!

I'm going to the EGU tomorrow morning and I'm so scared of going back there.

Will they do an abdominal scan first? I'll be 8 weeks and 5 days tomorrow.
I hate the vaginal ones :nope:

Hi everyone, I've been lurking for a while but thought it was time to introduce myself :) I lost my baby girl in January this year at 30 weeks pregnant. I'm pregnant again now & due around 7 July (1 July according to dates but I know I ovulated a week later). I had some spotting when I was about 8 weeks, we had an early scan which put me at 7 weeks, which fitted with my own dates. As I measured a week behind they asked me to come in again at 10+ weeks for another scan to check growth, so I'm going in again tomorrow. I'm very apprehensive, I thought the last scan would be OK but it really hit me when I was in the room and brought back all sorts of hard memories from when we lost our daughter, as it was during a scan that we found out that she had died. I'm kind of hoping that as I've already had one it will make the one tomorrow easier… I fear not though! Anyway I just wanted to say hi and introduce myself.

@sedgeez I guess it depends on the unit, but at 8 weeks I had a vaginal scan (eugh!) and I think mine at 10w will be another one, from what I've read before 12 weeks the abdominal ones aren't that easy to do, so I think they do vaginal ones, but you may be lucky - you can always ask!

I know here in the states the always do vaginally that early i hate them to :(

Hi inchrist i am so sorry for the loss of your daughter i couldnt even imagine i really hope this pregnancy goes perfect for you :)

Hi InChristAlone :)
So sorry to hear about your daughter. I hope everything goes well tomorrow & congratulations! I went back into the same scan room as when I was told I'd miscarried this time around and it brought back all the bad memories but after the first time it got much easier and I had a completely different feeling, hard to explain.

sedgeez - I have everything crossed for you, I really do. I don't know what they will do but with me even at 6 weeks they try abdominal first but say they may need to do internal depending on what they see, with me they didn't end up doing an internal at all. If they want to go straight for internal ask if there is any possiblity of an abdominal one, the last thing you need is to be stressing about that as well.

mumaoftwoboys - I hope you managed to get through dinner ok, you're 12 week scan is the say before mine...two weeks to go whoo!

dairy - Although it's frustrating not having answers at least it's not bad news :)

AFM - I feel sick & I want my bed! Doppler arrived in post tody, gutted I thought it had heart rate number display bit on it but it doesn't, going to give it a try in a bit.

Sedgeez I've now had 3 scans at 8 weeks and they were all abdominal. Drink a glass of water an hour before. Thinking of you xx

I had a vaginal scan at 6 weeks to find bubs and an abdominal one at 7+3 with another quickie one to check for a hb at 8+3. Will be doing another quickie one in two weeks and can't wait. I want to see and hear that thub-thub again...

Linnypops-yeah, I'm feeling way more confident as the days go by. I'm getting at least 2 days, sometimes 3 between spotting and it lasts 5 minutes. Then gone. I've passed all but 2 miscarriage milestones. I had two m/c at 9+4 and one at 14+1 so I have to get by those two but since I'm not spotting regularly and it looks more like pink pee than bloody cm, I'm more hopeful. Nothing has shown up on the u/s to show it's coming from my uterus so FX! I really feel like this is my rainbow baby!

Loup - Scan buddies!!! :hugs: hoping for good news all around with everyone about to endure their 12 week scans at some stage.

I managed the dinner!!! Hooray!!! Actually my morning sickness seems to have made its way to the morning again and I'm not so bad at night - I wish it would just go away all together!!!

I found my 9 week scan photo and realised I had never posted it so sorry for the late post!!!

Attachments

• !cid_A0 (337x337).jpg
    !cid_A0 (337x337).jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 2
My 'morning' sickness seems to have disappeared! I was awful on Sunday night, I was still up at 3am gagging and had a massive migraine then Monday night felt ok but got home and threw up without any nausea and since nothing really, felt the tiniest bit sick last night but nothing compared with how I have been feeling. Feel bit worried now, I should be 10 weeks but I know from scans that I'm only 9 is this too early for symptoms to go?

I also tried my doppler last night, I must have been trying for a good 20/25 mins before I think I found it, I found my own heartbeat plenty of times but eventually I found a constant noise that was seemed to be around double what mine was, hard to tell without it showing me a number but it was quick, could I be mistaking it for something else other than baby?

Your scan pic is so clear, it's amazing how much they are starting to look like little people! I'll have to post mine still at some point.

Loup - Have you done a search for youtube videos about dopplers, there's a few good ones which demonstrate the difference between your arterial heartbeats, the sound of the placenta and baby's heartbeat. That's the easiest way to figure it out.

Afm - had another scan due to spotting still and baby is fine, measuring a couple of days ahead so very happy, but jeezo, I was desperate for the loo as had drunk a litre of water beforehand and then i was waiting ages in the waiting room - by the time I got in I was literally bursting, the scanner then proceeded to literally DIG about in my abdomen and around my bladder area. Argh! It was excruciating! Noone else has ever put that much pressure on. She was trying to find the source of the bleeding so I just kept my mouth shut but even after relieving myself I feel shooting pains in my bladder and like someone's just punched me in the gut! Can't believe it. Anyone else ever had someone handle them roughly in a scan???

Loup - Also, no not too early. mine subsided massively at 9 weeks and came back again the last couple of days. So, pretty normal x

Thanks Linny, it's lovely not feeling so sick :) I have looked at some videos I'm pretty sure I found heartbeat but always seems to good to be true.

I've had the same with some ultrasound techs, some are quite gentle and others really dig! They always make me wait ages as well so by the time I go in, like you I am DESPERATE I think that's what makes it hurt more. I literally have to grit my teeth, I get a really achey pain after as well for a while, I even checked the next day that I didn't have any bruising haha.

So here is little baby bean :happydance:

Measuring at 8 weeks 2 days, which is 4 day behind, but it works with the days we had sex, so I must of ovulated a little late.

We saw the little heart flickering away, and they said they saw movement too. I had a vaginal scan, they didn't even try to do abdominal, but I'm glad they did it this way as we got such a clear picture.

There was a tiny bleed with the sac, but it was so small they said its common and nothing to worry about, but that could be why I had a bleed. It should resolve itself.

The sister of the unit said I should still have my 12 week scan, but if they try not to give me one, to ring her up and she will arrange one for me :thumbup:

She also give me some sickness tablets as I've been unable to eat. I'm waiting for them to kick in now. I was actually very sick while I was there.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 4
Sedgeez - :happydance: Awesome love! Yeah, it's that little black band away from the sac isn't it (the blood?) I looked those up before going for my scans to see if i could see anything like that - looks like it's going to be fine, and good to have a rationale too! Well done missus! x

Loup - yeah it's nice while it lasts.... But then you end up being all paranoid too! Can't win eh!? x

Scan went well today, I was very anxious and got quite teary when I went into the room - there was a medical student in there too which was not exactly ideal! The nurse asked me if it was OK and I asked if she knew my medical history & explained I was anxious, to which she said no she hadn't read my notes - fail!! But actually in the end I didn't mind him being there and I guess that it's good experience for him to see follow up on a stillbirth. Anyway we saw the baby moving which was really cool, and I'm measuring at 10+4 which is great, now going back to my GP to be referred back for my 12 week scan in about 10 days - it will be nice to have two scans so close together!

Yay for good scan all around! Woohoo! :happydance: I'm getting excited for my next appt. I'll see bubs on a quickie u/s so no measurements but I'll be around 11 1/2 weeks so I think that'll count as my 12 week u/s.

Also good news-I'm getting a new breast pump! I knew the dr office was doing the paperwork for me so I could get one but I didn't think they'd do it this early nor did I think my insurance would cover the cost. So excited though. Just another sign that things are ticking along like normal now. And only two more milestones to pass-9+4 and 14+1-then I'm passed all my miscarriage dates....FX things stay this good!

Loup - def not too early - they reckon morning sickness peaks at 9-10 weeks but mine improved greatly at 9 weeks but I am on lots of anti nausea medication.

Anti nausea medicine uh the relief :hugs: .. I can eat again .. Spottin started today again but possibly because I worked around non stop for 6 hours n my rh negative thingi glad all u ladies r doin well !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->