July 2014 rainbows :)

morning ladies, sorry i am rubbish at posting. Having a toddler, working as a nanny full time and the christmas countdown is keeping me busy!
I am now 9+1 and yesterday i am pretty sure i heard the babies hb on my doppler! And i am quite chunky! It was very quiet but pretty sure it was it. xx

Wow suffolksarah. I'm 9+1 today and my Doppler is calling me :( not sure I dare! Any tips??

So I couldn't find the heartbeat :( I know it's still early so I won't let myself freak out yet although it's planted a seed of worry x

So I couldn't find the heartbeat :( I know it's still early so I won't let myself freak out yet although it's planted a seed of worry x

I couldn't find mine yesterday munchkin.

When I told my mum I bought one she went mad lol she used to be a nurse on the EGU and she said they never used a Doppler there unless you were like 16 weeks as sometimes you can't find it. She scolded me because she doesn't want me to worry.

I know it's early though and everyone's different. I'm not going to try today, I'll leave it a few days then try again. I'm hoping to find it before my 12 week scan though.

Has anyone experienced a burnin like sensation at the cervix? I dono if I shud b worried but I have a constant pain in my right side n my cervix is burning the pain is horrible n I can't phone my gynae because there offices r closed until after Christmas .. I had a lil blood but nothin since . Feel terrible ..

Munchkin - did you try very low? Into the hair line almost? Could you hear the whoosing placenta sound? If so, it's usually around there but you have to move very slowly otherwise you'll literally scooch by it. Also, it's best to try with the headphones in, it's much easier to catch the hb. I didn't get a solid hb on the doppler till 9+5

Thanks linny. Yes I did try low and it was very noisy in there! I found the blood vessels either side with my pulse but not sure about the swooshing . I'll try again tomorrow but I'm tempted to book a 10 wk private scan now x

Had my booking appt today, turns out my 12 week scan dates were in dissarray so fortunate we asked about that....all sorted now!

munchkin - yeah before i got the proper hb it was like that for me too - it's a right racket isn't it!! A 10 week private scan sounds good - you can usually get seen pretty swiftly at those places....and because of your previous good scan less to worry about going in X

We'll see! I know it's early though and I'm not quite skin and bones! Sadly I'm working Monday which is 10 weeks and the day after is Christmas Eve!!

Munckin - loads of them are usually open till as late as 9pm, so you could go in after work.

There are spaces on Sunday but oh says we should wait and I sort of agree. I'll have a think x

I was tempted to book a private scan too before Xmas, because I haven't got a date yet for my 12 week scan and I'm anxious.

I've decided to wait though. I'll keep trying with the Doppler. I've heard some people try and not find it and a few days later they do.

Still can't help but worry though! :dohh:

It's been a roller coaster first 2 months but everything looking good so far with an estimated delivery date of July 28!

Sedgeez-I have a website open and I'm looking at a Sonoline B as I type. I had a scare last night (though nothing out of the ordinary when you look at what I've had happen this whole pregnancy so far but it still freaked me out) and I was dearly wishing for a doppler to check the hb.

Moltal-You said you feel terrible. Do you have other symptoms of being ill or is it just the pain? As for the pain, I've had a pinching sensation on my cervix and sciatic nerve pain off and on this whole pregnancy. But it's not constant. Can you get an ultrasound ordered at least? If you are having that much discomfort, I'd go in to whatever doctor would see me just to find out what's going on. It's entirely possible it's just a cyst and that's what's causing the pain but it'd be better to know before the weekend right?

So, I had another scare last night. A whole blasted WEEK without spotting and I was thinking I was good. No more spotting and a great rest of my pregnancy. Well, I was wrong. Went bathroom Sunday morning and had just a dab of pink a few times and then brown the rest of the day, but gone by mid-afternoon. Had pinkish-brown cm yesterday morning but didn't think anything of it. That's usual when I've been spotting. Then last night, I had RED cm. Not just pink or brown, but red. Not much but enough to scare me. I checked my cervix to see if that's where the bleeding is coming from and while it's closed and hard, there's brown/pink cm all over the place. Now I have my near constant (but really mild) backache again, the brown cm is constant as well, and I'm near tears. I called my dr's office and my dr is out today. I'm waiting a half hour for his nurse to come in and see what she says. I may have to move my appt with my dr up a week but at this point I don't give a darn.

Maybe I should just order that sonoline...Then I'd at least be able to hear the hb...

Dairymom - Ah love, i'm so sorry to hear that. There's something about it going away and then coming back again which is worse than it just hanging about - mines gone away and come back twice....you can sort of get used to it while it's happening but not when it starts up afresh.

Dopplers are a great relief, although they come with their own peculiar brand of worry - if you don't get the hb straight away, if the hb sounds even a tiny bit slower than it did the day before, if you can't use the doppler exactly when you want to...but let's face it - those worries are 1% of the worry of spotting...so i'd say it's well worth it.

I hope you get in to your doc soon, and manage to get a sonoline / hear bubs heartbeat soon! Noone deserves this level of worry during pregnancy X

Dairy I hope u ok .. I cn go to the doc but my instance won't cover it n I'm a lil broke due to Christmas presents so I have to wait .til Jan I've been nauseus it actually kinda feels like a uti .. As for the cervix feelin hasn't stopped just burns .. N I do have. Cyst on my right ovary were the pain is so mayb its just my big cyst I hope so gynae wasn't worried about it .

Hi ladies. I am still starting to panic now. Got a private scan booked for sat but after constipation for several weeks I've had an upset tummy today. Am hoping it was the turkey sandwich I had at lunch but this was the first sign of my mmc last time. Also not feeling as nauseous but feel that the amount of nausea I get is linked to how tired I am. Was so positive last week but feel ill thinking about what the scan will show. Hugs all round.x

Thanks Linny. Sometimes I just need a boost. Feeling pretty low right now because of this dumb spotting business. And what makes me so cranky is that it's started/stopped more than once already. Only before it was 2-4 days in between...Not 7 like it was this time. *Sigh* If it would stick around, I'd be okay. If it would go away and STAY AWAY, I'd be even better but this start/stop/stutter business drives me bonkers. I'm so tempted to get the sonoline but I don't know. I see the dr on Thursday. It's a 'squeeze in' appt so I might have to wait but at least I can talk to the dr and get a quickie ultrasound to see if bubs is okay before the weekend and the holiday. And I still have my appt next week too so if something happens over Christmas, I see the dr right after.

I just get so angry and frustrated at times. It's like, Seriously? How much more of this can I handle? I got so mad last night at God, Karma, Mother Nature, Fate, the Universe, or whoever the heck is in charge of my uterus. Honestly, the stress of this pregnancy has gotten to me so bad, I'm seriously considering throwing in the towel after this baby and heading straight for the adoption agency. I don't know if I can go thru another pg this stressful.

Moltal-I wonder if it's just the UTI irritating everything down there? :shrugs: It's this whole 'wait and wonder' thing that gets to you, doesn't it? I'm there too but I am seeing the dr on Thursday. I'm requesting he at least peek at my cervix to see if he can tell where this darn cm is coming from. If someone, anyone, could tell me that the red/pink/brown discharge is coming from something and they were certain about it, I'd be 100% more confident. It's the not knowing that makes me nutso...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->