July 2014 rainbows :)

Sorry for your awful experiences ladies. My mc was a medically managed one, so I had tablets to induce. Mentally it was horrific but physically the pain wasn't bad. The odd mild cramp but the hospital gave me painkillers. I didn't feel I needed them but took them to numb myself. I'd say labour hurts like absolute hell but you're so ready for it and it's so positive it feels ok. Your body seems to know what to do and there are happy hormones rushing round your body too. With a mc the pain would be massively intensified by how 'wrong' it all feels x

The pain for my mc was bad but it was worse the day after.

I had a mmc so I found out at 10 weeks that the baby passed at around 6 weeks. I passed the baby naturally when I should of been 12 weeks. I'd had slight bleeding and cramping those weeks but the day I passed the baby was bad.

But then I started bleeding the next day really bad and getting worse cramps than when I was miscarrying. Then I started going really lightheaded. The pain got totally unbearable that I collapsed on the bathroom floor. I was losing a lot of blood too. I got rushed to hospital and put on a drip.

They said I had pregnancy tissue stuck in my cervix and I was going into shock. They said if I had left it any longer I could of died :nope:

It was horrific. After they removed it I still had slight cramping and bleeding but it was a big relief.

I'm terrified of birth now if it's anything like that pain :dohh:

Munchkin i feel you are right that the positive moment of bringing my child into the world will over shadow all the nervousness and pain of labor. A mc is such a negative and horrific experience that im sure it only magnifies the pain. Im just so ready for my baby to be here :)

God I'm sorry to hear such traumatic miscarriage experiences. Mine was painful when I passed the majority over the course of a day but nothing more than that. I think munchkin is right though, that pain feels so wrong. There's nothing at the end of it but grief. I reckon I could handle a fairly high level of pain if I knew it was 'ok' and 'safe'. It's just, I have no idea what that is?? And am really hoping the mw can reassure on that level!

My natural miscarriages were worse than actual labor in my opinion. I think part of it is due to the fact that by 9 months, your body has prepared so much for that time and you are so darn uncomfortable you're ready to pop that baby out any time. The other big difference is with my miscarriages, my cramps steadily increased in intensity until I passed the baby, usually a few hours, so the intensity went up FAST. With my regular labors, I started cramping at 6am but didn't deliver until 1am the next day. And really, the cramps are different. They aren't quite so sharp and hard (and continuous) as my miscarriage cramps were. They were more wave-like and fluid, and slowly built in intensity. I've had to take painkillers for my m/c but not for my labors. (Does that make sense?) I was terrified of labor after having 3 m/c in a row before DS was born but it honestly was such a different experience. The biggest thing is knowing that this time, it'll end with a squirmy wriggly baby in your arms. So hang on to that thought and take it from someone who has been there, done that. Labor isn't so scary and when it's over, you'll have your baby.

Because in the netherlands things are not very medical regarding birth, i worr a luminous pink shirt for my first birth with sequins that spell out the word "candy" hehe, its stretched as hell so a good preg pj, so i wore it for my second birth and ive kept it for this i guess.

I think that's an idea I can't understand why doctors won't just let us wear wat we feel comfortable in as for another weird question I heard its good to eat n drink durin labour how on earth lol? Sorry for all the bad experiences wow scary ..

Dairymomma - that is really reassuring to know. I did wonder if having an mc would prepare a person for the pain of labour, but figured it wouldn't even come close.

RE: clothes and food - I think we can wear what we like - and i'm going to ask if i can eat and drink - my hope is to stay at home until i absolutely have to go in...and try not to end up in celine's situation where baby is trying to come out in the car! :)

Had my 12 weeks apt today got to hear heartbeat was in 150s it was a amazing sound!! But they told me i had a bacterial infection they said not a std that its something alot of preg women get due to the acid changes down there. They gave me a prescription to start taking sunday. Said got ro treat it cause it can cause preterm labor. Hope its ok makes me feel nasty

Thanks ladies, you've made me feel a lot better. I just can't wait to have my little baby here no matter what I have to go through to make it happen.

wannanewbaby - Glad you got to hear heartbeat, don't worry too much about the infection just be glad they found out now and it's being treated. How did they find this out? Was anything wrong or they just do tests anyway?

At my 8 week appt they did pap smear and bloods so i guess thats how they found out. Pretty sureits that bacterial vagenosis (sp?) Ive been reading online seems very common so feel better

About a month after my miscarriage I had some pelvic pain so I went to my doctor and they did swabs etc turns out the pain was probably just my endo but they also told me I had BV asked me about the symptoms of it and I didn't have any so they didn't give me anything for it and said it's not a problem, I didnt think much of it at the time. Hmm wonder if I should mention to midwife on Wednesday can't do any harm to say something I suppose.

RE:eating while in labor-I didn't eat much while in labor. Didn't feel all that hungry and with DS, I puked once I hit transition so I was glad I hadn't eaten anything. At my hospital they only allow you clear liquids so I did have some Sprite and apple juice with both kids. It helped give me a little burst of energy just as things started to pick up. But as for solid foods, blech...Nothing sounded good, what little I tried to eat before I went to the hospital didn't taste good, and I didn't want to puke so I avoided eating until after I delivered. But let me tell you. Once I popped that baby out, nursed for a while and they got me cleaned up, I was RAVENOUS and anything, absolutely anything, tasted amazing! I had a bowl of fruit after DD that tasted like ambrosia from the gods. :haha:

So excited! Going on a weekend vacay with DH (just us!) in 2 weeks. :happydance: It's just a quick 1 or 2 night getaway (not sure yet) a few hours away and it's a working vacation since we're taking off for a farming conference but still. It's 2 days (possibly one more) with no kids, no worries, and maybe even a little date night while we're there. Wish we could go to a bigger conference next month too but it overlaps with my sister's weekend and I'm not missing that so I'll take this one instead. Also wish we could take an extra day for sure but my m-i-l broke her leg (not major, just micro-breaks along the end of a ligament or tendon) so she's on crutches and not working atm. DH and I (mostly DH) have been picking up the slack while she's laid up so we can't be gone too long. Still glad we get even a quick trip though. It'll be a nice little mid-winter break.

Dairymomma I've never eaten so much in my life! I stated in hospital 3 nights and the food is notoriously bad but I was eating everything and more!! I did eat bits during labour, mainly mini mars bars cereal bars and glucose tablets. I drank loDs of water and fruit juice too x

Lol to wanting food after giving birth its so good to communicate with women who have been through it just makes me feel so much better we doom as much vacations now as possible u must enjoy dairy sorry about ur mil sounds painful ow .. I hate infections especially bladder 1s as I get them often runs in the family sigh !! Cranberry juice has been my best friend n so far so good ..

Yay! I've wanted to be a lemon for like forever!! X

Ok i think i felt baby last night! Small wee movements in my belly...i was half asleep so not surif it was more gas though

I bet it was baby celine!! Thats amazing congrats!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->