• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

July 2014 rainbows :)

@dairymomma stay strong team yellow ;0)

Congratulations to those of who have found out this week very exciting.

I have a question ladies when did u first feel baby move. I feel pressure & times I think it's baby but am not 100% sure

It's hard to say, I think I felt some wiggles soon after 12 weeks but rare and could have been suspected for wind!! The last couple of weeks I've had more movement, sometimes flutters sometime wiggles and I 'may' have had 1 kick. At the time I'm sure it's baby but afterwards I wonder if I was imagining it all! And this is baby number 2, although I'm pretty certain I've got an anterior placenta xx

I have had a few movements things I know are him for maybe a week but it only happens maybe once a day sometimes I don't feel him at all. So most def could be baby :) the only time I notice mine is when laying down so maybe he moves more than I think but since there not strong movements yet I probably miss some with the hustle and bustle of the day

OMG ladies I don't no if this has happened to any of u but I found myself crying uncontrollably this morning. Hubby came running to me asking wat I had done, I told him nothing. He said why are u sad, I told him I wasn't I sad but i just couldn't stop crying. I said it might be because I hadn't cried in a while. Wow wat a release xxx

Hi ladies i havwnt been on as much, linny i had an anterior placenta with my son and not with dd so that anterior placenta link doesnt work out for me.

Here all good, still going strong. Yesterday i shared the news with a not-so-close friend she is from church and they have a ds almost 3 and been ntnp/ttc since 11 months with nothing to show...she had tears in her eyes at my news and my heart broke her her :(

Hey all, movements started for me yesterday, as in. - ones I can recognise as definite. Still they only happen at the very top or bottom as I guess placenta cushions everything else.

Celine, in your experience with your ds did you feel more movements later with anterior placenta or does it remain quite muffled?

Just jumping in linny, I had an anterior placenta last time and by third tri I couldn't tell! Tbh near the end it's more big rolling movements and a bum stuck out here or there so a placebta would make no difference. Also your bump grows very big so the placebta covers a smaller proportion of it xx

That's great to hear, thanks munchkin. I hoped it would be the case, eg baby outgrows size of placenta. Just realised your 20 week scan must be coming up soon? Exciting! X

Yes it's a week on Friday, I'll be 20+1 but had to change it because of work :( staying team yellow and I'm excited but more nervous as my sister found her baby had Spina bifida at the 20 wk scan. I'm not thinking the same thing will happen but I suppose I know what CAN happen now so it won't just be really exciting seeing the baby until I know everything's ok x

We had our 20 week scan on Monday, I was really apprehensive about it as I was very aware that because of the circumstances of us losing our daughter there would be a lot to look for.. and after all it's the anomaly scan so they are actively looking for stuff that's not right!

Very pleased and relieved to report however that everything was good, and we found out that the baby is a little girl - so delighted! We have another follow up scan in 4 weeks to check how we're getting on & to reassure us - I could barely watch the screen on Monday I was so scared, so I'm going to make myself look properly at the next one, feel like I missed out a bit. Very happy though and actually daring to allow myself to believe that this time things might work out OK, it feels nice! :)

Munchkin - on crikey that's awful - i'm so sorry about your sister. I must have missed this on the ttc thread. I know it's nerve wraking but the chances are so slim that something is wrong...i'm sure it will be just fine :hugs:

Inchristalone - So glad your 20 week went well! I am glad it's a weight off your mind. X

Afm - finally with anterior placenta i'm feeling genuine rolls and kicks. It is such an odd sensation to go from nothing to these big movements - I actually screamed 2 nights ago it was so odd and unexpected :haha:

Munchkin - on crikey that's awful - i'm so sorry about your sister. I must have missed this on the ttc thread. I know it's nerve wraking but the chances are so slim that something is wrong...i'm sure it will be just fine :hugs:

Inchristalone - So glad your 20 week went well! I am glad it's a weight off your mind. X

Afm - finally with anterior placenta i'm feeling genuine rolls and kicks. It is such an odd sensation to go from nothing to these big movements - I actually screamed 2 nights ago it was so odd and unexpected :haha:

I found out that I have an anterior placenta too - would explain why I haven't been feeling as much movement as I had expected! I have started to feel proper kicks over the past week though, it's really lovely isn't it! I've seen my tummy move a couple of times too.

That's so funny that you screamed, it can be so unexpected! I remember our last baby gave me some really hard jabs to the ribs quite often, those ones make you sit up and take notice for sure! :)

I'm not sure where my placenta was with DS or DD but I do know they both implanted on the right side. I constantly had movement on the upper left side and low down near my cervix, and u/s showed both kiddos were on the right, facing my left hip bone. Pretty sure it's the same with this baby based on where I consistently feel movement. I started feeling little taps and swipes around 13 weeks, was sure it was baby around 14 weeks, and am just now feeling regular daily movement at 19 weeks.

One week til my anatomy u/s....Ooooo, can't wait to see baby! Also have to have a slight rant. There is a girl on FB who is CONSTANTLY going on and on about things she doesn't agree with-mainly dealing with childbirth and raising kids. She's a home birth midwife and feels very strongly that women shouldn't have babies in the hospitals EVER. Most of the time, I just ignore her rants but lately she's pulled out her 'ultrasounds are BAD' speeches and it's really getting to me. She's never had a loss, has had no pg issues whatsoever (unless you count getting pg with 6 kids by 3 different dads an issue), and has NO clue what those early u/s mean for women like us. But if I (or someone else) tries to explain the peace of mind those u/s give, it just sets her off so I don't ever reply. It's getting harder to though. Her posts are so uneducated about SO much dealing with childbirth and fertility it's hard NOT to respond. Bah...Okay, min-rant over. I just have to vent about this because it's so hard not to let this girl have it and it's just not worth the effort.

Dairy momma - ugh, the rants of the smug self-righteous, I'd have gnawed my knuckles clean off. ultrasounds are not harmful for babies. There is no proof of it after decades of use. AND They have saved lives - babies have had in-utero operations as well as operations as soon as they emerge based on us findings. Without that these children would be dead. You already know all this! I'm just ranting myself now. :haha: . We have great midwives here, I think because they're part of the medical system they tend not to be overly home-birth /natural is the only way people. It's more about offering choice and support in those choices.

I'm not sure where my placenta was with DS or DD but I do know they both implanted on the right side. I constantly had movement on the upper left side and low down near my cervix, and u/s showed both kiddos were on the right, facing my left hip bone. Pretty sure it's the same with this baby based on where I consistently feel movement. I started feeling little taps and swipes around 13 weeks, was sure it was baby around 14 weeks, and am just now feeling regular daily movement at 19 weeks.

One week til my anatomy u/s....Ooooo, can't wait to see baby! Also have to have a slight rant. There is a girl on FB who is CONSTANTLY going on and on about things she doesn't agree with-mainly dealing with childbirth and raising kids. She's a home birth midwife and feels very strongly that women shouldn't have babies in the hospitals EVER. Most of the time, I just ignore her rants but lately she's pulled out her 'ultrasounds are BAD' speeches and it's really getting to me. She's never had a loss, has had no pg issues whatsoever (unless you count getting pg with 6 kids by 3 different dads an issue), and has NO clue what those early u/s mean for women like us. But if I (or someone else) tries to explain the peace of mind those u/s give, it just sets her off so I don't ever reply. It's getting harder to though. Her posts are so uneducated about SO much dealing with childbirth and fertility it's hard NOT to respond. Bah...Okay, min-rant over. I just have to vent about this because it's so hard not to let this girl have it and it's just not worth the effort.

I unfollow quite a lot of people on Facebook! You're not de-friending them, you just don't get their annoying updates on your news feed anymore! It's worked wonders for my rage :)

I did that after she went on a ranty spree with her last baby. She kept posting all kinds of articles with horror stories about circumcisions gone horribly wrong and saying how terribly bad it is to vaccinate at all and how homebirth is THE only way to have a baby. I unfollowed her then because I don't agree with a lot of what she says but for some reason I'm getting posts from her again showing up on my newsfeed. I think it's because I'm friends with a few people who regularly post on her page and it's showing up because THEY replied. Or something like that. I'm going to investigate my security settings and see if there is anything else I can do. Otherwise, I may just unfriend her.

I did that after she went on a ranty spree with her last baby. She kept posting all kinds of articles with horror stories about circumcisions gone horribly wrong and saying how terribly bad it is to vaccinate at all and how homebirth is THE only way to have a baby. I unfollowed her then because I don't agree with a lot of what she says but for some reason I'm getting posts from her again showing up on my newsfeed. I think it's because I'm friends with a few people who regularly post on her page and it's showing up because THEY replied. Or something like that. I'm going to investigate my security settings and see if there is anything else I can do. Otherwise, I may just unfriend her.

Sounds like a good plan :)

Hi all!
Been away from here for a little while, took a short holiday and bought a house!! Everything is coming together but it's been stressful so I've not had much time to get on here.
I'm going to read back through and catch up with what I've missed tomorrow but for now I'm just too excited to share my news...
after 20 weeks of believing I was having a little boy it turns out we are having a girl!! It was a good job I was lying down! I couldn't be happier and the best part is she looks nice and healthy :)
Felt her kick from the outside for the first time last night, it was incredible gutted that my husband missed it and then when he came home she went quiet. Oooo I'm really enjoying pregnancy now.

Like I said I'll catch up on what's been going on tomorrow but hope all you ladies and bumps are doing well x

Congrats loup!!! So many pink bumps in this thread I'm feeling lonely with my blue bump lol.

dairy - I was gonna say why don't you just unfriend her? Unless you have to see her and that makes things awkward. I don't think I could keep my mouth shut with someone as ignorant as that. I deleted someone the other week just for putting a big picture of a spider as his profile picture haha and It's somebody I've known since a child I did message him to say though but I have such a huge phobia I got really upset when I saw it lol, slightly irrational these days.

I've only just seen how many girls we are all having! wannanewbaby - still a few yellow bumps I believe? Could well be joining you :)

Has anybody been thinking about maternity leave yet, how long to take? when to start? Work haven't asked yet but it's only a matter of time. I'm so miserable at work at the moment, not being treated very fairly but I don't want this to influence when I leave and then miss out on more time with bubs.

Also to those of you who say you have an anterior placenta and not felt much, to be honest I've only recently started getting biggish kicks and I don't feel much most of the time and yet mine is prosterior.

Anyway hopefully bedtime for me soon I can't seem to stay awake at night so I'm bloody shattered, lots of back and hip pain don't help. Anybody else keep waking up on your back? I know I should sleep on my side but apparently the second I'm asleep I roll onto my back...opps!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->