July 2014 rainbows :)

Loup I'm also having some hip pain and major ligament pain!! Hoping to get relief soon my doc said I need to get one of those preg belts that help support the baby so will be looking for one of those tomorrow if you want to check it out. I also wake up on my back every night not sure what's up with that cause I was always a side sleeper hope I'm not hurting him

Loup-I live two states away so seeing her isn't an issue and honestly don't think she'd notice if I unfriended her. But being a midwife, she has given out lots of good info on herbs that are safe for pregnancy and moves to help with labor pains, etc. so I hate to unfriend her altogether. It's just that some of her opinions are too strong so I just check in on her page every once in a while.

Staying yellow bump too but predicted a girl so my bump could very well be adding to the girl trend. We'll see come July. :)

As for maternity leave, we are self-employed as farmers and I'm due smack-dab in the middle of one of the busiest times of year on the farm-haying season. So the longer I work the better as it allows DH to spend more time in the field. We do have part time chore help lined up for after the baby is born but they are also field hands so again, the more I do up until baby's arrival, the better. They also have school starting in the fall (coincidentally when our harvest season really gets rolling) so my maternity leave might be cut a little shorter than I'd like but I'll get at least 6 weeks off and will ease my way back into the schedule slowly. We'll see how it goes I guess. I worked right up to the day my kids both were born so I'm hoping to do the same with this bubs. If nothing else, it gets me off my ever expanding backside and out into the fresh air once a day. :)

Congrats loup! And wannanewbaby, don't forget my blue bump! We've just gotten used to saying "our son" instead of just "the baby" and it's so exciting :cloud9:
I'm an A level teacher so I was worried about taking my 6 week maternity leave as it's near impossible to find a substitute for 6 weeks and I figure the school will have to simply replace me, but a colleague has offered to take my classes for the whole first term. I don't know if I'll be able to go back to work at all while I'm nursing as I have nowhere to leave the baby, our parents all work, we have no daycares here and can't afford a nanny. I'll most likely take the entire semester off and go back to work when the baby is 6 months old and taking longer breaks between feedings. I plan to take him to work with me and leave him in the creche during my class. I will continue tutoring students at home though, once the baby is around a month old.

By the way, for those of you having hip and back pain-I'm a yoga instructor and a few gentle poses can really alleviate some of the tension in that area. I'm not prenatal certified, so I kept up my regular routine until I hit 20 weeks and now I'm doing a very gentle prenatal routine I downloaded from yogadownload.com. It's worth browsing their classes if you're in pain, just search for the appropriate class level based on your fitness and experience. I prefer online classes because they're easy to squeeze in whenever you have time as opposed to having to go somewhere and take a class.

Oooo just realized I'm 20 weeks today! :happydance: Never thought I'd make it this far yet here I am...Aaahhh. Feels so good.

Well other than my twisted lower back. It's pretty icy right now where I live and I slipped a touch this morning on my way to work. Think I kinked my back a little but hoping it'll work itself out with rest. Can't afford a chiro appt until the next paycheck comes. So I'm going to spend the rest of today with my feet up, a pillow behind my back, and knitting away at a wool scarf I'm making now that I have an excuse to sit on my butt all day and not feel guilty about it. :haha:

20 week ultrasound went well. Tech liked the measurements he got, everything looked normal thus far (radiologist needs to review everything before final report is issued), and dr was happy with growth. U/S puts my due date on the 12th but dr won't move it because it's within 7 days of my first EDD of the 15th of July so I'm staying put. Oh well. Also found out I have an anterior placenta, which explains why I've felt movement where I've felt it (up near the top of my uterus and way down low by cervix but nothing in the middle), but all looks well. Whew!

Now just to get rid of this back pain. Sciatica is kicking it up a notch tonight and my chiro is out of town til Monday. Guess I'm going to be laying on a tennis ball and wishing for the weekend to fly by. Might have to look into a bump belt or something after all because this is honestly the worst it's been yet. Not even my go-to yoga poses are helping. Ouch...

Dairy - I am having a horrendous time with my back - do you think anterior placenta and back pain might be related? It seems back labour is sometimes related to it.... I'm just theorising. Any other ladies with front placenta having the same issues?

Ohh ladies am so excited we have our 20 week scan on Monday. Defo think we`re staying team yellow. I had a dream last night that I gave birth to a baby girl. Might be because the majority think we`re going to have a girl. I am so looking forward to giving birth and meeting our little baby in July. Is it normal to be so excited LOL :happydance:

Yay bumblebee it's very exciting, I don't blame you! Just try not to wish pregnancy away too quickly (although that's easier said than done!) Dairymomma glad the scan went well.

I've got my 20 week scan today. Nervous and a bit excited. Still worried they could find something wrong but not much I can do about it. I'm also really turned tonight because I was out for a leaving do last night, got home before 11 but still yawn!!!

so true Munckin, I still haven't felt the baby move probably. sometimes if am lay on my back watching TV at night I can feel little things but that's it an its not every day and I don't even know if it is baby?
Good luck with the scan, I too am slightly worried if everything will be ok. You team yellow too arnt you.:thumbup:

Linny-I'm not sure. This is the first time I've found out where my placenta was so don't know if there's a correlation or not. This baby is transverse atm and I feel like the positioning is putting pressure on my pelvis, causing it to shift out of place and pulling on all sorts of muscles in my back. My tailbone aches all day long like I bruised it and when i walk, I can feel bones grinding in my low back. The last time this happened, my chiro got me fixed up right away but he's out of town. Talked to the dr yesterday about this because it's getting so bad and he said there's not much they can really do. He recommended warm baths (not HOT), cold packs if I felt they helped, and to keep moving. The chiro said the same thing about moving because part of my pain is caused by contracted hip flexor muscles (the muscle in front of your hips used for sitting). I sit WAY too much when my back hurts so those muscles get all tensed up. I've been doing my stretches and they are helping. Just not enough.

Dairy - mines a little higher up - middle of back. But same scenario - I can't sit for long periods, stretching (cow/cat) works wonders, never hurts when moving etc. I'm going to ask my midwife about some physio. Swimmings been great too. Hope you get some relief anyway! X

I have a posterior placenta and have had some real bad back pain the last few days, worse than before its central mid/lower back. I bathed the dog yesterday and I was nearly in tears trying to lie down afterwards, not too bad today though.

Have not been on much lately really just been working on nursery it is looking great and we have bought almost all the big things we need for baby. I will post some pics soon. I have been feeling major movements and Df has even been able to feel them. I'm also experiencing some back pain and I always feel like I'm short on breath. I'm so sorry to hear how much pain some of you are experiencing hope you get some relief soon. Also never shared name we choose we are going with Ryder Jeremy Blanton anyone else have any ideas on names there liking??

Hey ladies just a quick one. We've got the 20 week scan today in precisely 5 hours not that am counting. Slightly nervouse but am sure everything will be ok. Keep ur FX please ladies xx

Fingers are crossed for you bumblebee, best of luck.

wannanewbaby - you're making me feel rather unprepared haha. We've only had an offer accepted on our house a few weeks ago so we're still waiting to move in about 8ish weeks then we can start on the nursery, I'm so impatient I want to do it nowww!! I'm going to do a bit of baby shopping on Thursday with my mum, really looking forward to it I think my DH is getting a bit baby'd out.
Aw that's a lovely name, any reasons behind the names or just names you both like? We're really struggling, dh likes more unusual names whilst I like popular, pretty names. The only 2 we both can agree on is Keira & Isabelle. Some of my husbands choices I have to say are horrendous, I have told him this too :p I'm sure he thinks the same for some of my choices though.

We'll we went with Jeremy cause that's dfs name I didn't want to do a junior so this way baby has his own name but still shares dad's name it was a good compromise for us. I totally understand what you mean about some of dhs choices some of my dfs choices were terrible glad we finally found something we both liked. Don't feel like your behind I'm just super impatient I feel kind of silly that we already have so much lol

Gl and fx bumblebee!!!!

19 week bump

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 6
I'm so jealous of you ladies who get to pick out names this early! DH absolutely REFUSES to even think of names before the baby is born. He claims he needs to 'see the baby' first. So I just write my names down and bring the list to the hospital. :) I tend to gravitate towards names my DH calls 'grandparent names' (names you'd find in your grandparents generation or older) but I prefer 'vintage names'. That way my kids names are unique but not weird, and cute enough because they are coming back in style. I'm currently liking Vera for a girl but DH vetoed that one with DD so don't think it'll make the cut. Booo...

All was absolutely fine with our scan we stayed team yellow. Can't wait to meet little one in July. Found out I have an anterior placenta not quite sure wat it means or if its a bad thing. I have just heard a lot a ladies talk about it on hear saying they don't feel baby as much or they have very bad back pain x
We have two names so far one boy & one girl but I told dh that we need a few more incase people we know choose a similar name. We have 2-3 other couples due a few week before us

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->