July 2014 rainbows :)

Dairy I think vintage names are beautiful as we'll but my Df also did not like any. I'm sure you guys will come up with the perfect name for your lo that you both love.

Bumblebee glad scan went well we get to see our little man again thurs I can't wait!! He was measuring ahead at early gender scan if he still is they may change my due date I don't mind sooner is better :)

Oh my achin' back...*sigh* the chiro worked me in yesterday and got my pelvis unkinked but it took alot of massaging to get my lower back muscles to relax enough to do anything with my bones. I felt pretty good yesterday then but now today, it's right back to where I started. Ugh. Hoping to do some light exercise tonight (mostly just walking at work) and FX all these yoga stretches help loosen things up.

Sorry your having such a achy back dairymama :(

We had our 20 week scan today I was told I also have a anterior placenta don't know why they didn't mention it at 16 week scan he is still measuring ahead but said they don't change due date unless there is a 2 week difference. Overall though scan went great and she said everything looked as it should :)

@wannanewbaby I had my 20 week scan Monday & was told the same. Are u feeling baby move yet. Am not really sometimes & very rarely I feel him/her. Main thing I wanted to hear for my 20 week scan was that baby looked as it should & thank god we got told that whoopy.
So glad ur scan went well too

Bumblebee I do feel him move pretty good but only like twice a day during the scan I could see him moving a lot but didn't feel a thing so guess we he makes some strong movements is when I feel him. But I'm like you just very grateful to hear all is ok :)

So happy to see all the good scans!
wannanewbaby and bumblebee, I have anterior placenta too and I only started feeling constant movement about 5 days ago, at 22+ weeks. Yesterday I counted kicks during the most active period at night and got 40 kicks in 5 minutes! My ticker is off by a couple days, so I'm 23+3 now.
Anyone else getting weirdly numb/tingling legs at night?? It's kind of a painful burning sensation, I think the baby's pressing on a nerve or something. I have carpal tunnel syndrome in one hand as well, so one arm and one leg keep me awake at night. I'm starting to feel very pregnant, though I still don't look it...still waiting for a legitimate bump that people can actually see!

Wow ferozi 40 kicks in 5 min lol you got a very active boy :) I'm glad to know I can hopefully look forward to more frequent movement in the coming weeks. I apparently am having no trouble with having a apparent bump people ask me almost daily when I'm due and what I'm having I'm sure your bump is coming very soon.

Some days my little one wont stop kicking me and others she's rather quiet...I'm guessing this is normal for 22 weeks?
I'm quite obviously pregnant to strangers now and I don't care when people call me fatty etc but I had somebody say "you can tell you're having a girl, you just put weight on everywhere with girls" Can't say it was my favourite comment and I've not noticed it myself ah well people will say silly/annoying things.

A few people have told me that they knew I was having a boy cause my butt got bigger also not ideal guess with have to take it with a grain of salt lol

I was thinking the same thing. Quiet as a mouse...

As for me, I've been hanging out more on the PARL thread and all has been pretty good so not much to update about. I'm on monthly appts now and will probably have my GD test at my next appt. Last week's appt went well other than it was a last minute appt to check for leaking amniotic fluid. No worries there though. Dr said it's just pregnancy induced incontinence. :dohh: Felt silly afterward but dr said it was the right thing to do to get checked out in case it HAD been amniotic fluid.

Hi Ladies,

all good here, not sure if I told you all but I have an anterior placenta found out at my 20 week scan so hadn't been feeling baby. Well I started feeling baby last week and on Saturday my Hubby felt baby properly for the first time :happydance:

in fact 4 months today is my due date ekkk gosh am so excited. I think it will fly by now as I have midwife appointments every 2 weeks till my due date now.

We have started doing the nursery and its looking beautiful, much nicer than our own bedroom.

hope the rest of you are doing well.

I was thinking same thing :) all good here as we'll been feeling baby very regularly and loving that got almost everything we need for him just waiting for that due date me and Df are getting so excited!! Hope everyone is well

Had my 25 week midwife appointment today and shes sending me for physio, I knew the pain I've been in couldn't be normal. Took her a while to find heartbeat too which worried me! My blood pressure is quite low but not enough to worry and everything else looks good, fundal height was measuring bang on too.

dairy - I've had the same with leakage but midwife said she didn't think it was amniotic fluid because it had stopped now. Seems a little strange advice but if I have anymore I'm to ring in.

wannanewbaby - glad you're both doing well, you're so prepared I still don't have anywhere for her to sleep yet!

bumblebee - I'm glad you're feeling movement now :) any reason you're seeing midwife every 2 weeks now? Is that normal where you are? I saw mine for the first time in 10 weeks and now it's every 3 weeks, kind of wish it was more because I worry so much and don't want to bother them with a phone call everyday.

Does anybody have anymore scans coming up?

Loup-When I went in for the leakage, the dr checked amniotic fluid levels around the baby with an ultrasound and then did a swab of my cervix. He then swiped the swab across a strip of yellow tape and said, "It didn't turn blue so it's not amniotic fluid." I saw the package the tape came in. It's the same tape I've used to check my pH levels at home! :dohh: So pretty much you can do the test at home if you have a pH kit. And mine is pretty intermittant. Sometimes I have damp undies to the point where I need to change them multiple times a day and other days I'm fine the whole day. And mostly it smells like wee now. But the dr also said it could be due to sweat too. Ahh, the joys of being pregnant...Big huge whale of a belly, toes in my ribs and fists on my bladder, boobs that are the size and shape of basketballs (but nowhere near as light), and now sweaty lady bits...Yeehaw...

Lol dairy I can't help but laugh cause so much you said sounded bang on for me as well!! I also have been having a few feet to the ribs and I get this weird pressure on my bladder I will assume is him. No big boobs but I am very small chested to begin with. I to seem to be much wetter somedays then others never thought of sweat how lovely!! I would love it if we all posted some bump pics I would love to see how everyone is coming along :)

Loup once I get curtains and stuff up I will post pics of his nursery don't feel bad I truely think I got carried away and rushed its gonna leave me with a long wait for him to come

@loup maybe it's every 3 weeks opps I just put it in my works diary so I may have miscalculated lol baby brain & all. My 25 week check up is a week on Monday. Wat do ur midwife do or check.

@diary that is too funny ha ha ha. Agreed you sure have pointed out the best side of pregnancy :laugh2:

@wanna that will be nice to see each others nurseries. Did you find out what ur having, wat colours ur nursery

haha dairy you summed it up perfectly, not the most attractive few months of my life. I got home from work yesterday at 4pm and in the time it took my husband to make me a cuppa I'd changed into PJs and was in bed. That's good to know about the Ph kit, shame they don't mention this it could stop a lot of worried phone calls.

wannanewbaby - my boobs are the only thing that aren't getting bigger and the one thing I wouldn't mind if they did! typical! I'll see if I can get a bump pic and upload it at some point over the weekend. I'd love to see pics when its all done, I need some nursery inspiration. We haven't moved house yet so I can't start and it's so frustrating.

Bumblebee - She just asked if I had any issues/ problems, checked blood pressure, asked about babys movement then had me lie down while she felt where baby was lying, measured bump and listened to heartbeat. I was probably there for about 10 mins it was nice and simple. I did think she would weigh me which I worried about but she didn't so I went without breakfast for nothing haha.

We'll so much for my nursery lol we had been looking at a house a bam bought it today but Df promised to re create what we did in his room here at new house. I'm excited though I love the house!! His nursery here is light blue on top and tan on bottom we did chair rail on the walls and I spelled his name in wooden letters above crib. I will def post a bump pic this weekend!!

Loup I also def wouldn't mind my breast to grow but they def have not!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->