July 2014 rainbows :)

@wanna ohh wow wat amazing news. How long do u think it will take for the sale to go through. Your current nusery sounds fab though, ull defo have to recreate

Think I need my boobies to stop growing now, so far there a 36dd & am only 4ft10 so looking pretty big lol. Ill post a bump pic too once am up give me half an hour or so ;)

We can move in when ready but we had carpets cleaned and were gonna paint and get some new appliances so we probably won't move for at least a week. But I am def recreating what I did here I sent pic to my mom and she said its so cute we have to do it again lol only good thing about moving while pregnant no lifting for this girl :)

Happy Mother's Day to all u current mummies & soon to be mummies xxx

happy mother's day to UK mummies! we celebrate in may over here.
ive finally got a legitimate bump and for the first time a stranger asked when im due, i was so excited :)
glucose test came back normal, im not sure why i was nervous because im normal weight, active and have a healthy diet-but the thought of potentially giving up my sugar cravings was scary haha!
is anyone else's weight gain following a random pattern btw? mine isn't consistent at all, it seems to come in spurts-ill go weeks without gaining anything and then suddenly put on 3lbs in a couple of days. i know every pregnancy is different and all that, but all the guidelines seem to suggest gaining 1lb a week and that's not happening for me.

ferozi-that's my weight gain pattern too. I'm stuck at one weight for a few appts (maybe even go down a pound or two) and then BAM I'm up 5 lb in 2 weeks. I'm nervous about my next appt though as I'm pretty sure I'll be having my GD test (haven't failed it before but you never know...) and my bp was elevated last appt. Dr said it was prob due to stress (I was worried about leaking fluids but turned out to be nothing) but preeclampsia is on my mind now. Ugh.

I'm exactly the same - the weight comes on in spurts. I'm sure that 1lb a week must just be averaged over the entire 9 months, not an indication of actual gain.

Mine was elevated too at today's appointment and I had the exact same concern as you re: preeclampsia. I can't say I was stressed either, but I had just had a salty lunch and long drive in this awful hot weather, so that could be it. I'm supposed to monitor mine at home every day and go in if it gets any higher.
Just wondering-does anyone here have experience with or plans for natural childbirth? I've been listening to hypnobirthing tracks and trying to prepare mentally, but as this is my first I don't know what to expect at all! Also, I can't opt for epidural even if I wanted one because of a bleeding disorder, so I have no choice but be confident about this natural thing! Encouragement and/or stories would be helpful :)

I had natural hospital births with DS and DD, though it was more because I was more scared of the epidural needle than labor. :haha: (I also opted against the IV meds that take the edge off because I've gotten sick after being given similar meds and was warned I could have the same thing happen.) As for pain control, I did the breathing exercises we were taught in our childbirthing class, watched TV to distract myself, walked the halls with DH (they wouldn't let me out of the bed unless someone was with me) until I couldn't stand through a contraction, sat on the birthing ball, and had DH put counter-pressure on my lower back when I hit transition. And, honestly, it wasn't that bad. Once it started kicking up a notch to the point where I was thinking about pain meds, I was already in transition and it was less than an hour later I was ready to push so I wouldn't have had time to get meds anyway. And once you start pushing, you are bearing down enough to cancel out most of the contraction pain. At least that's how it was for me.

We had our 4d scan yesterday and she is definitely a girl, not to mention so beautiful, she sucked her thumb and was resting her head on her hand, exactly how me and my husband sleep :) I keep forgetting this bump pic I'll have to get one sorted.

oh wow wannanewbaby! Time to start again, how exciting though. Are you stressed about the move? I'm totally fed up with the chain going on with our house, we're ready to move but they aren't arghh!

ferozi - I've given up weighing myself It was getting depressing, one week no gain the next 3/4lbs! Birth plans...not too sure there, I'm terrifed after my mc, it was so incredibly painful I just don't know how I'll cope so I've said I'll just have to go with whatever happens. I wouldn't worry about not having an epidural, most women I know don't intend to have one anyway.

dairy - I'm worried about GD too but at least they test so things can get sorted out if anything like that is to happen. My midwife was surprised when my bp was low so maybe it's not so uncommon to have slightly elevated reading? I'm sure you'll be fine :)

Think we're just about finished doing babys nusery, just need to get a large rug & arm chair. Wat do you ladies think x

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 7
Think it looks better in person as the strips look pretty harsh on the pic but the room can take it as its quite big

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 6
Bumblebee that is absolutely beautiful to me what a amazing nursery!! I will take a few pic of ours even though it isn't done. And I will also do a bump pic since it was my idea lol

As for the house we have changed our minds the seller started making changes as last minute we just backed out and got our money back I'm ok with it because didn't feel like right time me and Df decided to start looking again when he is around 1.

Hope everyone is feeling and doing great :)

bumblebee your nursery is stunning! It all works so well together, I love the stripes on the wall and even your curtain tie backs, so cute! AHH how crazy is it were at the nursery decorating stage already haha.

wannanewbaby - That's bit annoying about the house but saves you redoing the nursery, moving is quite stressful too I can't say I'm looking forward to our move. I'm glad you got your money back too.

AFM - I'm doing great thanks :) went to hospital on Thursday night due to no movement from baby, I literally tried everything to get her moving but nothing worked, turns out she was just fine and hasn't stopped moving since. The midwife there was fab though and told me I did the right thing and to come back if she ever does it again just to be sure shes ok. I can't believe how much bigger my bump is in just a week, I think she's had a bit of a growth spurt going on!

Suppose I'll go first then :p

Attachments

• bump.JPG
    bump.JPG
    9.8 KB · Views: 7
Loup your bump is beautiful and actually quite small to me. And I def agree you did right thing going if she wasn't moving. I'm going to call my doc in morning due to a major increase in bh today I'm trying to increase my fluid intake and see if that helps. I'm so happy that we all have made it this far July is going to be a Amazing month!!!

Excuse mess in pic took pic at house my Df is doing construction on lol

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 6
Thanks ladies, I am pretty pleased looking forward for some more nursery pics. Wow everyone's bumps are looking fab so cute xx
@wannababy ur rite July is going to be a very exciting month.

i booked in my antenatal classes yesterday they start beginning of June. I also want to book in a tour of the birthing unit just to familiarise myself with the place. Is anyone else doing classes etc.

Here's my bump pic

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 7
Omg everyone has the cutest bumps!! I am not doing any classes or anything but maybe I should might look into that. Me and Df have decided to do another 3d/4d scan at 30 weeks so I'm really excited about that looking forward to being able to see some of little mans features :)

I did the classes when I was expecting my son but it was only because I wanted to learn about natural labor techniques (like breathing) and tour the maternity ward. I felt I didn't need any of the baby care stuff because I am the oldest of 7 kids and changing diapers, feeding babies, and bathing little ones was nothing new to me but I did end up learning alot anyway. I was glad I went. However, this is my 3rd child and I don't think I'd learn anything new. The only thing I'd possibly like is a tour of the maternity ward at the new hospital I'm delivering at and I might be able to set up that up on my own.

Ugh...Magnesium deficiency is not fun. How do I know I'm deficient? Easy. I get instant constipation if I don't take a magnesium supplement every day. And by instant constipation, I mean INSTANT constipation. Nothing relieves it either other than my mag citrate capsules. Trouble is if you take too much magnesium, it can REALLY make you go iykwim. And I had to up my dosage today so I'm feeling it now. Bathroom breaks every hour and my poor backside feels like it's on fire. This is horrible. At least baby is making sure I'm aware that he/she has learned which way is up and which way is down. I'm getting bops waaayyy down low. Like millimeters from my cervix. Ouch!

anyone got the third trimester blues? i feel like my mood has taken a nosedive since i was about 27 weeks and its getting worse. im tired and sad all the time and don't understand why, this pregnancy has been physically very easy, i was happy and excited till just a while ago-now nothing seems to cheer me up. i feel guilty for feeling this way because this is our rainbow baby and i have so much support from family, but i still feel really alone all the time. dh and i were the youngest in our group of friends to be married (we've been together since middle school, so same friends) and now we're the first to be having a child and it's just...lonely. not a single one of my female friends has really been around this whole pregnancy and i don't feel like i can talk to any of them about stuff on my mind anymore. we don't go out on weekends anymore since all our friends smoke and every place they hang out is smoky. nobody has made an effort to include us or take any real interest in the pregnancy and a few of our closest friends moved abroad this year. maybe im feeling it more cause im hormonal? i don't know.
also, we're really not that young, we're both 26 and i never thought i would feel like such an anomaly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->