July & August 2021 Due Date Babies!

Charlie I had that before when it goes in & out, it looked a bit weird! Well it will be lovely to have another girl, I don't have one but sisters are the best! Coming from someone who also has two girls.

Finally hit 20 weeks today!! :happydance:
It would've been scan day but when I got the appointment I wanted it on a day I was at work.. I'm not in that job anymore :dohh: nevermind!

@kittiecat I still have my SC Pioneer and its the same size as yours. I agree they are quite bulky prams but I think that's mostly down to the chassis? We were also 'advised' to sell ours on because everyone was saying two kids was enough (my youngest is my partner's only child), like their opinion mattered if we wanted another one :-k
But we kept it and I'm so glad we did cos deep down I knew we wanted one more.

Yeah think it is down to the chassis. I quite liked how sturdy it felt though. Like yeah it was slightly bulkier but it felt solid and I felt really happy putting a newborn in it. I’ve looked at others but can see myself getting the new wayfarer again which I think is meant to be slightly lighter anyway :).

Wow I think that’s nuts that people would actually try to tell you when you were done having kids :lol:. I actually think it’s bizarre that people think it’s any of their business. Same as people who tell parents of only children that they “need to have one more!” Why is it anyone’s business?!

No don’t want to know but slight Curious too haha!

We kept our pram and car seat from our son so we will be using that. I loved it though it was a venicci one and it was amazing so :)

I have a big list of the car seats etc I want. I want a car seat that is ERF til at least 4 so it’s limits the market but we travel a lot so safer. In terms of a pushchair because we use a ERF car seat we don’t do pushchairs that have car seats on so I’ll go for one that has a carrycot for a baby and then when baby is older I like them to be able to be able to parent face and forward face, though tbh I’ll also baby wear a lot so won’t always use the pushchair

I have a big list of the car seats etc I want. I want a car seat that is ERF til at least 4 so it’s limits the market but we travel a lot so safer. In terms of a pushchair because we use a ERF car seat we don’t do pushchairs that have car seats on so I’ll go for one that has a carrycot for a baby and then when baby is older I like them to be able to be able to parent face and forward face, though tbh I’ll also baby wear a lot so won’t always use the pushchair
I think once baby is out of the car seat for babies which took my son until he was 14 months we will but the same one we have for him as it can be rear facing until 4.

Your son was in a carseat until he was 14 months? As in what you bring them home in? If so he must've been tiny!

20w scan tomorrow, so excited!! :happydance:

Your son was in a carseat until he was 14 months? As in what you bring them home in? If so he must've been tiny!

I’m so jealous I haven’t even had my dating scan yet :lol: Hope it all goes well!

Yeah he was very small he came home at 5lbs 2 and at 6 months old he was only aboht 13/14lbs

@MadamRose you'll be having your scan so so soon! It's always exciting to see <3

@Bittersweet that is tiny! Was there any reason or that's just how he was?

My scan went well & he's still a boy!! In my NHS trust they don't have green notes anymore, it's all on your phone. I went to check what they wrote just cos I like to look and all it said was 1 placenta, not low, anterior. I miss reading all the other details :(
Anyhow, here's a photo of our little one <3 also telling partner's family tomorrow since it's his birthday, not gonna lie, I'm worried.

20210216_204846.jpg

Lovely scan hun!
He was early and then spent a good few weeks in NICU and hospital. He had sepsis and seizures etc and was tube fed until a few days before discharge so yeah he was just a tiny baba! He still sits on 50th for height and 25th centile for weight at 3 so he’s still a little bit small :).

@Emsabub So glad your scan went well! Good luck with the reveal!

I'm getting really excited/nervous for ours in two weeks.... I'm always afraid they'll find something wrong (especially since I've had to be on anxiety meds this pregnancy since about 12 weeks), but I'm excited to see baby and find out sex!

@MadamRose you'll be having your scan so so soon! It's always exciting to see <3

@Bittersweet that is tiny! Was there any reason or that's just how he was?

My scan went well & he's still a boy!! In my NHS trust they don't have green notes anymore, it's all on your phone. I went to check what they wrote just cos I like to look and all it said was 1 placenta, not low, anterior. I miss reading all the other details :(
Anyhow, here's a photo of our little one <3 also telling partner's family tomorrow since it's his birthday, not gonna lie, I'm worried.

View attachment 1094733
Aww beautiful picture!!! It’s today!!!! I’m awake at 5.45 having had an awful nights sleep, starting to think it could be a form of pregnancy insomnia. But I don’t think worrying about the scan helped. Thankfully I’ve only got to wait until 11.15!

I know exactly how you feel! I've had the insomnia for the last 1 to 2 weeks, it's exhausting. It never started this early the last two times :sad2:
But good luck for today!!

How did your scan go @MadamRose ?

We told everyone today. Everyone was really excited.. except for partners sister (the one who had a baby 3weeks ago) We received a very half hearted, uninterested congratulations when the moment before she had been really happy & chirpy. I just don't get it? I made peace with the fact we had to tell people soon enough and there was a recent baby in the family, but her baby is here. Ours isnt.
Our son doesn't take anything away from her because he is not a physical person on the outside, he isn't due until July. But if she thinks he WILL be taking any attention away from her, her baby will be six months old by then. And if she's still expecting her baby to have just-been-born attention by then, I don't know what to think :shrug:

Nobody should be made to feel guilty for announcing their pregnancy, but I really do :(

Last edited:
@Emsabub sorry your partner’s sister didn’t take it very well. As you said it’s taking nothing away from her or her baby.

Scan went really well, measuring 4 days ahead (which is impossible as I used a donor and know when I ovulated) but they changed my date anyway so now due on the 22nd but I will go by my own dates if I go overdue in terms of induction or anything.

Baby spent most of the scan upside down and I have an anterior placenta. I told my girls and they were so so happy. Also announced to family, most took it well, my mum and dad (separately) were most shocked but by the ends of the conversations seemed okay.

218A5B25-3CD4-4DF4-95D0-AAA5A6901FEF.jpeg FE1E1A9B-4232-4C68-ADE1-ABFB80BA1CC8.jpeg AC8AD828-E754-4B32-B5B0-ACEC3B9ABA08.jpeg

@MadamRose and @kittiecat cute reveals! I'm glad scans are going well!

Is anyone else feeling crazy emotional? These past two weeks, I've been crying over everything... happy, sad, totally random too. :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->