July & August 2021 Due Date Babies!

@Bittersweet This is why we decided to find out the sex with this baby! My first is a boy (we didn't find out sex), and I've always envisioned having a girl. It took me a good long 4 months to really bond with my firstborn when he was born, and I attributed that partially to the fact that I had to call him "it" or "the baby" while pregnant instead of being able to put a she/he to him, or think seriously about names.

We did find out with this second one, because I knew I'd be disappointed with another boy. Lo and behold, it's another boy. Found out at 21 weeks. I'm just now getting to the point where I can accept my disappointment and move forward. I'm enjoying thinking about him as his possible names, and about having two boys who will cause trouble and romp around together. I think it's really going to help with bonding after birth too (at least I hope so - 4 months was a really long time with our first).

So if you had trouble bonding with your others at birth, maybe think about finding out? If you bonded right away, then you may be just fine---most people talk about forgetting everything else when the baby is born, you're just excited they're here and healthy. It just wasn't the case for me. I felt so alienated from my firstborn. May have been circumstantial given how his birth occurred, but it's definitely something I want to try to avoid with this second one.

@MadamRose makes a good point though---I think it's a smart idea to convince yourself of the sex you don't want, and then if it's the opposite, you'll be even happier! I'm not the type of person that would be able to convince myself like that, though :haha:
I’ve physically been calling this baby by the two girls names I have to get used to the idea - it’ll have a complex if it ends up being a boy :rofl:

@Bittersweet for me I bonded for the first 12 weeks baby being a girl and I have the perfect name but 12 weeks til now I think it’s a boy find out tomorrow. Purposely for that I’m finding out as I need time to bond and I’m just not keen on gender neutral clothes :haha:

How's everyone doing now? We are such a quiet bunch.

Life is miserable now. I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes at 28w exactly the day after taking the blood test, they were so on it they gave me the kit and everything the same day.

I was tested with both my girls and was absolutely fine but for some reason this little boy likes causing me trouble!! It's diet controlled so far & it's a struggle for someone who's OBSESSED with sugar and has a habit of missing meals out of convenience. It should only be for around 10-12 weeks though since they've mentioned an early induction which I've never had before :-(

I'm just so angry with myself I failed this time. But even though he's measuring smaller than normal he seems happy enough. At least that's one of us :sad2:

ugh that sucks hun! I know what you mean this is my last and want to enjoy it but my cystitis ramped up big time today :wacko: so painful!

Hi girls.
Hope your all well.. Hetic one for us.. As our landlord has just given us 6 months notice to leave after being here for 3 years.. We are deverstated as our plans for a mortgage have no gone out the window as we can't afford to rent a diffrent property in this area.
So it means new schools new start and am trying to get it all done before baby arrives so I can enjoy my last newborn. It so hard :(

oh man this is awful I’m so sorry and hopefully things come together I remember being in the same situation with my daughter Erin when I was expecting her.

asfm my scan is tomorrow they should measure my cervix too so nervous! Xx

@Danizzychar hope you manage to get sorted before baby arrives.

I was 21 weeks yesterday I feel so far behind most of you! I painted Thumper’s nursery yesterday. The joiner is coming today to do a few things like change the door so it opens the other way giving the room more space. I’m getting furniture Tuesday. Being on my own I don’t want to be too heavily pregnant when I put it all up!

View attachment 1097222 View attachment 1097223

gorgeous bump! <3

I’ve booked a 4d scan at 30 weeks I’m
Getting an nhs scan at 32 weeks as placenta is low lying and I’m getting rescanned on weds as baby’s legs were above it’s head so they couldn’t see the heart. I was made to dance up and down and jiggle like an idiot but so stubborn! Baby is a....... boy! We are doing a cannon with the kids they are so excited! D861A3D4-EC30-45F9-977C-0C47605C02D5.jpeg

I’ve booked a 4d scan at 30 weeks I’m
Getting an nhs scan at 32 weeks as placenta is low lying and I’m getting rescanned on weds as baby’s legs were above it’s head so they couldn’t see the heart. I was made to dance up and down and jiggle like an idiot but so stubborn! Baby is a....... boy! We are doing a cannon with the kids they are so excited! View attachment 1097413
Congratulations hun xx

Congrats on the boy, @wantingagirl! @Emsabub So sorry about the diabetes diagnosis - that really stinks. I've been craving all the sweets since about 24 weeks; I can't imagine having to give that up! I'm not sure exactly what the diet is for that, but you could look into Whole30 recipes for sweets that aren't really sweets. They probably won't completely satisfy the craving, but may be better than nothing?

I had my 28 week appointment last week, and baby boy is head down!!! Woo hoo! Not sure when he flipped, but I'm super pumped that he's not breech anymore. Now I just have to deal with the rib kicks, which are STRONG. He's a feisty one. Which is possibly unfortunate, given that my firstborn is already feisty. Not sure I'm going to be able to handle two of them.....

Anyone call their baby by a particular name throughout the pregnancy, and then have to change it when they were born? I'm stuck on one name for this little dude, but my husband isn't completely on board with it, and I'm nervous that when he's born, either my husband will kabosh the name choice, or baby boy won't look anything like the name I've been calling him. Just looking for experiences. :)

Congrats on the boy, @wantingagirl! @Emsabub So sorry about the diabetes diagnosis - that really stinks. I've been craving all the sweets since about 24 weeks; I can't imagine having to give that up! I'm not sure exactly what the diet is for that, but you could look into Whole30 recipes for sweets that aren't really sweets. They probably won't completely satisfy the craving, but may be better than nothing?

I had my 28 week appointment last week, and baby boy is head down!!! Woo hoo! Not sure when he flipped, but I'm super pumped that he's not breech anymore. Now I just have to deal with the rib kicks, which are STRONG. He's a feisty one. Which is possibly unfortunate, given that my firstborn is already feisty. Not sure I'm going to be able to handle two of them.....

Anyone call their baby by a particular name throughout the pregnancy, and then have to change it when they were born? I'm stuck on one name for this little dude, but my husband isn't completely on board with it, and I'm nervous that when he's born, either my husband will kabosh the name choice, or baby boy won't look anything like the name I've been calling him. Just looking for experiences. :)
We had a name for our son that pretty much stuck throughout

he’s not Called it haha!

I had my scan today we ended up finding out gender and she’s pretty sure we are actually team :pink:!!
Had my cervix measured too and it’s measuring 4cm so she said not short which is fab

I’m feeling all 30 of my weeks! Oof. I’m well into the physical third tri symptoms - back aches, leg aches, fatigue, short of breath... anyone else? I’m also feeling like it’s all getting real now. ❤️EF6E7784-73B7-4488-AAB8-0818EDC877EA.jpeg

Such a lovely bump @Impatient27 :)
I get that too feeling real. I've had two overdue babies and with this one today I was told I'll be induced at 38 weeks with steroids given at 35 :sad2:

Thank god this is my last one cos i'd really be put off if it wasn't!

@Impatient27 lovely bump, sorry you are feeling so many of the not nice 3rd tri symptoms. Though at the same time in rather jealous as still only 23 weeks here!

@Emsabub why have you got to be induced at 38 weeks? Sorry if I missed something and you’ve said before

@MadamRose it's okay! Because of the gestational diabetes they want him out earlier. I've made peace with being induced now if it means I can eat chocolate sooner :rofl: I'm just worried how painful it may be & how long I might have to stay in for. I know they'll want to check blood sugars for both of us a few times before we can go, apart from that I hope it's an in & out job!

@Emsabub that makes a lot of sense! Especially as it can make babies larger etc

Had my 24 week midwife appointment today. Everything good, measuring perfect (always did with DD1 and DD2 despite them being large) she said she is going to speak to her manager and see if she can authorise a growth scan just with me having a home birth to ensure they are prepared if it’s another big baby. She said from the heartbeat she thinks baby is a boy, I’d said to her that the girls think boy and she was like “well from the heartbeat I agree with the girls”. I mentioned my crazy strong braxton hicks and she said that it’s normal but that my lower uterus does feel extra tender, she advised I rest as much as possible, almost impossible with my job ](*,) she sorted my 28 week appointment for bloods and anti-d and then said “I’ll be doing your home birth check before you know it” which got me super excited especially as a friend of mine had their baby this morning! She was at the after birth part of my home birth with DD2 and apparently has been talking to the team about how amazing it was and what a lovely birth it was and they all want to be on call when I have this one :haha:

She said baby is already head down but slightly at an angle I did have a feeling due to where I’ve been feeli all the movement. She said baby can stay their now especially as I have big babies.

Well girls I'm on a countdown. 5 and and a half weeks left until he is here! We had our 4D scan again today, we had to go back since he wasn't playing ball last week but the anterior placenta doesn't help.

20210509_124757.jpg

@Emsabub wow 5 weeks is no time at all! I still have 3 times that left :lol:. Beautiful scan picture! I have a 4D scan books for 3 weeks time on my birthday! Can’t wait to be able to take my girls!

My 25 week bump!

958F606B-6908-48E8-98F9-13CD0EDF8B44.jpeg

@MadamRose thankyou! I know I can't believe it's so close, I never expected I'd have an early baby ever!!
That'll be so exciting for them to see their sibling! And even so 25 weeks has come round real quick, I don't know how long you've known but we have since 8/9dpo and it's gone so quick!

Also still planning my list of food to take post baby - I've got a pack of mcvities chocolate biscuits already in there, maybe a few bars of nice chocolate ;) If they tell me I have to monitor for 24 hours after & can't eat normally I'll be so upset! :cry:

@Emsabub your favourite sweets! Fruit and nuts as also good!

I found at in the evening fo 8dpo and yes in reality it’s gone quick I worry it’s suddenly going to slow down. I’ve just packed my emergency hospital bag - the hope is I never need it (except
to get baby’s first outfit out of the very top) but I like to have it just incase I’m transferred.

@MadamRose yaaay!! Do you think there's a chance baby might be earlier?! I guess it depends on how your last children were maybe.
We found out at the same time then! I was thinking last night how strange we've known about these babies for their whole lives.

I didn't get any nuts cos I'm having a lot of those right now under the GD diet :? What I did end up ordering was some nice chocolate from Hotel Chocolat. They do these packs called selectors that have 6 truffles in loads of flavours, 3 for £10 or 6 for £20. I might've got the 6 so my partner could have a pack or two for himself :lol:
It's a treat for sure!

@Emsabub yummy! I’m vegan so nuts are a big go to for me! My eldest was 6 days late DD2 was 10 days early. Midwife has already said she thinks I’ll go early as long as it’s not before 37 weeks I don’t mind, need to hold on to term to ensure I get my home birth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->