• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

~***July Fireflies***~testing thread

My temps are confusing me. So I woke 2 hours before I usually do. Took my temp and there was no spike so I was like crap no ovulation. Woke 2 hours later my usual time and there was a massive spike and would be what you'd look for a temp spike for ovulation.. so I'm wondering which temp do I use? When I got up 2 hours previously I didn't get up or anything I just woke took temp checked time and went back to sleep. I'm also still feeding the baby here and there in the night so I'm temping the best I can in that circumstances

My temps are confusing me. So I woke 2 hours before I usually do. Took my temp and there was no spike so I was like crap no ovulation. Woke 2 hours later my usual time and there was a massive spike and would be what you'd look for a temp spike for ovulation.. so I'm wondering which temp do I use? When I got up 2 hours previously I didn't get up or anything I just woke took temp checked time and went back to sleep. I'm also still feeding the baby here and there in the night so I'm temping the best I can in that circumstances

Hey dear

I don't chart my temps cos my sleeping and waking up times are quite irregular so I doubt my temperatures would be consistent. Do u use OPKs? I would rather go with what the OPKs say since OPKs are more reliable. I can't advise you about which temp to use though.

Can I be added for July 13? Got a positive opk yesterday. Already feeling slight nausea and irritability from the post ovulation hormone change. Ugh!

Yay! Welcome!!!

Hey dear

I don't chart my temps cos my sleeping and waking up times are quite irregular so I doubt my temperatures would be consistent. Do u use OPKs? I would rather go with what the OPKs say since OPKs are more reliable. I can't advise you about which temp to use though.
i got a positive opk 2 days ago but they are slowly going neg again but i dont ovulate as often as everyone so its hard to find ovulation, and im still breastfeeding so i think it may affect me too

i got a positive opk 2 days ago but they are slowly going neg again but i dont ovulate as often as everyone so its hard to find ovulation, and im still breastfeeding so i think it may affect me too

Then I would go with what the OPK says. If you woke up, slept for 2 hours and tested temperature again, the temperature wouldn't accurate. I did read that for temp charting for TTC, it has to absolutely be the first temperature you took when you first woke up after a long sleep.

Last edited:
How many DPO do you ladies usually test?? I so don't want to see a BFN which is why I don't even have HPTs at home. haha. I really want to wait until I go past my AF date before I test. I think I'm around 7 DPO now. I've never had any early BFP. I think my earliest was at 12 DPO.

Last edited:
@NightFlower hmmm do you see anything irl? I feel like I do but I'm not sure.
@cheerios ohh don't ask that round here haha :haha: I think a lot including me start as early as 6dpo lol but we're a crazy bunch x

I've been reading the testing threads since my BFP and cheering everyone on but Ive felt too weird about posting in ttc threads while pregnant. Since it's a new month and I'm finally feeling confident in this pregnancy I thought start posting in support again.

Cheerios, 12 dpo is a good time to test if you want to avoid seeing a false bfn. Most of the time a positive will be present by then. If you really don't want to see a bfn at all then wait til AF is due. I tried to do that for a while but it's hard to follow through!

Night flower I'm really hoping that line starts darkening up. It looks like it wants to be a BFP.

Good luck to all those in the TWW and those still waiting to ovulate. Would love to see a thread full of bfps this month

How many DPO do you ladies usually test?? I so don't want to see a BFN which is why I don't even have HPTs at home. haha. I really want to wait until I go past my AF date before I test. I think I'm around 7 DPO now. I've never had any early BFP. I think my earliest was at 12 DPO.
I test starting at 9 dpo. This pregnancy I got a BFP at 9 dpo. 10 years ago, BFP at 10 dpo. 15 years ago, I didn't take a test until AF was 11 days late.

@NDH they can't get rid of me lol :haha: I guess cos it hasnt sunk in yet I don't really feel comfortable posting in first tri either x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->