Mummy May is getting married 7th Feb 2014 :)

So I've had to return DD's dress, bought it in a size 3-4 (she's 2 now) and I couldn't even get one of her arms in because it was that tight. So much for them being big sizes! Back to the drawing board with that I think. May have accidently bought another tea cup last night haha! Things have slowed down a bit atm but my wedding fund is currently empty till I ask for more! Diet is going really badly, went back on the pill when I got my first real period and I'm on day 13 of bleeding and still needing chocolate :-/ hopefully I haven't put too much back on xx

Oh no :( The dress is really massive on my LO. although saying that, I've not tried it on her in about 8 month :wacko:

Don't stress too much about the diet. You've got plenty of time. Try not to eat too much chocolate or if you really have to, get some dark chocolate (if you like it, that is) because that is better for you than milk chocolate :thumbup: you'll be fine. Don't worry xx

Ohh no, I'm buying this dress for Darcey at the weekend, I hope it fits her!

:haha: how many tea cups have you got now ?

Errmmmm I don't know lol! I just can't resist them anymore haha! Its not a huge deal though, I will just teacup the place out :D
My daughter is short and she's not the thinnest child but she isn't fat either, all her clothes are 2-3 and fit her so I was really surprised the 3-4 dress didn't fit. I didn't wanna risk buying the bigger one incase that didn't fit either. Xx

Okay I have a massive problem. A while ago I wrote a thread about reception venues and asked if people would sacrifice all the little things in their wedding for their dream venue. After that thread we decided not to go for our dream venue and book somewhere cheaper since we didn't actually want to spend 10k on a wedding. Okay, so that was a big mistake. Over the past month I cannot stop thinking about our dream venue and feel completely sick that we booked the other place, I'm at the point where the other place just doesn't seem good enough and not a patch on the place we wanted. If it was just a case of cancelling, I think I would probably cancel it but people have booked rooms already (inlaws) and we've paid deposits on cars, cake and photographer (though they would travel). I just don't know what to do, I feel like I hate the place because it isn't the one we originally wanted. Someone please help! If I hate the place our wedding will be a disaster, someone make me like it again!! Xx

Ahhh huni, do you actually hate the venue you've chosen or is it just in comparison? You just have to remind yourself that if you had gone for the first venue then you wouldn't be able to have half of the extra things you've got. You wouldn't have all your pretty teacups and saucers. You wouldn't have your dream car. The venue it just the room. It's the shell of your wedding. It's all the little bits and pieces that make the day 'yours' and make it memorable to others :flower:

:hugs: I no exactly how your feeling I give away my dream wedding so me and oh could buy a home and at first I did a proper budget wedding and felt so upset and then upgraded a little bit to the reception we are at now, like oh pointed out to me does it matter where we go aslong as we are getting married you will make it special by putting your own little pieces in to decorate it, don't let it worry you to much xxxx

Thankyou ladies, I don't know if I really hate it but it doesn't help that their function room bit isn't even finished yet so I can't even go and visit yet! I just know its not a patch on the place we wanted. We are going to stay at our dream place for a few days after the wedding so I guess its the best of both worlds!. There's not actually much I can do about it anyway. I might have a drive out there today just to try and remind myself that's its still a lovely place xx

Ohh no :hugs:
I think you should deffo take a drive over and remind yourself of it!
But I have to say if you really really aren't happy to where it upsets you it's not worth it, if you want to change it and you can then do it!

But try your hardest not to compare, I think no matter where you choose there's always better and you'll always compare so try to think about the good parts about the one you've booked :)

I think its just hard because I can't actually see the room where my reception will actually be. I feel a bit better about it now, I know that I didn't want to spend all that money and thats why we didn't book our dream venue in the first place, we would rather have a family holiday with the money we saved. Spoken to my Mum and she said we could always save up and go there for vows renewal in a few years when we have more money if we want to. And I know she's right! I haven't been for a drive round yet because I'm feeling utterly miserable today and I don't think it will help. Hopefully I will wake up more positive tomorrow. I don't know what I would do without you lot! Probably have a mental breakdown haha xxx

I'm feeling A LOT better today, lots more positive :) I can't remember if I put on here but I bought an exercise bike and I'm going to join SW tomorrow as I can't seem to get my fat arse back on the diet wagon haha. I'm still really pleased with what I've lost so far on my own though! I'm going to get OH to ring his Nanna later to ask for some more of our wedding fund, I want to buy my mirror plates (I decided to add them so that my centrepieces don't just look a bit silly)... But now I'm thinking about it again, it might be nice to cover some board or card with nice fabric and sit them on that! Would look like a little picnic. Okay I should probably think that through a bit more! Xx

Ohh so glad you are feeling a bit more positive now :)

Did you join slimming world ?

The boards covered in fabric sounds lovely, that would go really well with your tea cups!!

Yeah I joined yesterday and so far so good! I was 6lb heavier on their scales than my own so I'm not going to use my home ones again. I'm surprised at all the stuff you can eat too, hopefully I will get to my target in no time :) Florence has been really naughty today, she makes me so angry sometimes the little monster. Soooo I bought a new teacup hey! Nothing wedding related to report today! Xx

Oh hun :hugs: I know how you feel, I'm forever having doubts and nightmares that it will all be horrible or no one will show and I'll regret everything! Thing si if you've gone with the big venue you'd probably be feeling sick about the money spent and really upset you couldn't make it personal the way you wanted it, which, like Aly said, is what makes it your day! It isn't the venue that makes the wedding, and I'm sure that once the function room is finished you'll feel much better about it. Plus, I've seen village halls made amazing and personal, and huge stately homes made to look tacky; it really depends a lot on what you do with it, and I love your tea cups etc (and I'm so fussy :haha: ). Anyway, £10k is crazy, would you really have been happy spending so much on the venue and missing out on everything else?

I would very much like to say no, but I'm going to say maybe :rofl: it will all be very personal to us though and I know it will still be amazing - I just need to get over it haha! Were going to a night at our 'dream' place next month, so I will tell you how I feel when I get back lol. I don't wanna speand the big bucks though really. I mean my budget now is realistically going to end up at about 6k all in, I couldn't have my dream venue alone for that hahaha!
Treated myself to a TB bag earlier, its just a shopper bag so was cheapish but while I was on there I saw a bag I would love for the wedding so need to have a think about that! Xx

:hugs: really glad that you're feeling a bit more positive now

How is your first week of sw going? xxx

It seems to be going well Emmy, I will be amazed if I lose weight - it seems impossible with the amout you can have! I'm having a 'free' curry for tea! How you getting on? Xx

I think you just have to think what's worth it and would it make your day that much better! We loved so many venues round us but they were all a fortune, like £10000/15000 just for the basics! We decided blowing our savings would make it that much better!

Ohh what's the bag like for the wedding ?

I'm sure once your venue has built the function room you are going to love it. Have you seen the drawings for it?

And I reckon you'll be surprised on SW. Loads of people I know are on it and every week they have no idea how they've lost the weight when they've been eating all that they have :lol: When is weigh in day? Good luck x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->