Mummy May is getting married 7th Feb 2014 :)

They're going for the 'prince Edward' ones from Greenwoods, I paid for them before Rory was born so it was one less thing to worry about, but I'm looking forward to seeing them on. I've got all of my invites ready to be stuck together now and I've decided not to put anything in about accommodation either , I text everyone to tell them if they wanted to stay then to contact the hotel directly (there's no way I'm sorting that!) and I know for a fact there's only 3 rooms left now, so if they haven't sorted it, that's their problem. My dress is due in towards the end of August and I'm really looking forward to trying it on again and it not being slightly tight :) xx

Thanks :) I've decided to pay someone to do my wedding make up and it's £50 for a trial and for her to come to me on the day so I don't think that's too bad. I just don't want to have to worry about doing it wrong on the big day! Also we've just sold the spare van so wedding shopping can commence again, need to fish my centrepieces and finish my invites first I think so I can pack my teacups away for Christmas lol!
Also, I don't want to pay for my BM to have her make up done, but how do. Say that to her? I just can't really afford it! Xx

I know what you mean about the makeup situation, I have found someone who does a trial and makeup on the day for £75 and she charges £35 for BM mother etc. I am just going to say to them I have someone coming to do my makeup, it is £35 or do you want to do your own makeup? I have bought their dresses, jewellery, shoes, hair accessories, I am not paying for makeup too.

I know what you mean about the makeup situation, I have found someone who does a trial and makeup on the day for £75 and she charges £35 for BM mother etc. I am just going to say to them I have someone coming to do my makeup, it is £35 or do you want to do your own makeup? I have bought their dresses, jewellery, shoes, hair accessories, I am not paying for makeup too.

I think that's the best way to do it. Ask them if they want to pay or do it themselves x

I just feel a bit stingy since her dress was only £30 lol! The makeup lady is on her holiday ATM so I will ask when she comes back. I have bought dress, buying shoes and jewellery but I told her I might not be able to get her a bag too - if her shoes come in cheap I might offer bag or make up, and she can buy the other xx

I'd send them a message saying:

Hiya, feel a little awkward but here goes. I am getting my makeup done for the wedding day and I'm really sorry but I can't afford to pay for yours too. If you'd like to pay yourself then I'd be more than happy to book you in, or if you want to do your own that's fine too! I'm really sorry, I wish I could afford it!

Going to pick my suits this morning eep! BM makeup will only be £25 so I don't think she will mind that at all :) ordered BM shoes and bag in the Debenhams sale for a grand total of about £38, pleased with that! I just need to find her some nice pearls now, she knows she is getting them and that will also be my gift to her xx

£25 is good, so I cant see it being a problem especially as you've got everything else.

She doesn't want her make up done, and that is fine! She had it done for her MIL's wedding and they made her look like a trannie so she had to take it off and start again and thats stuck in her mind! Thats fair enough :)
We went on Saturday and picked the suits and actually didn't go for the Prince Edward, we went for the tailcoat instead, in a dark grey colour with a mint cravat and hankie. MY GOD I almost cried, he looked so gorgeous in it - I'm going to be a wreck on my wedding day haha. Jason walked over to the mirror and said phwoar at himself so he was impressed :rofl:
BM shoes and bag should be arriving today, more teacups still arriving but I still want more. Going to order my fabric squares for centrepieces when they come back into stock on ebay and thats about it really. Need to stick all my invites together and order so small envelopes for my RSVP's - decided I'm not stamping them though! I'm getting really excited now, and also nervous! xx

Invites done! OH doesn't want to put a money poem in so we won't be doing that. All that will be going in is the RSVP and its envelope. Question though, do I really need to put an envelope in for my RSVP? I know I probably would, but do I have to? Xx

You don't have to, I think people mostly do it in the hope that it means people actually bother to return them.

Yeah I'd probably do it because it'd mean more chance of getting them back.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO after days of stressing, I have finally (I think) found my bridal flowers. So bloomin chuffed! From a lovely seller on Folksy called Blue Teds Ticket xx

We're just doing an electronic RSVP. Figured more people are more likely to do it if they can send a email or a txt.

Well Lozzy I have RSVP cards but in my invites I have written to RSVP to our home address or my email address so I guess people will have a choice. I've just payed the lovely Gemma at Blue Teds Ticket for my gorgeous fantastic bouquet, she's changing it a little for me but I cannot explain how bloody ecstatic I am about it, it is AMAZING! Need to find me some earrings now xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->