My experiment of OPKs as HPTs. HPT ADDED PLZ LOOK

here is tonight's OPK. it isn't as dark as yesterdays, but still undeniably positive. (control line on the left, test line on the right) will do an HPT with FMU tomorrow and see how that looks.

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/little_miss_em716/Photo1642.jpg

here are my OPKs from the last few days, one taken each evening with the most recent on the left:

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/little_miss_em716/Photo1647.jpg

And have only got BFNs on HPTs so far.

Those look VERY promising to me! When is AF due? Maybe it's still a little early to pick up an HPT result? FX for you!

I did another OPT again today (yes, I'm nuts). The one on Sunday was DEFINITELY positive...the one yesterday was negative, but showed a faint pink line. The one today was slightly darker than yesterday (although still negative). At this point I'm getting frustrated, too and think I need to put the box of OPTs away!!!! HA!

ok will my HPT this morning was snowy white, not even a hint of a line.

I also bought some lower sensitivity OPKs (from ebay member called 'fertilityplan'), and I dipped one into my pee saved from last night, which I'd got that most recent positive OPK with, and on the lower sensitivity test it was negative!! So, I think that is the answer!

For interests sake, the higher sensitivity ones (the regular kind of OPK) take over 25mIU of LH to turn positive, and the lower sensitivity ones are 40mIU. Most women when they are not ovulating have under 20mIU present, but some women (especially with PCOS) have up to 35ish. When you ovulate, you need at least 50mIU present. So that accounts for false positives in OPKs when you're not ovulating.

eta - dunno when AF is due, lol, i'm on CD 103!!!

Just to give you a little background info:

I am currently 9 (possibly 8) dpo. I got my positive ovulation tests on CD 16 and 17. Since then my cervix has been all over the place and I have had zero fertile signs. Until today, when I got some stretchy CM. I get very little ewcm, even at ovulation. I have nver had it after ovulation before (that I have noticed). Last cycle I did ovulate late so I thought maybe I had geared up to ovulate and didn't and my body might be going to try again even though all other signs pointed to know. Long story short I poas (opk) just to make sure. I had sone tests at 5 and 7 dpo as well just in case I ovulated late again. Here are the tests, what do you think?

They are getting lighter aren't they??

I've had 2 :bfn: and an evap.

Attachments

• IMG_3941.jpg
    IMG_3941.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 26
Hello I was lurking on this thread at the start of it because I was interested in the experiment and I decided to do an opk each day after O this month myself, and the line never went away like it usually does. Not strong positives but 'clearly there' lines. I had a few early bfn's and then started finding my opks suspiciously dark near AF (usually they're bright white from a day or 2 after O) so squinted harder for a line on the hpts!! And saw one, so anyone with darkish opks here, keep squinting!

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 18
Hey Ladies...can I join y'all I also have a poas problem LOL and use OPK's till the end of my cycle!!!

Hi all!
Well Nomaly I have no lines at all on opk;s after ovulation this time Im having faint lines and they are getting tad bit darker..... so hummmmm ya neva know!

balldawg1026

whay cycle day r u on x

CD21 I O early @ CD 12 so I am 9dpo today....poas yesterday and today and the line did get darker so im going to TRY and wait till Monday do take another one....the :witch: is due 2/18/11

Baby :dust: to everyone!!!!

Left Side is Test Line and Right Side is Control line

Attachments

• 9dpo.jpg
    9dpo.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 33
Hi all!
Well Im sute i ovu 5th normaly cd15 that would of been 7th...
But check this,
I had a physic reading done and she told me id concive this cycle my due date would be 28th oct and if I ouv 7th as I should it would of been 31st so she knew i ovu ealer due to the dates she gave me and not goin by my normal dates ( if you get what i mean lol)
Il tyr n upload piccys... but Iv neva got lines after ovu! but id b only 6dpo..?

Thats a NICE BFP!!! Congrats to you and your new baby!

Shara thats my opk test today and cd 21 9 dpo i would love for it to turn into a +hpt :)

aha! lol....wellll....where is ur hpt?! lolololol! see, i have mommy brain! (symptom spotting!) lol.

To nervous to take one yet....I don't like seeing the bfn :(....so I see if the line gets darker or not :) so far it has, I'm going to try and wait till Monday and either take another opk or hpt I would be 12dpo on Monday and the :witch: is due Friday maybe valentine's day is my lucky day!! We have been ttc for 10 months now I am so ready for the ++++++

6 Dpo with BFN (strip lifted and ink bled on hpt)

https://i1187.photobucket.com/albums/z395/Jenniefaerie/IMAG0067-1.jpg

7 Dpo

https://i1187.photobucket.com/albums/z395/Jenniefaerie/IMAG0074.jpg

8 Dpo

https://i1187.photobucket.com/albums/z395/Jenniefaerie/IMAG0077.jpg

In person they're getting much darker! Will be interesting to see whether they get darker up to AF or up to a BFP

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->