November Sparklers 2012

I am going to get the frameless copper coil gynefix again.

i ve got the fabimax cosleeping cot . :)

My Anna had terrible baby acne, she went from having beautiful smooth skin, to red and bumpy ALL over, it was on her forehead, cheeks, scalp, neck and for a short period of time her chest. I thought she came down with some kind of awful rash.

Its starting to let up now, when she is calm and peaceful you hardly notice it, but when she starts crying and her face turns red the acne is more visible.

I had a first time mum scare yesterday, I was looking at babies head and saw a pulse where her soft spot is! It scared the pants off me and I was sure there was something seriously wrong and had to google it. Sure enough all is fine. But yikes I never knew that happens! Haha

Morri how big is your co sleeping cot?? is it meant until 6 months or could it be used for longer, it looks pretty big in the picture i saw.

well Sophia had her jabs today, yikes!! there were tears and oh it's horrible and now she's one cranky sleepy lady, bless her!

but on a positive note i got all my cloth nappies delivered today, yey! very excited to get started with them with the exception of the explosive poo moments!!

welcome janers! :hi:

lilbean - maybe because your lo was in nicu they told you not to swaddle arms in? :shrug:

i don't plan on using birth control. my body does a really great job of that for me. :dohh: :haha:

my lo has acne too although it's cleared up a lot in the last couple weeks.

I thought so too Cridge but here is Anthony so now Im pretty terrifed of getting pregnant again. :nope: I bought some Encare Spermicide and thinking of trying it before I just go back to the pill. Everyone please hope this works out lol.

I had a new mom/blonde/mom to a boy moment before when my oldest was younger I was getting him dressed after his bath and noticed his testicles were very tight and close to his body. Not their normal droopy self :haha: so I called my husband in the room and told him I thought he had an infection or bladder problem or something and told him "look his balls are so small and tight and close to his body, something is wrong" my husband laughed and said "Im pretty sure hes just cold" "What! Are you sure?" "Pretty sure mine have been getting cold about 25 years now." LOL I never thought about that before. So sure enough when ever he is cold his testicles look like that! :winkwink:

Lol Daddies that's so funny.

F&C my guy was literally up at those exact times last night! 11, 2:30, 5:30 until 6ish then 8! Glad to know I'm not alone since friends on FB with same age babies get 5-7 hours at a time, those lucky jerks! Lol

That's interesting about Mirena, I've heard if properly inserted its extremely effective! My midwife said even more than getting your tubes tied!!!!!!

gaia & F&C - I was up at the same time last night too! Well, nearly - 11:20, 2:30, he woke at 5:30 and I pacified him until 6:30, then 8. Crazy!

Daddies - Everyone warns me that I could get pregnant again right away - and my doc says that since this was a c-section I better watch it the first year - but everyone told me that after #1 too and it took big-time drugs to get me pregnant 10 years later, so I'm not too worried. If by some crazy chance my 10-years-older body does decide to kick into gear after this pregnancy, I'd let another pregnancy happen once, and then I'd definitely be looking into some good ol' bc! :haha:

Funny thing is, up until 6 weeks pp, I was in big-time survival mode, then suddenly all I can think about is having another baby. I don't know why - I had trained my brain to be happy with 1, then thrilled when #2 was a reality, and I was totally, 100% done with my family. But for some reason I just want another one so badly right now. I'm *sure* it'll pass, but c-section yikes aside, I wouldn't mind getting pregnant again in the near future. I'm sure it's just because I'm mourning how quickly my baby is growing - he's just so darn cute that it makes me sad that I'll never have another baby.

Regarding the IUD - my sil and good friend both got pregnant with an IUD in the last year. I know one was *not* the merena - I'm not sure about the other one. My sister has the merena and she never has a period anymore, so I can't imagine how you could get pregnant with no lining. :shrug: She loves the merena and highly recommends it.

Oh - and daddies - I'm freaking out about my weight right now too. I've been 10 pounds away from prepregnancy weight since about 2.5 weeks pp. I know I have egg nog and chocolate to blame and nursing to thank that I'm not gaining weight!! I've had SUCH a sweet tooth since Ninja was born and I eat loads of junk. :nope: I bought some sweat pants about 2 weeks pp and that's pretty much all I wear these days. If I'm going out, I have one pair of jeans and one pair of cords that *kinda* fit, so I can squeeze into them for a few hours and not die. It's very depressing. This is the heaviest I've ever been non-pregnant. :cry:

I don't want a baby right away as I just had a baby right away lol and it really takes a toll on your body and I'm only 26. But maybe one day and when boys are in school and I forget how all this was lol. We'll see. But I do understand wanting another cause they grow so fast, its so sad how quick its going by! My husband is very fickle. He says no more no matter what, then he says "now or never", then he said if its guaranteed a girl, then on his best friends whose passed birthday he said he wishes we had named one after him "the next we name Shane?" Then yesterday he test drove an SUV and we are buying it he said we can have another now that we have a car with room LOL. Then the other day when we were about to dtd i asked if he had a condom snd he said "no you can go get one if you want to use it" um not an option not too!! I just want some time to get back in shape, enjoy being able to drink or eat whatever and just enjoy being young and non pregnant :haha:.

Oh my goodness daddies - can you imagine having another one soon?! If I were you, I'd most definitely be using some sort of bc! Honestly, I don't know how moms like you do it. I had such a hard time the first 6 weeks and am barely functioning fully now (you want me to make dinner? what's that?!) that I can't imagine having 2 so young! It'll be so worth it when they're older, but I feel for you in the coming few years! You're super woman in my eyes! I know it wasn't planned that way, but hey, you're doing it - amazing!!

By the way - what kind of SUV did you get? I've been trying to convince dh to get out of my lease early so I can get something bigger. Not that I have a small car (Subaru Outback) - just a huge car seat that keeps my passenger seat slightly forward - SO uncomfortable!!

Morri how big is your co sleeping cot?? is it meant until 6 months or could it be used for longer, it looks pretty big in the picture i saw.

well Sophia had her jabs today, yikes!! there were tears and oh it's horrible and now she's one cranky sleepy lady, bless her!

but on a positive note i got all my cloth nappies delivered today, yey! very excited to get started with them with the exception of the explosive poo moments!!
it is 90 cm long and 55 wide o it should last a while. my lo jabs are in 3 weeks. 6fold vacc. I m pretty sure lo is going to be a single child.

Cridge- I guess being into a routine with dirty diapers, crying, waking up at night and making bottles makes it not so bad. Plus Anthony is pretty laid back but this last few days I've really been feeling the exhaustion and I've learned at this point taking them both out by myself is a no go unless I want to feel suicidal that day :winkwink: never fails at least one is going to melt down, poop pants, need to eat (Anthony), run around (Dominic). It's REAL fun when they both do! Lol

A 2005 Tahoe a guy my husband works with wants to sell it before he moves next month so he's really come down on price for us. Which is great! It's no fun having only one car I feel trapped at home and having to get both kids in and out of car to go pick up my husband is a pain! We have a four door Chevy impala that we will be keeping but with two car seats in back there is barely any room and double stroller in trunk leaves no room for groceries! And its a pretty big car!

I think our babies are in sync...

Last night - 10.30, 2.00, 5.00, 6.00, 8.00

LO is showing zero signs of STTN!!!

I think our babies are in sync...

Last night - 10.30, 2.00, 5.00, 6.00, 8.00

LO is showing zero signs of STTN!!!

Yup, went to bed at 10, was up at 1:45 (very short feed) then 5 until 6 (gassy and diaper change) then up for the day at 8! If he would drop the 2ish fee it would be lovely :)

Can't help but think if this was baby #2 I would have been up for the day at 5!

Napping in the crib is pretty hit or miss, he doesn't sleep as well or as long in there. And yesterday he woke up wet from a diaper leak and was VERY upset to find himself wet and alone :(

Trying to just keep in mind that at 8 weeks it's too soon to worry about future sleep patterns/habits! But why is it that everywhere you turn people are obsessed with where your baby sleeps and for how long? Does anyone else feel pressure to have baby sleeping alone for at least 5 hours?! It's ridiculous and I think it leads moms to feel their babies are 'difficult' or have sleep 'issues'. Happy for those who have that but not expecting it anytime soon :):)

Went out last night for dinner with DH and DS, he was such a perfect little angel and just sat peacefully in his carseat in the booth looking around for our whole meal! Lol Such a sweetie.

Hi Sailorsgirl! I think we are on little ones close in age together ;).. Army wife.. Oldest born Aug 26,2011 and little Anthony the day after yours! Nov 20,2012

Gaia- one thing I've learned as a mother is everyone has advice and an opinion on what you do with your child! Don't feel pressured or bad or anything just do what you feel is right! I hear stuff about co sleeping but its what is right for us. Most the "how's your personal life" or "how old is too old for you?" He's only 16 months old! And yes it would be nice to cuddle with my husband without a tiny body inbetween us but we have a spare room with a bed in it so the intimate times are as much as ever :haha:

Hi sailorsgirl!

I so know what you mean now Daddies, everyone has an opinion and tries to suggest why don't you do this or that, you're making a rod for my back etc, you shouldn't do this or that!! i pay no attention in one way but at the same time it makes me mad!!! i suppose i will learn to live with it!!

Hi Sailorsgirl! I think we are on little ones close in age together ;).. Army wife.. Oldest born Aug 26,2011 and little Anthony the day after yours! Nov 20,2012

Gaia- one thing I've learned as a mother is everyone has advice and an opinion on what you do with your child! Don't feel pressured or bad or anything just do what you feel is right! I hear stuff about co sleeping but its what is right for us. Most the "how's your personal life" or "how old is too old for you?" He's only 16 months old! And yes it would be nice to cuddle with my husband without a tiny body inbetween us but we have a spare room with a bed in it so the intimate times are as much as ever :haha:

Ooh yes, your eldest is just a month older than my eldest. How are you finding the age gap?

Wow I couldn't even contemplate another yet! I feel like I have always been pregnant, maybe in three years :)

Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->