November Sparklers 2012

Anthony is still waking 3 times a night. Usually three hours, then two hours, then two hours. Before getting up at 8am for good.

Wow S has just woken up at 5.30 am after going down at 8.30 pm!!!!!! That's 9 hours. Bless her I thjink sje woke up with a shock at being SO HUNGRY. Of course my bed is soaked with milk and my boobs are like boulders but I vaguely feel human again after 2 weeks of 2 to 3 hourly wake ups! She also has her 3 month jabs today, she was OK after her 12 week ones so hope the same today, not looking forward to her yelps though :(

Wow 9 hours that's brilliant! I would love 9 hours sleep straight! Darcy's average at the moment is about 5 hours which I'm really happy with. Before we gave her formula she would only sleep for 2 hours at a time. Poor hungry baby.

whoa! 9 hours is amazing!!! I hope she keeps that up for you Charlie!!

Ninja had a 6 hour stretch last night followed by 4 hours! Yay! I hope we're getting back on track with that! I was a little worried when he fed at 8 and then again at 10pm, but I guess that helped him go a bit longer. :thumbup:

I'm going to have to move him to his crib soon as his bassinet will be too small before long. I've been napping him in his crib for some time, but not always, and he never sleeps long stretches there. His best is an hour nap in his crib, whereas if I pull him in bed with me and we nap together, he'll take 3-4 hour naps. I haven't allowed him to nap in his bassinet lately (he used to take 3 hour naps there as well) because I want him to get used to his crib. So my dilemma is this... is it better to keep having him nap short naps in his crib just to get him used to it, or is it better to have him nap with me so he's used to sleeping longer periods of time? :shrug: *I* certainly don't mind the long naps. :haha: #1 never slept much during the day and I had to do some serious nap training with him, so I don't know what to do with a baby that will sleep and sleep as long as he's in bed with me. What do you girls think?

Wish I could help Cridge but these kids run sleep time over here :winkwink: where ever Anthony falls asleep is where he sleeps for nap. If its my arms then I just put him wherever :haha: I think whatever is easiest is the way to go! I'd think though that sleeping in bassinet and crib won't be you much of a transition since he's use to sleeping by himself. It may be that its a different room?

I have no idea what to do with #1 how do you get a kid whose pretty much never slept in a crib, or a different room? Sometime this month we are making the transition to his room already stressed out about it!

Cridge I don't know what's better, but I agree that a bassinet and crib are very similar. If it were me I would probably opt for the crib if you are transitioning soon.

Hmmm maybe actually try to intervene before he fully wakes up at the 1 hour point, rock him a little and put him back down? I sometimes do that if F needs a longer nap but starts waking after just one sleep cycle.

So shot went OK...but pretty heartbreaking. His little face afterwards is still haunting me. I am such a wimp! Also I thought the ONE plus might be more sleep last night but he was totally wired and had a tough time settling after his typical 2 and 5 wakings. He wasn't cranky just wide awake! Arg.

I'm starting to really think about transitioning to his room for the first part of the night as we near the 3 month mark.

I guess I could start with getting him back into the cosleeper for the first stretch but I find our noise wakes him MORE in the cosleeper than right beside me in bed.

Also, what time do your LOs go to sleep for the night? He gets sleepy in the evening but if I swaddle and put him down he is only out 30-45 min and then kinda rejuvenated! I would like his bedtime to move up and I guess eventually it will but not sure if I need to intervene or just let it happen?

Mine stil goes to bed around ten. She won't sleep before that.

Darcy goes to bed when we do at around 10ish, then we feed her in bed.

I've tried to put Darcy in her moses basket inside the cot for a nap but she freaks out. She knows the room as we change her in there all the time. I've just got to persevere.

Cridge, is a bassinet a moses basket?? if so could you put him in his bassinet and put the bassinet in the crib as part of the transition??

The jabs are awful aren't they?! i found the 8 week ones easier than today as she was so alert and happy this morning, full of smiles that i felt so bad, but she cried, had a cuddle and by the time we were at reception she was all smiles again, so she did well!

Gaia, my LO goes to bed at 8.30, well we start getting her ready and hope that she'll be asleep by 9 but sometimes she's not until 10 or on a bad night 11. She wakes up twice at 30 minute intervals, we need to help her settle again but then after that she's fine and wakes for feeds but self settles very well. I really don"t think that 9 hour sleep marathon will be a regular thing but i can pray!!!

charlie - I think a moses basket & bassinet are similar. The bassinet has metal legs to help keep it's shape though, so if I put it in the crib, it would be super tall. :haha:

I've actually been using the crib as our changing table from day one, and I nurse in the nursery, so he's very used to being in his room and in his crib. I worry that he doesn't sleep as long because I'm not right next to him. :shrug:

gaia - I have my lo going to bed at 8:00 if I can. I try to make sure he's up from his last nap by 6 or 6:30 and then he'll go down for the night around 8:00. If he naps later, obviously, he's not ready for bed by 8. We've had fewer and fewer incidents where he'll go to bed at 8 then be back up at 9, but it still happens every once in awhile. I try to treat it like a night feeding so he thinks he has to go right back down. That has really seemed to help - no matter when the last time he ate was (even if it was at 8).

I think that CAN be true, but then I also worry my LO wakes up more at night because I AM next to him! Haha it's really hard to say :)

I think we are going to try and get him sleeping in his cosleeper for the first stretch again soon, and then maybe in his room for the first stretch sometime between 3-4 months. It's pretty tough to put him to bed before 9/10 when he's in our room because I don't want to go to bed before then and we would wake him up coming in once he's asleep and getting ourselves ready for bed...

That might be a good plan gaia - to start him off in his crib then bring him back to his bassinet after the first feeding. I think he might go for that. That would also help me with the transition. I don't know why I'm feeling so attached, but I'm dreading having him so far away when he's in his crib all night! Dh is camping with #1 tonight, so maybe I'll give it a try and see how it goes. Eeek. I'm already nervous. :haha:

I'm in no big rush to move either kid, they are only little once and there's plenty of time to make them independent. I learned with #1 once he was use to one thing he'd change what he wanted or liked then all those restless nights of trying to sleep train were for nothing. Especially if you are feeling attached I wouldn't move him. Like everyone says they won't be leaving for college still sleeping with mommy ;) I do understand though. We are going to move Dominic solely because we don't feel he's getting a good nights rest with baby waking up in same room as him :( we have his big boy bed next to ours but lately my husband has been getting him in bed with us. I'd move Anthony to see if maybe he would sleep longer but still the thought makes me sad and worried for him. So maybe when we move Domi we will just move Anthony to end of bed.

It breaks my heart hearing Dominic scream just because he wants to sleep with us. It doesn't bother us so why not! Plus the little moments like this morning when I woke up with Dominic's arms around my neck hugging me. Every morning he wakes up and kisses us then climbs off bed to living room where he turns in TV and lays in couch :haha:

The main reason is really what to do about bedtimes in the long run. I don't always want to go to bed at the same time as the little guy, so it seems logical to have him in the crib early and then when he wakes bring him to bed. I don't feel comfortable leaving him in our bed alone while we are downstairs and also us getting ready for bed would definitely wake him up, so not sure what else to do?

Also I really do wonder if he would sleep longer without being right next to me...I tend to shift positions a lot. But we will try the cosleeper first. I'm not ready for him in his crib at night yet!

I also think I would bring him in bed for as long as he keeps waking up at night, because I really love the cuddles and don't want to give that up yet either :):)

He is SUPER cranky today, just wanting to eat and sleep and cry, must be the shot catching up to him? Not a good time to change our sleeping patterns so I'll wait and try the cosleeper when he's back to his happy little self!

I like having my own room so I don't want him in our room too much longer, but I would definitely keep him in there a little longer if he wasn't almost too big for his bassinet. I don't want to pull out the pack n play just to let him sleep in our room for a bit longer. That seems like it would be an even harder transition for him.

Plus, I used to babysit for a woman that could never get her little girl to sleep in her crib or big girl bed. She was still sleeping with her when she was 8 years old and it was a major reason for their split in their marriage. I don't want my kid to not be able to sleep in his bed when he's that old. I know that's probably a rare case, but I was so close to it that it freaks me out.

I didn't think my movements were waking ninja at all, but we spent the weekend at a cabin for a sisters reunion, and he definitely woke to the noise around him in the middle of the night, so maybe I'm keeping him from sleeping longer..? :shrug: Although I also think he sleeps better with me next to him. WHO KNOWS!!! :haha:

Gaia - it could be the shots, but my little guy has been the same way the last couple of days, so maybe it's something to do with that 12 week growth spurt? I would pin it on the shots for sure except that I've been going through the same thing... and no shots for us since 8 weeks. :shrug: I hope your LO gets back to his happy self soon!!

I understand that. I think each kid is different too, some more clingy.

With Dominic he slept next to me for 6 weeks then in a small crib next to my bed till three months old. At 3 months we moved him to his room in his crib. He did great hardly ever waking but if he did he would eat, turn his night light back on and he'd go right back to bed no crying. Then about 6 months old he'd wake up SCREAMING. I'd try the usual stuff and there was no help. We gave him teething stuff and still no better. We tried letting him cry it out and literally every 20 mins you'd hear him choking from crying so hard. I mean we tried EVERYTHING! He'd finally fall asleep 2o mins later up repeat. He wouldn't sleep longer than two hours all together all night. :nope: finally gave up and he came in bed with us for about a month. Then we tried sleep training him in our room and that was a tad better but equally horrible. He's just relentless. Then he'd start trying to climb over his crib. Well we moved back to America TRIED again this time in his own room and same thing this time he was making it over the side of crib. Around 11 months I said screw this!! He's been with us ever since sleeping like an angel lol no more worrying about him no more screaming all night which makes him cry all day long cause he's sleepy. And i honestly feel hes happier too. I feel aweful for ever doing all that so I won't be doing it with Anthony. Domi was fine alone than he wasn't it wasn't worth the sleepless nights.

That being said ill tie him to his bed at 8 years old if he tries to sleep with us :haha:

Forgot where I was going with that :winkwink: but Anthony does seem different already. He only slept with me while I breast fed so not even two weeks since then he sleeps in his crib attached to our bed. He's much more mellow than Domi was so maybe his transition won't be so hard!

Yes absolutely if it was screaming or bedsharing id cuddle up no question! I have no plans for CIO methods at all, there's no way I could. Yesterday's shot was good proof of that. Lol.

And yah I think each kid is different, and they also go through phases as well! Not to mention good and bad days! Sometimes F seems almost like he just wants me to put him down and not even rock him for naps and others he has to nap on me! All in all he does well in his crib for naps so lets hope there will be no crying involved! Well, one can dream :)

Ps. Here I am in bed at 9 because he's exhausted! Not ideal but I guess I will read some of my book :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->