November Sparklers 2012

Yay Gaia!! One more reason why I miss the bassinet - I feel like it helped him go longer between feedings because I could easily just pop the pacifier in and he'd go back to sleep. Now he's half awake by the time I make my way down the hall. :(

Speaking of swaddling... Ninja has never moved during sleep, and we discovered awhile ago that he likes to sleep warm, so we swaddled him in a blanket and then have a couple other blankets draped over him while he sleeps. Last night I found him completely out of all blankets (including the swaddle), and laying diagonally in his crib. All his blankets were still formed as if they were draped over him, and his swaddle blanket was still formed as if wrapped around him. :saywhat: He's a little Houdini!! I guess it's time to get rid of the blankets and bring out the bags. :( I wonder if having him in his bassinet has kept him from moving because there was nowhere to go. :shrug: At least I had some comic relief last night while I was traipsing back and forth from bed to crib!

Cridge good to hear sleeping arrangements with ninja are going well. As for my little nonkey I had those 2 nights of 9 hours of bliss then 1 night of 7 then 1 night of 6 hours theb last night up every 3 hours!! She has decided that day time is far too interesting to eat so boring nights are much better judging by yesterdays feeds when she was very distracted with everything!! Oh well will have to make feeding time mega boring now so I can get some shut eye!

Daddies sounds like little anthony knows what he wants!

Developmentally Sophia is very very vocal and in that way pretty advanced but she doesnkt grab toys. She loves sitting up on your lap and is very alert and interested in the big wide world. Today I was out shopping and she was in her pram which she normally loves but not anymore she wanted out as she can't see enough in it so think I am now going to put her in her buggy on the flatest position so she can look around, luckily she is a long baby so she just fits it and her spine is still flat.

Hope everyone gets some decent sleep tonight!

Sorry Cridge must have started writing last post as you posted your last 2 and was going on what you'd said before!! Hope houdini settles soon!

Gaia yey to grabbing things, cannot wait for S to grAb but at mo not interested in toys!!

My LO doesn't grab or bat at toys, she will hold what I put in her hands and bring it to her mouthh, sucks on her hands and she's really good at holding her head and shoulders up during tummy time for up to 10 mins at a time. She can also roll from front to back. X

cridge don't you use sleeping bags? We do and it is recommended to do here because they neither trap themselves nor kick the blanket away.

I've only used blankets no sleeping bags or swaddlers. Never had a problem with it covering their heads before. Just tuck it in under their arms and its fine. #1 has always been a hot baby the minute he falls asleep he's covered in sweat! When he was a baby it would wake him up so we used a sheet to cover him. Now he rarely sleeps with a blanket at all. His pjs are enough. With A his blanket is long so it would take lots of kicking to get it off! He moves around a lot but like I said keep blanket low on bed/baby it can't cover his head.

Last night sleep was fine till this morning! He's driving me crazy with the few sips of milk then he's out snoring again! Ill tickle his feet or pull his gown up but still zzzzzzz. Guess he just wants a drink! Then #1 woke crying and trying to get off bed he did at one point and got his toy truck then went back to bed?? Guess he was thinking something would happen to it!

My husbands gone to training for 8 days ekk first time a lone with both boys! Yesterday was fine I hope that keeps up

I use a variety of things - we have swaddlers that have a bag at the bottom, and I use those a lot, but while he's been swaddled (since birth), I haven't used just the sleeping bag. We used to just swaddle, but we were having trouble with him not settling or waking soon after falling asleep. I started covering him with a blanket and he's been sleeping much better ever since. He never overheats and not once has he ever had the blanket come anywhere near his face even after the entire night (of course, I'm always getting up with him multiple times and redoing everything).

Now that he's in his crib though, he's learned to inchworm his way out of his blankets :shrug:, so he's now in a sleeping bag. Since he wasn't staying swaddled anyway, I was slowly trying to wean him from the swaddle, and I cut him off last night and he did great with just the bag.

I watched him squirm his way over to his favorite toy tonight. It was so cute! He has this maneuver that I'm not sure how he figured out - it's something between almost rolling over and kicking his legs/arching his back. He was very determined. :cloud9:

I feel bad for the babies sometimes, how aweful it must be to not be able to control your hands enough to grab something or crawl/walk to get it :) sometimes when I see Anthony really struggling ill just help him out and put it in his hand. My oh says I'm an enabler :winkwink:

:haha: lo can roll half way - only with her hips to the side . don't actually know if she could get her upper body around either as there is a cushion in her way :haha:.

Does anyone else do nappy free time? Hayden loves it, he always starts smiling when you start changing his nappy so I usually give him 5minutes or so before i put a clean one on. In that time he kicks his legs about and half rolls on to his side obviously enjoying the freedom.

Cookie, I've been thinking to give Darcy nappy free time. I'm going to get some disposable mats so she can.

Is anyone's lo suffer from cradle cap? Darcy has dry skin around her eyebrows and I think cradle cap at the top of her forehead in her hairline. I've been using olive oil first thing in the morning and last thing at night but it's not budged. The last couple of days I've been putting coconut oil on both and her face is clearing up. It has only been a couple of days so I'm hoping it will help.

I wait as long as I'm comfortable waiting after taking a diaper off and putting a new one on. We've had lots of fountains that hit him in the face and go all over everything else, so I keep a good eye on him and the diaper free time doesn't last long. :haha:

blondie - we had a very slight case of cradle cap. I've noticed that there's a fine line of keeping it washed and not washing that will keep it at bay. If I wash too often, it flares up, if I don't wash often enough, it flares up. My first had eczema pretty bad, so I only bathe Ninja once or twice a week and that keeps his skin nice and soft and his cradle cap gone. When he does get it though, I brush his head so it flakes off and then I wash him. I hadn't thought to use coconut oil, but I bet that will help a lot!

I've heard that ^ a lot about cradle cap there's too much washing then not enough washing. I've been told you can use baby oil though I'm sure any oil will work and a baby comb to get the flakes off. Anthony has greasy hair even with just a water wash so its not a problem for us. When it looks a tad dry I use coconut oil.

On days he drools or spits up a lot around his mouth has a little acne. Today has been really bad :( spitting up ALL day. It's a little mucosy so I'm not sure if his belly is upset or?? He's been very clingy too.

He has been chewing on his hands a lot lately! Guess I just had to say he wasn't doing it yet!

Last night was AWEFUL!! Up every two hours from 8:30 on then up every hour!! We took a long nap today me included!!

We've been taking long walks everyday since weather is so nice we live on a military base with tons of playgrounds all with big "tent" covers over them since we live in the desert lol so I look up and see a tent and say "okay! We're going there today!" So it gives Anthony some fresh air nap time, Dominic play time and me some exercise!

Yes, the fist chewing is getting serious around here. He prefers his hands to his pacifier these days, which is fine except when then thumb starts getting sucked on. I was a thumb sucker til I was 5, so I know how hard it is to break the habit. It's so darn cute at this stage, but I'm trying to prevent it!!

Daddies - that sounds great that you're able to get out! I'm anxiously waiting for warmer weather so we can get out every day.

Yup, hand and thumb sucking big time here! And reaching for a few toys finally! He's also OBSESSED with sitting up! Anytime he's reclined he grunts and strains forward and gets pissed until you help him sit up! So funny!

Daddies-the fist chewing I think produces more saliva which gets swallowed and then spit up! F has mucusy spit up often.

S has nappy free time a few times a week, I put her on a few towels with the heating on for about 30 minutes and she loves it! I reclon it's easier with girls as you don't get the fountain effect :)

S still has crae cap too, I only wash her hair twice a week and put almond oil in it. I guess it will dissappear on it's own eventually.

S is a hand sucker dribbler extraordinar!! She does use a paci when I remember!

Daddies sorry to hear you had such a bad night. Hope tonight is better. S is still totally random with her sleep, oh well at least there are some good nights occasionally!!

I had ninja do some diaper free tummy time tonight to avoid the fountain. :haha:

I think I'm going to have an early crawler. :cry: He's been bringing his legs up and doing the worm dance during tummy time. He can actually go a few inches too. :( My first didn't do that until he was getting ready to be on the move. Let's start with rolling over, buddy! :haha: He's been pretty close to that too lately.

Anyone else feel like their little baby is growing up too fast?!

Cridge- its been in the 70s the last few days! My face has a sun burn! Ill take it as the last two places we've loved has been a winter wonderland :haha:

I feel like time is going fast! Its February and he's almost 3 months! Mind blowing! I love the baby stage but I really love the age my oldest is now! When they take on their own personalities and you can see them learn something new everyday :) little sponges! Plus sleeping longer and feeding themselves isn't too bad either :winkwink: A will be there before too long so I better take it all in now while I can!

Funny story about #1 being a sponge :) he's being saying "oh wow!" A lot lately.. Well I have a scale in our bathroom you tap to turn on then step on it.. Well tonight he taps it, steps on it, it says 24.7 and he says "oh wow!" Lol oops think I may need to weigh myself in private from now on and not feel "oh wow" when I see number :haha:

Gaia- thanks! That makes since I suppose. He's not been acting any different just spitting up like crazy!

Charlie- thanks! So far so good tonight! I can only really get on here during feedings at night on my phone, something to keep me from falling asleep ;) so its 1am and he went down at 9 with no crying! Hopefully he sleeps good tonight, I've been drinking my coffee black and strong in the morning just to get me through till about noon!

Time is definitely flying by, i was so sad when Darcy moved up to size 2 nappies and started growing out of her clothes!
Thanks for your advice with the cradle cap, we bath her twice a week. Her face is a lot better, it's only day 3 of using the coconut oil on her head so we will see.
She went 7 and a half hours last night! She stirred a few times but I just put her soother back in and stroked her face and she went back to sleep.
Happy Friday!

Clever thinking Cridge with the nappy free tummy time! S does that too, she rolls but only onto her side and she can definatley make some distance with her wriggles!! She is totally growing uo fast, she turned 3 months this week and she is so long now, it's when I look at photos of her a month or 2 ago I see how big she is now!! What about some pics if all the LO's, would be lovely to see them all. I will post one of S when I'm on my laptop.

Daddies I'm the same, only get on here duribg night feedings on my phone, which is why there are so many typos, it's not my englisg gone to pot with baby brain!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->