November Sparklers 2012

Daddies- Aw poor lil guy :(
Charlie-oh I haven't moved him to his crib yet so I haven't moved the monitor. I did out him in his crib the last two days for naps, they went well....it was soooo cute! Tho I put him in there for his first nap and he woke up after awhile holding his head up just staring at his bedding like "woah! Where am I?! This is Kool!" hehe...he was staring at the bumper pads, they have monkeys on them....which yes I know u shouldn't use them but he likes to wedge his head in the corner and I'd rather have those then a baby who keeps bruising his head. And since I have the monitor I'm more comfortable using them :)

Oh daddies - the flu!! Yikes!! I hope Anthony doesn't get it! How scary!

Cute pics girls! I have a fun one from yesterday I need to get on my computer first, but then I'll share. We've started putting Ninja in his highchair so he can share in family dinner time with us (we used to just put his car seat on the table, but that was annoying). He can sit up pretty well on his own with the padded seat strap, but he's so little it cracks me up!

We're *finally* getting back to the longer night stretches. Two nights ago he had a 6 hour stretch, although he would wake up and squawk every half hour or so after the 3.5 hour mark. :dohh: Last night he almost went 5 hours. Dang - what happened to when he was doing 5-6 hours regularly?!

Charlie - your nights are sounding amazing!!! So jealous! What's your trick?! :haha:

Thanks so far so good with it not spreading *knock on wood* I've been cleaning, washing,scrubbing, disinfecting everything like crazy everyday! I worry a little cause I have a mild sore throat and I heard Anthony cough twice this morning :haha: they gave us Tamiflu for Dominic and tonight is his last dose!' Yay! He slept all night without waking crying or hacking, his nose was dry and he's been eating and drinking normally! He hasnt had a fever since saturday night. Only way you can tell he's sick is his cough and scratchy voice :nope: he's still a tad snotty but not as much and its clear not green whooo hooo.

Now I need a SERIOUS break!!

That's great Domonoc is feeling better

Darcy is a little sleeping machine at the moment. She slept for 8 and a half hours last night with a ten minute cry in the middle. I couldn't believe the time when she woke up!! Today she had a good four hour nap too and the same yesterday. I'm making the most of it while I can!

daddies - did they give you some tamiflu for you just in case? And can Anthony take tamiflu?? I would definitely have some on hand in case you start feeling any symptoms (which it sounds like maybe you have).

Blondie - so jealous!! :)

So this might sound bad... whether breastfed or formula fed... do any of you get really tired of feeding your LO? Sometimes I just feel like it's all I do and I start to dread a feeding. When that happens, I usually pump and feed a bottle, but then I get really sick of pumping. Sometimes I wish I could just prepare a bottle and feed it, but then I know I'd get sick of doing that all the time too. Is it just me?

Glad to hear dominic is on the mend. I love the sound of Ninja in a nigh chair, would love to do that for Sophia as she would love it! She loves been high up and having a good look at the big wide world. I really don't know how this has happened with Sophias sleep but now she's asleep every night at 7.30 up 7.30 to 8.30 with 1 wake up around 1 to 2. It's fab and seems to be sticking as a routine, I'm mainly happy to have my evenings back but I never sleep before her 1st wake up so I'm still not taking full advantage of all this sleep! I have heard of the 4 month sleep regression which scares me as that's only a few weeks away, hope S doesn't go through it!! She does do this weird crying noise in her sleep like she's dreaming, it's quite freaky, she needs her dummy to calm down and stop crying but she"s totally sleeping! Do any of your LO's do that??

charlie - I'm a total night person so it's really hard for me to take advantage of that first sleep stretch as well. Luckily, ninja has been taking his longer stretch 2nd lately, so at least I don't miss the long stretch like I used to! I've heard of the 4 month sleep regression as well.... scared for that as we're just getting back to the longer stretches. Maybe we'll get lucky!

Ninja definitely makes sad noises in his sleep. He sometimes gets a really sad face and cries out like he's having a bad dream, but usually he stops on his own. The last couple of nights I've had to go put his pacifier back in just to get him to go back into a deep sleep, but I don't have to do that too much.

Cridge, yes I know what you mean. Recently she has been taking a bit longer to feed too trying to bend around to look at everything and anything! When my oh gets in from work he takes over for the evening luckily.

Wow Charlie that's a great sleep!! Darcy and I were having a nap the other day on the sofa, she was half asleep waving her arms around and hitting me!!

Here's my little guy in his high chair. The first picture we had it attached to our kitchen counter, cute, but the second picture is what cracked me up! I attached it to a chair and pushed him up to the table. He's so little it's so funny! He absolutely loves being able to sit up so big though!

My oldest loves being a typical big brother and likes to load his tray (or car seat or blanket...) with toys or things that a baby wouldn't possibly use.... like a capri sun for instance. :wacko:

Attachments

• IMG_2471.jpg
    IMG_2471.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2477.jpg
    IMG_2477.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 3
Hehe cute Cridge! Since it was the hospital who gave us the prescription for tamiflu they didn't give me any :( not sure if Anthony can have any or not? Hope we don't have to find out! I wish I knew where Dominic got it!

I get tired of feeding Anthony in the middle of night! He takes FOREVER to finish a bottle at night bc he keeps falling back asleep! But if I lay him down without finishing the bottle he wakes soon after crying hungry. FRUSTRATING!!

My best friend exclusively breastfed her son till 10 months when she started feeling depressed and resentful over the whole thing bc she felt he was always nursing and attached to her still waking during the night even at 10 months so she stopped and started formula instead

Think I said this before :) I enjoy the baby stage but I do prefer the toddler stage. It's so much easier to just stick Domi in his high chair with snacks/dinner and able to clean or eat by myself. They can play alone, walk when you need them to, easy to figure out what's wrong with them, poops not so runny :haha: I don't want Anthony to grow up too soon but some days I'm just sooo over it!!

There have been times when I've thought about exclusively pumping, but I get really tired of cleaning the parts after every pump (lazy, I know). There's no winning. :haha:

A few days ago I pumped for 2 days straight so I could measure how much he was taking in at each feeding. Interestingly, he had 5 hour stretches both of those nights (which he hadn't done in a long time), then the next night, after exclusively bf'ing all day, he was back to 3-4 hours. :shrug: That really tempted me to just pump, but I know he can go longer stretches with ebf, so eh. Sometimes I just feel like I'm feeding him all day and it would be nice to have a break. Even when dh feeds him, I still have to pump, so I really don't get a break. :( I dealt with the baby blues in the beginning and not wanting to feed was definitely an issue I had at the time, so I'm just wondering if it's just me or if that's a pretty normal feeling these days. Good to know it's pretty normal. :)

daddies - did your friend's baby start sleeping through the night as soon as she switched him? I have a feeling that's why my oldest started at 6 months. :shrug:

Aww cute photos Cridge!
Darcy definitely sleeps loads better now I'm combination feeding. I wasn't producing enough milk for her at all so I had to introduce formula.

Lovely pics Cridge, looks very grown up in his high chair.

I have days when I feel like Daisy the cow and I really resent my OH his freedom, but those are very occasional and when I haven't slept well. Mostly I love breast feeding and thinl it's amaazing thing to be able to give. But I totally agree that I would stop if I started to resent S for feeding. I have started pumping a few times a week and get oout to the gym which helps me get a bit more balance in my life and loose some of this flab I hope!!!

Cridge- I think it took two weeks of ff and he was snoozing overnight!

My kids must not get the formula makes you sleep longer memo! I think Anthony's almost sleeping overnight he's down to one wake up possibly two.

Though I have mixed feelings about the bfing thing I understand why there is bfing support groups, its hard! The more I think about it I don't think I was ever cut out to breast feed even if there was no allergies or pain involved. I think if there was no guilt involved I would've never tried to bf Anthony.

On another note: my fat jeans are baggy and falling off! Still 8 pounds from prepregnacy weight and prepregnacy jeans but almost there!!

Wow well done with the weight loss!
I weighed myself a couple of weeks ago and I was half a stone away from my pre pregnancy weight. But I'm shared to weigh myself again as I have such a sweet tooth and can't stop eating!!

Thanks! I gained about the same this and last time but I was at prepregnacy weight within weeks first time! So this is taking much longer and even though I'm losing weight I'm still pretty much all flab :haha:

This weeks going to be a hard one with valentines day I already told my husband not to buy me a huge thing of chocolates as I too have a horrible sweet tooth. I seriously think I could live off sweets alone :)

I actually said the other day that I could eat my body weight in Lindt chocolates...and meant it!!

Oh my their truffles are my favorite!!! They melt in your mouth mmmmmm :haha:

Wow great with the weight loss both of you! I've more to loose than that. I never had asweet tooth before I had Sophia but now I could also live off choccies, especially lindt!!!

I thinl I spoke too soon about out great nights!! Last night wasn't so great! She went to sleep fine but woke at 1 for her feed and then it was playtime until 3. I wouldn't play with her I just lay there pretneding to sleep but then she eventually would cry so would try to roack her back to sleep and she's like no I want to talk mummy!! Oh my, I hope that was a one off, this is a habit I really don't want to keep up!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->