November Sparklers 2012

That's what I do with Anthony when he tries to stay up but that's usually around 5am. I just pretend to be asleep :haha: with both kids I refused to get up or interact with them when they wanted to get up before 6:30. If it was 6:31 then we'd get up. Now its more like 7 lol. Dominic is too old now he will just hug me then crawl off bed.. Few seconds later you hear TV turn on in living room :haha: wish I could stay in bed when he gets up but he can't be trusted! So we are usually up before Anthony which is nice I can clean a little and get breakfast ready.

Those middle of the night hangout sessions are the worst! Way more annoying than frequent quick wakings I find. My LO hasn't done that in awhile but I'm sure it's because he gets brought into bed when he wakes up. He used to be the KING of alertness from 3-5am. Ugh.

Taking the baby to a friends birthday dinner at a decidedly adult restaurant tonight! He's usually awesome but has his days...wish me luck!

U mean to tell me chocolate isn't one of the main food groups recommended?! Bahaha I have an addiction I admit it! But I'm happier with my chocolate!

Oh girls - you should have seen the number of brownies I've consumed in the last 2 days. :blush: I was told that I have such a huge sweet tooth now because of all the calories I need for breastfeeding. Don't believe it, but it's a nice excuse to use once in awhile when dh gets after me. :haha:

I'm 9 pounds away from prepregnancy, but even my fat jeans don't seem to fit me well. :cry: I'll squeeze into them when I go out, but I still spend a lot of time in my cozy sweats. :dohh:

So we have giggles!!! A couple nights ago during our "family dance party" (where my oldest son and I dance like goofs), we got some real giggles out of ninja! Not the kind from the bottom of the gut, but giggles all the same! :cloud9:

Breastfeeding is making me sad these days. Ninja does really well in the middle of the night, when he's sleepy, but during the day, he's pulling off and spitting milk everywhere, or I hose him down cause he won't stay on during let down. :growlmad: My nipples are still sore and when he starts playing his little tricks, they are downright painful. I've been pumping more, but as I mentioned, pumping bothers me too. I feel like I'm double feeding because I have to spend time pumping and then spend time feeding. And then I have to make sure I clean all the parts before the next pump... so I feel like I'm cleaning parts all day long. I'm not sure what to do. I really, really, really don't want to stop breastfeeding but it's just getting me down these days. :(

Cridge, the breastfeeding, Sophia pulls off a lot these days as she gets distracted. She doesn't in the night or 1st thing this morning when she is soooooo hungry...then all her attention is on the boob!! i think she goes for the boob for a nibble is when she does this so am going to try to fed her a little less frequently so when she feeds she is hungry not just after a nibble!! could that be the same with Ninja??

We have had no more middle of the night play times, but have had more crying in sleep. I have a feeling it happens when she doesn't nap well during the day as she hadn't on those 2 days. We shall see tonight as she had a long 3 hours nap today!

Made it back to the gym yesterday :) hoping to keep it up but will not weigh myself for another 3 weeks...luckily we don't have scales so the chocolate keeps on disappearing, i love that breast feeding excuse but i have blamed sleep deprivation which i probably can't use for much longer!

Yey for the giggles! we have had some too, again not the older baby belly laughs (cannot wait for that!!) but occasional little moments, so so cute!

Ugh I'm so worried! I came down with a nasty stomach thing last night. I don't know if it was food poisoning or a norovirus but I still feel headachey and have some chills today. We were at a restaurant and about 2 hours after eating I felt so nauseous. That seems too soon for Fp, and someone had the same dish but was fine!

Of course LO was sleeping next to me all night, especially since I couldn't find the energy to try getting him into the cosleeper. I washed hands, etc and have been BFing like crazy hoping he will get some antibodies but I'm sooooo worried!!!!

Gaia sorry you're feeling so poorly, i do hope LO is OK but it does sound like food poisoning, that usually happens 2-4 hours after you've eaten.

Get better soon x

Food poisoning is the worse :( if that Is what it is ŁO should be in the clear?

Happy Valentines Day ladies!! A day the celebrate over priced chocolate and candies :haha:

We went out today for the first time without the kids!! Much needed break even if it was under four hours before we were home :haha: lunch and a movie yippy

Tmi- I've seriously been on my period TWO weeks!! On and off birth control they usually last four days max two heavy two light. Not like this!! It was heavy about a week now spotting a week! Go away!!

On a good note guess who slept overnight last night!! Me and Anthony!! 9-530 then bc I thought it was in middle of night and he got fussy which pacifier stopped I gave him a bottle, checked time and was shocked!! Then he slept 6-9am!!

charlie - I was just thinking the same thing - that I should try to feed him less frequently. He's definitely been snacking and just taking one side a lot lately. :growlmad: It scares me a little bit to feed him less frequently because then I feel like he'd be up more at night. But I guess it's worth a try.

gaia - it does sound like food poisoning. :sick: For the sake of not being able to transfer to lo, I hope that's what it was. Take care of yourself! I've had an ear infection the last couple of weeks and mom can't be sick!!! It just doesn't work well. :hugs: Take care!

daddies- so jealous! It seems like everyone is getting at least one really great night. I'm ready for my turn! :haha: That's great you were able to get out! I love being home and am a total home-body, but sometimes I just need a date!!

I would think it's the bc that's causing you to bleed like that. What kind is it? I have a friend that bled for 2 months straight because of bc... I'll have to ask her what kind and see if it's the same. That totally sucks though!

Ortho Tricycln Ło the pill. All I can think is maybe I started it at the wrong time? I know you're suppose to start it after your period starts which I spotted three days then stopped so I figured that was my period and I started taking it that Sunday like directed. Lets just hope when I start the new pack it stops! My husband thinks I'm lying so I don't have to have sex :rofl: sheesh a two week lie? That's elaborate!

Speaking of :sex: we did tonight :blush: and it hurt the whole time and we didn't do anything new :shrug: hope it has nothing to do with the endless spotting.

I really don't mind taking the boys out with us.. Except the movie theater that's a big no! But it was nice to just be my husband and I. And we use to go to the movies all the time before kids it was our "thing". I told everyone tonight it was our first date :haha:

dh and i used to go to the movies all the time too. we loved it! but now we haven't seen a movie in the theater for months and I'm going through withdrawal. he thinks we could get away with taking the baby but I don't dare!

It's most Dominic no way is he sitting down a whole movie lol we useto take him and he was the ultimate movie goer! Would never cry just sit there watching or fall asleep that was till about 6 months when he could crawl and couldn't be kept in one spot. We saw the new Die Hard movie- ultimate dude flick lol. I told my husband it was ok but I need a kiss or tear somewhere in my movies :haha:

Oh ladies I think my Anthony is sick!! Since we came home from our outing he was acting a little off but still eating, no fever ect. Then we go to bed and he's constantly whining in his sleep :nope: so I feel him and he's hot, I take temp and he has a fever! Not too high so I Gave him baby Tylenol and now his temp is normal but he's still whining when you lay him down :( I have my Alarm set for right when our clinic opens so I can get him an appt. ugh! I was hoping this wouldn't happen :nope: I should've known though with Dominic being sick and Anthony has been pooping a lot lately multiple times a day when its usually every other day and only once.

Sorry to hear about Anthony, hope he gets on well at the doctors.

We've had a long day today, me and my oh took Darcy to both our works, we both work in central London so it was her first trip on a bus and train. She was crying at my work as she was woken up but slept all the way through my oh's work!! I need a nap now!!

So far so good for LO and DH. 20 more hours and I'll breathe easier...

My local theatre has parent and baby movies every week with lights, change table, lower volume...I usually go and meet a friend. It is awesome! I think LO is going to get more and more difficult through it though, he just doesn't sleep the way he used to!!!!

How is everyone feeling?
I feel like I'm getting a cold!boo!

Lo spent his first night in his bedroom in his crib last night and I survived! Lol slept 730-830 without waking up! He's a sleeping machine! Soo funny tho he still likes to sleep wedged in a corner. Oh moved him to the middle 2times before giving up. It's just wat he likes to do.

Lo is also almost able to roll back to front! It's so cute he's so determined. He gets to his side and gets stuck haha

We are okay :( Dominic is better, back to his old self still a little snotty. Anthony is much better but still taking the Tamiflu and snotty. I started feeling poorly last night :nope: low fever of 100.5, body aches, head ache and stomach ache!! I hope it passes soon. All I can think is #1 must've got it at park and passed it to us. We really hasn't been anywhere or around anyone but the park when this all started. My husband thinks he's in the clear since he got his flu shot, we'll see!

Anthony has been talking non stop! It's really cute. It seems overnight he's gotten older. We got giggles out of him the other day but now he's doing it everyday! It's too adorable, he snorts when he giggles. He's just a little piggy!

Arrrrrrrg. LO will NOT nap today and it's so annoying! I feel like I've spent all day trying to get him to sleep, and he's maybe slept for 1 hour. He usually naps 4-5 hours and of course now he's whiny. What is his DEAL!?!?

Hi girls!

daddies - I hope you guys are doing better!

lilbean - are you kidding? 13 hours?! that's amazing!! I'm so glad his first night in his crib went so well!! he's on formula, right?

gaia - I read somewhere that some babies will take short naps for a few days and then one or two days a week take good, long naps. I feel like that's what my guy has started doing. Did your LO sleep better today?

I'm really struggling with breastfeeding lately. The pain is increasing and I'm starting to dread feedings again. :saywhat: Seriously? 3+ months later?! I really, really wanted to make it to 6 months, so I just keep truckin' on, but I'm starting to doubt my ability to do that. Plus, I think he'd sleep more on formula, so it's very tempting. He has been stretching his sleep a very little bit... we're getting back to 5-6 hour stretches...sometimes, but I'm ready for a nice long consistent stretch.

I feel like he hasn't been eating much lately either. He seems perfectly fine but not totally interested in feeding much. I've been letting him stretch to 4+ hours during the day, but even then sometimes he only takes 3 oz. or less, or only one side if I'm bf'ing. :shrug: Then he's been cluster feeding in the evenings to make up for what he doesn't get during the day. I'm not sure what to do about it. I've tried different tactics, but there's just no way to make him take more than he wants. I've tried feeding him more frequently, but he won't be interested at all; I've tried stretching it out, but then he only takes a very little. :shrug: Let's just say feeding in general is really getting me down lately. :dohh:

Sorry you're having a rough time Cridge!

I don't think either of my ło got the formula makes you sleep longer memo! Though Anthony does much better now and still sleeping loads during the day.

The boys are much better, me not so much. It could be worse though! Just headache and body ache. Sunday I couldn't eat or drink without feeling like puking. :(

Now that A is sleeping longer and we almost have everything for the transition for D to his own bed and room we will be moving him march 1st :nope: there is so many reasons to move him but I'm still dreading it. I hate hearing him cry and I will miss him so much! Maybe I will be the one crying. I just don't feel ready to let go though I know its time. My husband says he's going across the hall, not college but maybe that's it! He's growing up and I don't want him too :cry: first this then next thing you know he doesn't need me anymore or want to snuggle with me and he's moving out to start his own life! :nope:

A little attached? Maaaaybe

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->