November Sparklers 2012

Thanks girls! It must be the 4 month regression. My first never went through that - that I know of. I definitely went with the flow more with my first than I am with my second. :shrug:

He must have heard me complaining the other day though because that night he had a 6+ hour stretch, got up yesterday morning and drank 5 oz. from a bottle, then fed every 3 hours yesterday and had another 6 hour stretch last night. :saywhat: I honestly don't know what the difference was....except that I complained about it out loud. :haha: Of course, this morning he's back to not eating again. It's after noon and he's only had half a boob and 1 oz. from a bottle. That's all I've been able to get him to eat all day. :growlmad: I generally feed him in the nursery and typically the drapes are closed, so it's dim. There's never much going on around the house anyway, and he doesn't really want to look around - he just doesn't want to eat. :shrug:

Crying babies really don't bother me. I don't know why. When they're sad, sad, I love the challenge of trying to calm them down, but when they're mad, it just doesn't bother me to listen to the cry. I don't do full on CIO, but I definitely let my little guy cry a little every once in a while. I believe that's how I've been able to get my babies to go to bed at night so easily and go right back down after feedings. People are always shocked that at such a young age I'm able to put my babies down wide awake and they just go to sleep. My first was much easier to train than Ninja has been - he was going down easily by 2 weeks old and we still have problems with ninja going down initially. I don't leave them to their own devices when they're crying - I'm usually right there soothing them, just not picking them up. My dh and I feel like it's the best thing we could have done for our sanity and for the sake of our children having good night habits. But I know others have a really hard time letting their babies cry for any reason - my sister is like that. I don't know how she stands to have babies around. :haha:

F has started going to sleep on his own now, not always but usually I cuddle him a bit and put him down drowsy and he will go to sleep. I think it's something babies develop in their own time, and I would just rather let him develop it with gentle encouragement. So far it's going great!

I have to say though, I really love rocking and cuddling with him so I have NO issue having to do that. I'm sure eventually it'll get old but I really love that time :)

I agree gaia - I definitely love snuggles and cuddles and we get loads of that!! I still snuggle my 10 year old, so I don't know that it ever gets old! Although, I have to say it *is* more fun to snuggle a baby! :haha:

Anthony has no problem falling asleep on his own as long as he has his pacifier! That's the only time he takes it anymore is for sleep. I read breast fed babies sometimes take pacifiers more or longer since they are use to nursing frequently and using the sucking sensation for comfort. So maybe that's why he's starting to refuse it more! If its not giving milk he doesn't want it lol but at night you pop it in and he's out!

I love baby cuddled but he's pretty "independent" where he's doesnt have to be held or rocked, Dominic was and still is the needy cuddly one! Anthony just wants you to hold him where he can sit up in your lap and stare at everything going on! You try to lay him back and he fusses you let him sit back up he's happy! I really can't wait till he can really get down and play with toys! We've been putting him in his jumper lately and its too cute!! He can hold himself up perfectly and on the lowest setting we just have to put a very thin pillow under his feet so he can jump. Dominic helps him out by pushing all the toys buttons and showing him the toys. :haha:

OH - I bet W2 would love a jumper!!! I can just picture the giggles! :cloud9:

So now it's 7:30pm and he's had a total of *maybe* 10 oz. today (and that's if he took 5 ounces the one time he breast fed). :wacko: He goes to bed in 30 minutes and he's not even seeming hungry at all. He's not fussy, doesn't cry, plays and laughs like normal. I would think he's sick or something but...??? :shrug: I just hope this doesn't mean I'll be up all night again tonight. I've had to pump all day because every time I put him to breast he sucks til I let down and then wants nothing more to do with it. There was one time that he was definitely distracted, but other times he just doesn't seem hungry and won't feed no matter what I try. :shrug: Is this really how the 4 month regression goes?

Yah Fin is definitely a cuddle bug, it's such a big leap for him to fall asleep on his own! He's growin up!!!! Still needs a bit of a snuggle first though and I like that :)

He tried his jolly jumper yesterday and likes it! He's still figuring out the whole jumping thing and kinda just twirls but it's so cute and he loves being upright! Adorable!

Cridge I don't know, that is odd!!!!!! I hope your night is ok!

Well night three of sleeping in the recliner with lo :( its the only way he can breathe, he's so pllegmy and congested. We've tried everything to prop him in his sleep but he always wiggles to where he's too flat, only my boobs can hold him up apparently lol at the docs again today they have us watchin him close it doesn't move to lungs because of his history, but so far so good!

On another note he's 15lbs now! My lil chunky monkey!

Lilbean- you can try putting him in the bathroom with hot shower on, and Johnson's make a vapor bath bubble bath that's like taking a bath in vapor rub, little remedies has a saline solution you can use to help suck on the boogies out, we also bought a cool night light called gental vapors it helps us all sleep! And of course there is a humidifier and once you feel ok with putting him in his crib you can put books under the two legs by his head to keep him propped up but where he can't wiggle away from it.

Cridge- maybe mention to doctor next time your concerns but maybe if he's still happy and not losing weight he's just not that hungry lol

Hi ladies, I was wondering if any of your little ones have irregular bowel movements. My baby poops every few days. Is this pretty normal?

Thanks daddies.

We've been doing many many very steamy bathroom trips with the hot shower cranked up, then opening the window to get some cool air circulation.
Been using a cool mist humidifier.
Have been suckin all the grossness outa his nose with the suction thingy.

Last night I was so tired from not getting good sleep with him on me, i tried propping his bed up and surrounded him with pillows so he couldnt move. He spent the night in there, I didn't get much sleep worrying though! And he was coughing a lot and kept getting mad he could t wiggle anywhere lol( my lil wiggler) but then this am I dunno if it was coincidence but he had the worst time for an hour and a half choking really bad, very phlegmy, just an all around really rough time.

I just hope he's better soon :(

lilbean- I hope your little one feels better soon. My son is just getting over a cold. He was also very congested. I used saline drops and a humidifier.

lilbean - :hugs: Sorry LO is so sick! I hope he gets feeling better soon! My little guy was super congested for at least 4 weeks after Christmas and the only thing that seemed to help was a vaporizer (warm mist, not a cool mist humidifier) and using saline and a bulb syringe to suck him out 3-4 times a day. I hated it. I still have to suck him out once a day, but it's so much better than it was!!

Last night I tried to nurse ninja before bed and he took both breasts, but it wasn't a "feast". He was having a really hard time going down so I offered him 4 oz. of formula and he sucked that down. :wacko: Then his first stretch was 5 hours. THANKfully, I went to bed shortly after I put him to bed, because after that first 5 hours he didn't sleep all that well and I had to keep getting up to binkify him. But, all in all, it was a decent night. I do plan on talking to his doctor next week at his 4 month appointment, but I've decided that as long as he's not getting up every 2 hours during the night, I'll just go with the flow during the day.

Hmm hope your doc can figure that out cridge. Maybe he's just not hungry? Cant say I know what that's like lol my lo lovesss to eat.

We've been told no warm air humidifier. And to do the steam from shower but then let the cool air in. I don't really know why though :s but I do know the shower steam really works for him, we're in and out of there all day.

That's strange that you've been told to do steam shower but no warm mist humidifier??? Aren't they the same thing? :shrug: We've done the shower thing too and it works well. I would sit in the bathroom in the middle of the night letting him sleep in my arms while the shower was running... until it ran cold. Then I'd dread having to put him back down cause I knew he'd just wake up not being able to breath again. :wacko: I hope this doesn't last long for you!!!

I wish my kids had irregular bowl movements!! Both poop multiple times a day on an occasion Anthony will poop every other day. Its normal for them to go days without pooping though even up to 7 days without a poo! So if the wet diapers are still normal I wouldn't worry and just enjoy not changing poopy diapers!

We call Anthony the cannibal cause he eats on his hands and arms all day!! Even at night you'll wake up to him slurping on his hand :haha: his face even turns red from being so wet!

Since I can't tell anyone else ill tell you ladies :haha: I'm planning a surprise trip to California/ Disneyland!! Not going to tell my husband till he's in the car and we are going! I'm planning memorial weekend end of May. My foot will all be healed by then from surgery and hopefully ill be semi beach ready! I'm so excited to see Dominic's reaction to Disneyland! My husband has been on a mission for work where he can't take any leave, he doesn't buy himself that much and yesterday he found out he'll be deploying again next year :( so I think it will be nice to relax. We are both big kids so this is really for us more than the kids since they are still little :haha:

Ya no idea why not to use warm humidifier.
Maybe cause good to alternate? Who knows. I was too busy with other things I didn't ask.

Ooo surprise trip! Fun!

Fun Daddies!!!!!!!

I think there was some health and safety issue with warm humidifiers. Can't remember.

F has a cold! So far mild hopefully it doesn't get much worse! Poor baby :(

Sorry about the cold gaia!!

There is a safety issue with warm vaporizers if you have them too close to the baby, as they can spit out boiling water. But if you keep it across the room (it doesn't have to be *that* far, but you know), then it's not an issue. Cool mist humidifiers can spit out bacteria, whereas the warm ones boil the water, so the water is actually purified that way. So they both have pros and cons. I just found that the warm mist one worked a lot better to help with symptoms than the cool mist one. Just like sitting in the bathroom.

Daddies - we LOVE Disneyland!! It's the happiest place on earth! :haha: I think that would be such fun! In fact, I told dh that we ARE going to Disneyworld this year (only because we need to go to the Harry Potter thing at Universal Studios - otherwise, it would be CA instead of FL). I'm sorry your dh is being deployed again, but I'm glad that you're planning such a fun trip! You're right though - I don't know how much Dominic will be able to ride, but definitely worth it for you and dh!!

I'm excited we've never been!

I had an aweful day and I learned a valuable lesson! Never leaving the boys alone together :( pretty much one of the scariest moments of my life. Anthony was in his swing and Dominic playing in his toy area so I went to make Dominic a snack. I start to hear Anthony cry and its muffled sounding so I run in living room thinking his blanket is covering his face and I see Dominic standing there and Anthony's mouth is full of these small marble glass decorative stones that belong in something on our bookshelf. :( I scream cause he starts choking then Dominic starts screaming and Anthony stops choking and breathing so I did the baby Heimlich on him and some come out but I look and there is still one stuck so i try to fish it out but push it further so I do the heimlich again and he starts breathing! I then freak out cause I didn't have good control of his head when I flipped him upside down to slap his back :nope: so I start racing around and can't find the car keys! I call husband and he says he has both sets to both vechiles!! Ugh, I found a spare.. Take him to ER and they did X-rays and didn't find anything. Said object was to big to get fully swallowed in size of his esphogaus. :(

So Dominic was in trouble all day, I had to hide anything small and now I know I can't leave them alone. I know he wasn't trying to hurt him he just doesn't understand he's too little. He's always trying to feed him or let him drink out of his cup, always taking toys to him or blankets or bottles. I freaked him out by freaking out that he was crying and shaking all the way to the hospital.

Anthony was pretty much acting normal after the incident and completely normal now. Doctor said even if his head moved around when I was hitting his back that it would take a lot to cause brain damage :( and that he looked completely fine. Actually told me earlier that week this happened to someone else but with metal jacks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->