• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

November Sparklers 2012

Yay for a tooth!

We have two already and FOUR are currently on the verge!

Anthony now has TWO teeth :haha: too cute our little babes are growing up! I swear hes going to crawl before he can even sit! He will sit great for a long while, leaning forward or to the side no problem, going from a sit to tummy but still ever so often he will throw himself back so hard!! He still hasnt caught on you dont do that! But he has gotten great at rocking with his belly off the ground but mostly still scooting on his belly everywhere or rolling to get where he needs to be.

Hope you ladies are doing well!!

yeah - time to baby proof over here. :cry: That and really clean my wood floors. :rofl: I'm just not ready for a mobile baby yet. He's still slow, but literally crawling out the door (of the nursery, that is :haha:).

Everything is good here, I have to do an effort to tidy this place up before oh comes back and before his folks arrive on 10th eek. we havent got much space...:haha:

Blimey Cridge, that's one early crawler!! How was san fran? How was travelling with ninja?

Things here are good, we have sunshine. I am feeling on the whole better but had a bad day agin yesterday! But have appointment with endo on 25th so will see what my levals are then. S is just fantastic, a very happy live wire!! Chatty and now is bored with sitting up so is lunging forwsrd onto her belly and wriggling about, not getting very far though, phew!! Am getting her weighed today, which will be after a month of slids, but only 1 meal a day and a month with me on thyroxine so better milk supply, hope she has picked uo as last time she had dropped from the 50th to 25th, not bad but just don't want her to have droppeD more, she feels like a heavy lump to me but that may just be because I have no biceps anymore!!

I know! My first didn't crawl until 11 months - but this guy has been a mover from the get go. :dohh: I'm quite sad about it. He's even trying to sit himself back up from his belly. He's almost there. :wacko:

San Fran was great.... Ninja didn't do so well. He barely ate and took *maybe* two 30 min. naps a day.... a couple days just one. :dohh: Then he was getting up 3-4 times a night. It was rough. The flight there wasn't terrible, but not great, and the flight back was verging on terrible. Oh well. I figure I'm due, so I tolerate it fairly well. Just happy to have the little stinker. He's recovering well from his lack of sleep, although he's still not eating his full allotment during the day, so he's therefore getting up once a night. :dohh:

He started ISR lessons on Monday and he's absolutely hating it. Today I swear he was drowning at one point although his head was above water and he was breathing. He got eerily quiet after just coming out of the water and it really unnerved me. I still have a pit in my stomach. I'm starting to question my decision to put him in at such an early age. His teacher says he's doing really well and that he's learning really quickly, but I'm thinking maybe I should have waited until he was over 12 months. He'll have to retake the full 6 weeks after 12 months anyway because before 12 months they only learn to roll to their back and float. After 12 months they learn to roll back to their front and swim. I don't know..... I'll have to see how tomorrow goes.....

Oh no Cridge that sounds awful! I can see the benefit of the class but it does scare me to think of! The first time I saw the video of the kid saving himself I about had a heart attack! Dominic was in just regular swim classes at about 10 months old and that was a disaster. He really freaked out and stop liking the pool :nope: I thought the classes seemed interesting I spent an hour reading all the tragic stories on their site of kids dying due to drowning. I guess for now we'll skip anything. We dont really have any water around anyways.

I read something interesting earlier about dry drowning! One more thing to worry about as a parent. But good to know!

https://www.today.com/id/24982210/n...-death-highlights-hidden-danger-dry-drowning/

Thanks for freaking me out daddies. :rofl: Actually, that was *exactly* what I was afraid of yesterday - dry drowning!!! I didn't know it really existed, but I was nervous about something happening after he was out of the pool.

ISR has a 100% safety record and it's no kidding because of how closely they keep tabs on the kids during lessons. I have to keep record of his eating (exactly what he ate and when), sleeping, pooping, peeing and anything "abnormal" (fevers, doc visits, unusual behavior..). Every day for 6 weeks!!! She checks the sheet before each lesson to see if anything is out of the ordinary. There are even foods that he's not allowed to have for the duration of the lessons (6 weeks) because they cause excess gas to build up in the body. She's very careful not to wear him out and will stop lessons early if he gets too worn out or swallows too much air/water. And then after the lesson he has to lay on his left side (or on his stomach, which he prefers) for 2-3 minutes and she watches him to make sure he's okay. But, as a parent, it can get a little freaky sometimes.

Today's lesson was actually MUCH better! He's already floating on his back by himself (which she says is pretty amazing... he's always been advanced with his gross motor skills, that's for sure), and she says he's a really strong roller (uh, yeah). He was actually chatting happily right up until he got in the water, and I think it was actually the cold water that was making him cry at first. He still didn't love doing the work, but he didn't cry near as much as yesterday and he was super happy once he was out of the water and warmed up a bit. Phew.

I talked to dh yesterday about maybe holding off until he's over 12 months, which I thought he'd *totally* go for because I was the one pushing lessons to begin with and dh is pinching pennies right now (and lessons are freaking expensive). But he actually said that it's better to have him in younger than older. That was my thought when I signed him up, but I've been doubting. After today's lesson, I'm glad dh kept me going. We'll see how next week goes. :)

Well thats good then! He probably just needed some time to get use to it and realize hes safe no matter what! The outdoor pool here is ALWAYS freezing even though its 100+ degrees outside. And its not very kid friendly at all. No changing tables or even benches! And no way to walk into the pool you have to use the ladder and its probably four feet deep at the lowest! They have a tiny about the size of a hot tub part for kids but its always closed off cause of bees :haha: I hate this place :winkwink:

I worry about things around the house like I have to keep reminding my husband to make sure there is no wash cloths in the bath tub when hes draining it as it just clogs the drain and doesnt let then water out then Dominic goes in there and plays in it!

Anthony has only been to the pool once but he loves splashing in the bath tub thats for sure! Its cute putting him and Dominic in the tub together they spend all their time splashing back and forth at each other.

Is he going to be like my brother who jumped of the 3m dive board at age 3 :haha:
Oh just tossed any thought he had for moving to sa after hearing that one of hid friends husband was shot by burglars in their home. Also his folks need someone to drive them to the airport now...

Cridge that sounds intense! I can see the debate, it's a great skill for him but I definitely wouldn't be comfortable with pushing something that is causing stress. So I'm glad he seemed better today :)

We are doing lessons in Sept when he's 10 months, I think it's great to introduce them early if they are into it!

I am also paranoid about DD. One time Mr F gulped water in the bath and I was a wreck for 24 hours obsessing over it. He LOVVVVVVES drinking bath water though so I've gotten over it now. Silly kid.

Eww - drinking bath water? :rofl:

Honestly, I think it's more of a stress for me than it is for him. :haha: We don't have a pool, but I take my oldest to the pool as often as I can and since W2 has always been a mover, I just really wanted to teach him that oh so important life saving skill. My parents have a pool too and although we're only out there a couple times a year, I've always stressed a little bit about the kids there (even though it's fenced off and everything). So, I'm glad to be teaching him this skill, but I think I'll stress a little bit until it's all over. :dohh:

Wow those lessons are intense.
As a former lifeguard/instructor for now I plan to teach him until he no longer learns well from mommy, as they all get to that stage lol.

Little man unfortunately regressed with his breathing :( we were off the nebulizer for 8whole days but then he crashed and started coughing during the day and night due to having trouble and then other trouble breathing signs, so now were back to the beginning of nebulizer twice a day :(

But in other news he's almost sitting by himself now! And mobile on his tummy! Although he can only "crawl" backwards and gets frustrated lol, I say crawl but it's not really hands and knees continually yet, just the beginning stages but deffinately effective! And he's sort of started army crawling forward too!
I'm not ready for the mobile stage! Lol it'd be nice for him to sit on his own but otherwise I'm good with him stationary lol!

Lilbean - I hope your little guy is okay! That sucks that he's having such a hard time! :hugs:

Ladies, today is a sad, sad day. Tonight my little ninja stood up on his own (hanging onto a box he was in, in an effort to keep him in one place :haha:). I don't understand why he's so determined to grow up so fast. It really sucks and it's making me a little angry. He's a fast (not turbo yet, however) crawler now and he's wearing me out. I really wanted just a few more months of him sitting still. Was that too much to ask for? :cry:

We are opposite Im praying for Anthony to get mobile. His antsy pants is really stressing me most days! He just cant do everything hes wanting to do :haha: Hes a pretty good belly scooter and roller to where he needs to go but then he just gets stuck on something and pissed off. Him and big brother have been playing much more so I just think when he is mobile there is no stopping him! He wont sit anywhere you put him he just tries to wiggle himself out. I put him in his car seat on the floor the other day with a bottle while I went to pack the diaper bag I come back and hes OUT of the car seat and across the room. Like WTH how did he get out of it and not hurt himself??

Ive always liked the playful mobile stage more than newborn. Dominic is almost two and still cuddles me multiple times a day so Im not really worried about the newborn stage being great for cuddles :haha:

That's funny - Ninja "ninja'd" himself out of his car seat today. I had unbuckled it and went to bring the stroller closer, and before I know it, he was flipped around facing the seat and getting ready to make a break for it. :haha:

How is everyone doing?! Been a long time since any of us chatted! Summer has been busy for us over here! Lil man is 10months now and on the move! He's crawling all over and just learned how to pull him self up to standing on things and as of today started walking along the furniture!

How are the lo's doing?!

:hi: Lilbean! We are still around!

Anthony is great! He has 7 teeth, he can crawl, pulls himself up and just recently started using push walkers!! He walks along furniture and for a few seconds will let go when he is standing! I still think he is far from walking but its a start. He hasnt gained any weight in a couple months but he just keeps getting taller! He had his first boo boo the other day when he fell and bite his tongue! We have stop co sleeping with both boys so now Anthony sleeps in his own crib in a room with his big brother!

Oh fun! Lots going on! Wow 7teeth! Lil man just has his bottom two so far, so cute! Haha

Hes "missing" a tooth. He got his two on the bottom then instead of two coming in on each side of those only one did! Then his four top teeth came in. Strange! I hope it comes in one day :haha: As of now no sight of it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->