• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

November Sparklers 2012

great news the regular formula is working daddies!! Yay!! My nephew has all sorts of allergies and either needs to be on that same formula or needs to continue bf'ing. Sadly, my brother and sil just can't afford the formula (and their insurance sucks), so she has to continue to bfeed, although she's starting to hate it. He's almost a year and she has to pump multiples times between feeds to keep her supply up. Anyway, I thought of you while I was talking to her about it. :haha:

And what was the ttc fight about? Him wanting to, you not? It still kinda blows my mind. :haha: I think both my dh and I are secretly hoping I get pregnant again, and we haven't used any bc ... well, for 15 years :haha:, but given our history, we're not counting on it. I'm a little jealous though. :winkwink:

They say the babies gut gets "stronger" around 6 months and they can tolerate more so maybe thats why he can take the regular formula now? I have no idea! D had so much more symptoms and issues that its blowing my mind and im waiting for anything to show me its not going to work out.

Oh gosh..it was silly really..he was just being sensitive :haha: I said I felt like Overdosing on Birth control and that he needed to "get his shit together" before we have another one. Sounds bad I know but the kids were being insane..so I felt like oding on birth control :haha: and we have different parenting techniques, he says I baby Dominic but I prefer to calming tell him no or redirect him.there is times I yell at him but I grew up in a home where we were constantly screamed at and learned to be fearful and I dont want my kids to grow up like that. So though we dont spank Dominic I feel my husband is constantly yelling at him. Could be worse but it bothers me. Guess thats where the "I baby him" comes in. Soo get your crap together meant stop yelling at him all the time.

So then it started the "if you dont want more then just go take the bc and Ill get fixed" blah blah! We rarely argue and were over it this morning :winkwink:

Really the only reason I see my husband putting on the pressure for this is hes always said "now or never" about having another. He will retire when he is 38 from the Army so he says he doesnt want them to live with us too much longer after that!! :rofl: So I see that being the thing. He wants them close in age and says we are already use to no sleep (we or me?) and he could deal with two toddlers and one baby (though he seemed like he was losing it last night with both kids freaking out all night!) So yeah I think its the retirement thing, when I ask he says that was a joke (that he brought up 20 times) and that he just "loves our babies and wants another" mmm hmm not buying it :wacko:

Yay on the formula, boooo to no sleep and the arguing that always seems to result from being tired and cranky!

There's some crazy sleep stuff that happens around 6 months, I know others are dealing with those random wake ups to chat and coo too. Hang in there!

Thanks Gaia!

May sound silly but kind of new to me does any of your babies shake their heads side to side over and over? He'll also flap his wrists back and forth. Just looks odd! Kind of how they move with a rattle in hand he just does that all day or Ill catch him shaking his head back and forth non stop lol. My mother said its normal when they find something new they can do it they do it a lot till they find something else? Oh babies!

Well he pooped first time today since trying milk based formula and he strained a little and it was completely solid! His are usually huge runny mess. So not sure what to do so I gave him a little water mixed with apple in his sippy cup since apple juice suppose to release constipation. He wasn't crying just red faced and grunting.

Yes on the head shaking and arm flapping! Lol. It's like he has baby Tourette's.

I would try a teaspoon of prune juice rather than apple. Surprisingly apple actually does the opposite! That's why it's part of the BRAT diet.

That's what I thought! Lol he would just be playing then randomly stop and shake his head!

Oh geez! I googled it and they said apple juice. Thanks google! :winkwink:

Do u use acidophilus daddies?

Lil man is on soy formula and I find if I don't use it he struggles and sometimes goes days without a bm. If I use it then his bms r solid but regular and no huge straining.

Lilbean-Never heard of that before. He did poop again and it was usual huge mess so idk if the juice helped or what. He's still getting some of the neocate too till we run out I do about every third bottle neocate the rest the similac advanced.

Acidophilus is a good bacteria your gut needs to work properly essentially....

gai-was it u who uses bio gai ? Maybe u can explain better

I just use the capsules I buy for myself open then and put about 1/2tsp in his bottle in the am.
Here U can get at health food stores and now many pharmacies

daddies - yes on the head shaking! He doesn't do it as much now as he did a week or two ago, but back then (way back then :haha:) it was allll the time! I thought that must make him dizzy or give him a headache!

my dh has retirement issues too. Since our kids are 10+ years apart, he feels like he's starting all over. He was planning on retiring in 10 years.... but now it's more like 20. :dohh: I'd love to have another one, and I think he would too, but if I think of waiting even a couple more years, I feel like we're adding just that much more time, so I'm even all for the now or never idea. I think too because having 2 is pretty easy for me (with them being 10 years apart), so I think having 3 would be okay. But seriously, I need my sleep so I don't know how I could handle having a baby and another baby. :haha:

Good to know its not just Anthony going shaking crazy! :thumbup: Hes gotten into screaming too, just for fun! He'll also spend hours a day blowing raspberries.

I hate that the sun is coming up at 5am now! This morning my husbands alarm went off waking Anthony a little, so waking me, then Dominic..so here we sit at 7am already been up an hour and a half and the Anthony is still :sleep: Thanks Anthony! :coffee:

I always tell me people who want two close together that you really have to take in your child and families situation in deciding. I know some that are having a horrible time with two babies when we are doing fairly well! There is of course some days that arent so great but for the most part its not so bad. Dominic was almost 15 months old so he had already had 6 months of walking, use to feeding himself, playing by himself, still young enough to not feel too jealous about a new baby. As for the sleep thing he was already sleeping over night, only waking to fuss a little then get his sippy cup in and go right back to sleep so I dont feel like Im really missing any sleep ..only the sleep I had before both kids :haha: since we cloth diaper its not an issue to have two in diapers I just had to buy newborn ones. And poor Anthony got all hand me downs so like OH says "Its kind of like we got a baby for free" :dohh: We only had to buy him a few Little Brother tshirts, some nb diapers and a double stroller. We already had two cribs, rocking chair, toys, car seat, blankets ect.

Speaking of hand me downs..since the next baby we have im pretty sure will be the last since I have anxiety just thinking of THREE kids..not just babies but three responsibilities :wacko: that Im really going to make it count! No hand me down clothes, maternity clothes, going to get the cute maternity pictures, newborn pictures, all the cute baby stuff Ive always wanted but didnt want to spend the money on. I dont want there to be any regrets or in the future seeing things and thinking "I wish I wouldve done that".

Off topic :blush: but since having Anthony every time we :sex: it hurts at some point. Thinking maybe I should see a doctor?? Or is it normal after a baby? We only had two months to :sex: after Dominic before I got pregnant with Anthony and it hurt then too, I saw the doctor and he said I was having ovarian cysts so I wonder if that is it. I dont remember ever having them before getting pregnant, then again I was on birth control for about 8 years. Last night we :sex: nothing out of the ordinary and it hurt, then I felt sore most the night and this morning, more in the lower pelvic region like when I had these cysts. Hmm guess I should call the doctor and make sure its nothing too serious. After dtd one time after Dominic I was in such bad pain I couldnt move and had the shakes real bad OH took me to hospital and they said I had a huge cyst rupture and had lots of excess fluid trapped. NEVER want to experience that again!!

:happydance::happydance: Oh I just noticed Anthony is 6 months old today!! Holy cow its been half a year???!!:cry::cry:

and in case any of you were wondering...T-Minus FOUR DAYS till Disneyland!! :flower::haha::winkwink::happydance::happydance:

Oh yes! The screaming!! Ninja used to "yell", but has now found his screaming voice. If he's not happy about something, he immediately starts to scream - just cause he can, I think. Ugh!! And the raspberries too! How funny that they're all doing the same things. Babies are so predictable. :winkwink:

That's totally how I feel about this baby. #1 got all hand-me-downs (from my sister - it's been grrreat!), but I just really wanted to go all out on this baby since he'll probably be my last. I've just now started to hold back. I bought some cheapy clothes at a garage sale (that a friend had... and I think some of the clothes were *mine* with #1... that I gave to a friend, and she gave to a friend (the one that had the garage sale). SO happy I could pay for clothes that were mine to begin with that I gave away. :haha: At least they were cheap). Anyway, now I'm starting to think I want to go cheap again. :haha:

I think it's a good idea to see a doc about the pain. Sounds strange.

I called doctor and have an appt tomorrow, only had a 7am open so looks like another early morning for me!

I don't even want to say what my husband thinks the problem is but just think men and their egos :rofl:

Hope it's nothing serious!

Oh I shouldve known! Went to my appt today and the doctor came in for about five minutes and told me I have to go to an ob/gyn in town. :dohh: We live on a smaller military base and we have to see military providers for our care but since its so small at the clinic we get referred to go off post to doctors. So it could be two weeks before Im even seen. He did get me in on post tomorrow for an ultrasound to check out ovaries and all that. I did have quite a few ovarian cysts after D was born and it does feel like that but all the time instead of every now and then. Plus I was on birth control up until two? weeks ago which I heard makes cysts pretty much not appear ..but ever since Anthony was born every time we :sex: it happens! Sometimes its just in the moment other times it lasts days that im hurting!

I wonder if it is these cysts why I keep getting them?? I dont ever remember this before I had kids.

Toby loves baby led weaning! I can't believe we have babies who are a whole half year old.....it just seems like two seconds ago that they were tiny, snuffly little piglets!

Attachments

• avocado.jpg
    avocado.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 3
Oh Boofle! What a doll!!

I'm sitting here watching my little ninja pull himself/crawl around the room. :cry: I'm so not ready for this. He needs to stay put just a little longer. A few more months would be nice. :dohh:

Aw so cute boofle!

My lil man is having a rough day :( he cried non stop for 3hrs, short nap then started again for another few hours. I have no idea what's wrong :( I think may be a combo of growing pains/teething/issues with his lungs, but I really dont know. He slept on me this after noon for 3hrs finally and woke up with more smiles than he's had all day....it's so not like him, he doesnt cry this much in a week nvm one day.
We may be heading to the hospital tonight if it keeps up :( I want to make sure there's nothing more serious going on with his lungs. But I'm waiting to see if he gets worse or doesnt get any better before doing that.
Even the things that normally make him happy, like going outside, aren't making him stop crying.

Its so hard to listen to him cry and not know how to fix it :(

Oh Tobi is super cute. Emilie isn't ready yet, she'll bite something off when hold in front of her mouth but she totally doesnt know what to do when shes holding sth. shes not such an oral baby so far anyway, 9as in she doesnt take everything in her mouth yet)although she can use her teething rattle herself. Well it all learning. She can turn from Tummy onto her back but not from back to tummy yet xD

Oh lilbean - I hope he's okay! I would think crying like that for that long would mean something more than teething or growing pains. :shrug: Keep us posted!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->