++++October 2019 Testing Thread++++

Welcome and good luck :dust:

ShortBlonde, I've had cycles with no peak, a cycle with 12 highs before a peak, cycle with no high before a peak. They vary so much

I need your opinions ladies! I'm only CD8 today and I took my first OPK this afternoon. Was expecting it to be super faint (I always have some sort of line). What do you think? Is my surge really close? My OPKs almost never get this dark.

Xeg2kmMYRQ6jX9WWvhGupw.jpg

I need your opinions ladies! I'm only CD8 today and I took my first OPK this afternoon. Was expecting it to be super faint (I always have some sort of line). What do you think? Is my surge really close? My OPKs almost never get this dark.

View attachment 1068586

That does look close! I’ve had it before where it’s gone up and down but not quite peaked early on and then increased again later in my cycle. I never seem to get proper positives on those LH strips though. Only the digitals!

Hi there! Could I be added? I’m on cycle day 1. My ovulation date can be irregular so not sure when I’ll be testing yet. Will update when I know!

Last edited:
Hey Rachel - I think you put me down for the 6th but I'll be testing on the 9th. Thanks!

OPK was a bit lighter this morning. Going to test again today after to work and keep an eye on it from here on out while also getting busy just to cover all my bases!

View attachment 1068586

Wow, standing ovulation..err ovation for that line!!! High time to get busy and send the :spermy: on an egghunt!

And hi October-ladies! This will be our third cycle trying. You can put me on the 13th of October for testing!

My new-cycle-resolutions:
- I will NOT test before 13DPO. In fact I already threw all my cheapies in the trash. Really sticking to it this time.
- I will NOT trust any symptoms I have in the first 10 days DPO. Because I know that most, if not all, are simply caused by progesterone. And I had some symptoms last cycle that really made me think I could be pregnant... So definitely not trusting my body with that anymore!
- I will NOT have mechanical, unsexy sex during my next fertile window. Since we both dont have the highest libidos, it just got tiring after the third day of BD. Also, we won’t go at it 4 days in a row again. Maybe 3 times with 1 day break inbetween somewhere.

@Pineberry those sound like very sensible resolutions! I’m also going to try very hard to avoid early testing. I’m terrible for it though!

I’m on CD2 now which is always the worst day of AF for me. I’m in so much pain! I’m also feeling impatient and just want to get to the ovulation part of my cycle but at least another two weeks away!

Jelly, just try to really stick to it. Really no point of driving ourselves crazy with faint lines. Is it positive, is it an evap, am I just imagining things, etc... Just stressful and pointless. [-(

Gonna need to find things to distract me during the next TWW though, other than the gym. Thinking of treating myself to a shopping haul (or several) for new shoes and cute fall outfits. Maybe some TV series to really get into & make me forget about babies for a minute.

Sorry you’re in pain :( Same here girl, same here. I’m never in severe pain during AF but I always need to take an Ibuprofen 400 right at the beginning of AF to take the edge off the cramps.

Hi! Can you put me down as TBD please? I never know when I’m ovulating which makes ttc such a pain at times. I thought I was going to ovulate super early around CD12/13 because my opk’s got very dark to almost positive. My temp didn’t rise so I’m still in the waiting game. I’m on CD14 and my opk’s for today have gotten dark again so I’m hoping this is going to be it this time (I normally have a double surge every month) FX!!!
F79FF0B5-C52F-4897-B635-8CAFBCB05CBF.png

@TayBabes92 I hope you get that positive OPK! Good luck!

@Pineberry coming up with TWW distractions is a good idea! My TWW should be ending around my eldest son’s birthday so we’ve got a weekend away planned. I might try and figure out other things to keep myself busy. Maybe daily rewards for not testing :haha:

I'm on day 8 of flashing smileys on my OPK today :-(:-(:-(
Do you have any other strip opk’s or is it easy to buy some wondfo’s or Easy@Home opk’s? Sometimes the digitalis can be a pain when you constantly get flashing smileys

Do you have any other strip opk’s or is it easy to buy some wondfo’s or Easy@Home opk’s? Sometimes the digitalis can be a pain when you constantly get flashing smileys

I don't have any other type of OPK so I think I'll just accept that maybe this month isn't my month and I'll buy some cheapies for next month.

@Pineberry
I’m also refusing to test until af is late. Two months now I tested on the day she was due only to get disappointed. I think I can hold off one more day. Especially since I’m out of tests haha

I’m also going to be more mindful about eating healthy fats with omega-3s this month and make sure I pack enough snacks at work so I don’t come home ravenous as per usual. Got some salmon to make for lunch today so starting out strong!

Pineberry - that sounds like a good plan. You could also do the every other day method, where you start BDing when you think your LH is rising (so darker test line on OPKs but not positive yet or flashy smiley). If you get a positive on your off day you can always add a day in. That way neither one of you will feel like it's a job.

CD10 today: I think my LH was high a couple days ago but it's super unlikely that I ovulated that early. I would have either missed it in the morning on CD8 or it happened on CD7. Either way, that would be the exact opposite of what my body has done in the past. My eggs tend to take forever to mature. A lot of people kept saying how LH can rise and fall before peaking. I think mine is falling at the moment, so I'm trying to keep track of other signs. Libido is up, appetite is up, don't know about CM yet though. Temps are steady.

Yay Tea for healthy eating!

@Pineberry
I’m also refusing to test until af is late. Two months now I tested on the day she was due only to get disappointed. I think I can hold off one more day. Especially since I’m out of tests haha

I’m also going to be more mindful about eating healthy fats with omega-3s this month and make sure I pack enough snacks at work so I don’t come home ravenous as per usual. Got some salmon to make for lunch today so starting out strong!

Yay! I say we launch our own little no-test-clique (as in not before AF is due), consisting of just you, jellybean (if she’s serious about sticking to it!) and I at the moment. High five chicas :coolio:

And also big yaaayy on your healthy eating plans! :happydance: Omega 3’s are freaking awesome. And just you mentioning salmon makes my mouth watery. Absolutely love that stuff. So so yum and healthy. Good job girl! I just came home from grocery shopping with my guy & replenished my elixir of life: avocados. Soo good for our heart, health and body, and delicious too. I have an obsession for sure.

fostermom - Many thanks for your tips lovely <3 I should mention though that I have never laid a hand on an OPK in my life, haha. They are not easy to get here where I live (as in, they aren’t sold in supermarkets and have never seen them in pharmacies either). So would have to order them. I dont really plan on using them for now and see how it goes - have started to temp my BBT every morning, will do that every day this cycle, and then I just use my O-symptoms to determine when we should BD (as in ewcm and the ovulation pain + spotting that i get).

Last edited:
@Pineberry and @jellybeanxx Love the no testing idea!

I also love me some avocados. I know it’s such a millennial stereotype but I love avocado toast. You should try it with some za’atar on top. It’s this amazing middle eastern spice mix... definitely recommend!

@ShortBlonde I had 8 days of highs before I got my peak last cycle! I was starting to give up hope!

@Pineberry I’m going to try very, very hard not to test early! I drove myself mad this cycle. I’ve been TTC for so long that any sanity around it has gone out of the window. It’s hard to keep calm and rational at this point!

Teafor - Mmm sounds delish. I do love avocados with and on just about anything. Thanks for the tip! Never heard of Za’atar, will definitely try it out!!

Jellybean - I do totally understand, lovely. Sucks that it’s been such a long, tough road for your third babe so far. You’re one strong momma! :hugs:

CD4 has been OK so far- AF is slowly leaving the building. Went to the gym today, will do so a few more times before ovulation because I’ve read that it increases the blood flow to the ovaries. And besides, it’s really just good for TTC in general.

It’s been pouring rain all day and we’ve lighted some candles in our living room, it’s soo cozy & the fall vibes are strong! Enjoying a chilled cozy evening with my sweetheart now, will have a glass of wine and maybe watch the last few episodes of Game of Thrones later. I’m loving this day & looking soo forward to my fertile window, lol. Hoping this cycle will be it <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"