**** October Bumpkins 2010 ****

Hi ladies!
I just wanted to see how everyone is feeling? :happydance:
Sometimes it still feels like October is so far away, but I remember from my pregnancy with my daughter how fast it really goes! :headspin:

I saw my midwife today, and she found the heartbeat! YAY! It was about 145 bpm and my uterus is measuring 16 cm, which she said is perfect!
I feel so relieved that I am basically in the second trimester now and everything is going great so far! I feel pretty good too - just battling some nasty headaches and lots of fatigue... but I don't think that's just pregnancy-related. Chasing a toddler around can be pretty exhausting in itself! :sleep:

Anyways - I hope you're all having a wonderful day! :)

Gosh my uterus was only measuring 15cm at 15weeks. Glad things are going well for you. And yes i agree october feels like a life time away

Gosh my uterus was only measuring 15cm at 15weeks. Glad things are going well for you. And yes i agree october feels like a life time away

I agree! I thought 16cm sounded big, but fundal measurements apparently can be off by 1-2cm, and it isn't the most accurate thing to go by. But either way, baby seems to be growing perfectly which is a relief!

And I think part of the reason October feels so far away is we still have two seasons to get to (Summer and Fall) before it arrives! ugh!:dohh:

yes, im hoping after my 20week scan when i can start really buying it will fly? i know it will slow when im getting really far along and close to baby arriving. But hoping in between 20 week scan and that it will speed up :D did you found it sped up at any stage with your daughter

yes, im hoping after my 20week scan when i can start really buying it will fly? i know it will slow when im getting really far along and close to baby arriving. But hoping in between 20 week scan and that it will speed up :D did you found it sped up at any stage with your daughter

Well, being COMPLETELY honest here, when I was pregnant - I felt like my pregnancy took FOREVER! But that's because it was my first. With this pregnancy, it's been flying by because I have so much to keep me busy. But with my daughter, every week felt like a month. :(
But I would agree, that once I knew what I was having (19 weeks) up until about 32 weeks went the fastest. My situation may be different though. When I was pregnant, I knew about 6 other women who were pregnant too but they were all due before me. And once I reached 32 weeks, is when they ALL had their babies except for me. So after that, time went really really slow. I watched each of them bring their babies around and I was still pregnant as ever!

But don't worry. Once the day FINALLY comes that your baby does arrive, and you look back on your pregnancy... THEN it will seem like it flew by! And enjoy it too - once my pregnancy was over, as much as I LOVE having my daughter with me, obviously... I missed being pregnant. I missed being able to protect her 24/7 and feel her little kicks all day long! :)

Aww i know i hope it will also go quicker for me at that time. And yes every week feels like a month. If i look back on it it feels quick, but as it goes by at the time it feels so slow. If that makes sense. Yes i bet you have your hands full being pregnant and running around after your daugther. I looked after 2 of my nephews for the weekend one is 10 other is 1 and 1/2 and i was so busy for the weekend i didnt have any time to think about how slow it was going and that one weekend went quick.
I dont think i could have my 2nd until my 1st was at least at nursery as i was so tired this weekend running round after a 1 and 1/2 year old so i dont have a clue how you do it everyday lol.
Are you hoping to find out the sex of this little bundle also?

Hey could I join please :flower: My due date is 19th October.

Hope all you ladies are well xx

Welcome Kaylz congrats on the pregnancy. im due on the 8th october. Hope your pregnancy is going well and continue to do so

Aww i know i hope it will also go quicker for me at that time. And yes every week feels like a month. If i look back on it it feels quick, but as it goes by at the time it feels so slow. If that makes sense. Yes i bet you have your hands full being pregnant and running around after your daugther. I looked after 2 of my nephews for the weekend one is 10 other is 1 and 1/2 and i was so busy for the weekend i didnt have any time to think about how slow it was going and that one weekend went quick.
I dont think i could have my 2nd until my 1st was at least at nursery as i was so tired this weekend running round after a 1 and 1/2 year old so i dont have a clue how you do it everyday lol.
Are you hoping to find out the sex of this little bundle also?

Oh I remember that feeling all too well! Every day feeling like an eternity. And when you look back, sometimes it feels like it went fast but your due date feels like decades away.:loopy:
And some days, I don't know how I do it either - chasing a toddler around and being pregnant. I wasn't planning on having my second until my first was about 3 years old... but hubby and I decided to try ONCE, just for fun and here I am! ;) I was nervous about it at first... because I remembered how exhausted I felt during the first trimester with my daughter and I wondered "how am I going to do this with a toddler in tow?"... but it's been fine. Honestly, I haven't felt much more tired than usual (my munchkin wears me out enough, even BEFORE getting pregnant! lol)... and like I said, because I have her around... this pregnancy has been going MUCH faster... which in a way is a very good thing! As much as I don't want to rush it (because this is my last, no matter what)... it's crazy how long I remember last time it took me to get to 14 weeks... and here I am, coming up to 14 weeks this week and it feels like I JUST found out I'm pregnant!
And I'm going to have my hands full, when this baby arrives... and I'm prepared for that. But I think it will be so worth it when they get a little older and are closer in age. And it will also be nice getting all the diapers, bottles, etc done sooner! :happydance:

As for finding out the sex of this baby - DEFINITELY! I am too impatient to wait 9 months to find out... plus, for me, I find that I have a closer bond with my baby knowing that there's a little girl or boy in there, instead of an "it". I cannot WAIT! :haha:

Can I join the October ranks too, please? I'm due October 13th and have a feeling it's a boy. Not sure why!

Hi rubyt. I've got that same instinct aswell. Got it from about 6 weeks. I wonder if we are right?!

Somebody tell me to stop eating! I've scoffed so much today, not including nearly a full bag of a 'share' bag of Maltesers. Baby must be hungry!

I have a terrible headache and feeling a bit crampy today.. no fun!

Hi rubyt. I've got that same instinct aswell. Got it from about 6 weeks. I wonder if we are right?!

Somebody tell me to stop eating! I've scoffed so much today, not including nearly a full bag of a 'share' bag of Maltesers. Baby must be hungry!

:lol: Go for it! It's the onlt time you can really get away with eating what you want!

Juless I keep having that, guess baby is growing! :D

I took a bump picture this morning but I don't think I'm growing :(

****UPDATED TO HERE****

Anyone struggling with itchy skin, my stomach and sides are itchy and then I feel like ripping off my boobs as they are soooooooooo itchy! Nothing seems to be working:wacko:

morning all and welcome to the new ladies,

BB ooohhh yes! M legs itch sooooo bad i have made them bleed at times and then last night my right boob started itching. the only thing that eases is is sudacrem.
I mentioned it to my midwife last week and she said its the hormones and may be a change in soap or washing powder ect. I think its just the hormones though as i use what i always have done.

xxx

Yeh me too! I haven't changed anything!
I bet it's going to get worse too with expanding bump and heat from summer isn't it!?:wacko:

yeah hun im guessing so. I mosturise but that seems to make it worse., just have to grit my teeth and bear with it i think. the thing we have to go through hey :shrug:

I have a question for you if you dont mind helping hun.

Well llast nioght we got the doppler out as havent listened in about a week, well other than the MW appointment. Found it quite easily (cant beleive how high up he is in my belly now). any how after about 10 minutes we found the actually beat and not just the echo and every so often it sounded the his heart skipped a beat. i worried myself stupid, had a cry and told the OH we neeed to get down the hospital. OH calmed me down and said that its prob the baby just moving about. I could actually feel him moving when i put the prob on my tummy, i dont think he liked it much.
But then the OH said he had a bit of a heart murmer when he was little.
What do you think it is, just the baby moving and me being silly, a heart murmer or something more serious? Should i be worried?

xxx

I honestly don't know Hun. It could be baby moving.
Maybe ring your midwife and speak to her?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->