**** October Bumpkins 2010 ****

Im so sorry about your first loss hun. That would be so hard to go through. :hugs: :(

But try to stay positive. What happened last time does NOT mean it will happen this time. You are already 18 weeks which is a very good sign!! But definitely just try to relax tonight, drink lots... and hopefully the pain will subside.

And I won't even get into how "fun" my GP's office is. My doctor is only there once a week, so if I need an appointment any other day of the week, TOO BAD. I have to go to a walk-in clinic or emerg. It really sucks. So if I have any issues with this pregnancy, I will just call my midwife directly since I always have SOME way of getting a hold of her. Maybe try that?

I only have a numer to be able to contact my midwife between 9am and 10am weekdays. I really want to ring up my EPU in the morning, but my partner will tell me to stop worrying so wouldnt want to tell him. he is lovely but gets a bit stressed with me for worring etc. I know my EPU would proberbly offer me a scan if they were really worried would this effect my normal 20week scan?
Pains are still there but a lot less often

And... *drum roll*.... I moved my APPOINTMENT! YAY! :happydance:... so now I am going on June 7th... which is at least a little sooner! So I have exactly one month (tomorrow) until my scan! Still far, but not AS far! :D

MommyKC your post has cheered me up as well as my 20wk scan is on the 9th and seems ages away, when you say it like that it's only a month on Sunday!:thumbup:

Im sure everything is fine hun. Try drinking some water and laying down? Maybe they will go away completely?

And I have a "feeling" this one is a boy! Just my first instinct so Im sticking with it!!! :D I was right with my daughter so we will see if Im right again! ;)
And Im booked June 7th... feels like a long time to wait, but its just over 4 weeks.... so I can do THIS! :haha:

How about you Em? When do you go? Are you finding out???

aww, that would be nice huh
one of each :hugs:
4 weeks is great!
gives you time to prepare yourself for either result :rofl:

my appointments 20th May! so only 2 weeks to go :happydance:
i am, i am!
i can't last any longer xxx

Wow that sucks that you can only contact your MW for an hour every morning. What do you do when your labour starts?
I have my MW's cell phone, pager, home number...everything just in case of emergencies. Maybe its different over here? :shrug:
And Im not sure if getting a scan now would affect your 20 week scan. I wouldnt think so though? Since this one would be done due to medical reasons? Thats how it would work here anyway. But the fact that your pains are getting less frequent is a good sign! :thumbup:

And AngelSerenity, Im glad I could cheer you up! It makes it sound bettter when you can say "a month from now"... or after this weekend... "less than a month away".... :happydance:

I decided to ring NHS direct as dont want to be worrying until the morning. They were good help and said that they didnt think i had anything it worry about, it could be my UTI or round ligament pain so relived. They said try having a bath as often if your relaxing and have started to feel movement that having a nice bath might help me feel baby move and relax me more, they said no need to go any further unless pains get worse or i get bleeding :) feel alot better now thanks everyone.
I really need to stop worrying.

We have to ring the labour unit directly when labour starts and then go to the hospital when were having contractions 5 mins apart or your waters break

4 weeks is great!

i am, i am!

Yeah it would be really nice having one of each! But I would be just as happy with a little girl... thrilled in fact! I loved having my little girl the first time, it would be just as nice the second time! But a little boy would be an adventure for me, since I havent done it yet and know NOTHING about boys! :haha: My hubby would really like a boy too... but he's happy either way too!

Wow, you're appointment is coming up soon! YAY for you! :happydance: Be sure to tell us as soon as you know! :D

4 weeks is great!

i am, i am!

Yeah it would be really nice having one of each! But I would be just as happy with a little girl... thrilled in fact! I loved having my little girl the first time, it would be just as nice the second time! But a little boy would be an adventure for me, since I havent done it yet and know NOTHING about boys! :haha: My hubby would really like a boy too... but he's happy either way too!

Wow, you're appointment is coming up soon! YAY for you! :happydance: Be sure to tell us as soon as you know! :D

aww, i know nothing about girls! i have younger brothers and older sisters, but i don't really know anything about little girls :rofl: i'll just have them help me! aww, i bet he's excited too. you got any name ideas yet?

i know i can't wait :happydance: it's so exciting! i can finally call them somehting other than jelly or bean
will do ;) xxx

I decided to ring NHS direct as dont want to be worrying until the morning. They were good help and said that they didnt think i had anything it worry about, it could be my UTI or round ligament pain so relived. They said try having a bath as often if your relaxing and have started to feel movement that having a nice bath might help me feel baby move and relax me more, they said no need to go any further unless pains get worse or i get bleeding :) feel alot better now thanks everyone.

Im glad you feel better! Im sure everything will be just fine! :)

We have to ring the labour unit directly when labour starts and then go to the hospital when were having contractions 5 mins apart or your waters break

And thats how it works here too... but we can get in touch with our midwives at any time too, if we are panicking or have concerns. And when labour starts, we can call our MW to tell them labour has started, and sometimes they will come check you at home PRIOR to going to the hospital. I guess its just a little different thats all. :)

Im glad you feel better! Im sure everything will be just fine! :)

And thats how it works here too... but we can get in touch with our midwives at any time too, if we are panicking or have concerns. And when labour starts, we can call our MW to tell them labour has started, and sometimes they will come check you at home PRIOR to going to the hospital. I guess its just a little different thats all. :)

Yes i just panick nbcuase of last time im not the only one that panics im pretty sure alot of people panic.
im gonna promise myself for babys sake to stop.
Naughty mummy

Em... don't worry! I knew nothing about babies period really when I had my daughter, but you learn quickly! At least with girls, we have SOME experience because we are girls ourselves. ;) But what scares me, is having a little boy and having that little boy GROW UP! And answering certain questions about the birds and the bees, among other things! I guess that's what Daddy's for right? :rofl:

And I cant wait for that too. I find once you know what you're having, you almost have a closer bond with your baby knowing its a little boy or girl in there, instead of an "it". lol

And you are definitely NOT the only one that panics!!! All moms (especially new moms) panic! And it doesnt even stop once they are born either! :nope:

I agree i cant wait to be able to call my baby by its name i can call baby chole or simon and not it. i feel really bad saying it but nothing else seems right, always feels to boyish or girlish

And about the panicing i know i will when its born, i wont dare leave baby in a room on its own when sleeing at 1st, and i well wake myself up every 15mins to cheak baby is ok

Em... don't worry! I knew nothing about babies period really when I had my daughter, but you learn quickly! At least with girls, we have SOME experience because we are girls ourselves. ;) But what scares me, is having a little boy and having that little boy GROW UP! And answering certain questions about the birds and the bees, among other things! I guess that's what Daddy's for right? :rofl:

And I cant wait for that too. I find once you know what you're having, you almost have a closer bond with your baby knowing its a little boy or girl in there, instead of an "it". lol

i don't really do babies, but you know! :rofl: guess we all have to do some time or anotherr. You have a good point! oh god. we're having that talk early! no way are they ending up like me! :dohh:

yeahh i see what you mean!! :flower:

so how's everyone feeling today? xxx

I had the birds and the bees talk and the angel i lost still came when i was on the pill, this one was planned

Yes you cant help but want them they take over your heart. Im much better now how are you feeling, excited about your scan. I remember how excited i was thinking yay only 2 weeks

i'm so excited! i can't wait to find out if they're healthy and growing properly, doesn't even matter if i don't find out :blue:/:pink:
yeahh xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"