**** October Bumpkins 2010 ****

Anyone else getting a lot of headaches? I'm getting these terrible ones that start as tension headaches in the back of my neck and last for 2-3 days. I had these before I got pregnant as well, just not as often. I think part of it might be stress as well and constantly worrying about what I need to get done before baby is here and worrying that baby is okay! I'm currently on day 2 of one of these horrid things...
Guess I should clairfy that day 1 of the headache is the really bad day, then it's followed by a couple days of it being there but not as bad - like I still have a headache but it's not as horrible and pounding - it's just hanging around and won't go away. I think this headache is my own fault though.. all weekend I was up super late and not getting as much rest as I should have!

Girls you really mustn't talk so much whilst I am at work, takes me ages to catch up! :rofl: It's taken me my whole dinnertime to catch up!

Laurietate - I'm sorry to hear about your pig of a husband. Just one thing about your pram, buying 2nd hand is ace but you must not buy a 2nd hand carseat, you can not guarantee that it's not been in a crash or been damaged in anyway.

Laura you piggy :lol: I've had 2 packets of hula hoops and a jacket potatoe with tuna, cheese and coleslaw today. :rofl: and I just called you a piggy! :lol:

Due#1 - Stay positive! I had a massive argument with my sister this weekend as she thought we where silly buying our nursery furniture and pram before our 20 week scan, I'm sick of people being so fricking negative about our baby! I say go for it. We did :D We have managed to get our pram on the pay when you like scheme and they keep it until we want it.

Thanks lol i try to be more positive, i only saw LO on sat and was fine so gonne be positive. I just got back and now ordering the furniture :) its quite good to know once these have arrived and ive recieved the pram. i dont have anything massivley big to buy, just clothes, baby monitors, cot bedding set, and little thigns like thermometers and stuff :)

well thanks girls for the support, just found out he has been doing it for the last month or so behind me back whilst we been trying to work things out!!
What a complete arshole!!! I dont want contact with him now only that when he picks up regs. x

Juless - certainly sounds like stress related headaches you'll need to try and rest and relax more I know thats easier said than done but you and baby's health most important thing.

Due#1 - bet your excited at ordering your furniture.

Laurie - Can't believe he was doing it behind your back while you thought you were trying to work things out and while your expecting his baby for godsake, I don't think arsehole is a strong enough word for this poor excuse of a man. Really feel for you at the moment but you don't need me to tell you your well shot of him. :hugs:

well thanks girls for the support, just found out he has been doing it for the last month or so behind me back whilst we been trying to work things out!!
What a complete arshole!!! I dont want contact with him now only that when he picks up regs. x

Aww bless ya hun dont blame you. If he has been like that when your expecting his LO you are better off without him. im sure you will do a brill job. At least you found out the truth now and not months and months down the line

Juless - certainly sounds like stress related headaches you'll need to try and rest and relax more I know thats easier said than done but you and baby's health most important thing.

Due#1 - bet your excited at ordering your furniture.

Laurie - Can't believe he was doing it behind your back while you thought you were trying to work things out and while your expecting his baby for godsake, I don't think arsehole is a strong enough word for this poor excuse of a man. Really feel for you at the moment but you don't need me to tell you your well shot of him. :hugs:

Yay its ordered :happydance: Cotbed due on the 17th and changing table due on the 19th :happydance:
Also got my popping cnady had to buy it with a lolly though so will try that soon :)

Due#1 - At least you've not got too long to wait for it to arrive thats good you'll have fun building it (unless it comes built that is :dohh:), its so exciting getting new things like being a kid at Christmas :haha:.

Good luck with the popping candy.

Due#1 - At least you've not got too long to wait for it to arrive thats good you'll have fun building it (unless it comes built that is :dohh:), its so exciting getting new things like being a kid at Christmas :haha:.

Ive just though the changing table is due the same day as my scan, how funny lol. Im so excited. i think we will leave them diasembled until about 30 weeks lol just got them because of the price. in the babys room atm there is a bed we used to use for guests so thats got to be taken down before cot will fit. And my OH will be doing all the work

These are what i ordered
https://i954.photobucket.com/albums/ae27/Mummy-2-be-2010/changing.jpg
and
https://i954.photobucket.com/albums/ae27/Mummy-2-be-2010/cotbed.jpg

Wow, I can't catch up with everyone as I'm at work but wanted to pop in and welcome the new ladies.
Congratulations to those who found out what their lil one is ;)
Is it just me or does there seem to be a lot of boys??
Hope everyone had a wonderful Mothers Day!! :flower:

Good morning/afternoon ladies!

WOW, you guys have been busy! Just trying to look through the threads, everytime I click a new page.. there's a NEW page in addition to it! I can't keep up! I guess that's what I get for not coming on here yesterday! :haha:

Laura - Im glad to hear your sister is feeling better. Did she recieve your doppler? Has she been able to hear bubs heartbeat?

Buttonnose - I am so sorry about your grandma. :( That's always really hard to deal with. My Grandpa passed away 1.5 years ago... and it was so hard on me. I was very close with him growing up and the hardest part for me, was my daughter was 2 months old when he died (I live about 5 hours away) and I couldn't manage to get down there to see him (due to crappy winter storms)... and he died before he ever saw her. :( It still bothers me... but I like to think he can see her now, even if it's not the same. :hugs: Keep your chin up... hopefully she will make it until cupcake arrives!

So how was everyones weekend? Mine was okay. I'm STILL sick with this cold! :growlmad: Yeah.. not impressed. But yesterday was Mothers Day here... so I wanted to wish you all a Happy Mothers Day as well! My hubby bought me this little statue of a pregnant lady! It's so cute! Have a look:
https://www.babybuds.com.au/webfiles/BabybudsAU/webpages/images/10532/26082_72_335_lg.jpg

Anyways, I thought it was really sweet for Mothers Day! :D

I also wanted to congratulate all you ladies who found out what you're having!!! LOTS of blue bumps!!! :happydance: And welcome newbies! :D

OH, and 4 weeks TODAY until my scan! I cannot WAIT! :happydance:

Hi quick question ladies, im 19weeks on wed, scan in 9days, seen cot is sale and not sure if it will still be avaliavle then do you think its too ealry to get cot and changer?

Definitely not too early! I had my crib (cot) by 15 weeks when I was pregnant with my daughter. My dad actually bought it for us and he just couldn't wait! lol

It worked baby was having a party. Dont know if it will work for everyone but did for me. I might have to try this trick again if baby gets lazy :winkwink: going to try the bath trick tonight also

Anyone else getting a lot of headaches? I'm getting these terrible ones that start as tension headaches in the back of my neck and last for 2-3 days. I had these before I got pregnant as well, just not as often. I think part of it might be stress as well and constantly worrying about what I need to get done before baby is here and worrying that baby is okay! I'm currently on day 2 of one of these horrid things...
Guess I should clairfy that day 1 of the headache is the really bad day, then it's followed by a couple days of it being there but not as bad - like I still have a headache but it's not as horrible and pounding - it's just hanging around and won't go away. I think this headache is my own fault though.. all weekend I was up super late and not getting as much rest as I should have!

I've been getting some nasty headaches... but my midwife told me it can be from a vitamin E defficiency (common in pregnancy) or when I'm dehydrated. I find if I drink a lot of water, my headache tends to get better. Or try putting a cool cloth on your head/neck to see if it helps?

Hi quick question ladies, im 19weeks on wed, scan in 9days, seen cot is sale and not sure if it will still be avaliavle then do you think its too ealry to get cot and changer?

Definitely not too early! I had my crib (cot) by 15 weeks when I was pregnant with my daughter. My dad actually bought it for us and he just couldn't wait! lol

Thanks, well its on order now away way, 1st thing due 17 and 2nd item due 19th may day of my scan :happydance:

Oh well thats exciting! I couldnt wait to get my crib/change table! We had everything assembled and put in the baby's room (with my daughter) by the time I was 25 weeks I think! :haha:

Oh well thats exciting! I couldnt wait to get my crib/change table! We had everything assembled and put in the baby's room (with my daughter) by the time I was 25 weeks I think! :haha:

I can see me being like that. got the moses basket and everything else lol. And being given a pram at the end of the month, so when i got that and these 2 things arrive i will only have little bits and bobs to buy all of the big stuff is out the way

I just wanted to check in and update (its been a loooong time!!) I am due on the 6th and I am team PINK!!!!!! I hope you ladies are doing well! I see that someone is having some drama with their man but I have no idea what...I am going to skim through and see what this is about and put in my two cents if thats okay??? xx

Due #1-2010 - Wow good for you! You basically have all the big necessities! Thats what we did too... I found its better to pick up odds and ends throughout pregnancy rather then spending a fortune all at once.

litteredhen - Congrats on your pink bump!!! Having a little girl is truly amazing, trust me! And Im not sure whats going on about one of these gals with their man either... I coudln't find the beginning of that thread! lol

Yes, we have alot of neutral clothes 2, and stocked up on size 1 nappies from free cupons lol, and also got johnsons baby stuff stocked up from the baby event, already got the mat for the top of the changer :)
So all i need is clothes when we know the sex, bedding sets for cot and moses basket, themomether, baby monitors and all things like that.
Already got bottles also for when i want to start expressiong or if baby needs water.
I cant beleive im so organised tbh

Yes, we have alot of neutral clothes 2, and stocked up on size 1 nappies from free cupons lol, and also got johnsons baby stuff stocked up from the baby event, already got the mat for the top of the changer :)
So all i need is clothes when we know the sex, bedding sets for cot and moses basket, themomether, baby monitors and all things like that.
Already got bottles also for when i want to start expressiong or if baby needs water.
I cant beleive im so organised tbh

Well thats awesome! :thumbup: You'll feel alot less panicky when you get closer to the birth, knowing you have everything! :D

I havent bought any clothes yet because we have TONNES of girl clothes from my daughter, if its a girl... and my friend dropped off a bunch of boy clothes last week... in case it's a boy. So once we know, I will start sorting through the stuff, and picking out whatever I can use and the rest will go to goodwill or my best friend who is having a girl (if I'm having a boy!)... and THEN we will start buying some new outfits too.
We also bought a big box of size 1 diapers last week... I always have tonnes of johnson products for my daughter so I dont know if we'll buy much more... maybe a couple bottles to put away for this baby but we always have tonnes of it in the house. I want to buy a new change pad for the top of the change table since the one from my daughter is getting ripped (the plastic part) and I have to keep several blankets on top of it. We also need a new insert for the tub to bathe baby... and some new soothers, etc. But we already have bottles too, thermometers... we'll need new bedding if its a boy and I need to buy a new monitor because again, my daughters is getting worn out! :haha:

I just cant wait to find out what we're having so I can get the rest of this shopping DONE! :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->