**** October Bumpkins 2010 ****

congrats on your :pink: bump that you already had :rofl: xx

and thanks Katie :hugs: i'm just scared, you know? what if i can't do this.. xxxx

I know... it is scary the first time around. But you CAN do this! :) Many women have had babies unexpectedly... and many at YOUNG ages too. ;) And they manage just fine! You will do whatever you need to do in order to take care of your baby and everything will turn out wonderfully, you'll see! :hugs:

hey mommymc, coughing will be fine. i hnad a major coughing fit a few weeks ago and it really hurt my tummy but it passed. as you cant take cough medicine i just drank plenty of water and used vix on my chest which helped.

Serenity hunny im so so glad to hear everything is well with the LO, the cord wont cause any problems will it hun?

xxx

how did you get to be so good at this? :hugs: xxxxx

LOL I don't know? In highschool, I was always the "go-to" girl for my friends problems... kind of like my friends' personal shrink! lol And I like to help people. :) I guess I should have been a psychiatrist or something...but who wants to spend 10 years in university? :rofl:
That, and I've been through lots of stuff in my life, or at least had close friends/family go through a lot... so it gave me different perspectives on stuff! :D

aww i suck at helping with problems :haha: i tend to be the 'freak-out' girl. :blush: xxx

LOL well we all have "freak out" moments at some point! I know I have! ;) :rofl:

Due#1-2010... I know this might sound strange but can I ask your name? It seems silly to keep calling you by "Due #1-2010" lol...
I have one of those bath thermometers, only its shaped like a turtle. I actually lent to my pregnant friend, since I hardly ever used it... so she could test the bath water before hopping in... since its bad to have hot baths while pregnant. So she still has it.
Ummm let me think of some essentials that I used all the time with my daughter(that you havent mentioned)....
-Baby Wash Cloths /towels
-Recieving blankets (good for when baby spits up)
-Onesies/sleepers
-Soothers (just because my daughter loved to suck on anything and everything lol)
-A musical mobile or CD player in their room to play soft music
-Baby swing (you don't NEED this right away but it works wonders when baby is fussy - I could put Kyree in it, turn it on... and she'd go to sleep! :D)
-A carseat insert that zips up, to keep them warm
-Baby products (baby powder, baby wash, diaper cream, wipes, diapers)
-Bottle rack (to put sterilized bottles on to let them dry)
-Diaper Bag

I think those are the main ones... and neutral clothes are fine with me too! I dont want to buy anything NEW until I know what we're having! ;)

And litteredhen... that's really sweet! :cry: A chandelier will look gorgeous in her room! There is something extra sweet about little girls! I wouldnt trade my little princess for ANYTHING in the world (goes without saying!) lol I was so happy when I found out she was a girl too... I always wanted that mummy-daughter relationship. This time, I really don't mind either way. I would LOVE a little boy, to have one of each... but another little girl would be just as precious!!!
Just had to catch up on 10 pages now i know why its so hard when we do all the tailking. My name is Phillippa. thanks for the advice on the rest of stuff for the baby :) i am getting really excited about my 20 week scan its 1week away tomorrow :happydance: already got a really nice nappy bag Diaper bag which is blue in colour with flowers on one side, so if my OH took the baby out on his own at all he could have it the opposite way and just show the blue.

Due#1 -so the popping candy worked :thumbup: fab will have to try that.

MommyKC - your statue is so nice what a lovely thing for your OH to have got you.

Littleredhen - I'm due on the 6th too and having a girl :happydance: so I will have 2 princesses and a prince. I find my daughter a lot more expensive to buy for as theres so much choice for clothing and pretty things for their rooms and now I'm going to have two I'll be well and truely skint, never mind thier worth it :cloud9:.

Yes try it and let me know if it works for you

Ha ha MommyKC. When I came out of the scan I already had a text from her saying Is everything ok with the baby, is it definetely a girl? I text her back and havent heard from her since!
Thanks EmandBub and Laura.
Laura, they arent overly concerned about the cord, sonographer told me that they don't even tell expectant mums that their baby does have the cord around the neck because it happens to 1 in 3 pregnancies and they dont want to cause unecessary worry. xxx

Ha ha MommyKC. When I came out of the scan I already had a text from her saying Is everything ok with the baby, is it definetely a girl? I text her back and havent heard from her since!
Thanks EmandBub and Laura.
Laura, they arent overly concerned about the cord, sonographer told me that they don't even tell expectant mums that their baby does have the cord around the neck because it happens to 1 in 3 pregnancies and they dont want to cause unecessary worry. xxx

if i knew the cord was around baby's neck i would just freak out, so unless they were concerned i would prefer them not to tell me
Congrats on the conformation of the :pink: bump you already knew about

Aww Phillippa, what a very unique and pretty name!
And your diaper bag sounds cute! Good idea with getting one that hubby can use too. With my daughter, we bought a greenish coloured one so my hubby wouldn't feel out of place using it!

And Em... at least you're honest about it! ;) :rofl:

Aww Phillippa, what a very unique and pretty name!
And your diaper bag sounds cute! Good idea with getting one that hubby can use too. With my daughter, we bought a greenish coloured one so my hubby wouldn't feel out of place using it!

And Em... at least you're honest about it! ;) :rofl:

Thanks, may i ask what you name is as i dont know sorry :blush:

Yes i thought it was best, also comes with a plasitic changing mat inside, one that can be folded up (with no padding) to use when your out and about if you dont beleive the changing facilities are that clean.

Em i turn 18 in june and even though i am so happy about having a baby i am also scared. i think anyone at any age is, its so a big change so if you weren't i think there would be something wrong

Oh but she said because I had already been informed via another source then she would discuss it with me. To be honest, I really dont think she approved of the fact I had been for a private scan to be honest xxx

Oh but she said because I had already been informed via another source then she would discuss it with me. To be honest, I really dont think she approved of the fact I had been for a private scan to be honest xxx

Aww well it was up to you if you want a private scan to see your baby. TBH to only see your baby twice in 40 weeks isnt a massive amount

you're right both of youu :rofl: you make me feel better! just wish FOB cared as much as half the girls on here :cry:
but who needs men! xxx

Phillippa - my name is Kate/Katie... I go by either! :)
And my bag came with a changing pad too... VERY helpful when you're out and about with bubs!

Serenity - you're right, many babies have the cord around the neck. I have actually heard the cord often wraps around the neck, and then unwraps, and then wraps, over and over throughout pregnancy. It's completely normal. There are tonnes of things that you can worry about in pregnancy but it's always best to stay positive! :thumbup:

you're right both of youu :rofl: you make me feel better! just wish FOB cared as much as half the girls on here :cry:
but who needs men! xxx

Exactly, i am glad i have FOB around.
But i know many people who dont/ didnt and are doing an amazing job :thumbup: and im sure you will

but who needs men! xxx

Agreed! If you can't have a man in your life that will be a positive influence on your child, and support YOU every step of the way, then better to not have any man at all! :hugs:

Phillippa - my name is Kate/Katie... I go by either! :)
And my bag came with a changing pad too... VERY helpful when you're out and about with bubs!

Serenity - you're right, many babies have the cord around the neck. I have actually heard the cord often wraps around the neck, and then unwraps, and then wraps, over and over throughout pregnancy. It's completely normal. There are tonnes of things that you can worry about in pregnancy but it's always best to stay positive! :thumbup:

Aww nice name it was one we concidered for out bubs if its a girl, but decided it didnt go with the middle names we have chosen.
Yes i can see it being very useful.

I just worry so much anyway so any reason to worry even if unjustified i would

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"