**** October Bumpkins 2010 ****

Yeah... well it never sinks in completely, even for us... until baby is born and we can finally see them. But we "feel" like mothers much sooner than men "feel" like fathers. They have to actually hold their baby before they are a Daddy.

And you might be focusing on it too hard. What do you do when you lay on your back? Are you feeling in your tummy with your hand? I seem to be able to get Pumpkin moving by gentlty pressing down on my uterus... I basically feel around in there for him, and he often wiggles because of it. Just laying there won't get him moving, and even light taps doesn't really work either. Try using your hand, similar to how you would use a doppler. It's okay to press around in there, you won't hurt baby... there's lots of protection! And try drinking some cold water beforehand too. :)

Thanks yes i do just lie there that is proberly be the problem. I get scared of pressing on my belly i dont know why though as i do it with the doppler. Is there anything particular i should be feeling for with my hand when i press down. thanks for all the advice by the way. i dont really know many people who are or have been in my situation so cant really ask them.

No worries - that's what Im here for! lol ;)
And right now, its hard to really make out body parts or anything, but just feel around for little lumps and changes in shape, etc. At 19 weeks, your uterus is just about at your belly button... so anywhere below that, you can feel around for baby.
Don't be afraid of hurting him/her. Obviously you're not going to be jabbing your hands in there, but its perfectly fine to feel around. Kind of how you would gently knead doh for bread or something? If that makes sense? Just feel around in there, and if you feel a lump, try to gently move it and you just might get a little wiggle out of baby! :D

My midwife told me you would have to hurt yourself by poking around too hard, LONG before you would even hurt baby.

No worries - that's what Im here for! lol ;)
And right now, its hard to really make out body parts or anything, but just feel around for little lumps and changes in shape, etc. At 19 weeks, your uterus is just about at your belly button... so anywhere below that, you can feel around for baby.
Don't be afraid of hurting him/her. Obviously you're not going to be jabbing your hands in there, but its perfectly fine to feel around. Kind of how you would gently knead doh for bread or something? If that makes sense? Just feel around in there, and if you feel a lump, try to gently move it and you just might get a little wiggle out of baby! :D

My midwife told me you would have to hurt yourself by poking around too hard, LONG before you would even hurt baby.
I will definfightly try that later and update you tommorrow if it works. Now i know i can press hard without hurting baby i dont mind. Also now i know to feel for a lump i knwo what to feel for, as orgiginally i was just guessing and just lying my hand on top of my belly anywhere lol. Hope LO co-operates.
And thansk iknow where to come if i need adivces.
My heartburn for the evening has just kicked in. Anyone else getting heartburn yet?

Great, let me know how it goes and if you feel anything! :)

I don't have heartburn... YET! With my daughter, it kicked in around 25 weeks so I am expecting it to start anytime (since everything seems to be happening sooner this time around!)

Lol, i dont get it in the day. I jsut get it in the eveing and it is hell by the time i go to bed and stops me getting to sleep. Need to get some rennies or something.
Has your sleep become distupted yet. I keep waking up loads beucase i am not comfy etc.

That's when I always had it too (at night time)... especially when I layed down. I found sleeping on two pillows sometimes helped since gravity seemed to make it worse! lol

My sleep has been disrupted since Day 1... but then again, I also have a toddler who occasionally wakes up in the middle of the night. But the main reason I wake up during the night now (at least 1-2 times) is to use the washroom. :wacko:

That's when I always had it too (at night time)... especially when I layed down. I found sleeping on two pillows sometimes helped since gravity seemed to make it worse! lol

My sleep has been disrupted since Day 1... but then again, I also have a toddler who occasionally wakes up in the middle of the night. But the main reason I wake up during the night now (at least 1-2 times) is to use the washroom. :wacko:

Yes i have that problem as well, and once its normally about 5.30 and is starting to get light so takes ages to get to sleep lol.
Dam heartburn i really need to get something for it is horrible tonight :( what makes it happen so much more in pregnancy?

Yes you should try getting something, even Tums helped me.
The reason its worse in pregnancy is from your uterus pushing up on your stomach, this causes the acid reflux into your throat causing the "heartburn"... it's not fun at all. :(
And it only get worse, unfortunately. :hugs:

The reason its worse in pregnancy is from your uterus pushing up on your stomach, this causes the acid reflux into your throat causing the "heartburn"... it's not fun at all. :(

Thanks might get OH to get me some tomorrow as dont think i can wait until monday. i will also try the pillow thing tonight.
Anyone got any good ideas for someone who normally only sleeps on back or tummy, who actually can't get comfy on side, and if i do fall asleep on side i wake up later on my back

It's okay to sleep on your back. I know you will hear mixed opinions but my midwife says its fine as long as it's comfortable for you.
With my daughter, I slept on my back off and on, all the way through, until I delivered her!
The only time it's dangerous is if the weight of baby cuts off the circulation to your legs (therefore pressing on your main artery) and if this happens, you will know because you WILL wake up and your legs will be numb.
As long as you feel okay (no numbness or dizziness), then it's fine!

I'm a tummy sleeper aswell, so it's been hard giving that up. I found sleeping with a pillow between my legs helps with getting comfortable as well.

can i be added? i'm due on october 14. i guess that im having a boy but don't know for sure yet.

Opps I forgot to say in my previous post what I guess we are having, I think we are having a girl :D (Due 24th Oct) Hope to find out for sure in afew weeks :D

Carol X

Thanks might get OH to get me some tomorrow as dont think i can wait until monday. i will also try the pillow thing tonight.
Anyone got any good ideas for someone who normally only sleeps on back or tummy, who actually can't get comfy on side, and if i do fall asleep on side i wake up later on my back

My doctor and pharmacist said not to use Tums. Not sure why :wacko:

I've found that Gaviscon is brilliant! I have been getting heartburn since 3 days before my :bfp:

As for the sleeping, I really want to sleep on my back but I'm not because of all the things I've read in pregnancy books about it being bad for baby, if H2B finds me on my back he tells me off and rolls me onto my side :rofl:

I bought a maternity pillow, I put that around the front of me and then between my legs and I also have a maternity wedge that I put under my back. SO comfortable! :)

Grrrr my ticker says 16+3 but I'm 16+5 :wacko:

****UPDATED TO HERE****

Had a emergancy scan today due to leaking everything fine.... But im having another BOY!!!! Team Blue for me whoop whoop!!

Hi Everyone :wave:,

Congrats to those that have found out gender and welcome to the newbies.

Mummyconfused - Glad to here everythings ok and congrats on another boy.

I've got trapped wind today and its so so sore :cry:.

Jo xx

:thumbup:I've felt my boy kick all morning!!! woohoo! Previously I've only felt him in the evening but he's been moving around loads today! I'm so happy:happydance:

20 weeks TOMORROW, so excited!

then I can start counting DOWN instead of counting up!

Hi Everyone :wave:,

Congrats to those that have found out gender and welcome to the newbies.

Mummyconfused - Glad to here everythings ok and congrats on another boy.

I've got trapped wind today and its so so sore :cry:.

Jo xx

Trapped wind is sooooo painful! I spoke to my doctor about it and I was given Windeze tablets which work brilliantly!

Mummyconfused congratulations on :blue: and I'm glad everything is ok! Did they say what the leak was?

Thanks BB will have to get some of that its eased off a bit now thank god, seems to be something I get lot.

BB... you were told Tums are bad? Huh... weird! lol... that was the only thing I was told that was safe, and it even says on the bottle it's safe for pregnant women? It's weird how you hear one thing from medical professional, and something different from another! Grrrr! lol :wacko: And those maternity pillows are great! I used a body pillow for a while with my daughter but my hubby made me get rid of it since it left hardly any room for him in the bed! :haha: so I found just using one of those boppy pillows (for breastfeeding) worked fine since it fit perfectly between my legs. I havent started using it this time yet but I imagine I will soon! :D

mommyconfused - congrats on your scan being normal and on having another little boy! So exciting! :happydance: 25 days for me until I find out! lol

I have been feeling little pokes this morning which I LOVE! :D I can't wait until they get stronger and more frequent! And I'm feeling a little better this morning too which MUST mean I'm slowly getting rid of this cold!!! :thumbup:

Hope all is well with everyone! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->