**** October Bumpkins 2010 ****

WOW! After complaining about not feeling the baby wiggle for days, last night I was feeling proper kicks. I was laying on my back in bed, and he/she was really going for it! That's not even the best part though, I realised I could feel it on the outside too, so I grabbed my husband's hand and so did he! He's over the moon!

Argh, I just can't wait till the scan! I want to know if we're having a Poppy or a Dylan, lol. We booked tickets to the baby show last night too, for the day after the scan, so I'm going to have a huge shopping trip! :D

Hello Ladies

I know that I'm a little bit late in becoming an October Bumpkin, but can I join in please?

I was a 100% November Sparkler until I had my 12wk scan yesterday...which turned into 16+3 wks! :blush:

So I'm now due around 24th October. A bit of a shock and just goes to show that what you think is AF isn't always the case :winkwink:

Love n' hugs xx

Aww congrats PreggyEggy on feeling actual kicks... and I bet your husband was thrilled! So exciting! I can't wait until I can feel movement from the outside! :D When is your scan again? I bet it's coming up soon! LUCKY! I am dying to go shopping for this baby!

Angelpuss - wow, you were off by 4 weeks? :rofl:... sorry, that's just a little funny! But you're right - especially if you aren't regular... it's hard knowing exactly when you ovulate/concieve... etc! But I bet you're excited? I would be THRILLED if I found out I was 4 weeks further along than I thought! lol So congrats to you! You can have your gender scan in a few more weeks (if you choose!). :happydance: xx

It's okay to sleep on your back. I know you will hear mixed opinions but my midwife says its fine as long as it's comfortable for you.
With my daughter, I slept on my back off and on, all the way through, until I delivered her!
The only time it's dangerous is if the weight of baby cuts off the circulation to your legs (therefore pressing on your main artery) and if this happens, you will know because you WILL wake up and your legs will be numb.
As long as you feel okay (no numbness or dizziness), then it's fine!

I'm a tummy sleeper aswell, so it's been hard giving that up. I found sleeping with a pillow between my legs helps with getting comfortable as well.

Ok thankyou very usful to know, i had read you should sleep on your back so i havent been. But keep finding myself on my ack half way through the nigh.
6days to go, just read aout someone who's baby had no heartbeat at 20 week scan, and after reading that im scared :(
how is everyone

Angelpuss - wow, you were off by 4 weeks? :rofl:... sorry, that's just a little funny! But you're right - especially if you aren't regular... it's hard knowing exactly when you ovulate/concieve... etc! But I bet you're excited? I would be THRILLED if I found out I was 4 weeks further along than I thought! lol So congrats to you! You can have your gender scan in a few more weeks (if you choose!). :happydance: xx

But the problem is that I was regular, and had what was exactly like AF...same length, same bleeding, same cramps!!! But which obviously wasn't!! There were no other symptoms at all... I was certain of when I had conceived and even had what I thought was an implantation bleed, at about the right sort of time, which is what made me think I was pregnant and is why I did a hpt!!!

I'm just really glad that I didn't know the truth at the time because it would really have frightened me!

When she told me that I was more like 16 wks and not 12 wks, the first thing I said was HOW!!! :rofl: And she could have told us yesterday whether it was pink or blue as she was fairly certain...but we weren't prepared for that!!

XX

Dont worry Phillippa... everywhere you go, you will hear about horror stories. Technically, you "can" lose your baby ANY time in pregnancy... heck, you can lose your child anytime due to illness, etc... worrying just comes with the territory of being a parent. But it's important to stay positive and not worry about the bad things that may happen! And especially if you've been feeling movement, Im sure bubs will be perfect at your scan! :hugs:

Wow angelpuss... you were regular too? Crazy! But I've heard of some women getting "period-like" bleeding early in pregnancy so that must be what you had? :shrug:...I know what you mean though, about it being a good thing you didn't know you were pregnant at that time. I probably would have panicked too! But I bet you were shocked when you found this out!!! I would have been! But what a nice surprise either way! Just think, you're 4 weeks closer to meeting your baby now! :D And it's almost as if you just skipped those 4 weeks!

Dont worry Phillippa... everywhere you go, you will hear about horror stories. Technically, you "can" lose your baby ANY time in pregnancy... heck, you can lose your child anytime due to illness, etc... worrying just comes with the territory of being a parent. But it's important to stay positive and not worry about the bad things that may happen! And especially if you've been feeling movement, Im sure bubs will be perfect at your scan! :hugs:

Wow angelpuss... you were regular too? Crazy! But I've heard of some women getting "period-like" bleeding early in pregnancy so that must be what you had? :shrug:...I know what you mean though, about it being a good thing you didn't know you were pregnant at that time. I probably would have panicked too! But I bet you were shocked when you found this out!!! I would have been! But what a nice surprise either way! Just think, you're 4 weeks closer to meeting your baby now! :D And it's almost as if you just skipped those 4 weeks!

Yes,i dont know why i am worrying baby was moving loads this morning. I got that worried i did a doppler as soon as i read it. and baby's heartbeat is still there an as fast as ever.
I'm feeling really ill today and no idea why came on at about 1pm and not gone anywhere since. And my hearturn is here with vengance too

Aww yuck, Im sorry you're feeling sick today. :( Feel better soon. I am JUST starting to feel a tad better today, finally... after a WEEK!

And try not to worry. I know it's hard, because of what you've been through before... but worrying won't do you or your baby any good. So just stay positive and keep your chin up. Everything WILL be fine and you'll be holding your little peanut real soon! :hugs:

Aww yuck, Im sorry you're feeling sick today. :( Feel better soon. I am JUST starting to feel a tad better today, finally... after a WEEK!

And try not to worry. I know it's hard, because of what you've been through before... but worrying won't do you or your baby any good. So just stay positive and keep your chin up. Everything WILL be fine and you'll be holding your little peanut real soon! :hugs:

Gosh that sounds a bit scary when you say i will be holiding :baby: soon. however it will be really amazing though.
Yes its just today, not sure if ive been doing to much and need to have a bit of a rest and stop doing quite or much

:
But I bet you were shocked when you found this out!!! I would have been! But what a nice surprise either way! Just think, you're 4 weeks closer to meeting your baby now! :D And it's almost as if you just skipped those 4 weeks!

Shocked is an understatement!! My OH nearly fell off the chair. But it is exciting to have "skipped" four weeks, and to wonder whether those feelings in my tummy are actually the baby moving around :happydance:

:
But I bet you were shocked when you found this out!!! I would have been! But what a nice surprise either way! Just think, you're 4 weeks closer to meeting your baby now! :D And it's almost as if you just skipped those 4 weeks!

Shocked is an understatement!! My OH nearly fell off the chair. But it is exciting to have "skipped" four weeks, and to wonder whether those feelings in my tummy are actually the baby moving around :happydance:

At least that means 4weeks less waiting for you. I was shocked that my dates were moved forward 4days let alone 4 weeks

I'm lying! :rofl:

I thought I was due on the 14th and got moved to the 23rd! Not two weeks at all :lol:

9 days its still long enough to be moved back.
I just wish i could hibernate for the next 5days until the day of my scan next wed

Ah well, can't make my little boy grow any quicker! :rofl:

aww no exaclty. Im just hoping they dont change mine at the 20week scan. As its my half way day as well so extra specia l:thumbup:

They shouldn't change it at this point. After approx. 13 weeks, all babies grow at different rates... so your due date shouldnt change regardless of how big/small baby is... it just means your baby just had a growth spurt, or is about to have one... it doesn't make a different with your EDD I don't think. Later in pregnancy, I ALWAYS measured ahead... so I thought I was going to have Kyree early or she was going to be a big baby... but she was 5 days LATE and 7lbs 11oz which is completely normal and perfect! :D

Ah well, can't make my little boy grow any quicker! :rofl:

aww no exaclty. Im just hoping they dont change mine at the 20week scan. As its my half way day as well so extra specia l:thumbup:

They shouldn't change it at this point. After approx. 13 weeks, all babies grow at different rates... so your due date shouldnt change regardless of how big/small baby is... it just means your baby just had a growth spurt, or is about to have one... it doesn't make a different with your EDD I don't think. Later in pregnancy, I ALWAYS measured ahead... so I thought I was going to have Kyree early or she was going to be a big baby... but she was 5 days LATE and 7lbs 11oz which is completely normal and perfect! :D

Aww lol thats good to know. just want to to arrive now so i can see my big baby again :) as i know it will be so big compared to last time :D

I know the feeling. The 20 week scan is AMAZING though! Your baby will actually LOOK like a baby and it's crazy how much they wiggle around! I can't wait for it either! :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->