**** October Bumpkins 2010 ****

I'm hoping to work upto 36-37weeks, take 2 weeks annual leave and then only 1 weeks maternity before he is due :rofl:

I would love to leave now but that's not even realistic! :lol:

I have no other choice really. My Department is closing in August and the tenancy on my flat runs out in August so im moving back up North. I start my maternity leave so early so i can get the flat packed up, cleaned and then move up north and start house huting and job hunting for the OH before the baby gets here. Its all so hectic but im really looking forward to moving and leaving work and having a totally fresh start for the baby. We arent happy living where we are.

xxx

ii have tried re setting my second ticker and the site says in 18+6 when im 19 weeks today. I have no idea whats happening. I know that one is normally slow updating but not normally this slow. :wacko:

I'm having problems with the same one as yout top one!

You have a good excuse to go on maternity leave early! :D I need to work aslong as possible because I didn't realise how crap maternity pay was! 90% of wages for 6 weeks then 33 weeks at £124.88 a week! :shock:

have you tried changing the GMT when re setting it cause i wasnt and it took me ages to work out why it was jumping forward days. :wacko:

I know it is awful. thats what i get to. I think i worked it out as £475 for the first 6 weeks then £123 odd for the remaining 33. Its apaulling. But we can afford to live on OHs wage so will manage just fine i think. My maternity pay will start August so ill have a full months pay for July i think.

Stupid question but does maternity pay actually get paid monthly or weekly?

xx

It will be how ever you normally get paid as it's your employer that pays it even though it's statuatory.

I will get just under £800 for my first month then I think then about £600 the next month then it will drop to the £124.88 per week. I need to sit and work it out properly!

suppose to just to wait and see what happens when i start getting paid it. I think its ridiculous how crap the pay is concidering how hard i have worked over the time that i have been here. Plus its a police force i work for as well.

Laura i had trouble with my baby gaga ticker yesterday and today so i have scrapped it and went with a different one lol

For those of us due october 1st - we are now half way to due date! 20 weeks so we can start counting down instead of up!

How exciting that over the next 4 weeks we will all hit that magical 20 weeks, next goal being 24 yay!

it seems to be working ok now. Think there may have been a glitch in the site.

I cant believe how quick it is going. one wee to go for me until the 20 week point. Its going to fly by though and then only another week to go until my scan. :happydance:

Hi ladies!

I have posted thing someweher else put may get more response here!

I choose to have the blood tests for the downs and spina bifida, and these were taking on monday. Do you think had anything shown up i would have heard something by now? I know otherwise u usually get it in a letter! Thanks xxx

Im really not sure hun as mine came back all clear in the letter they sent. You should receive it in 7 days, no later. May i as how come the bloods were taken so late? I had mine done the day i had my nuchal scan.

xxx

I had my blood tests for Downs & Spina Bifida on the 22nd Apil and have had no letter, should I have heard about results or if everything is ok do you not hear?

They dont do the nuchal scan here so its done by bloods between 16weeks and 20 weeks if you choose it! I wish they did it when they scan!

If you havent heard anything by now i would defo imagine everying is a ok!!! Your midwife will probably advise you at your next appointment, but if there are any problems they normally call you within a few days of having the bloods taken! xxx

Baby decided to give me the biggest heart attack ever this morning. I decided to listen to the heartbeat as had a few bad pains when i turned over in the night (guessing they were ligamnet pain) well i did everything like i normally did. And looked in the place baby is normally lying, pressed quuite hard and nothing. I cheaked everywhere and nothing, i tried for about 5 mins and i got really worried :( so i got in the shower and tried again after and i put the doppler on my tummy and there it was as clear and as loud as anything. I couldnt bleeive how relieved i was, i would like to know where baby decided to hide so i couldn't hear it 1st time round.
Any way on a positive not 5days to go :happydance:
How is everyone today?

It is pretty scary when you can't find them! Naughty babies!

I'm not too bad thanks, I knew my college assessor was coming to see me today but no idea she was assessing!! :wohoo: 2 Assessments over and done! :D

morning Jo, I would imagine everything is fine hunny.

2805, im sure everyhting will be fine for you to. I think if there was something they needed to speak to you about they would call and arrange an appointment with you.

hey Due#1, i would have been worried to. Baby could have just been laying in a funny position so you couldnt pick it up. Im good though thank you.

xxx

I'm not too bad thanks, I knew my college assessor was coming to see me today but no idea she was assessing!! :wohoo: 2 Assessments over and done! :D
Glad you your assesments are going well

My 1st collage exam is a week and a day after my scan. So i dont even havve 2 weeks til they start :cry: i beleive im gonna be in my exams when my baby starts being really active and stuff and i wont be able to enjoy it.
Yes it really worried me i was almost in tears. But i have to have the doppler as i would worry more without it and be at docs every too minuets

My 1st collage exam is a week and a day after my scan. So i dont even havve 2 weeks til they start :cry: i beleive im gonna be in my exams when my baby starts being really active and stuff and i wont be able to enjoy it.
Yes it really worried me i was almost in tears. But i have to have the doppler as i would worry more without it and be at docs every too minuets

I have my exam resit the first Friday of June :shock:

I have my exam resit the first Friday of June :shock:

Ive got my 1st on the 27th May and last on the 29th june. i have 7 altogether :shock: :cry: i will be getting to 26weeks by the time i finish last exam. i am guessing i will be getting proper nice kicks by then, as have a bit of movement but not loads yet. im guessing i will get all nice kicks when in exams, some of which are 2and 1/2 hours straight arrrh :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->