**** October Bumpkins 2010 ****

Morning/afternoon ladies! Happy Friday! :happydance:

Wow, I had quite a few pages to skim through!

Phillippa... that sucks when baby's give scare us like that! I find it's the same with the movement (or lack of) in the beginning... when you don't feel them for days at a time! And I don't even have a doppler to check on bubs when that happens. But I'm glad you found baby! :D

BB... Im taking my maternity leave at 36 weeks... but I have 2 weeks left of vacation for the year so Im taking that first, and then technically my maternity leave will start when I'm 38 weeks. I figured 4 weeks before baby arrives would be perfect... I took 5 weeks with my daughter and it felt WAY too long at the time (since I was done everything in the first week and basically spent the last 4 weeks twiddling my thumbs, bored out of my mind! LOL)... but this time I have my daughter to spend any free time with... since it won't be just her much longer and she will have to share her time with me! :cry: At least I get full year off here... I cannot WAIT! :happydance:

And preggyeggy... my scan is June 7th! Feels like a while to go, but it's slowly getting closer! :)

So... I just wanted to post something... I took my bump picture yesterday (at 16 weeks) and WOW, I can't believe how much I popped in the last two weeks! I will post my 14 week pic too (pink shirt)... I can't get over it. I officially look pregnant!

https://i801.photobucket.com/albums/yy296/sweetkate85/Pregnancy/DSC03240.jpg
https://i801.photobucket.com/albums/yy296/sweetkate85/Pregnancy/16weeksbaby2.jpg

Anyway, I've been feeling lots of little pokes this morning too... which I am LOVING. I only remember feeling a few pokes every couple days at this point with my daughter so I am really enjoying feeling it a little more often this time. VERY reassuring! :D

That's what I plan to do with my maternity leave too MummyKC! I will probably still have written work to do for my NVQ so can finish that and prepare for baby! :)

Nice bump! :D I don't think you realise the growth until you put 2 pictures together. I did it the other day, I didn't think I had grown but I have look!

First is 12 week 5 days and second is 16 weeks 4 days :D

Attachments

• 12 Week 5 Days.jpg
    12 Week 5 Days.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 1
  • 16 week 3 days.jpg
    16 week 3 days.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 0
Good Morning Everyone........

So many pages to try n catch up with, all I could do was skim. I'm glad everyone is doing good and can't wait for those of you who are having scans soon. My little one is finally kicking hard enough for my other children and husband to see him from the outside........ I think it made it a little more REAL for them

That's lovely :D

I only feel my little man every now and again each day, I can't wait until he is really active and we can both feel him on the outside!!

Did you feel your other children properly this early on?

Aww very cute bump BB!!! You're right... I didn't think I grew much these past two weeks either until I looked at the picture! :wacko:

And Wantabelly.. that's really exciting that you can already feel and see movement from the outside. I didn't even feel my daughter move from the outside until I was at least 21-22 weeks. Hopefully it happens even sooner this time. I've noticed I feel more movement with this baby than I did at this point with my daughter, but I think that's just because I know what to look for. And even still, the movements aren't THAT frequent at all yet. :(

Hi Ladies :wave:,

Hope everyone is well and looking forward to the weekend.

I have spent a lovely afternoon today at The Dryburgh Abbey Hotel where I went for a swim lunch with a friend. We arrived at about 1pm and went for a swim, we were the only 2 in the pool it was so relaxing and peaceful just what I needed. Then at 2pm we went for lunch which was nice (apart from the hair in my soup :growlmad: ).

dryburgh hotel.jpg dryburgh pool.jpg

So tired now :sleep:.

Have a good weekend everyone.

Jo xx

Hi Everyone,

Hope you are all okay.
I've just got back from seeingmidwife/consultant and i've got to have a gestational diabetes test done when i'm 28 weeks, basically because Callum was born 5 weeks early and weighed 6ib8oz, they are worried I have this gestational diabetes. Has anyone else had this done??? Apparently the drink you have to have is disgusting!!!!
Anyway, apart from that she listened to baby's heartbeat and had a feel of him and everything was good.
Karenxxxx

Hi Ladies :wave:,

Hope everyone is well and looking forward to the weekend.

I have spent a lovely afternoon today at The Dryburgh Abbey Hotel where I went for a swim lunch with a friend. We arrived at about 1pm and went for a swim, we were the only 2 in the pool it was so relaxing and peaceful just what I needed. Then at 2pm we went for lunch which was nice (apart from the hair in my soup :growlmad: ).

View attachment 82577 View attachment 82578

So tired now :sleep:.

Have a good weekend everyone.

Jo xx

What a lovely place Jo, glad you had a nice relaxing time away from the stress of moving xxx

Hi Karen,

Hopefully you wont have Gestational Diabeties its not something I know anything about. good that their keeping a check on things though. Glad to her everything else is ok with baby. You got any names picked out yet?

Jo x

Jo - I'm glad you have a nice day. That hotel looks gorgeous! And don't just hate it when you find hair in your food??? :sick: Yuck. But I'm glad you had a nice day still! I would LOVE to go swimming! :)

Karen - here in Ontario, everyone gets the glucose test done at 28-30 weeks (regardless if you have history of gestational diabetes or not). I had it done twice with my daughter because I failed the first test (I passed the second with flying colours!). Honestly, I didn't find the drink to be that bad. It basically just tastes like really sweet orange pop. I already have my appointment to have it done again this pregnancy (in August).
I'm glad to hear your appointment went well! I see my midwife on May 25th and can't wait to hear pumpkin's heartbeat again! :happydance:

xx

Jo - I'm glad you have a nice day. That hotel looks gorgeous! And don't just hate it when you find hair in your food??? :sick: Yuck. But I'm glad you had a nice day still! I would LOVE to go swimming! :)

Karen - here in Ontario, everyone gets the glucose test done at 28-30 weeks (regardless if you have history of gestational diabetes or not). I had it done twice with my daughter because I failed the first test (I passed the second with flying colours!). Honestly, I didn't find the drink to be that bad. It basically just tastes like really sweet orange pop. I already have my appointment to have it done again this pregnancy (in August).
I'm glad to hear your appointment went well! I see my midwife on May 25th and can't wait to hear pumpkin's heartbeat again! :happydance:

xx

Oh thanks for that,that's put my mind at rest. Do you have to fast beforehand??? (I forgot to ask that!!). I think they're just being exceptionally careful because Callum was 5 weeks early and they're making sure I have every test done under the sun LOL!!!!!

Good luck with your appointment on the 25th, that will soon come round in no time.

Karenxx

Hi Karen,

Hopefully you wont have Gestational Diabeties its not something I know anything about. good that their keeping a check on things though. Glad to her everything else is ok with baby. You got any names picked out yet?

Jo x

Hi,

I saw your thread on your little girls name and just for the record I think it's a lovely name!!!
We have a small shortlist of names but I think we're kindof going with Daniel at the moment, I love the name Kian but it doesn't sound right with Callum, so I was thinking of Daniel Kian- what do you think???? Like you though I have the problem where my Husband won't commit to a name and all I want is a definate name - GOD I NEED TO BE ORGANISED LOL!!!!!!!!!!
What other names are you thinking of??
Karenxx

Hi Karen,

I really like Daniel it was on my list of boys names and I like Kian too they go well together. OH has just said if we go for Alba he wants to pick the middle name I thought we'd already picked the middle name (Jo after me!) but he can't remember that - typical, so we'll see what he comes up with. I told my friend that I liked Alba today and she hummed and hawed and then said "Alba Cannon sounds like the name of a company give me a day or two to absorb it and I'll let you know what I think" - WTF! This is why I had not wanted to tell anyone (except on here).

I'm away to take my daughter to her first dancing class tonight she's so excited.

Speak soon.

Jo x

Morning/afternoon ladies! Happy Friday! :happydance:

Wow, I had quite a few pages to skim through!

Phillippa... that sucks when baby's give scare us like that! I find it's the same with the movement (or lack of) in the beginning... when you don't feel them for days at a time! And I don't even have a doppler to check on bubs when that happens. But I'm glad you found baby! :D

BB... Im taking my maternity leave at 36 weeks... but I have 2 weeks left of vacation for the year so Im taking that first, and then technically my maternity leave will start when I'm 38 weeks. I figured 4 weeks before baby arrives would be perfect... I took 5 weeks with my daughter and it felt WAY too long at the time (since I was done everything in the first week and basically spent the last 4 weeks twiddling my thumbs, bored out of my mind! LOL)... but this time I have my daughter to spend any free time with... since it won't be just her much longer and she will have to share her time with me! :cry: At least I get full year off here... I cannot WAIT! :happydance:

And preggyeggy... my scan is June 7th! Feels like a while to go, but it's slowly getting closer! :)

So... I just wanted to post something... I took my bump picture yesterday (at 16 weeks) and WOW, I can't believe how much I popped in the last two weeks! I will post my 14 week pic too (pink shirt)... I can't get over it. I officially look pregnant!

https://i801.photobucket.com/albums/yy296/sweetkate85/Pregnancy/DSC03240.jpg
https://i801.photobucket.com/albums/yy296/sweetkate85/Pregnancy/16weeksbaby2.jpg

Anyway, I've been feeling lots of little pokes this morning too... which I am LOVING. I only remember feeling a few pokes every couple days at this point with my daughter so I am really enjoying feeling it a little more often this time. VERY reassuring! :D

Thanks yes naughty baby i was so glad i could find it. after my MMC i need the doppler to stop me worrying everyday thay i might have had another MMC. I know its sounds extreme but to me its not.
Your bump is lovely :)
I only have not even 5 days til my scan :yipee:
Im sure the 7th of June will come round soon. I'm also waiting until the 5th June as i turn 18 and tbh it seems closer than my scan - dunno how that works :dohh:

Hi Karen,

I really like Daniel it was on my list of boys names and I like Kian too they go well together. OH has just said if we go for Alba he wants to pick the middle name I thought we'd already picked the middle name (Jo after me!) but he can't remember that - typical, so we'll see what he comes up with. I told my friend that I liked Alba today and she hummed and hawed and then said "Alba Cannon sounds like the name of a company give me a day or two to absorb it and I'll let you know what I think" - WTF! This is why I had not wanted to tell anyone (except on here).

I'm away to take my daughter to her first dancing class tonight she's so excited.

Speak soon.

Jo x

I know, we're keeping it quiet too because everyone seems to have an opionion!!!!!

Have a lovely time tonight.

xxxxx

Hi Karen,

Speak soon.

Jo x

I know, we're keeping it quiet too because everyone seems to have an opionion!!!!!

xxxxx

5 days to go til our scans :happydance:

Hi Karen,

Speak soon.

Jo x

xxxxx

Hi Due 2010,

Yes,I know it's come round quick hasn't it??? Are you excited?? It seemed like such a long time when we was talking about it before and now it's next week!!!!
xxxxx

Hi Karen,

Speak soon.

Jo x

xxxxx

Hi Due 2010,

Yes,I know it's come round quick hasn't it??? Are you excited?? It seemed like such a long time when we was talking about it before and now it's next week!!!!
xxxxx

excited but so scared lol you?
Yes i know it feels liek just yesterday i posted the scan is this month thread and that was 14days ago lol. its gone so quick well i think it has.
And now its the weekend which always goes to quick, so it will be round so fast i hope

Hi Karen,

Speak soon.

Jo x

xxxxx

Hi Due 2010,

xxxxx

Yes i know it feels liek just yesterday i posted the scan is this month thread and that was 14days ago lol. its gone so quick well i think it has.
And now its the weekend which always goes to quick, so it will be round so fast i hope

Yeah like you excited but nervous, I just want to make sure he's okay and that everything is working and growing the way it should be!!! I can't wait to hear how you get on and whether it's a little boy or girl, my appointment isn't until 4pm so i'll come on here that night and see what you've wrote :happydance:

Hi Karen,

Speak soon.

Jo x

xxxxx

Hi Due 2010,

xxxxx

Yeah like you excited but nervous, I just want to make sure he's okay and that everything is working and growing the way it should be!!! I can't wait to hear how you get on and whether it's a little boy or girl, my appointment isn't until 4pm so i'll come on here that night and see what you've wrote :happydance:

I didnt think you knew the sex, or is that me going mad. Ive got to go to collage after my scan, so not sure if i will be able to post until the evening anyway. ive been calling baby a her/she recently i will feel a bit quilty if it's a boy and ive been calling him a her.
I just want it to come :) i aint gonna sleep tue night

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->