Rainbow Makers - WTTAL, NTNPAL, TTCAL & PAL friends

Oh Sarah :hugs::hugs: I know how much this means to you. It is crap:hugs:

As for the no line, just wait and see.

Holding your hand :hugs:

ICs are always different. some have less dye or lighter dye. If it came up within the time limit its not likely to be an evap and I've peed on thousands of ICs.

Heres my scan pic from Tuesday...

And I'm pleased to report that my cm is now lovely and clear or creamy white!! Theres no such thing as TMI around here is there??

I wanna see some more testing done around here. And I want pics. i love that Tasha encourages testing!

ICs are always different. some have less dye or lighter dye. If it came up within the time limit its not likely to be an evap and I've peed on thousands of ICs.

Heres my scan pic from Tuesday...

And I'm pleased to report that my cm is now lovely and clear or creamy white!! Theres no such thing as TMI around here is there??

I wanna see some more testing done around here. And I want pics. i love that Tasha encourages testing!

I dont see the scan picture :( YAY for CM being clear or creamy white :haha:

:shock: at me encouraging testing. I dont do things like that!!! Are joining the two Sarah's in their bullying campaign against me :cry::haha::haha:

Thought I'd copy and paste the latest from our dealings with the hospital if thats ok with you ladies xxx

Basically the head of women’s service phoned last night clearly annoyed and upset. Right from the outset she’s been incredibly sorry for what happened to Archie and really embraced the idea of Rob and myself being involved in the new policy. We both felt that if we were onboard we could try and make sure no other parents had to go through what we did and that the policy really would pay the due care and attention Angel parents deserve.

We’ve already been in one meeting which went really well, the only person who was obstructive and rude was the bereavement midwife. The next meeting should be with histopathology, we’d been asked by head of women’s services to attend as she thought we would have more impact than ever she could have. Keep in mind since knowing we would be attending this I have read information that no Angel mummy should have to read, this was my choice as I didn’t want them to try and baffle me with science, I wanted to go in prepared so I would be doing the best for Archie and other babies like him.

Now all of a sudden the legal department and histopathology don’t want us there. They’re claiming its for sensitivity issues. I think the head of women’s services is so angry that she stormed into the office of her boss and said “we weren’t being very sensitive when we put their baby in formaldehyde, why start now!!!!!” She basically said she could get in trouble for phoning me, but felt it was her duty to let us know how things are going. She’s now prepared a letter stating that in the professional guidelines it states a service user should be part of the team that devise a policy, well I think that’s us!!!

I’m so pissed off as we choose not to go down any legal route (even though solicitors thought we may have a case), also I’ve never named the hospital publicly or to anybody like SANDS etc. We always felt that by allowing us to be part of this it was almost part of an unwritten deal that we wouldn’t take it further. Well I’m giving them the opportunity to accept us back on board or that’s it I’m going to get in touch with the solicitors, I’m even prepared to take it to the press and name them. We always thought that when we started writing to other trusts if they wouldn’t listen we may have to go to the press, but always said as our hospital had done the right thing to change things we’d never name them. Yeah right!!!!!!!!

Ohh Sass I am so sorry they are messing you around, and especially after all of the hard work you have put into this to make it better for others. I am glad the head of womens services is still behiund you, and maybe together you can get back on side.

I know how incredibly dificult it can be when legal departments get involved, as they are so suspicious of 'outsiders' so to speak. I know it is not the same, but we have to deal with a lot of this when going into large companies that are making redundancies.

But darling you do what you have to. would it help getting SANDS involved, perhaps they have people there who deal with health trust legal dept and could get you in somehow. you could always enquire to them without mentioning the hospital involved. But if you need to go to the press or proceed down the legal route yourself than we will all be here behind you xxxxx

Melly great news about the CM!!!! def no room for TMI around here :rofl: we will all know each other inside out by the time we all have our rainbows here!!!

MM hows your day been?

Tash tiredness is good!!!!

SJ where have you gone.... I hope everything is ok?????

AFM I have O pains today i think :happydance: :happydance: bloody well painful, but let the baby making begin!!!!!!

Thanks Hannpin, yes I've already spoken to SANDS without mentioning the hospital. I spoke to them originally about their Guidelines for professional practice which state that formalin should only be used when absolutely essential although it shouldn't prevent the parents from viewing the baby. I did point out that how were parents meant to view the baby? Did they intend for the hospital to put the baby down on a table in a glass jar? or if, as in Archie's case, they wash the baby, are they aware that the babies colour completely changes and they absolutely stink of formaldehyde which is foul!!! Plus you can't really touch them only with medical gloves on, then after you have to wash your hands very throughly. They are going to change there next guidelines because of the information I have given! Which is great as I really feel Archie has already made a difference. There are just so many implications from using formalin, I could go on for hours I've read that much over these last few weeks.

Anyway the top and bottom of it is that for all SANDS produce guidelines and will campaign and produce documents pertinent to good practice, they won't get involved in a case like ours. The woman was great though, she wanted to use the policy we had helped to write as a benchmark policy, she also wanted (when we'd finished the policy) to get an article about us in the midwifery and nursing press. I agreed but (get ready for this) I asked for full editorial rights so we could as the hospital if they wanted to be named or not!!!! God I'm an idiot sometimes. I just felt that as they'd embraced us in this they deserved some respect and loyalty from us!!!!!!!!!

PS that last comment made me cry, I can't believe how many wonderful people I've met on here, thank you xxx

Sorry only just seen your last post good luck with the baby making :winkwink:

thats not you being an idiot, its you thinking of others. I can completely see why you wanted to leave it up to them if they wanted to be names or not, especially as it is such a hard subject to talk about. But at least it is not too late to change your mind. I they continue to be a*se holes then do what you gotta do xxxx

hello all

Sass - love ya hun, so sorry for all the crap you are going through xxxx

I just wanted to let you all know it looks like bad news for both Sarah's :-( i did another test yesterday which had an even fainter line than the first, I also felt awful all day, the last time I had that awful feeling was when I first thought something was wrong with Evelyn. Then today every single symptom has gone and I have just tried testing and there is nothing at all there, not even a smudge so looks like a chemical for me.

Am totally gutted but am trying so hard to see the positive that everything obviously got to the right place but it just wasn't meant to be. Very sad but also very positive for next month :)

Hope someone gets some good luck soon xxx

Oh SJ :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: I am so sorry to hear this :( But like you said, at least you know things are back to working order.

heres to next month :dust: xxxxxxx

Oh SJ, I am so sorry. I know that this is the exact reason that women shouldnt test early, but we still do. But you are right, everything is back to normal and working fine. :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

aww Melly thats a lovely little bean :) have they given you a EDD, or are you having a dating scan at a later date xxxx

According to my LMP my EDD is February 11, but my scan measured 2 days behind (i'm not exactly sure of when i o'ved, so that gives me a EDD of Feb 13. I'm sticking with feb 11, because thats my Dads birthday.

Morning girls.

SJ I am so sorry that I encourage/pushed you to test. And sorry for what has happened.

Sarah, we spoke last night but still can't believe them. Massive hugs, and thank you again for being there as always. Hugs.

Melly beautiful scan picture.

Hannah and Kayleigh, how are you both?

As for me, ten weeks today since I met Riley Rae, and for the first time I am smiling about her. Of course I wish it wasn't this way, but I am lucky to of met my beautiful girls, as areall of you meeting your angels. And my test is dark enough to be picked up on camera now, just about. Off out but will upload later x

Melly - lovely scan picture :hugs:

Tasha - I can't believe things for either of us, for you in that you should have had answers straight away. And of course I can't believe the hospital, I just don't get how they thinking pushing us away is better than keeping us part of the process. I'm giving the woman we get on with time to try to sort something, if she can't we're going to go for it, whether that be through solicitors of press!!!

Can't wait to see you BFP!!! Congratulations :happydance:

I will always be there whenever you need someone :hugs:

I'm so pleased that thinking of Riley puts a smile on your face, all your children are beautiful and I'm sure they all put a smile on your face. I think thats what you have to try and focus on (easier said than done I know), if these b******s from the hospital stop you from smiling because of their appalling behaviour and lack of compassion and care, then they've won. Your children are gorgeous, hold on to that thought :hugs:

By the way came we have some more kaysie stories on FB they always cheer me up!

Kayleigh, Hannah and Jo - are you ok?

AFM - no line again this morning!

hey been away at mums for sisters prom... will catch up after work tonight but i can already see some :hugs::hugs: are in need xxxxxxxxxxx

Evening girlies,

Sarah it is so wrong, that either of us should have to fight. I am hanging on to what you said about my babies, honestly my love for the five of them and Matt is the only reason I am still here today.

Girls I am sooooooooo excited for Glee, I am front row and think I might chuck myself at Puck :haha:

Any way I thought I would share this with you, I always think of it as a sort of angel mummy's anthem because we are always there for eachother, you will all know it but I think it takes on a different sort of meaning. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZR4cVE0Htw&feature=related

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->